Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Aliens really exist ????

Options
  • 09-08-2007 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Well thats the big quesion is there life outside our own galaxy, or planet for that matter and if so what would an Alien really look like ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

I agree. There may be alien cover ups existant[i dont believe there are] but the OPS post included nothing to do with conspiracys.

Sidenote:Personally, I believe its ridicious NOT to believe in Aliens.All the countless Galaxys, we cant be the only world fit to contain human life, not to mention the fact there would be other orgasisms able to survive in differnt envirorments.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Ah but do the radish-headed bastards walk amongst us for some dark purpose and have the suits in the government been hushing it up?

Tbh I wouldnt believe any of that unless I saw evidence of it first hand, seems just like a desperate measure to confirm the existance of aliens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I believe there's life on other planets.

I don't believe that alien life has ever reached earth, or that there is any conspiracy at all. I don't believe anybody has ever been abducted either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭nellyshark

On a side note why do people always believe that aliens are of superior intelligence to humans, maybe we are the most advanced race of species. Just a thought like

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Well according to the Drake equation it is exceptionally likely that life exists on other planets, we have no idea if that life has any kind of intelligence tho.

For all we know we're not the most intelligent on earth, nevermind the universe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

5uspect wrote:
    Well according to the Drake equation it is exceptionally likely that life exists on other planets, we have no idea if that life has any kind of intelligence tho.

simliarily, the odds on winning the lotto are very slim too but someone has to win it...

when scientists talk about looking for ET's, they look for planets/solar systems that have similiar conditions for life like our own. afterall, we have no evidence that life can exist outside of those conditions.

Therefore the odds of finding life shrink even further. However the universe in its glory is bound to have secrets and stuff that we cant even begin to understand yet. I believe there is life out there in some form or another. As to its intelligence? Who knows.

Whether aliens or not have been here or abduct people, again its hard to tell. Some self claimed abductees are whacko's imo, but some give a good story.

I do find it easier to accept that if there was a secret US/UK gov cover up on UFOs, it would understandable if it was to protect us puny humans. As to whether there is one, i doubt it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Personally I can't see the point of such a conspiricy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Ashla

Degsy wrote:
    Ah but do the radish-headed bastards walk amongst us for some dark purpose and have the suits in the government been hushing it up?

Why do you talk so cruel?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

I agree. There may be alien cover ups existant[i dont believe there are] but the OPS post included nothing to do with conspiracys.

Sidenote:Personally, I believe its ridicious NOT to believe in Aliens.All the countless Galaxys, we cant be the only world fit to contain human life, not to mention the fact there would be other orgasisms able to survive in differnt envirorments.

Exactly. Why do people consistently challenge the fact that we MUST be the only intelligent life in Cosmos?

There is so much evidence backing up the existence of ETs, that's it's really a no-brainer to realise and accept that there are other life-forces out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Does it not bother UFO CT's that:

a) the birth of Ufo sightings strongly corresponds with the invention of the aeroplane.
    b) most happen in america, the rest in similarly developed countries
    c) the happen in remote places, and usually near an air force base

I'm just saying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

banquo wrote:

a) the birth of Ufo sightings strongly corresponds with the invention of the aeroplane.

I'm just saying...

And what of the "saucer" like objects drawn in the Pyramids that talk of Gods descending in to put it loosely "vehicles"? I'm just saying..

banquo wrote:

I'm just saying...

No disrespect to you personally, but your theory is the type usually spouted by complete sceptics, and people who don't even want people to consider that there might be life outside of this planet. And while your points have some validity, in general it's a pretty ill-informed opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Steyr wrote:
    And what of the "saucer" like objects drawn in the Pyramids that talk of Gods descending in to put it loosely "vehicles"? I'm just saying..
    Which objects? Got any links to images?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

A_Fitz wrote:
    Why do people consistently challenge the fact that we MUST be the only intelligent life in Cosmos?

Because its not a fact?
    There is so much evidence backing up the existence of ETs,
    Very little, if any, of which stands up to critical analysis.

it's really a no-brainer to realise and accept that there are other life-forces out there.
    Its a no-brainer to accept that there might/should be other life-forces out there.

Accepting that they are here as well as "out there", on the other hand....thats far from a no-brainer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Do Aliens exist? Yes.. Wasn't there fossilised bacteria found on some martian meteorite? Technically, that counts as an alien.

