Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Hahaha the last time i was in the hospital for my routine check i had ben with me (18 months) i was having the first gtt done and would be there for an hour before i got in to see the doc after the blood test..

in fairness the blood test only took about 5 mins but it was the waiting for the lucozade to do it's magic.. when we came back ben was a little bored so i took him out of the buggy and then had to run round after him.. :D and he's fast.. up and down the corridors and one of the midwives was winding him up by jumping out from behind the desk and he thought it was hilarious..

this went on for about 20 mins and then i was called into see the doc.. she took my bp and of course it was high.. i was sweating a little cos it was a warm day and i'd been running after ben.. i looked like i should be admitted :eek: they did all the things they do and then asked me to wait 15 mins sitting quietly and have my bp done again before they'd let me go home :D

to top it off the baby was doing houdini and they couldn't find the heartbeat .. she was asking me had i felt movement in the last hour.. i had .. loads.. she looked at me like i was lying:rolleyes: i was hoping that they'd send me for a scan but after about 5 mins they found it.. in my bellybutton.. after i told them 5 mins previously thats where he usually hangs out .. :eek:
    I'll be on nursing duty tomorrow. . .my husband is going for the SNIP. . yay :D hahahaha...

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Mine thinks I'm joking about the snip cbyrd...he'll realise soon enough when he's not allowed anywhere near me "just in case"!!! This is our last baby for sure!!! Hope it goes ok for him :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

haahaa that always makes me laugh, it's like baby's trying to wind them up! I think the doctors should check their own bp once in a while because they seem very on edge to me :D

Yeah and then you get the doctor who sighs over your weight while their sitting on a fair amount of extra pounds themselves :rolleyes: :D

Anyway the snip is done and fair play he's not complaining too much... everytime he tries i say delivery... times 3 :D and another to go

I'd say the best €695 ever spent.. we'll know by december.. i didn't realise those little bugger sperm lived so long in there.. 4 - 6 months before he can get the all clear. . that'll be november and i'll only be about 4 - 6 weeks after delivery and there is no way on this gods green earth he'll be near me at that stage :D
    9 weeks and 5 days left . . . or 11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

cbyrd wrote: »
    Yeah and then you get the doctor who sighs over your weight while their sitting on a fair amount of extra pounds themselves :rolleyes: :D

Anyway the snip is done and fair play he's not complaining too much... everytime he tries i say delivery... times 3 :D and another to go

I'd say the best €695 ever spent.. we'll know by december.. i didn't realise those little bugger sperm lived so long in there.. 4 - 6 months before he can get the all clear. . that'll be november and i'll only be about 4 - 6 weeks after delivery and there is no way on this gods green earth he'll be near me at that stage :D
    9 weeks and 5 days left . . . or 11

Cbyrd,

You just gave me the best laugh I have had in ages. Sure you dont want to go again. I know a girl who had a 22 & a8 month and is 6 montths gone with her 3rd child. She sent him for the snip just after she had the last baby and low and behold she still got cought and the first time they had sex after she had the last baby. She was in total shock when she found out. He is like I had the snip and for nothing!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Hi Ladies, I'm transfering over here from the ttc thread. I'm 4weeks +1, I just got my positive test on Thursday and it's only just starting to sink in now:o. I'm both nervous and excited about the weeks ahead as this will be my first baby. All going well I should be due on March 30th :)

Congrats to you ms2011, all the best for the coming months!

Caroline I can't believe that! Guess it really does take a few months to get rid of the swimmers. That would be something that would happen to me.

Have heard of 4 baby girls born in our little village since last Saturday - there'll be some competition for boys in a few years time!

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies, I'm transfering over here from the ttc thread. I'm 4weeks +1, I just got my positive test on Thursday and it's only just starting to sink in now:o. I'm both nervous and excited about the weeks ahead as this will be my first baby. All going well I should be due on March 30th :)

Congratulations! Hope yr feeling okay so far xx

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

Hi All,

Im 15 weeks and 2 days! biggrin.gif i think i am experiencing round ligament pain. I now have a bump that is noticeable when i wear certain clothes. sometimes the pain is either at my left lower side or right lower side but its bad when it comes. sometimes lasts for a while then is suddenly gone only to return with a sudden stabbing. other times it comes and goes. sometimes i feel perfectly pain free and then its suddenly killing me. is this normal? anyone any ideas?

visited doc last monday and i heard the heart beat biggrin.gif

Hi All,

Im 15 weeks and 2 days! biggrin.gif i think i am experiencing round ligament pain. I now have a bump that is noticeable when i wear certain clothes. sometimes the pain is either at my left lower side or right lower side but its bad when it comes. sometimes lasts for a while then is suddenly gone only to return with a sudden stabbing. other times it comes and goes. sometimes i feel perfectly pain free and then its suddenly killing me. is this normal? anyone any ideas?

visited doc last monday and i heard the heart beat biggrin.gif

Yeah, I get that. Not so much on my first, but am getting it a lot this time around. It's usually only if I stand up suddenly, or if I walk to fast and usually settles down after I get into my stride or stop for a bit.

• Advertisement

Congratulations! Hope yr feeling okay so far xx

Boobs are really sore and getting more sore by the day :( but other than that I'm fine.
    Not really much to do at this stage, I'm finished work in 3 weeks so I'll pay my doctor a visit then and get the ball rolling on hospital visits etc. Until then just resting and taking my vits and folic acid :)

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Boobs are really sore and getting more sore by the day :( but other than that I'm fine.
    Not really much to do at this stage, I'm finished work in 3 weeks so I'll pay my doctor a visit then and get the ball rolling on hospital visits etc. Until then just resting and taking my vits and folic acid :)

Oh I feel your pain...my boobs ached up until 4 months. It's awful isn't it? Sounds like a good plan to me ;)

Oh I feel your pain...my boobs ached up until 4 months. It's awful isn't it? Sounds like a good plan to me ;)

So another 3 months of boobs pain to go :( all worth it though of course :)

haahaa the way I see it is at least you know everything's alright :D

Follow up from last week, went to the Day Clinic today, had a bp series done...bp is perfectly fine, just like I told yer one last week.....there is protein in the urine would you believe after all me narking last week, but they don't seem too worried about it, so I was told to relax and just come back in 3 weeks woohooo :D

I was supposed to have an appointment this morning but had to cancel cos my husband left his car in for a service and took mine this morning. . . :rolleyes: have to wait til next week. . so i'm stranded at home with 3 lunatics and no way of escape :D poor me

I was supposed to have an appointment this morning but had to cancel cos my husband left his car in for a service and took mine this morning. . . :rolleyes: have to wait til next week. . so i'm stranded at home with 3 lunatics and no way of escape :D poor me

You think that's bad, I'm stuck in work with the Bubble Guppies theme tune going round and round in my head :(:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

You think that's bad, I'm stuck in work with the Bubble Guppies theme tune going round and round in my head :(:D
    Hilarious! I've started to have a constant soundtrack of incidental music from kids' shows in my head - mostly it's the 'dramatic music' from Ben & Holly, the bit they play when something scary or dangerous happens (my life consists of pulling the 2-yr-old out of mischief). That and the 'show me show me' theme song. Think we need to get rid of the telly. Bump will be born knowing the words to the Jimmer Jammer song!

Hilarious! I've started to have a constant soundtrack of incidental music from kids' shows in my head - mostly it's the 'dramatic music' from Ben & Holly, the bit they play when something scary or dangerous happens (my life consists of pulling the 2-yr-old out of mischief). That and the 'show me show me' theme song. Think we need to get rid of the telly. Bump will be born knowing the words to the Jimmer Jammer song!

That is so funny :D I'm just imagining you running around after the 2 year old whilst the jelly flood music is playing :D:D

I actually had a [very intellectual ;)] debate with a friend the other week over which bed time song was better, Jimmer Jammers or Land of Dreams, I went with Jimmer Jammers, she went with the other and we got really into it! It used to be who was our favourite member of Take That, Robbie or Gary :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

35 weeks today :D
    I'm swinging between really impatient and can't wait for baby to arrive, and thinking that the time has gone too fast and hoping i get a few extra days past my due date!
    Am so tired and warm though, can't wait to finish in work and get a bit of a rest!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭crazyginlady

Due on saturday , trying to be patient but I'm bloody not !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

16 weeks today yay! feeling lots of little bubbly movements :D:D:D

Hope you are all enjoying this great weather!

x

Good luck with everything crazyginlady!

Wow liliq, 5 weeks till dd :eek: it will fly around. 32 weeks tomorrow and definitely impatient to meet baby now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Ah, fingers crossed baby doenst keep you waiting too long!! :)
    KayTee wrote: »
    Good luck with everything crazyginlady!

Wow liliq, 5 weeks till dd :eek: it will fly around. 32 weeks tomorrow and definitely impatient to meet baby now :-)

Eep, I know! Cant believe how quickly it's all gone!! The weeks are really flying- hope it keeps up like this til I finish up in work at least!
    Only 8 weeks for you as well- we could end up going pretty close together!!!

I remember that feeling. .. come saturday you're going to get lots of texts along the lines of .. any movement yet?? any babies yet?? etc. etc. I went 13 days over last year and every day sometimes twice i would get this from one of my brothers in particular..the joker
    This time my due date is 28th of sept and i've told most people that i'm due in early october... i've learned my lesson :D;)

I remember that feeling. .. come saturday you're going to get lots of texts along the lines of .. any movement yet?? any babies yet?? etc. etc. I went 13 days over last year and every day sometimes twice i would get this from one of my brothers in particular..the joker
    This time my due date is 28th of sept and i've told most people that i'm due in early october... i've learned my lesson :D;)
    I wish I had done that ! im getting so many messages . My favofrites are "how is baby" and "wheres the baby ? " .. grrr I assume that baby is fine just comfy and as far as I know its exacty where I put it last :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I wish I had done that ! im getting so many messages . My favofrites are "how is baby" and "wheres the baby ? " .. grrr I assume that baby is fine just comfy and as far as I know its exacty where I put it last :rolleyes:

I had to laugh...... :D

smccarrick , I may be a little grumpy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Oh best of luck crazyginlady (love the username!).

Well I just got my blood test results back and I'm not immune to Rubella, crap! I'll have to be careful for the next while (still in my 1st trimester when rubella is the most damaging).

Strangely enough I'm immune to toxicoplasmosis...I mustn't have been as hygeinic as I thought with our pet cats when I was a kid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Strangely enough I'm immune to toxicoplasmosis...I mustn't have been as hygeinic as I thought with our pet cats when I was a kid!

It's funny, I read a stat that over 90% of women in Paris have immunity, but less than 30% in New York do. Maybe it's more to do with us European types eating lots of smelly cheeses and pâté and stuff rather the cat thing - we didn't have cats when I was young but I'm still immune. We did eat lots of unpasteurised food though, and best before dates have always been a general guideline rather than a rule for us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

Oh best of luck crazyginlady (love the username!).

Well I just got my blood test results back and I'm not immune to Rubella, crap! I'll have to be careful for the next while (still in my 1st trimester when rubella is the most damaging).

is it standard to get tested for these? i had my pregnancy bloods done but duno what they included. no one mentioned any of the above to me!!

Advertisement