Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Aliens really exist ????

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Saruman wrote:
    That would be because the furthest we have got is the moon and we have not been there in decades. Aliens that have come to earth would have to be more intelligent than us. You cant travel faster than the speed of light. If they got here they understand a level of physics far beyond anything we know.

I myself do NOT believe in alien abductions (which is just normal sleep paralysis with a funky dream). I do not believe we have been visited by aliens. I do believe there is other life in the universe though.

The only conspiracy where aliens are concerned is the fact that UFO's and Aliens are convenient ways to sidetrack the general public as to what's really going on in the world. i.e. someone spots a secret military experiment, they can blame it on being a UFO and no one will take it seriously.

or just more advanced rather than intelligent, like in the way we're more advanced but none more intelligent than the egyptians or the stone age geeks who designed newgrange.

It would be very very cool if there was a government cover up, but theres no hard evidence to suggest there is. On the other hand it could be very not cool if the aliens didn't share the same social psychology as humans and intended to harvest the planet or destroy it. What would be uber cool would be if an alien space craft crash landed and we could reverse engineer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

It would be very very cool if there was a government cover up, but theres no hard evidence to suggest there is. On the other hand it could be very not cool if the aliens didn't share the same social psychology as humans and intended to harvest the planet or destroy it. What would be uber cool would be if an alien space craft crash landed and we could reverse engineer it.

I think there's enough evidence with the Roswell incident to suggest there may be some level of cover-up regarding the technology. Have you read up much on Roswell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

i'm sure there are aliens but none have ever visited, it's too far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I agree. There may be alien cover ups existant[i dont believe there are] but the OPS post included nothing to do with conspiracys.

Sidenote:Personally, I believe its ridicious NOT to believe in Aliens.All the countless Galaxys, we cant be the only world fit to contain human life, not to mention the fact there would be other orgasisms able to survive in differnt envirorments.

I am of the same opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

I remember hearing an analagy years ago about alien life forms.

They do visit earth, but the fact that the can means they are so advanced that them trying to explain it to us would be like humans trying to explain the workings of the internal combustian engine to a cockroach.

Puts it into perspective for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

I myself do believe that there is life outside this plant, wether it's ever visited Earth is debatable.

What annoys me though is when people talk about not finding anywhere that could sustain life and using this an argument against other life forms, we are looking for live through rose tinted glasses, looking for conditions that are suitable for life as we know it eg. oxygen water etc. I believe it is impossible to say yes for sure or no for sure as there could be life out there somwhere so far and distant that we will never be able to find it or understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ZOMG! The Bush admitted to aliens! Seemingly they came from a far far away place called "Mexico"...:D

=-=

I stand by my theory: our physics are for our planet only, and some of them physics have since been rewritten... so people in other planets may not need oxygen to live.

Oh, and if a butterfly, human, and a snake could be created by fluke, I don't see why the fluke hasn't happened elsewhere in the bast few billion years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

the_syco wrote: »
    ZOMG! The Bush admitted to aliens! Seemingly they came from a far far away place called "Mexico"...:D

=-=

I stand by my theory: our physics are for our planet only, and some of them physics have since been rewritten...

And will be rewritten again in time, as time goes by humans get smart and discover more and more things, only natural the longer your around something the more familar you become of it.

Should get a coppy of the Elegant Universe by Brian Greene.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elegant_Universe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

anyone else remember em finding a sulphur breathing sometng -kinda more evolved than a bacteria- livin -thrivin even- in the smoke on some of those volcanic ridges that occur in the middle of the oceans?

theres life Jim but not as we know it

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Leonitos wrote: »
    Well thats the big quesion is there life outside our own galaxy
    Well, we are one planet circling one of 200 billion stars in this galaxy.
    There are 125 billion galaxies in the universe.

What are the chances that another planet around one of those stars in one of those galaxies has life? Extremely high I'd say.

What's 125 billion times 200 billion?
    2.5 × 1022 acc to google

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

A_Fitz wrote: »
    Exactly. Why do people consistently challenge the fact that we MUST be the only intelligent life in Cosmos?
    Exactly. Go google Drake's equation, a scientifically respected argument for the existence of extra-terrestrial life.

As for the the conspiracy theries? Many abound, most firmly in the domain of the tinfoil-hat brigade.

However, check out something called 'Project Disclosure'. I was really impressed by this recently as a genuine attempt to bring in credible whistle-blowers to tell their stories. Many are ex US-Servicemen ranging in rank right up to senior Commissioned Officers.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Carl Sagan Explains the Drake Equation

To quote Monty Python:

Our galaxy itself contains a hundred billion stars.
    It's a hundred thousand light years side to side.
    It bulges in the middle, sixteen thousand light years thick,
    But out by us, it's just three thousand light years wide.
    We're thirty thousand light years from galactic central point.
    We go 'round every two hundred million years,
    And our galaxy is only one of millions of billions
    In this amazing and expanding universe.

So, basically, the universe is big. Really frickin' big. And out of those other galaxies, are we really to believe that the Earth is the one and only planet that is able to sustain life?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

we dont even know what lives in our deepest oceans how can we say theres no life out there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I would say, as im sure i have said before... there is more than likely life out there ... hell Mars looks like it once had water and possibly a rich atmosphere. There may have been life there once upon a time, maybe its orbit changed or it just got too far from the sun as i believe the planets are moving further from the sun? Mars might have been closer to our position at that time.

Are there not life forms on earth that Do not live off oxygen at all? Im sure i have heard of fungi or bacteria etc that live in pockets of Co2 or possibly other gas like methane etc... Thats possibly why Nasa are interested in sending people in to Caves on earth.

What i do NOT believe is that Aliens are visiting or that they are abducting people.
    I mean, If they come here in ships and want people to know about them, then we would know... it would not take much to give total proof... likewise if they do not want us to know, then moving slowly through the sky and flashing all kinds of flashing lights at us is not the most stealthy approach i can think of :D

all you really have to do is some digging and you will see there is defenitely something going on. All you have to do is look at the disclosure project and there are over 200 witnesses from either the Navi Nasa and the Airforce swearing an oath that they do exsist and that that have had some sort of dealing with ET's .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Eh what? disclosure project??? If i google that, i get a "non profit" organisation webpage that seems to be designed to get you to "buy" a book to explain things to you? If was able to make a crap load of money with alien stories i might make some up and write a book too.

Sorry but i would need some actual evidence other than a website wanting me to buy a book and a bunch of people "swearing an oath" they saw an Alien.
    For instance last night i watched "the best evidence of aliens ever 2" with Jonathan Frakes (poor guy). I have to say, with the exception of some big square/angular object... most of it was not only obviously fake.. but suggested it was fake on the show even.

Like the big disk by the twin towers...
    They showed Nasa video with all kinds of movement.. so much so that it looked like hundreds of flying saucers etc.. pretty much an invasion going on.. i do not recall being invaded. What amazed me was these nasa video's. like most video's were grainy and full of video artifacts... then a few mins later they showed a "normal" nasa video in full crystal clarity showing nothing but the earth, space and the outside of the ship.
    How many UFO's are dust caught with nightvision on the camcorder o wonder?

To quote Monty Python:

Our galaxy itself contains a hundred billion stars.
    It's a hundred thousand light years side to side.
    It bulges in the middle, sixteen thousand light years thick,
    But out by us, it's just three thousand light years wide.
    We're thirty thousand light years from galactic central point.
    We go 'round every two hundred million years,
    And our galaxy is only one of millions of billions
    In this amazing and expanding universe.

So, basically, the universe is big. Really frickin' big. And out of those other galaxies, are we really to believe that the Earth is the one and only planet that is able to sustain life?

..... and lets pray to God theres inteligent life somewhere out in space,

cos thers buger all down here on Earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

meglome wrote: »
    Is that a problem :D
    humanji wrote: »
    Still hankering after those female cyborg sex slaves, eh? ;);)

Good news brothers

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5414105.html

Saruman wrote: »
    Eh what? disclosure project??? If i google that, i get a "non profit" organisation webpage that seems to be designed to get you to "buy" a book to explain things to you? If was able to make a crap load of money with alien stories i might make some up and write a book too.

Sorry but i would need some actual evidence other than a website wanting me to buy a book and a bunch of people "swearing an oath" they saw an Alien.

Well if you want somthing go look for it. Dig deep enough you might find somthing. Not documentaries from Discovery channel or Fox. Look for hard evidence. Keep an open mind be skeptical, nobody is going to put an alien in your hands.

here is the full disclosure project in full. If you want evidence watch all of this ......

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1166743665260900218&q=disclosure+project&total=696&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Also look up Michael D Salla PHD , try and get his paper on the Eisenhower meeting.

then look at this , its a very good documentary, very up to date ........

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5980990221766439646&q=greatest+story+never+told&total=1395&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

There is a good start, basically there is something going on weather or not its aliens is another story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gillyfromlyre

The husband says that half the aliens spotted in America and elsewhere are actually dwarfs going to fancy dress parties or the likes.He says the chances of a bunch of little green men being able to put together a huge spaceship are really slim.
    Me, I'm open-minded, maybe there are aliens walking around, maybe there isn't, I just hope that if they are around that they are behaving themselves.

The moon is a giant observatory satellite left by an alien race named the Qaugaars. There have been many reported incidences by astronauts of strange dancing lights on the surface of the moon and flying objects, possibly maintenance bots.

Ah the dances on the Moon are sh1te, no Atmosphere :D

seriously tho folks, less of the outright Lunacy :D

Ah the dances on the Moon are sh1te, no Atmosphere :D

seriously tho folks, less of the outright Lunacy :D

You don't think there's an atmosphere on the moon?

the moon does have an atmosphere http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmosphere_of_the_Moon

My point exactly Cthulhu-fan. :)

Kernel wrote: »
    My point exactly Cthulhu-fan. :)

cool, a fellow hp lovecraft reader

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Trev M wrote: »

Thank god for that, I was getting tired of the shaved monkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

So thoughts on all this Mars malarkey today?

Found this and there is apparently 2 figures/rocks/weather ballons

• Advertisement

Conor108 wrote: »
    So thoughts on all this Mars malarkey today?

Found this and there is apparently 2 figures/rocks/weather ballons

It's an interesting picture, but to me there isn't enough evidence there to suggest life, or a life form unfortunately. :(

Advertisement