Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

bobmeaney wrote:
    Was in London back in July and if only I had my camera on me... was having dinner in TGI Fridays Leicester square and what rolls past the window, only a Bugatti Veyron, liveried in Green and white. The guy (or gal) even stopped for a minute to allow the passers bye to snap some shots. Bastid!
    that sounds like a terrible combo, there was a nice all-red veyron in london a few monthhs ago. belonged to a young arab lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

BFassassin wrote:
    Then a nice looking Land Rover Discovery
    P1000410.jpg
    That was at the navan nitro nuts track, that is nice. Is that a kahn project?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Saw a blue Audi A5 on German plates parked outside Time nightclub in Naas on Friday night. Looked beautiful - had a good gawk. Of course, I had forgotten my phone :mad: so couldn't take a pic!

I was in Naas on Friday and an A5 and S8 drove through the town in convoy. The A5 was blue and the S8 was red, and both had graphics that looked like a chequered flag covering the rear 1/3rd of the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Mondeo ST
    mondeostmv8.jpg

Vantage
    vantagesc5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭MarkN

prospect wrote:
    I was in Naas on Friday and an A5 and S8 drove through the town in convoy. The A5 was blue and the S8 was red, and both had graphics that looked like a chequered flag covering the rear 1/3rd of the car.

They were on the way to the Audi Driving Experience in Mondello.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

dsc01912ef3.jpg

dsc01925fj8.jpg

dsc01926vz6.jpg

dsc01921ww1.jpg

dsc01927mg4.jpg

dsc01929yj4.jpg

dsc01928nq3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭richie_rvf

GT3.JPG

coming out of the port tunnel the other day

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Spotted him again today , He did not have his roof sign up but the tell tale yellow licence plate is clearly visible on back window .

DSC01304.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Is it actually illegal to have yellow on the back? (say if the font was ok etc)

If its an EU plate I'd say its ok, the GB ones are EU plates and yellow. All this is way off topic but seeing as you are so quick to correct without any bloody proof....

It's not an EU issue - we have our own laws here in Ireland as to what Irish plates must look like (colouring, font, spacing, county name requirements, etc.) and black on yellow plates are illegal for cars registered in this state.

Yes, the UK use blank on yellow rear plates, the French do likewise, other states use coloured plate seals, annual validation tabs, coat-of-arms, etc. but in all cases, it is according to their own national laws.

The only "coloured" plates that Irish law permits are the white/green trade plates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Love the rims on these babies. ****ty camera phone pic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭flanzer

sharkman wrote:
    Spotted him again today , He did not have his roof sign up but the tell tale yellow licence plate is clearly visible on back window .

Are you sure that's not a 300c with an aftermarket Bently rear end?!!!!!! ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,313 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Imagine the lineage of the bus. :)

Apologies for the lighting - the car isn't 3 different colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,313 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Truck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

richie_rvf wrote:
    GT3.JPG

coming out of the port tunnel the other day
    was it irish reg? looks great! nice pic!

Victor come on now-some may find the fiat worthy but the rest is just complete crap

tdc wrote:

Victor come on now-some may find the fiat worthy but the rest is just complete crap

The kind of crap you don't see every day. I appreciate the fact that they're extremely crap, but also rarer than a lot of exotics.

Thanks for the pics Victor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

qz wrote:
    The kind of crap you don't see every day. I appreciate the fact that they're extremely crap, but also rarer than a lot of exotics.

Thanks for the pics Victor.

I agree.

Glad to see you Victor, ignore some people's attitudes on here.

That Porsche GT3 is .. phwar!, richie_rvf

Hj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Nothing wrong with Victor's pics, more interesting then some more expensive cars.

tdc wrote:

I was on temporary German plates as he had just imported it - it turns out I know him!

Stunning car,

Richie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

richie_rvf wrote:
    I was on temporary German plates as he had just imported it - it turns out I know him!

Stunning car,

Richie.

Know him well enough that he'll give ya a wee spin in it?? :D
    Savage car :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

jrar wrote:
    It's not an EU issue - we have our own laws here in Ireland as to what Irish plates must look like (colouring, font, spacing, county name requirements, etc.) and black on yellow plates are illegal for cars registered in this state.

Yes, the UK use blank on yellow rear plates, the French do likewise, other states use coloured plate seals, annual validation tabs, coat-of-arms, etc. but in all cases, it is according to their own national laws.

The only "coloured" plates that Irish law permits are the white/green trade plates.

"We have our laws here in Ireland" (really? cheers for that lol)

Anyway for anyone interested heres the statute http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1990/en/si/0287.html

It says must be black on white point 10 (i stand correctd) - does'nt indicate any particular font though only size of font.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

In Limerick last night, without my camera phone, a brand spanking new Bentley Arnage - 07 LK 2

Any idea who owns it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Are these rare ?? :D

Punto_GTI.jpg

ZEN

Curran wrote:
    Know him well enough that he'll give ya a wee spin in it?? :D
    Savage car :cool:

Well, that would be nice - I know how hard it is to let someone have a drive in my car so I can only imagine how he would feel about letting me drive his new toy!

415bhp
    0-100kmph 4.3
    0-160kmph 8.7

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

ZENER wrote:
    Are these rare ?? :D

Punto_GTI.jpg

ZEN

Rare? they're not even real.... badge is taken off a golf or something

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

You sure ? I was sure I'd found something unique - I mean the Punto is a decent motor after after all, makes sense to have a GTI version . . . no ? I'm just amazed the 'L' drive managed to get insured in a GTI !

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

sharkman wrote:

DSC01304.jpg
    Is that pic taken on the R127 near Carriage House?

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

It is indeed Wishbone !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭2stageturbo

ZENER wrote:
    You sure ? I was sure I'd found something unique - I mean the Punto is a decent motor after after all

Punto-decent?:D :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement