Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Aliens really exist ????

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

ants live under ground

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

life forms, whole ecosystems, have been found living around and in these things

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HHlGlWyJ34I
    so its not as preposterous as you might think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

MooseJam wrote: »
    ants live under ground

Ants live under ground on the earths surface moosejam :D we are talking about hundreds of miles below the earths surface.
    life forms, whole ecosystems, have been found living around and in these things
    These vents are still on the surface of the earth. There is oxygen etc in plenty.

The hollow earth theory seems to put forward the preposterous idea that not only are there two giant entrances at the north and south pole that aircraft, explorers and satellites have somehow missed.... but there is a sun inside the earth to give light etc? How does radiation work then? Our ozone layer protects us, otherwise we would be dead... that is held around the earth by gravity... how would that work under the surface?

Saruman wrote: »
    Ants live under ground on the earths surface moosejam :D we are talking about hundreds of miles below the earths surface.

These vents are still on the surface of the earth. There is oxygen etc in plenty.

The hollow earth theory seems to put forward the preposterous idea that not only are there two giant entrances at the north and south pole that aircraft, explorers and satellites have somehow missed.... but there is a sun inside the earth to give light etc? How does radiation work then? Our ozone layer protects us, otherwise we would be dead... that is held around the earth by gravity... how would that work under the surface?

Every one of your comments here Saruman are based on earths scientific laws.

So using the knowlage we have on earth you have said, its impossible to travel vast distences in space. If you were asked 100 years ago would it be possible to fly into space, you would say ......

"no because a plane can only fly to a certain altitude before it fell out of the sky. And if it did fly into space it would burn up on re-entry"

The hollow earth Theory is preposterous because how can anybody beath ? You do know there is no oxagin in space , yet astronaughts can breath up there :eek: Mind boggeling i know.

How does Radiation work then as we have the ozone layer to protect us ? You are thinking that the whole inside of the earth is hollowed out ?? :rolleyes:

Box+you = I cant get out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

So using the knowlage we have on earth you have said, its impossible to travel vast distences in space. If you were asked 100 years ago would it be possible to fly into space, you would say ......

"no because a plane can only fly to a certain altitude before it fell out of the sky. And if it did fly into space it would burn up on re-entry"

The hollow earth Theory is preposterous because how can anybody beath ? You do know there is no oxagin in space , yet astronaughts can breath up there :eek: Mind boggeling i know.

How does Radiation work then as we have the ozone layer to protect us ? You are thinking that the whole inside of the earth is hollowed out ?? :rolleyes:

Box+you = I cant get out.

What is your qualification in science?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

This has to be the most ridiculous argument i have heard yet. Jaysus just think about it. We can not breath in space.. we use space suits to shield us from Radiation, provide us with air to breath and pressure to prevent us from exploding :D

We can do this because we evolved on a planet where we could survive and develop the technology to venture elsewhere....

However if you are (as you seem) suggesting that if we use space suits to breath in space, surely people living in the "hollow earth" are using similar breathing mechanisms. can i ask how they survived long enough to evolve to the point they could master technology?

Saruman wrote: »
    This has to be the most ridiculous argument i have heard yet. Jaysus just think about it. We can not breath in space.. we use space suits to shield us from Radiation, provide us with air to breath and pressure to prevent us from exploding :D

My Point Exactly.. .. But in your mind its impossible to do this beneath the earth.

And how can they survive long enough to master this technology ? ?

I am banging my head off the wall here. I swear the box your living in seems to get smaller everytime you make a comment .

• Registered Users Posts: 24 monsieur bob

Exactly, but the universe is also too big to allow physical travel over these vast distances. Someone here was talking about bending space and time to overcome this, but think about that for a second. Is there anything in the natural world that exhibits these properties? Well, there are black holes. Perhaps if we could create enough energy to mimic a black hole^5 maybe we could bend space and time enough to travel like you described.

Good luck with that.

you forget that alien lifeforms are not of a natural world and could possibly have the intelligence to travel through time quite easily without the need to create black holes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

My Point Exactly.. .. But in your mind its impossible to do this beneath the earth.

And how can they survive long enough to master this technology ? ?

I am banging my head off the wall here. I swear the box your living in seems to get smaller everytime you make a comment .

I'm just staggered at the absolute absence of any attempt to understand the science of geology, and how much we already know about the Earth's core.

Diogenes wrote: »
    I'm just staggered at the absolute absence of any attempt to understand the science of geology, and how much we already know about the Earth's core.

There is no more predictable human action, then the one of denial.*

*Im not referring to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

There is no more predictable human action, then the one of denial.*

Yes, all conspiracy theorists will agree with this statement.

Kernel wrote: »
    Yes, all conspiracy theorists will agree with this statement.

It's an illusion!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

No they won't. :D ba-dum-tish, sorry, it was too obvious a joke to let go by.

humanji wrote: »
    No they won't. :D ba-dum-tish, sorry, it was too obvious a joke to let go by.

Shut up, you stupid sheeple! Can't you see the truth?!?!?!

Is there a singular to sheeple?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

humanji wrote: »
    Is there a singular to sheeple?

Sheeperson?

sheeple.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

I believe there's alot going on that we don't know about but an alien cover-up? Nah. Think about it, wouldn't it be a bit disappointing if these highly advanced aliens (which they'd have to be just to get here) made such a feeble entrance as to just crash in the middle of nowhere in Arizona. Or that they'd waste their time abducting only redneck straw munchers from hicksville tennessee. No, I'd be pretty certain no alien beings have been here, not recently anyway. And I'd be pretty certain we'll know about if they ever do come.

If aliens did ever reach Earth, we have no reason to believe that they would be benevolent. When one race with superior technology encounters another, it is always to the detriment of the less advanced.

I think it'd honestly be more like how it's described in the Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy, where it's just rish kids buying retro saucers to buzz underdeveloped planets. As Daithifleming says, why do people assume they'd be benevolent. They're probably as much jerks as the rest of us.

• Advertisement

If aliens did ever reach Earth, we have no reason to believe that they would be benevolent. When one race with superior technology encounters another, it is always to the detriment of the less advanced.

Historically that could be argued, either way the point can only refer to human races up to this point in time. Who knows what way a far more advanced race of non terrrestrials would think or act?

Historically that could be argued, either way the point can only refer to human races up to this point in time. Who knows what way a far more advanced race of non terrrestrials would think or act?

I would boil it down to genetic determinism. The Aliens would have to possess genes as well. Therefore i think it would be inevitable, any other conclusion is simply naive.

I would boil it down to genetic determinism. The Aliens would have to possess genes as well. Therefore i think it would be inevitable, any other conclusion is simply naive.

That statement would make sense if the aliens possessed the exact same genetic structure as ourselves. Only trouble is they would be humans then....
    :rolleyes:

That statement would make sense if the aliens possessed the exact same genetic structure as ourselves. Only trouble is they would be humans then....
    :rolleyes:

That's not what i said, so you can unroll those eyes. If you understood anything about evolutionary biology what i said may have made sense to you. But i couldn't be bothered explaining it you because of that smiley. Maybe if you ask nicely enough i will enlighten you.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

It's still anthropomorphism. Just because the only life we've encountered thus far has been DNA-based, doesn't mean it's the only way it could possibly exist.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    It's still anthropomorphism. Just because the only life we've encountered thus far has been DNA-based, doesn't mean it's the only way it could possibly exist.

Correct, but again this was not what i was referring to. A shiny penny to who can come up with the right answer.

That's not what i said, so you can unroll those eyes. If you understood anything about evolutionary biology what i said may have made sense to you. But i couldn't be bothered explaining it you because of that smiley. Maybe if you ask nicely enough i will enlighten you.

Enlighten me, I've read a few books on evolution, what did you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

If Alien civilisations do exist....and I'm sure somewhere out there in space there are, and they found Earth, I think if they possesed any intelligence, they would make it their primary mission to wipe us out. Like Daithi said and Stephen Hawking pointed out before, when a more technologically advance civilisation encounters an inferior one, it's always gone badly for the lesser group - look at the peoples of the America's, Africa, Australia and Asia.

CCCP^ wrote: »
    If Alien civilisations do exist....and I'm sure somewhere out there in space there are, and they found Earth, I think if they possesed any intelligence, they would make it their primary mission to wipe us out. Like Daithi said and Stephen Hawking pointed out before, when a more technologically advance civilisation encounters an inferior one, it's always gone badly for the lesser group - look at the peoples of the America's, Africa, Australia and Asia.

Really? Nice one!

• Advertisement

Enlighten me, I've read a few books on evolution, what did you mean?

Ok, i will make it interesting for you.

Mutation + ???? = Natural Selection

Advertisement