Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Laptops Deals Thread [*Updated Daily*]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Need to buy laptop, anyone have a code? buying an Inspiron....:D

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Dell used to always do a clearance at the end of their quarters. Now, I don't know when the end of quarters are and I'm eyeing up an Ultrabook. A good discount on top of a sale would be great. Pass them on if you have them folks.

End of quarter are end of each of these months: March, June, September, December

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Big Nelly wrote: »
    End of quarter are end of each of these months: March, June, September, December

I'll wait around till just before Christmas so and keep an eye out. I can get a staff discount from a relative If I can't get a discount here. I'd prefer a discount code, annoying to get family involved. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Wrong, Dell's financial year starts in Februray and they have 13 week quarters, their quarter ends are Jan, April, July and October.

Clareman wrote: »
    Wrong, Dell's financial year starts in Februray and they have 13 week quarters, their quarter ends are Jan, April, July and October.

There is always one awkward company:D

• Advertisement

Hey guys, anyway buying a laptop, any vouchers?

There is always one awkward company:D

I remember working in Manufacturing and the place was bedlam around end of Quarter trying to get units out the back door. I remember in the Laptop factory(I worked as a sub contractor in all the factories) they shipped some laptops off to South Africa in a hurry and 650 of them came back with the wrong power supply in them. :eek:

Quantity over Quality really.

I remember ordering one when I worked there and it drove passed my house in the truck from Limerick to Dublin and then came back 3 days later. Silly way to do it. Somebody in the UK would receive their laptop at the same time as me and I could see the factory from my upstairs windows. :confused:

But it has been so long I forgot about when the Quarters started and ended. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

This is probably a very stupid question, but can anybody buy a "Business" laptop, or just actual business representatives? I ask only because the "Business" version of the Inspiron 15R SE has far better specs at the same price as the "Consumer" version.....It has a better video card and processor, though the HDD is 250GB smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

Occono wrote: »
    This is probably a very stupid question, but can anybody buy a "Business" laptop, or just actual business representatives? I ask only because the "Business" version of the Inspiron 15R SE has far better specs at the same price as the "Consumer" version.....It has a better video card and processor, though the HDD is 250GB smaller.

Not sure but are you certain it's cheaper (bearing in mind the Home section prices are inclusive of VAT and the Business section is exclusive of VAT)

fletch wrote: »
    Not sure but are you certain it's cheaper (bearing in mind the Home section prices are inclusive of VAT and the Business section is exclusive of VAT)

Ah, that's what I was missing. :P /dunce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Any valid codes on the go?

Any valid codes on the go?

I'm buying a system this week and was told from inside Dell NOT to buy until after Midnight Wednesday because they need to align themselves with Thanksgiving Prices/Black Friday Prices because they're selling feck all right now.

Also you will notice all prices are only valid till close of business tomorrow. All discount codes online are only valid till tomorrow night as well.

Best wait on.

I'm buying a system this week and was told from inside Dell NOT to buy until after Midnight Wednesday because they need to align themselves with Thanksgiving Prices/Black Friday Prices because they're selling feck all right now.

Also you will notice all prices are only valid till close of business tomorrow. All discount codes online are only valid till tomorrow night as well.

Best wait on.
    Thanks will wait a couple of days so

Thanks will wait a couple of days so

BTW If the prices don't come down or somehow go up, don't blame me. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Saw one for 10% off on here - it expires today. http://www.moneyguideireland.com/discount-alerts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Dell post codes on their own website too. Business side of things but depending on what you are after it can be good. Especially when there is one for the clearance section which shows up every now and then.
    http://www.dell.com/ie/business/p/d/campaigns/voucher-and-discount-coupons-smb-ie

Ogham wrote: »
    Saw one for 10% off on here - it expires today. http://www.moneyguideireland.com/discount-alerts
    Cheers for that. Went ahead and ordered just in case another one doesn't pop up. €371 instead of €409. Was just looking for a basic machine for a friend of the family so worked out well.

