Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

So I was out for a walk last night and I saw Jim Rock's 360 as I do all the time...
    0012jz.jpg

Then beside it there was a Continental GT
    0028sf.jpg
    0033hp.jpg

A guy in work saw a Grey F430 in town yesterday covered in Gumball stickers. I don't think it was Michael Cullens car and the only Gumball Ferrari I've found on Irish plates is this 360....
    40.jpg

Did anyone else see the F430?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Who's Jim Rock ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭smarty

MercMad wrote:
    Who's Jim Rock ?

I think he is a boxer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

MercMad wrote:
    Who's Jim Rock ?

Purveyor of automobiles?
    http://www.jimrockmotors.ie/

(has a silver 360 for sale...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭smarty

The registration is JIM KO, so I thought it was the boxer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Kermitt wrote:
    Damn my car kit!! A 04 KE reg'd red ferrari 575m drove past me in Clane on my way to work this morning - guy mid 50's at the helm. Couldn't get my phone out to take a pic.

That'll be 'Mr.Leixlip'! Paddy Hannigan. Owner of the Loft, Ozone nightclub & the Springfield hotel amongst many others in and around Leixlip and further afield.
    He had a lovely F355 Berlinetta previous to the 575m

smarty wrote:
    The registration is JIM KO, so I thought it was the boxer!

It is the boxer, he has a car dealership too. he's had those plates for years, had them on his last Ferrari too.

steve06 wrote:
    It is the boxer, he has a car dealership too. he's had those plates for years, had them on his last Ferrari too.

I may be right off the mark here, but If I'm correct in assuming the text "JIM KO" of the plates is made up of J1 MKO, then that would make it a UK registration? So how come he's allowed that here and not had to re-register his car(s) in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭flanzer

el tel wrote:
    I may be right off the mark here, but If I'm correct in assuming the text "JIM KO" of the plates is made up of J1 MKO, then that would make it a UK registration? So how come he's allowed that here and not had to re-register his car(s) in Ireland?

He probably has a house in the UK, hence he can have that reg and be free to drive where ever he wants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Saw this yesterday in the Four Seasons. What kind of Aston is it? There was also a black CLS 55.

am13wl.jpg

am25vc.jpg

el tel wrote:

I've thought of that myself, he lives in Greystones and that car is always in either his ggarage or his house, so I don't know how he's keeping the plate...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

steve06 wrote:
    I've thought of that myself, he lives in Greystones and that car is always in either his ggarage or his house, so I don't know how he's keeping the plate...
    Car can be regged and insured wherever ya want in europe under the eu legislation.

Car can be regged and insured wherever ya want in europe under the eu legislation.

Still have to pay VRT and get the car Irish registered when it's kept here.

qz wrote:
    Saw this yesterday in the Four Seasons. What kind of Aston is it? There was also a black CLS 55.

am13wl.jpg

am25vc.jpg

Looks like a Virage Volante.

Can-of-worms.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jesus Hagar! think of the dial-ups!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Sorry, I was busy thinking about the children...:o

Previous post edited to suit dial-up users. Again sorry about that.

steve06 wrote:
    Still have to pay VRT and get the car Irish registered when it's kept here.
    Not if u can claim its not kept here ;) A many many people with expensive cars tend to do in reland!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

Today's harvest:

Vauxhall VX220 on a Northern Reg (not an exotic but not that common either)

06 Bentley Contintental GT (ho hum)

04 Merc SL 55 AMG

03 Maserati

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

As far as I know, driving on foreign plates is a privilege extended to visiting foreigners only. This is only allowed for brief periods of time. Cars on foreign plates can be seized by customs if the person is living or works here. This was demonstrated by the seizure of lots of expensive cars here recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Okay this wasn't taken in Ireland, but its still a pretty impressive car.

631938113107_0_ALB.jpg

According to the SIMI it has a list price of €305k :eek:

Edit: Just having a look around the net about it and found this

"The heart of the new beast is a 6.0-liter intercooled twin-turbo V12, hand-built — and even autographed — by an AMG craftsman whose hands, from start to finish, are the only ones to touch it. If the builder calls in sick, his engine sits covered like an unfinished sculpture waiting for the artist's return."

Wow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

Not if u can claim its not kept here ;) A many many people with expensive cars tend to do in reland!

As Leona Helmsley put it: "Only the little people pay taxes."

Ernie Ball wrote:
    As Leona Helmsley put it: "Only the little people pay taxes."
    QFT ;)

Saw a GT2 yesterday. Irish reg. I think. (slightly tipsy, but definatley a GT2!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Here are a couple of cars I came across lately, sorry for the picture quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭babypink

saw this yesterday evening.....never thought i'd see one in ireland

i've linked the pics offsite as i left them purposely large..~300k each....the best my camera phone can muster

http://ahernjp.net/ttimg/boards/gt401.jpg
    http://ahernjp.net/ttimg/boards/gt402.jpg
    http://ahernjp.net/ttimg/boards/gt403.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

junkyard wrote:
    Here are a couple of cars I came across lately, sorry for the picture quality.

Z1's are popping up all over the place it seems

• Advertisement

Nice pics! Nice bit of parking too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement