Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭maidhc

junkyard wrote:
    I've got a 750iL in for repairs today, dark blue on U.K. plates. Is it the same car? I'll get photos tomorrow if I think of it.

This was dark blue, and on UK plates. Must be the same car, they aren't exactly common.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

steve06 wrote:
    195 my arse, it would lift off the ground driving over 60 - have you ever driven one, they're so sh1t. going around a roundabout you take your life into your hands.....
    I'm guessing he will have modded the suspension after throwing that much money at the engine. Cinqs modded and set up properly handle incredibly well apparently. If lads can put 220bhp through the front wheels of a Mini, I dont see why they cant with a Cinq :)

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Two more pics of the 300c Taxi :

dsc007228ug.jpg

dsc007217we.jpg

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

TBH , I dont think the Chrysler 300 CRD is really all that special , yes when you see the first one there is a certain WOW factor , but now there are lots knocking around and although they are big on the outside , inside they are not great ( Very American) ..

Plus there are a lot of other Taxi's out there worth just as much if not more ..

Now , Where's that Bentley ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

Does anyone know if this Diablo is Northern registered? It's got a GB sticker on it but they look like Northern plates?

bt00036449413wg.jpg
    bt00036449403bg.jpg

Sorry for interrupting the thread, I didn't know where else to post this question:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

They're nothern plates alright. Is that photo taken in the middle pier in Puerto Banus?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

junkyard wrote:
    They're nothern plates alright. Is that photo taken in the middle pier in Puerto Banus?

Although a lot of English cars have NI plates, as they don't date.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,223 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

maidhc wrote:
    An upgrade for Unkel, perhaps?

:D

There ain't no itch yet even after 2.5 years. First time for me! Can't see the point in getting another E38, not even a V12 and the E65 is only starting to tickle my fancy and it is way out of budget for a good while yet. The only other contender that made it to the short list is the superbly styled W220. Classic great MB looks. Have never actually driven one yet and the ones I was a passenger in had quality issues. Silly little things like broken handles, mirrors, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

My Father In law used to own a MERC S600 V12. Have to say it was a mighty thing to be driven in....only thing was he drove 40 miles a day and it cost him €200 a week in juice. The rear tyres cost €600 and he replaced them twice in the 18 months he kept the car. During the floods in 2002 he tried driving through a big puddle and the on board computer went belly up...he had to get it towed and it cost a pretty penney to be fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭esskay

Spotted this sitting on a street in Bangkok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Was happy to see this pull into my drive way today :D My sisters mate unexpectantly pulled in. IF only I knew she had an E55 AMG i'd of gone in a spin :(

image9758md.th.jpg

image9760fk.th.jpg

image9774hw.th.jpg

I think the blurs show how fast it is ;)

Have a short video clip of it pulling off too, Unfortunetly due to techincal issues with my camera :mad: :( :mad: I only got a short one and its terrible. Ill see can I get a spin in it 1 day soon. That thing can pull nice wheel spins too, Jeez, Pulling out of my driveway wheelspinning. :rolleyes:

EDIT : Video : http://homepage.ntlworld.ie/patrick.coakley/08072006.3gp Ignore the squeel at the end, stood on the dogs paw ;)

Hj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Saw a white Lotus Esprit on the Old Bawn Road in Tallaght on Friday morning. It had Irish plates, but didn't catch the year of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Nice report HungryJoey, it's a beast of a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

qz wrote:
    Nice report HungryJoey, it's a beast of a car.

God man it is. I'm still quite angry I couldnt get any video to work when he was showing the acceleration. The roar ! :( Oh well, another time.

Hj

maserati15sz.jpg

maserati28tp.jpg

xk2gm.jpg

xk15xr.jpg

xk25yu.jpg

xk39ah.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

HungryJoey wrote:
    Was happy to see this pull into my drive way today :D My sisters mate unexpectantly pulled in. IF only I knew she had an E55 AMG i'd of gone in a spin :(

image9758md.th.jpg

image9760fk.th.jpg

image9774hw.th.jpg

I think the blurs show how fast it is ;)

Have a short video clip of it pulling off too, Unfortunetly due to techincal issues with my camera :mad: :( :mad: I only got a short one and its terrible. Ill see can I get a spin in it 1 day soon. That thing can pull nice wheel spins too, Jeez, Pulling out of my driveway wheelspinning. :rolleyes:

EDIT : Video : http://homepage.ntlworld.ie/patrick.coakley/08072006.3gp Ignore the squeel at the end, stood on the dogs paw ;)

Hj

Id way prefer a ferarri they are way better. Only joking, nice car

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Was in work last week, just down the road from the Stenna Line terminal in Dublin Port, and I hear this car coming down. Went outside to look, and it wa a Vauxhaull Monaro in red. The noise off it was beautiful. Didn't get a chance to get pictures.

</story>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

bennyx_o wrote:
    Was in work last week, just down the road from the Stenna Line terminal in Dublin Port, and I hear this car coming down. Went outside to look, and it wa a Vauxhaull Monaro in red. The noise off it was beautiful. Didn't get a chance to get pictures.

</story>

Yeah I saw it on the Quays - beast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Purple M6, Blue M5 on M-Way near Swords about 1030 this morning. Countless Bentley GT's in Manchester over the weekend (yawn), didn't have time to get my phone out for the DB9 that was obliterating the outside lane on the way to the airport last night.

DB7 Volante on M50 last week

There's a nice TVR Tuscan in a car park below me, I'll try get a pic later on, NI reg.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

recently:

Shelby Cobra beside me at Daytona Beach. Twas night and I couldn't get a decent picture.

****ing mint...and what a sound! :D

Aston Martin DB9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

kaimera wrote:
    recently:

Shelby Cobra beside me at Daytona Beach. Twas night and I couldn't get a decent picture.

****ing mint...and what a sound! :D

Aston Martin DB9.

was it a Shelby or an AC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

was it a Shelby or an AC.

I saw a white AC Cobra in Puerto Banus last summer...wasn't really impressed by it. It didn't stand out at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

There's a nice M3 CS in cavan, i posted pic before of it.
    It's the one with a spoiler :eek: dark blue, maybe you remember it?
    See it around a good bit, he live down the road in some of the estates i heard?

I've nothing against modifying car, once its done right, a spoiler on a M3 i can forgive him for that BUT putting a CSL badge on the car is just a joke :mad: And its not even a CSL badge like in the pic below
    CSL_Badge_DSC_0027.jpg
    it's just 3 letters on the left side of the trunk :eek:

Couldnt believe he'd do that to a car that prob cost him the guts of 100k but at least he's not afrraid to drive it hard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

187466852_7e4baa7fe3_o.jpg

187466853_b8c3658e33_o.jpg

Aston Martin Vanquish in Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

AJ! wrote:
    Does anyone know if this Diablo is Northern registered? It's got a GB sticker on it but they look like Northern plates?

bt00036449413wg.jpg
    bt00036449403bg.jpg

Sorry for interrupting the thread, I didn't know where else to post this question:)

Ooohhhh Daiblo SV - didn't see that when I was there a few weeks ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Peter C

Seen that 02 Vanquish in Barna on Monday as well as a 05 X5 4.8is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭spooner_src

Currently in Atlanta, Georgia. Too many cars to mention but was parked beside this Bently last night. Funny thing in the backseat was a babyseat...didnt get a pic of it. Also saw a Convertable Chrysler 300C...totally pimped out...took a pic but I was a bit far away from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Anyone else think Bentleys are too popular these days? for this thread I never post them because lets face it, a walk around fitzwilliam sq/merrion sq or a stroll by ashtons in clonskeagh and you'll see enough to last you a year!

• Advertisement

Yup, think I counted 7 on Shrewsbury Road once.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement