Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Welcome Beanser! Congratulations! Do you feel like a first timer, with the age gap or has it all come flooding back to you? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 beanser

Thanks Hannibal Smith!

Kind of a mixture of both, but everything I THOUGHT I knew from the first pregnancy is totally different this time round. Like I was sick every day for 9 months last time, this time only twice. And this time I'm having those Braxton Hicks contractions which I never had before.

It's still as scary as a first pregnancy though!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

hah! the nurse took only two readings today when the doctor comes over to me and says...why do they keep sending you over here, your BP is fine....it might be a little bit up on Clinic days, but other than that it's grand and she sent me packing....I officially love her :D It's so nice to get a doctor that is chilled and relaxed :D

Just the Glucose Tolerance Test to get passed now and hopefully I'll be hospital free for a while....sorry for my tantrum yesterday :o

I think we're allowed our little tantrums... :D Glad you got out of it well enough then. I didn't ask about gender. I just wasn't sure I wanted to know... And I'd prefer to wait than be sorry I asked - though why I'd be sorry, I don't know. Though I did have a sneak peek myself and it might (serious emphasis on the might) be a boy. I'm not even mentioning that to himself cos it was on the side profile and I could have just been seeing shadows... :rolleyes:

And hi beanser! I think I lurked for until about week 18-19 myself! :p And now I can't stop!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Just the Glucose Tolerance Test to get passed now and hopefully I'll be hospital free for a while...

I had this aswell and i was so annoyed with myself.. but i only had 1 spike after taking the yuck drink so i was clear ish . .so they called it diet related and i had to cut back on the dairy and watch my sugar intake. . fruit too.. i've had no issues before or since and hopefully it'll stay that way cos of the 4 pregnancies this was the easiest. .
    Hoepfully it'll be ok. .;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Hi Beanser, due the same month as me.

Baby doing riverdance here because I've a bit of a stomach upset & they're not happy…

Question for ye girls. Is anyone attending or attended the coagulation clinic in St James? Been referred for the first time & not too sure what to expect.

• Advertisement

cbyrd wrote: »
    I had this aswell and i was so annoyed with myself.. but i only had 1 spike after taking the yuck drink so i was clear ish . .so they called it diet related and i had to cut back on the dairy and watch my sugar intake. . fruit too.. i've had no issues before or since and hopefully it'll stay that way cos of the 4 pregnancies this was the easiest. .
    Hoepfully it'll be ok. .;)

Is that one spike after the first test, or one spike after the second test (the one where they keep you for 3 hours?) I'm just wondering if it was a little blip the other day and they might just pat me on the head and send me on my way :o

Haahaa Nicowa, god only knows what you saw :D Were you waiting long to be seen?

Sorry Eoineo never been to a coagulation clinic...hope everything goes okay xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

nicowa wrote: »
    . I didn't ask about gender. I just wasn't sure I wanted to know... And I'd prefer to wait than be sorry I asked - though why I'd be sorry, I don't know. Though I did have a sneak peek myself and it might (serious emphasis on the might) be a boy. I'm not even mentioning that to himself cos it was on the side profile and I could have just been seeing shadows... :rolleyes:

hehe - my hubbie came out of our 12 week scan (had one cos had a vanishing twin :() and he said i know the sex...... i was like..hun i think its a bit early, i dont think they can tell yet.... then it transpired he thought the umbilical cord was a really big willy!!!!:D:eek::D

Eoineo wrote: »
    Hi Beanser, due the same month as me.

Baby doing riverdance here because I've a bit of a stomach upset & they're not happy…

Question for ye girls. Is anyone attending or attended the coagulation clinic in St James? Been referred for the first time & not too sure what to expect.

Hey Eoineo, hope you're feelin a bit better, there's a tummy bug going round our office here, afraid of me life I'll get it :eek:

Sorry, don't know what the coagulation clinic is, hope you get on ok though.

nicowa wrote: »
    And hi beanser! I think I lurked for until about week 18-19 myself! :p And now I can't stop!:eek:

Thanks Nicowa :D think I'll be the same, hooked!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

dublinlady wrote: »
    hehe - my hubbie came out of our 12 week scan (had one cos had a vanishing twin :() and he said i know the sex...... i was like..hun i think its a bit early, i dont think they can tell yet.... then it transpired he thought the umbilical cord was a really big willy!!!!:D:eek::D

Oh Jesus that's hilarious. Sorry about the loss of you twin. It seems men always think they can understand an ultra sound perfectly where as women are just searching for something barely recognisable on the screen. My other half decided to tell a few people when I was in labour that he was also sure it was a boy as he could see it as clear as day on the screen but I couldn't. At least he was as shocked as me when a girl arrived out!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Thanks ladies I guess I'll have to report back after I've visited. I'm feeling fine, just I've an upset stomach that comes and goes since I had gallbladder surgery earlier this year. Anything fatty just triggers me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

dublinlady wrote: »

That's the second time I've heard that lately.

I was waiting about half an hour from the time of the appointment - I was in about 10 mins early. And while it only took 20 mins I pretty much saw everything I wanted to see. And while I appreciate everything being pointed out I wasn't really inspired by "here's the stomach and here's the kidneys..." Though it was really cool to see the heartbeat and the coloured bloodflow. And while we were watching that baby gave a big kick and you should have seen the little flare up on the heartbeat! :D That was pretty cool.

Hope all goes well Eoineo!

Is that one spike after the first test, or one spike after the second test (the one where they keep you for 3 hours?) I'm just wondering if it was a little blip the other day and they might just pat me on the head and send me on my way :o

No it was one spike on the 3 hour test. . first was 5 then 11.something and then back down to 5.7 and then 5 again.. if the 3rd one spiked i would have been diabetic. . and i would have howled. . :rolleyes:
    nearly finished my marathon week. . just 2 days left til i have a day off. . and then i can get to grips with the housework :( although i left my 12 year old home today and i came home to a hoovered polished house and a clean kitchen. . as good a job as i'd do .. :D i nearly cried i was so happy. . . of course it's just buttering me up so she can get out to the junior disco next week. .. but i don't mind my house is CLEAN :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭Ms2011

8 weeks today and I finally got round to going to the doctors this week, everything checked out fine.:)
    Made my hospital appointment, it's the end of September.
    I'm having a private early scan next week though for 2 reasons, 1) I can't wait another 6 weeks to see my baba and 2) OH is dying to tell his sister who lives aboad but is over visiting at the moment, she is due to go home next Friday and he wants to tell her before she goes home, I would like to get the ok from a scan though before I tell anyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 setlikejelly

Ms2011
    congrats on your pregnancy.. its so exciting... I wanted the same thing. my husband wanted to tell his sister ASAP but i felt better waiting till i seen it on the scan. Where you able to hear the heartbeat at the doctor. I heard the heartbeat at the midwife around nine weeks, its amazing and i think it is as good as a scan at putting my mind at easy. I am nearly 19weeks now and still havent felt the baby movement but i had a scan on tuesday and everything seems fine. my husband keeps saying its how the baby is too well padded with my tummy.
    hope all goes well with your scan

cbyrd wrote: »
    No it was one spike on the 3 hour test. . first was 5 then 11.something and then back down to 5.7 and then 5 again.. if the 3rd one spiked i would have been diabetic. . and i would have howled. . :rolleyes:
    nearly finished my marathon week. . just 2 days left til i have a day off. . and then i can get to grips with the housework :( although i left my 12 year old home today and i came home to a hoovered polished house and a clean kitchen. . as good a job as i'd do .. :D i nearly cried i was so happy. . . of course it's just buttering me up so she can get out to the junior disco next week. .. but i don't mind my house is CLEAN :D:D:D

Jees are there any other discos or things you can dangle in front of her like a carrot before baby comes? Or maybe save them till after baby arrives :D

Thanks for that about the glucose...will find out on monday I guess...I'm more intrigued about how I'm gonna last with no food :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Ms2011
    congrats on your pregnancy.. its so exciting... I wanted the same thing. my husband wanted to tell his sister ASAP but i felt better waiting till i seen it on the scan. Where you able to hear the heartbeat at the doctor. I heard the heartbeat at the midwife around nine weeks, its amazing and i think it is as good as a scan at putting my mind at easy. I am nearly 19weeks now and still havent felt the baby movement but i had a scan on tuesday and everything seems fine. my husband keeps saying its how the baby is too well padded with my tummy.
    hope all goes well with your scan

Thanks Setlikejelly. No I didn't get to hear the heartbeat unfourtunately. I think seeing the scan next week will give me some peace of mind, at least for a little while :)
    I can't wait to get to your stage and start anticipating feeling some movement :)

Week 30 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Halfway

Hi girls,
    Don't post much but my two kids (son 3 & daughter 14 months) have been taken off me for a day and night and don't know what to do with myself. Husband hoovered and washed floors yesterday so the major house work is done. What did I do before I had children?????

8 weeks to go..................... I should be enjoying the pease and quiet but I'm actually a bit bored. I suppose this is where wine came in previously......... I probably should be packing going away for a few days tomorrow but oh the effort..............

Oh dear god the tiredness. . . but the week is over and next week i get a day and a half off :eek: i'll be glad when the schools are back. 34+3 today and baba is just going mental all day. . . i think i have a riverdancer. . he seems to like headbutting my bladder . . a lot . . and punching my appendix and climbing my ribs. . but other than that he's fine.. :rolleyes:
    Was at the GP yesterday and she rolled her eyes when she asked was i finishing work at least a week before my due date .. :pac: i told her i would if i was allowed to paint at least 4 rooms at home otherwise i was as well off at work... i'd probably do less :D have intentions of just going til i can't.. and i'm back in after 6 weeks. . that'll be for a rest too :rolleyes:;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Avril123

Have a hospital appointment this week, it will be 2nd one the other one was 6 weeks ago and it only feels like yesterday I went in, is it the same as my 1st appoinmtent, urine, waiting around to see the doctor for a quick 5 min check up and scan and then going ? Does anyone else have an appointment this week?

Avril123 wrote: »
    Have a hospital appointment this week, it will be 2nd one the other one was 6 weeks ago and it only feels like yesterday I went in, is it the same as my 1st appoinmtent, urine, waiting around to see the doctor for a quick 5 min check up and scan and then going ? Does anyone else have an appointment this week?
    Yeah it'll be urine weight check and a meeting with the doc. If they've a scanning machine in the room you'll get a scan, if not they'll just check for the heartbeat.

I have an app tomorrow as it happens lol

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Good luck with appts this week girls!

Halfway, hope you found a nice relaxing way to spend your free time :-) and cbyrd I'm exhausted just reading your post. Hope you are having a day off!

31 days left, but who's counting, eh? Got signed off today for total exhaustion, not sleeping very well. Will be nice to spend time with the kids before school starts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Well, I'm wrecked. We've pretty much unfinished unpacking everything in the new house. The stair gate is up but we haven't finished fencing in the yard yet so I still can't relax about the toddler/dogs, but once that's done I think we'll be grand. We also had a house full of visitors as it was the wee lad's second birthday and everyone came to celebrate and to see the new gaff - exhausting but one of the nicest weekends I've had in a long time.

Frustratingly I haven't managed to get my file switched to Limerick Maternity yet (20 mins away) so I had to drive the 2-hr trip to Kilkenny twice last week, once for the GTT (all perfectly normal) and once for a standard antenatal check. All going well, no blood pressure problems, got to hear baby's heartbeat for the first time which was lovely- I have to put in something nice or I'll be moved to the pregnancy moan thread! Hope ye are all feeling well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 P2ikseke

What is earliest time to take maternity leave ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Halfway wrote: »
    Hi girls,
    Don't post much but my two kids (son 3 & daughter 14 months) have been taken off me for a day and night and don't know what to do with myself. Husband hoovered and washed floors yesterday so the major house work is done. What did I do before I had children?????

8 weeks to go..................... I should be enjoying the pease and quiet but I'm actually a bit bored. I suppose this is where wine came in previously......... I probably should be packing going away for a few days tomorrow but oh the effort..............

Mod Note: Abbreviations such as DD, DS etc should not be used on this forum, please take the time to read the charter to familiarize yourself with the rules :)

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

19 weeks 4 days and feels like baby is having a little party!:D very exciting.
    well at least i think thats what all the feelings are. yesterday was a quiet day and this morning is different.i duno. its madness.

Ms2011 wrote: »
    8 weeks today and I finally got round to going to the doctors this week, everything checked out fine.:)
    Made my hospital appointment, it's the end of September.
    I'm having a private early scan next week though for 2 reasons, 1) I can't wait another 6 weeks to see my baba and 2) OH is dying to tell his sister who lives aboad but is over visiting at the moment, she is due to go home next Friday and he wants to tell her before she goes home, I would like to get the ok from a scan though before I tell anyone :)

Congratulations!! Those early days are so exciting, hope your scan goes well

Week 30 :eek:

Just behind you at 27 weeks tomorrow ... 3rd trimester :eek::eek::eek: !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

beanser wrote: »
    Just behind you at 27 weeks tomorrow ... 3rd trimester :eek::eek::eek: !!
    There'll be a bunch of us - I'm 28 weeks this week!

Advertisement