Is there "intelligent" life on other planets? You can be damn sure there is. X amount of planets that have sustainable living conditions must be in the millions, if not billions. Are we so naive to think we're the only life in this Galaxy, let alone Universe?

I don't think many people really dispute the fact that life exists elsewhere.. Some would argue that aliens have never visited Earth. That's up for debate.. Personally, I think they have on numerous occasions. The documented evidence and backpeddling of Roswell, the videos and witness reports of the Phoenix lights.. The military attacks of impervious objects above LA..

There hundreds of credible sightings and reports.. Like the former minister of defense for Canada, amongst many others.. We are an insignificant speck in this universe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Jocksereire

dlofnep wrote:
    Do Aliens exist? Yes.. Wasn't there fossilised bacteria found on some martian meteorite?
    This is true and evidence that life existed on another planet

It's funny.....it seems to me that there are more narrow-minded people here who want to run down the opinions of others, than there are open-minded people open to hearing broad-minded thinking.

Strange, for a CT forum, IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

A_Fitz wrote:
    It's funny.....it seems to me that there are more narrow-minded people here who want to run down the opinions of others, than there are open-minded people open to hearing broad-minded thinking.

Yes, it would discourage CTists from posting in fact. I think a lot of the problem is due to the forum being put in the same sub category as the skeptics forum (imagine if paranormal, for example, was here), and that sadly, mods see conspiracy theories as a joke, and a forum for 'crazy people' - as Cloud himself stated in his recent presentation. :(

As for aliens existing, yes, I think on the balance of probability they *must* exist. The question of intelligent life, and civilisation, is more difficult to answer with certainty due to the lack of data. I believe there are other intelligent and even more advanced species in the universe. I am also satisfied with the Roswell evidence to suggest that something non-human crashed and was retrieved. Roswell is not inconclusive evidence by any means (the nature of coverups usually ensures that such remaining evidence will be inconclusive), but enough to satisfy me personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

dlofnep wrote:
    Do Aliens exist? Yes.. Wasn't there fossilised bacteria found on some martian meteorite? Technically, that counts as an alien.

After all the hullabaloo subsided didn't they announce that these were actually natural formations in the rock? Talk about egg on faces.

As for alien life, on the basis of probability there is other life in the universe, how intelligent would be the big question for me. However I would be fairly confident if this intelligent alien life was to arrive on earth they wouldn’t be probing rednecks in the US.

meglome wrote:
    After all the hullabaloo subsided didn't they announce that these were actually natural formations in the rock? Talk about egg on faces.

is this just not you giving your opinion? are we just to believe what you say? you have to back it up mate

is this just not you giving your opinion? are we just to believe what you say? you have to back it up mate

Very good point indeed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/1666053.stm
    http://whyfiles.org/shorties/mars_rock_not.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

A_Fitz wrote:

Isn't it funny how CT'ers always call others "narrow-minded", yet they're the ones who refuse to consider any alternatives...

humanji wrote:
    Isn't it funny how CT'ers always call others "narrow-minded", yet they're the ones who refuse to consider any alternatives...

They fail to see the difference between people who'd like to believe if real evidence was available and people who want to believe no matter what. I've said it in here before there's loads of stuff from science fiction i'd dearly love were true but so far there's no evidence to suggest this, it makes for an interesting dream nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Still hankering after those female cyborg sex slaves, eh? ;);)

humanji wrote:
    Still hankering after those female cyborg sex slaves, eh? ;);)

Is that a problem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

nellyshark wrote:
    On a side note why do people always believe that aliens are of superior intelligence to humans, maybe we are the most advanced race of species. Just a thought like

That would be because the furthest we have got is the moon and we have not been there in decades. Aliens that have come to earth would have to be more intelligent than us. You cant travel faster than the speed of light. If they got here they understand a level of physics far beyond anything we know.

I myself do NOT believe in alien abductions (which is just normal sleep paralysis with a funky dream). I do not believe we have been visited by aliens. I do believe there is other life in the universe though.

The only conspiracy where aliens are concerned is the fact that UFO's and Aliens are convenient ways to sidetrack the general public as to what's really going on in the world. i.e. someone spots a secret military experiment, they can blame it on being a UFO and no one will take it seriously.

• Advertisement

meglome wrote:
    Thats more like it. It gets tiresome in here at times with people giving their opinion as fact. Seems like the mars findings are being disputed alright. I still believe there is other life out there somewhere though. Jaysus how mad would it be to make contact eh with some :)

Advertisement