Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Aliens really exist ????

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Conor108 wrote: »
    So thoughts on all this Mars malarkey today?

Found this and there is apparently 2 figures/rocks/weather ballons

The figure "standing" would be extremely small.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

toiletduck wrote: »
    The figure "standing" would be extremely small.

Not necessarily a reason not to be a life form however, since the vast majority of life forms on earth are extremely small.

This is a great picture but i just cant say what it is. Maybe a tree ? Or the remains of a tree. Aparrently there are full forrests pictured on mars and the story is that there was an "un"official landing back in the 60's and this landing found an abundence of life. There are supposed videos and photo's floating around.
    The big question is the mistake NASA did when releasing these photos. They released a number of them , then re-released them again. These photo's that were re-realeased were photoshoped with bits taken out of them. Most namely , the mars rabbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

This is a great picture but i just cant say what it is. Maybe a tree ? Or the remains of a tree. Aparrently there are full forrests pictured on mars and the story is that there was an "un"official landing back in the 60's and this landing found an abundence of life. There are supposed videos and photo's floating around.
    The big question is the mistake NASA did when releasing these photos. They released a number of them , then re-released them again. These photo's that were re-realeased were photoshoped with bits taken out of them. Most namely , the mars rabbit.

John Lear on Ats, has numerous threads on this....

Find it very hard to believe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Kernel wrote: »
    Not necessarily a reason not to be a life form however, since the vast majority of life forms on earth are extremely small.

Yes, I'm aware of that. However many places seem to be omitting just how small the humanoid shape is. Thought it was worth pointing out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,556 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Aparrently there are full forrests pictured on mars and the story is that there was an "un"official landing back in the 60's and this landing found an abundence of life. There are supposed videos and photo's floating around.
    Bunk. It was a spoof UK documentary in the 70's. Go Wiki 'Alternative 3'.

cool , i didnt know that. I couldnt find many people talking about it before .Still there are still some questionable satelite photos out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

Two reasons why the alien conspiracy is false.

1) Given the constrictions on the speed that physical objects can travel, it is nigh on impossible that an alien race could reach us.

2) If an alien race did come into contact with us, i very much doubt they would work covertly with our governments. In fact, they would probably seek to either colonise or destory us. One only needs to look at human history to see why that would be inevitable.

Two reasons why the alien conspiracy is false.

1) Given the constrictions on the speed that physical objects can travel, it is nigh on impossible that an alien race could reach us.

2) If an alien race did come into contact with us, i very much doubt they would work covertly with our governments. In fact, they would probably seek to either colonise or destory us. One only needs to look at human history to see why that would be inevitable.

Both these comments are very very open.

1) 100 years ago it was impossible to travel to the other side of the world in 24 hours. Think outside the box on that one. Bend space and time theory, or multiple dimension theory .

2) who says the alien race is working covertly with the government. There is supposedly some cover up by the government, but for what reason we do not know. It could be one of hundreds of reasons.

At the end of the day if anybody wants to see proof that aliens exist. Just look at the moon. We have been there. There we are the aliens. The fact that we are here on earth is proof enough for me that if we are here there has to be other people from other worlds .

There is no way we are alone.

Have we been visited , well that is the question .

Well said Dre. Nasa is currently (very seriously) working on faster than light travel. A good documentary available on google is 'Billion Dollar Secret' by Nick Cook. Worth a watch people. Also read his book, 'The Hunt for Zero Point' which is also fascinating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Well said Dre. Nasa is currently (very seriously) working on faster than light travel. A good documentary available on google is 'Billion Dollar Secret' by Nick Cook. Worth a watch people. Also read his book, 'The Hunt for Zero Point' which is also fascinating.

Working on faster than light travel doesn't mean they can ever get it to actually work.

I've said it before but if aliens did arrive I'm confident they wouldn't be probing rednecks in America.

meglome wrote: »
    Working on faster than light travel doesn't mean they can ever get it to actually work.

I've said it before but if aliens did arrive I'm confident they wouldn't be probing rednecks in America.

Watch the documentary I mentioned. They are very serious about FTL travel, and the theoretical physics seems to back it up. Indeed, Einstein's Theories say that gravity or mass can bend space, so if space can be bent to such a point as to have the point of departure and the point of arrival at almost the same place, then travel from both points is almost instantaneous. The problem is energy, which cook describes in the zero-point part of the book.

With regard to the alien abduction field, there is some evidence in the form of implants. The late Dr. John Mack of Harvard University was a believer in the veracity of abduction phenomenon, and when you seriously look at it, there's something interesting afoot - more so than the crazy redneck explanation (reports are too widespread). I'm not saying it's aliens, I'm just saying it's something.

Bend space and time theory.
    Well said Dre.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Watched that documentary on google video, the talk early on off anti matter and distorting space was interesting, keeping very much inline with what we are hearing today, the testimonials of the wives who had lost their husbands in Area 51 at the end was the part I most enjoyed...They brought their case all the way to the supreme court and were told nothing about how their husbands died...

Do you know where I could get more of his documentaries (Alien History of Planet Earth) have just began reading his e book 'The Hunt for Zero Point', quite good so far...

Any other interesting documentaries off a similar topic done by sceptics?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Ask Sigorney Weaver?

OK, on the serious side... If space is infinite, are the chances that intelligent life exists on other planets also infinite?

As for conspiracies, who gains by claiming they do not exist? Who gains by claiming that they do? The way they broke the Watergate Conspiracy (a real conspiracy, not a fantasy), was to "follow the money" according to the journalists involved in disclosing the affair, which forced a US president to resign (Nixon).

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Watched that documentary on google video, the talk early on off anti matter and distorting space was interesting, keeping very much inline with what we are hearing today, the testimonials of the wives who had lost their husbands in Area 51 at the end was the part I most enjoyed...They brought their case all the way to the supreme court and were told nothing about how their husbands died...

Not to point out the obvious but how many thousands of men will have died over the years in different countries involved in some secret operation for that country. But instead let single out Area 51 as that's where the space men are kept. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Sure Area 51 is more interesting. Don't pretend that you don't wonder what's in there :D

humanji wrote: »
    Sure Area 51 is more interesting. Don't pretend that you don't wonder what's in there :D

I do wonder... but the whole dreams vs reality thing means I have no idea what's there.

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Do you know where I could get more of his documentaries (Alien History of Planet Earth) have just began reading his e book 'The Hunt for Zero Point', quite good so far...

Any other interesting documentaries off a similar topic done by sceptics?

Well I originally watched Billion Dollar Secret on Channel4! :)

Don't know where you would get any other Cook documentaries unfortunately.. give it time and they will end up on google.video. As for other skeptic documentaries, I like to think that most good documentaries on the conspiracy field are carried out by skeptics.. Jon Ronson stuff is quite good, he would certainly be a skeptic.

And just another thing to bring up. Who said Aliens are traveling millions of miles to come here. The other theory is that they are living here. Alot of witnesses agree to this.
    This ties into the hollow earth theory. This also ties into the bible which talks of the Nephalim ( fallen angels ) who were exiled to Earth by god. While they were on earth they fell in love with earth women who had baby's to them.

This did not please god as he did not want the people of earth contaminated, and decided to start afresh, hense Noah's flood.

That again is a whole other ball game. Honestly i dont know what to believe, but i have been studying it for years and all i know is there is somthing going on. Just cant prove what.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Jocksereire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Written by Micheal Scalla
    A feature article on his suggestion that a supposed visit to the dentist by President Eisenhower in 1954 was actually a meeting with extraterrestrials was published in the Washington Post on February 19, 2004. [1] This created tension with the Center for Global Peace that did not wish to be publicly associated with his "new direction in research". [6] In April 2004, he participated at the X-Conference which led to more public prominence and further threatened his university position. [7] On May 13, 2004, Prof Abdul Aziz Said, Director of American University's Center for Global Peace, sent a letter [8] of dismissal to Dr. Salla, citing unauthorized changes Salla had made to the Peace Ambassador Program as the primary reason for Salla's dismissal. The letter also stated that Salla's formal affiliation with American University would not be rescinded, but neither would it be renewed upon its expiration in August 2004.
    In April 7, 2005, Salla founded the Exopolitics Institute (ExoInst), a UFO research organization that is currently headquartered in Kealakekua, Hawaii. In June 4, 2006, Al Jazeera published an article discussing a letter Salla had sent them informing them about the possibility of alien intervention in order to prevent a nuclear attack on Iran by the United States of America. [9] From June 9 - 11, 2006, he assembled and took part in the Hawaii Conference on World Peace and Extraterrestrial Civilizations. [9][4]
    His current exopolitical interests have led him to assert that the undisclosed presence of extraterrestrials is one of the primary forces behind international conflict. He further states that the claims of various "whistleblowers" (informants) suggest that as many as sixteen different extraterrestrial civilizations are currently interacting with the human race while a number of other extraterrestrial races monitor Earth affairs, while avoiding contact. Most of his claims are derived from whistleblowers (informants) or 'experiencers' (individuals who claim to have contacted extraterrestrials) who, while arousing much debate in the UFO field, are alleged by Dr. Salla to be primary sources of reliable information. In conversation with the Washington Post, Salla pointed to evidence widely available on the internet as a source for his research on extraterrestrial visitation: "There's a lot of stuff on the Internet, and I just went around and pieced it together.

Oh yeah he's credible.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

"...a lack of empirical evidence to substantiate many of the claims."

Sounds very familiar...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Of course there are Alien Life forms. The universe is too big for us to be the only ones in it.

Are they visiting us? No, i dont believe they are or have ever.

snyper wrote: »
    Of course there are Alien Life forms. The universe is too big for us to be the only ones in it.

Exactly, but the universe is also too big to allow physical travel over these vast distances. Someone here was talking about bending space and time to overcome this, but think about that for a second. Is there anything in the natural world that exhibits these properties? Well, there are black holes. Perhaps if we could create enough energy to mimic a black hole^5 maybe we could bend space and time enough to travel like you described.

Good luck with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Jocksereire

snyper wrote: »

i am of the same opinion

as for the link above i did say it was a story :D but thought id throw it to the pirhana anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

And just another thing to bring up. Who said Aliens are traveling millions of miles to come here. The other theory is that they are living here. Alot of witnesses agree to this.
    This ties into the hollow earth theory.

Hollow earth? Read Jules Verne much?? This is the 21st Century and science sort of pisses on the idea. We sort of know for the most part what is under the earth's crust... and vast civilisations is not one of them.

Saruman wrote: »
    Hollow earth? Read Jules Verne much?? This is the 21st Century and science sort of pisses on the idea. We sort of know for the most part what is under the earth's crust... and vast civilisations is not one of them.

Never read Jules Verne. Remember science speculates on the most part. How can you say we know whats down there when we have never been there ? You could be right i admit but is there proof to back it up ? ? No....... as we have never been there, or have we ? ?

I really hate the way people are so dismissive of everything.

There is no such thing because science says so.

It cant be true and science proves otherwise.

How many times has science been wrong ? Its a good guide on how to measure things , but never fully depend on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Saruman wrote: »

you know how?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Science has been wrong plenty of times... but think about it... Life below the earth's crust?
    The reason we have not been there is simple... below the earth's crust is a rather hot molten rock stuff called magma.. tends to burn us if we get too close. The continents float on this stuff. When a hole appears or there is too much pressure.. we get a pimple on the surface called a volcano.... fun times :D

So even if some sort of life existed below this, where would they get their air? Without oxygen there would be no life, without plants there is no oxygen, without sunlight there is no photosynthesis and so on..
    Hell even gravity would be non existent the further you go down.

This is why it will only ever be science fiction.

That is not to say there are not hollow area's down there. Sort of like caves on the surface... but for a whole other world with living breathing creatures....

Advertisement