Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mackerf

I had been planning to sit Company, Property, Contract and Equity, does anyone particularly advise against this combination? The fact that the first three are on successive days doesn't really appeal! Have started Company and Equity already so unlikely to switch either of these two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

mackerf wrote: »
    I had been planning to sit Company, Property, Contract and Equity, does anyone particularly advise against this combination? The fact that the first three are on successive days doesn't really appeal! Have started Company and Equity already so unlikely to switch either of these two.

Don't worry, if you have started studying for those subjects and are going well then keep it up. You are doing 3 out of what most people advise to do, Criminal is the only one you took out but that's only advised due to the syllabus not being so large, and the topics can be relatively straightforward too.

Some of the posts on here can be scary, they can be really helpful too, but....scary! Don't let people scare you, just because a lot will advise on certain subjects doesn't mean that they will fit for you. I'm sure most people on here will hate the sight of Constitutional or EU law, however there is an odd few that will like it and excel in it, so such advise on subject choices is not for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cfonz

Thanks a million, that really helps!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Ned_led16

Thanks Chops appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Anyone have the latest company law exam grid???
    Can swap sample answers for company, constitutional or equity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭sorchauna

I'm sitting company, property, contract and criminal aswell so I've exams the wednesday through to Friday aswell plus the Monday but I 'm hoping once well prepared the successive days won't be so bad. After all you can't learn a whole lot in a day or two break so you'll be fine doing the three successive days like me. I have the course revised and my notes done for it and I found company the hardest but it's a subject I liked in college. Just for property and contract you cannot drop much as all from the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MaggieLizer

I'm planning on sitting Constitution, EU, Criminal and Equity in October. Not sure if it's the correct decision to go with Constitutional law and EU law being among the first set of exams going by what's said in a few posts, are they really tricky/tough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Farcear wrote: »
    The Labour Court's wage setting mechanism was held unconstitutional on this ground last year:

http://www.courts.ie/judgments.nsf/6681dee4565ecf2c80256e7e0052005b/86974e2b607ca37e802578e8004b4d2d?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,chicken

Thanks Farcear - I should have asked earlier but is this under appleal do you know? How would I find that out without asking here? /embarrassed look.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

I'm planning on sitting Constitution, EU, Criminal and Equity in October. Not sure if it's the correct decision to go with Constitutional law and EU law being among the first set of exams going by what's said in a few posts, are they really tricky/tough?

I think EU law is one of the most manageable, predictable and nicely marked FE1 exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭DeSourire

Hi,

Is anyone interested in swapping past exam sample answers (and/or past exam papers) in equity/criminal.

I have Constitutional/Contract/Company/EU/Property.

I know there is an alternative thread for selling manuals etc but I thought this one was more suitable.

I'm finding it so difficult to get stuck in because it seems so far away but I know I really need to get down to work. Constitutional is freaking me out at the moment. Ugh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 mackerf

Great, thanks for the advice! Are there any individual threads for the 8 different subjects?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Its different for everyone but EU and Constitutional are both far longer than any of the others and many people struggle with at least one of them. I wouldn't fancy taking them on together as part of my first four but as I said everyone is different, so long as you are playing to your own strengths you'll be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 filosoraptor

Hi, Anybody out there have the most recent Property paper & sample answers. Am able to provide SA's for anything else in return. PM me if interested.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cfonz

Is there much of a difference between the manuals from Griffith, Independent Colleges and City Colleges and which would be the best ones to buy?

Great, thanks for the advice! Are there any individual threads for the 8 different subjects?[/QUOTE

Not as yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭doing

Constitutional and EU are absolutely massive. About 5 times as much stuff to learn as criminal to put it in perspective. They've high failure rates judging by people's posts in this thread after exams. If you haven't got your first 3 yet then not a good idea to take EU and Constitutional as 2 of your 4. Just my opinion though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Northern Child

doing wrote: »
    Constitutional and EU are absolutely massive. About 5 times as much stuff to learn as criminal to put it in perspective. They've high failure rates judging by people's posts in this thread after exams. If you haven't got your first 3 yet then not a good idea to take EU and Constitutional as 2 of your 4. Just my opinion though.

I am sitting eu constitutional contract and company in this sitting.

There is more in con law for sure but I don't know how that translates for marks, at present eu is big but looking at the pastpapers perhaps slightly better that constitutional? so i might side before eu.

is anyone doing company and if so what topics are you concentrating on? thanks

Could one safely assume that the defence of Mistake and Insanity would not appear, or if they did appear then only on a small scale, on the next sitting seeing as they were the main defences that appeared in March?

chops018 wrote: »
    Could one safely assume that the defence of Mistake and Insanity would not appear, or if they did only appear on a small scale, the next sitting seeing as they were the main defences that appeared in March?

Assume nothing, the Criminal course is one of the shortest and there is almost no "filler" or obsolete material in it. the result is that the examiner has less to choose from so nearly everything is fair game for every paper. they may be less likely to appear but I wouldn't exclude them fully.

Assume nothing, the Criminal course is one of the shortest and there is almost no "filler" or obsolete material in it. the result is that the examiner has less to choose from so nearly everything is fair game for every paper. they may be less likely to appear but I wouldn't exclude them fully.

I've gone over them already but not to a full extent or to a way in that I'd be happy with going into an exam. I'll give them a better consideration now, thanks.

• Advertisement

I am sitting eu constitutional contract and company in this sitting.

There is more in con law for sure but I don't know how that translates for marks, at present eu is big but looking at the pastpapers perhaps slightly better that constitutional? so i might side before eu.

is anyone doing company and if so what topics are you concentrating on? thanks

I'm doing company and I did notes on everything but membership & shareholders, shares and the transfer and transmission of shares. However as I have started to learn off company this week, I may need to cut out more as its very time consuming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Northern Child

sorchauna wrote: »
    I'm doing company and I did notes on everything but membership & shareholders, shares and the transfer and transmission of shares. However as I have started to learn off company this week, I may need to cut out more as its very time consuming!

there is alot, i think i need to cut more out as il never be able to recall all this, have not started to learn yet but would need to start soon

main topics
    1) directors- all topics
    2)ultra vires
    3) separate legal personality
    4) borrowings of the company
    5) transfer of shares and shareholder meetings

cant really decide which of the manual to leave out but i know from previous experience its not good to cover all of the course and do it too fine!

Are you going to leave out Shares and Transfer of shares? its a major topic, I'd be sure to cover it well if I were you!

Are you going to leave out Shares and Transfer of shares? its a major topic, I'd be sure to cover it well if I were you!

Yeah I'm going to leave them out and the only shareholder topic I'm doing is protection. But out of 20 chapters in my Independent colleges manual I have 17 chaperts covered so hoping I'll be fine. I have noticed the transfer and transmission of shares has come up I think the last three times but since it was never any area I had touched at company law in degree was quicker for me to cover more of the other course instead of doing that from the start.

Yeah I'm going to leave them out and the only shareholder topic I'm doing is protection. But out of 20 chapters in my Independent colleges manual I have 17 chaperts covered so hoping I'll be fine. I have noticed the transfer and transmission of shares has come up I think the last three times but since it was never any area I had touched at company law in degree was quicker for me to cover more of the other course instead of doing that from the start.

Fair enough its your call but what I would take from that is that Share transfer and transmission comes up almost every paper. That means that if learn it well you have a very good chance that your work will be rewarded with a question you can answer.

If you don't do it and it comes up as is likely you now only have 7 questions to choose 5 from.

Fair enough its your call but what I would take from that is that Share transfer and transmission comes up almost every paper. That means that if learn it well you have a very good chance that your work will be rewarded with a question you can answer.

If you don't do it and it comes up as is likely you now only have 7 questions to choose 5 from.

No I appericate the advice and will take it into consideration, thanks for letting me know!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sally208

Hi does anyone have an up-to-date exam grid for constitutional law and company law. I would be very grateful if you could pm me. I have EU, equity exam grids, they arent up-to-date but I also have property sample answers, company sample answers and eu sample answers that I can swap. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MoneyMilo

Hi, does anyone know if examiner reports from the last sitting are out?
    I'm looking for Tort and Constitutional and would be happy to exchange notes or sample answers in any subject for them. Thanks

MoneyMilo wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know if examiner reports from the last sitting are out?
    I'm looking for Tort and Constitutional and would be happy to exchange notes or sample answers in any subject for them. Thanks

There out alright! I am looking for crim/ tort/ property and company - ive grids and model answers for all of those subjects & eu if anyones interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brumbram6

HI Guys looking for most recent sample answer in constitutional and eu would be glad to exchange it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement