Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Emo" Thing

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

this topic ridiculous, the prime origination of music genre "emo" has nothing to do with the "scene" that spread 2 years late in dublin, alot of these "emo" people do not listen to proper "emotional genre" anyway, its just the look, they like it, they copy it, same way rockers were everywhere a year or so ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

this topic ridiculous, the prime origination of music genre "emo" has nothing to do with the "scene" that spread 2 years late in dublin, alot of these "emo" people do not listen to proper "emotional genre" anyway, its just the look, they like it, they copy it, same way rockers were everywhere a year or so ago. to ad to this

if its so ridiculous dont post on it!! and yeah in fairness like i said before most people just do it ie dress that way cause there friends do!!!! but you cant judge everyone like you do there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

sound_wave wrote: »

omg the gheyness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

who gives a sh!t really?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,940 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

sound_wave wrote: »

Rofl - lets start a thread flaming THAT.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

emo!! wrote: »
    if its so ridiculous dont post on it!!

Oh yes, lets not express any opinions that aren't positive, yeah?

Also, learn to type properly, your posts are painful to read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

i live by the rule: if you want to do something do it

I want to rape and murder lots of small, defenseless animals. Should I just go ahead and do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Laslo wrote: »
    I want to rape and murder lots of small, defenseless animals. Should I just go ahead and do it?

Yes, most definitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭yeah-boy

I Dunno ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Oh yes, lets not express any opinions that aren't positive, yeah?

Also, learn to type properly, your posts are painful to read.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

ec18 wrote: »
    who gives a sh!t really?

exactly!

who gives a crap how other people want to live? what gives anyone the right to judge and look down upon anyone else!

and yeah goth chicks are seriously f*ckin HOT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

this topic ridiculous, the prime origination of music genre "emo" has nothing to do with the "scene" that spread 2 years late in dublin, alot of these "emo" people do not listen to proper "emotional genre" anyway, its just the look, they like it, they copy it, same way rockers were everywhere a year or so ago. to ad to this

if its so ridiculous dont post on it!! and yeah in fairness like i said before most people just do it ie dress that way cause there friends do!!!! but you cant judge everyone like you do there!!
    Says the person who bumped it after it hadn't been posted in for two months....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

i still find it hard to define emo.
    they're a very annoying bunch of people :p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 gavrilo princip

point being ? get over weight and wear shorts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

i still find it hard to define emo.
    they're a very annoying bunch of people :p.
    AFAICT
    emo = New Romantic Goths
    ...........................................(well the genes had to go somewhere)

Also better fed, higher metal content but low rbc

Dont suppose they are particularly more annoying than say
    teddys, beatniks, mods, rockers, skins, hippies, glams, punks, new agers, new romantics, goths, death metallers, industrial, indies, grungers, britpoppers, neo, metalcorers, nuravers or anything else WASP teenagers have spent their time on since the last war when teenagers were invented (1941) and they had enough money to buy their own clothes.

12 pages of high emo coliform assay and not a single word from the man himself:(

"The toughest time...in anyone's life...is when you have to kill a loved one just because they're the devil" -- Emo Phillips

"Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps". -- Emo Phillips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

oh my god leave emos be.... that just like saying look at the scumbags that walk aroung grafton street with there trackies tucked into there scoks and go around listing to dance, i say fair play to them cause if they want to do that THEN do it!! if people want to be EMO leave them!!

Oh I agree, fair play to the scum. And if they want to steal from shops and mug some old woman of her possessions then they deserve even more credit for expressing themselves.

Seriously though, however you dress yourself is your own business but I think its a BIT sad that anyone would actually want to live up to a stereotype. And I'm not alone in he opinion either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Metal-fans tearing into emos amuses me no end. Yes! you! young fourteen year old boy-you look ridiculous, and your music is awful-typically said by a person in their early thirties with long hair and an iron maiden t-shirt ;)

No problem with long hair and iron maiden, but it's a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

• Advertisement
Advertisement