Dell have released a new shopping cart today which has caused numerous problems DON'T buy anything today.

It is charging shipping when shipping is free and in some cases charging VAT on top of VAT.

Vouchers are also mostly not being accepted, mine certainly isn't here or in the UK.(Trying to use Parcel Motel).

Also, new pricing is going live on the website at 2am tomorrow morning(when site refreshes each night) so look again tomorrow and hopefully the VAT and Shipping thing is sorted.

I'm buying a new system tomorrow so I have been given a number for Irish Sales who I didn't know even existed. :o

Dell has fixed the issues and the Black Friday deals are live on their website. They are not bad. You can get an Ultrabook with an i3 Processor running on Windows 7 for €479 incl shipping, saving €130. You can also get an i5 processor with the same set up for €549.

When you go to Dell.ie you get the landing page and click on the Black Friday Link(RED) but you can also go to Home, Laptop deals and then click on Windows 7 Clearance to find them.

Go on the Chat thing or ring them and you can get further discounts by haggling.

Dell has fixed the issues and the Black Friday deals are live on their website. They are not bad. You can get an Ultrabook with an i3 Processor running on Windows 7 for €479 incl shipping, saving €130. You can also get an i5 processor with the same set up for €549.

When you go to Dell.ie you get the landing page and click on the Black Friday Link(RED) but you can also go to Home, Laptop deals and then click on Windows 7 Clearance to find them.

Go on the Chat thing or ring them and you can get further discounts by haggling.
    Nice price for that. Have the ZPS 14Z myself. The Inspiron 15 I got 2 days ago for a friend of the family is down €30 to €379 although I got it for €370 with the 10% code. I'd presume they won't be running codes also with these reductions although fatcheese could be used to get 3% off.

• Advertisement

Nice price for that. Have the ZPS 14Z myself. The Inspiron 15 I got 2 days ago for a friend of the family is down €30 to €379 although I got it for €370 with the 10% code. I'd presume they won't be running codes also with these reductions although fatcheese could be used to get 3% off.

The 12% off code here works:

http://www.5hop5.ie/discounts/Dell-ie-Ireland

Occono wrote: »
    Tried it on the Inspiron 15 and it says: The following coupons have been entered but require additional information or do not meet eligibility requirements. Click "View Details" link(s) for more information.

Works on the rest of them though making them serious bargains.

Tried it on the Inspiron 15 and it says: The following coupons have been entered but require additional information or do not meet eligibility requirements. Click "View Details" link(s) for more information.

Works on the rest of them though making them serious bargains.

Oh, I only tried it on the 15R SE.

Also noticed the 14Z comes with Office for students in the price. Not going to find a better deal on a laptop for €430 anywhere. I should have waited. Just glad it wasn't for me although it probably would have been wasted on who I was looking them up for.

Yep, good deal alright. I waited till today to see if the one I wanted was reduced. It wasn't.............sort of. I bought an i5 but the i3 without dedicated graphics and in silver only(14z) was on special with Win 7 saving me about €140 but I wanted the i5 and red cover and seeing as I had 15% off discount anyway I just went ahead with the i5 14z with Win 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭gerbo

Discount codes not working for me. Any ideas?

gerbo wrote: »
    Discount codes not working for me. Any ideas?

I just tried my voucher I have and it worked just that second(The other voucher I used this morning to buy a 14z worked as well). No suggestions for you at all other than Call Dell Sales and haggle them over it.

Ah nuts, the discount code doesn't seem to be working on the 15R SE anymore. I had to go to class and stuff, I didn't want to fuss about with it just yet. Nuts.

I don't like rushing to buy expensive laptops online in the morning. :/

I suppose they might not have honored it anyway? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Buyingcar2012

Where do you put in the voucher code? Cant seem to find it - would like to get the 14z.

• Advertisement

Where do you put in the voucher code? Cant seem to find it - would like to get the 14z.

Where it says - Enter Coupon Number

Dell-2.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement