Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Emo" Thing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

How do you get an emo kid out of a tree?

Cut his rope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

how many emos, does it take to change a light bulb?

none, they would rather sit in the dark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Isn't it strange how both Goth and Emo culture is almost the exclusive preserve of upper class kids. Most are clearly rebelling against mommy and daddy, but will soon pop into line when daddy buys them an SUV for their eighteenth birthday. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Isn't it strange how both Goth and Emo culture is almost the exclusive preserve of upper class kids. Most are clearly rebelling against mommy and daddy, but will soon pop into line when daddy buys them an SUV for their eighteenth birthday. :)

thats the main reason why i hate emo kids

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I've made it my mission to give out free hugs to emo kids. This only occurs when I've been drinking though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

seamus wrote:
    How do you get an emo kid out of a tree?

Cut his rope.
    i wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Caliden wrote:
    I've made it my mission to give out free hugs to emo kids. This only occurs when I've been drinking though

*Nobody hugs me cause nobody gets me..*.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I wish my hair was emo, then it would cut itself. Sick of paying for it.

Why is it only them that hang around shopping malls? Like dogs waiting for scraps of food. Or probably waiting for a Record Store owner to chuck some shít Emo CDs out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

That is so true. 18th birthday is a bit unfair though. I'd at least give them til 23. That gives them time to drop out of their sociology and philosophy/art degree and switch to commerce, then get a job in Goldman Sachs.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I feel like I've aged ten years reading this thread. emo's :rolleyes: What'll they think of next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

not really sure about that.

I suppose you could say that all scangers are from lower class backgrounds and their lifetime ambitions are to see who can get to the top of the dole queue every thursday morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

electric69 wrote:
    not really sure about that.

I suppose you could say that all scangers are from lower class backgrounds and their lifetime ambitions are to see who can get to the top of the dole queue every thursday morning

In the main, id agree with you .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Emo - because fixing your problems would require actual effort...

Find The Emo http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/4209/imgfindtheemoqb4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

I like emo...

Uh oh :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

oh my god leave emos be.... that just like saying look at the scumbags that walk aroung grafton street with there trackies tucked into there scoks and go around listing to dance, i say fair play to them cause if they want to do that THEN do it!! if people want to be EMO leave them!!

i live by the rule: if you want to do something do it, dont do it just cause you friends do it or its in fashion, do it for you and nobody else! ---- in saying that if half the emos out there done this then i dont think they wouldnt be much around!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

biko wrote: »
    Emo chicks are hot

and have low self esteme

what makes you think that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

yea emo chicks are hot

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

most definitely

/me writes a poem about longing for an emo girlfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Cremo wrote: »
    /me writes a poem about longing for an emo girlfriend.

Don't forget to mention not being understood and being at odds with the world. Also do they make adult versions of these emo chicks of which you speak?

In my experience an emo relationship consists of a guy in his late teens/early twenties with his arm wrapped around a girl in her very early teens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Im more sick of the people who bandy around words like "emo" or "D4"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm sick of your FACE.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

lads NU RAVE is the new thing, i expect a nu rave topic by 2009.
    started off with rockers--> skaters ---> emo ---> Indie ---> nurave

although indie did exist back from day one but it was ugly indie, like people wearing chordy flares, its tightened up since. Goths up there some where too.
    accurate timeline of ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

emo!! wrote: »
    what makes you think that??

donno ...stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

emo!! wrote: »
    oh my god leave emos be.... that just like saying look at the scumbags that walk aroung grafton street with there trackies tucked into there scoks and go around listing to dance, i say fair play to them cause if they want to do that THEN do it!! if people want to be EMO leave them!!

i live by the rule: if you want to do something do it, dont do it just cause you friends do it or its in fashion, do it for you and nobody else! ---- in saying that if half the emos out there done this then i dont think they wouldnt be much around!!
    Oh, we pick on the Scumbags too.
    They're probably the most talked about.

Anyway, watch this video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Lunula

The-Rigger wrote: »
    hmmm, maybe I just didn't understand the question or statement from Baz...

...what do you mean by 'it'?

ah, back to emo burds....

I don't find either of them HOT, 2nd one is decent, also don't like the ridiculous pouting face of the first one, or the deer in the headlights look of the second.

Their facial expressions make them both look more like lolcats to me...

maybe that's the future of the internet..... emokid pics with lolcat speech on them?

I give you

LOLEMOKIDZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

thebaz wrote: »
    i thought most people were owed an education, food, a roof/bed/shelter and clothes ... it just depends how much of this stuff you think you are owed .. emo's don't strike me as being particularly greedy

Eh, you're not owed anything.

Your parents have to bring you up, but that's it.

The world owes you nothing. You take personal responsibility for yourself and earn your quality of life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

I don't really mind them, some of the women are rather good looking. As long as they're not big depressed people(Surely some of them have to be happy?) then I don't mind.

All I'll say is, I'd rather see people dressed like "Emo's" than floating about Town in Lacoste tracksuits :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

• Advertisement

but like what kind of stuff!! haha

and i hang around with a pretty happy bunch of emos (bar popping the prozac!)

oh and ye slag scumbags to please tell!! i think they deserve the slagging more than emos.... it all just a nasty circle really aint it .. people slagging other people.. funny tho!!

oh and as for the statement saying "all emos are just rebeling against there ma and da's and will stop once dad buy us and SUV!!"
    WHAT THE FECK LIKE !! i WANT PARENTS LIKE THOSE!!:D

Advertisement