Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Emo" Thing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

St Bill wrote:
    I know what Emo is....it's a place six miles outside of Portlaoise. A nice quaint village by the way :D

Ha....it sure is!!! Its the emo paradise....

Is it Emo kids who hang out at the central bank or is that goths??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

But I find the fat ones comical!:D

true, why does every fat one, have purple hair?
    the_syco wrote:
    Emo chicks are ugly. Goth chicks are hot!

white women are ugly. caucausion women are hot!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

its just a phase, most "emo" heads are teenagers or young college students. didn't we all have phases like that when we were younger? Real life will bate all of that emo nonsense out of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

St Bill wrote:
    I know what Emo is....it's a place six miles outside of Portlaoise. A nice quaint village by the way :D

Correct you are. Here is the exact location

So can all the Emo people go there and be all emo-ey, but then you wont be different anymore and will have to make up some other culture, and we will end up in a never ending cycle. Damn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

R_H_C_P wrote:
    rant...

why dont you cry about it and put it on your myspace.

/emo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Dragan wrote:
    Comfort is everything, else my brain doesn't work.
    Just wish most employers would understand this. But then the average female doesn't even understand comfort and function >> fashion, so for a smaller minority of people (management) to realise the importance of comfort.... not likely...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

OK, it's obvious you're not all talking about the children of a large oil company, so what the hell is an emo kid?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

jor el wrote:
    OK, it's obvious you're not all talking about the children of a large oil company, so what the hell is an emo kid?
    Modern day cure head.
    AKA goth lite.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Diet Goth with 68% less masculinity if your a guy, 2000% increase in moping.

And here's from an earlier post of mine for those who don't know what an Emo is. Not a lot of them are neccesarily like this but they're pretty close.

Boy or girl?
    http://buzznet-52.vo.llnwd.net/asset...5503014184.jpg

Pfft!!:
    http://www.freewebs.com/youdontknowemo/Ryan.jpg

Mmm-hmmm!:
    http://lifeinservice.files.wordpress...ian-emo-02.JPG

Good God what a pretentious picture:
    http://kymieamuse.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/emo.jpg

http://www.thenemesis.de/img/emo.jpg

A true Emo:
    http://taltos.pha.jhu.edu/~tamas/files/images/emu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

So the band "Simple Plan" Emo or just pop-rock?
    What about Greenday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

R_H_C_P wrote:
    Im semi emo. Got a ****ing prob with that?

I think people who take the piss/complain about them are the people with problems in all fairness!

Why should what one person wear/listens to/look like/act annoy you? Its a low as racism and your Obviously not willing to accept change.

btw TS how old are you?

This is not directed at you in any way, its directed at you and everyone like you, emo's as you call yourselves.

would you care to explain to me where this cultural emo thing came from because you people where not around when i was younger, so i feel very sad for you and your kind. Instead of being unique and individuals you just created this emo thing where you are all part of a group sometimes having a conversation with several of you is like talking with a single being, your responses become the same and you all look the same so there is no real reason to involve with yourselves, which makes you and your kind bitch about people having problems with you when the problem is there is simply no point in talking to you. Your kind simply have the illusion if being a individual (i know i am generalising, i am sure there are a few emo who are not like this but in the vast majoirty of cases you will find they have simmilar views on political issues and i dont know much about music and stuff so i cant realy comment on being a emo makes you like the same music, i know a few people who my mates talk about saying theyve gone emo, i still dont know what it means tbh but from what i gather going emo does make you listen to some new music or start going to a new pub ect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Ah Jaysis, I'm only 28 and for half the thread I thought you were all talking about petrol stations!!
    Are EMO's not Goths or Cureheads or whatever you want to call them?

Either way it beats the bejaysis out of bein a pikey Mikey, lyin down under the train tracks, sovereign n air max wearin, spliff smokin, madoutofit youngfellit doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Emo = rich kids trying to be edgy and cool.

They will all go to uni and get 2:1 degrees, get a job with a big 4 accountancy practice or the Bank of Ireland, throw out their skinny jeans and studded belts and buy a load of chinos and Pringle sweaters and a sensible estate car. Emo will be long forgotten, replaced by Barbara Streisand or Elton John. Mark my words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Jigsaw wrote:
    They will all go to uni and get 2:1 degrees, get a job with a big 4 accountancy practice or the Bank of Ireland, throw out their skinny jeans and studded belts and buy a load of chinos and Pringle sweaters and a sensible estate car...
    ****. wish i was an emo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

User45701 wrote:
    This is not directed at you in any way, its directed at you and everyone like you, emo's as you call yourselves.

would you care to explain to me where this cultural emo thing came from because you people where not around when i was younger, so i feel very sad for you and your kind. Instead of being unique and individuals you just created this emo thing where you are all part of a group sometimes having a conversation with several of you is like talking with a single being, your responses become the same and you all look the same so there is no real reason to involve with yourselves, which makes you and your kind bitch about people having problems with you when the problem is there is simply no point in talking to you. Your kind simply have the illusion if being a individual (i know i am generalising, i am sure there are a few emo who are not like this but in the vast majoirty of cases you will find they have simmilar views on political issues and i dont know much about music and stuff so i cant realy comment on being a emo makes you like the same music, i know a few people who my mates talk about saying theyve gone emo, i still dont know what it means tbh but from what i gather going emo does make you listen to some new music or start going to a new pub ect

Dude ! What's with the concious stream of thought typing ? While you may have a couple of points I agree with, a few more full stops, commas and capital letters would make it a helluva lot easier to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Attention seeking idiots that look stupid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Duggy747 wrote:
    Good God what a pretentious picture:
    http://kymieamuse.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/emo.jpg
    Ah, gotcha. It's so much clearer now. I had no idea there were varying levels of goth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

R_H_C_P wrote:

I think people who take the piss/complain about them are the people with problems in all fairness!

Why should what one person wear/listens to/look like/act annoy you? Its a low as racism and your Obviously not willing to accept change.

btw TS how old are you?

ROFL X 20

How many people over 19 do you see dressed as emos/goths? By that age most of them realise that their life is going nowhere, they will never get job with that look and sitting around writing poetry wth ther 14 year old impressionable girlfriend who loves you in a sick, weird type of way is a bit odd.

With a bit of luck you will grow out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

R_H_C_P wrote:

btw TS how old are you?

UUGHHHH!!!!!fight the power

moron

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

In my opinion the whole emo scene (although this could be applied to many 'scenes' i suppose) typifys the way in which young people will throw themselves into a trend because they either think it is 'alternative' or because their peers are into it and they want to fit in. People subscribe the whole emo scene without genuinely liking the music / fashion / world view etc, unwilling to like anything which is not considered 'emo'. I know this happens alot with young people and is to be expected, but what really grinds my gears (and leads me to despise emos) is that emos would say that the whole point of being emo is to be 'an individual' or something along those lines, and get overly confrontational with anyone who critises their style/taste, perciving it as yet another attack on their individuality. If you genuinely like that kind of fashion and music and world view then fine, fair play to you, but display the kind of closed mindedness common amongst emos (and, let me stress, other groups also, its not like i only despise emos) then don't complain when people start poking fun at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

Piste wrote:
    I think you have no idea what you're talking about.

Why do you think that Emos "think the world owes them something" do you have any proof of this?

The vast majority of "emos" are normal, happy people who don't "go around in pity for themselves"

Do you really think that emo kids "dress like Edward Scissor Hands" to provoke a reaction? That's silly, they dress for the reasons most other people dress the way they do; because they like that style.

How can you speculate that they're trying to be "individual"? Sounds like you're just spouting the same old anti-emo tripe that's so fashionable these days.

"For the most part their problems are trivial but they act as if they've seen things that would make grown men cry."

How many emos do you *actually* know? as I said, the most of them are happy, well adjusted people with plenty of friends. If they had "real" problems in their life they'd probably grow up to be knackers.

Try actually talking to someone you think is emo, if you ask about their style they'll reply "because I think it looks nice" fair play to them for having style at least.

hpw can an emo be happy???emo means emotional doesnt it???lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Perhaps this will settle the confusion on what emos are:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_%28slang%29

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I'm so emo I shít bats.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I'm not being offencive or anything... but Emos are there to be laughed at, not noticed as they'd like us to see them... Take them as someone to be enjoyed and that'll annoy them and then they'll cry and afterwards put it on their myspace. It'll be a laugh, watch them suffer!

Nailz wrote:
    It'll be a laugh, watch them suffer!

I'm pretty sure thats the reason they whinge all the time on myspace. Better off ignoring them. When they finally realise that no one really cares about how miserable they are they will grow out of that emo scene crap and become useful members of society:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

flynnser19 wrote:
    hpw can an emo be happy???emo means emotional doesnt it???lol

and happy isn't a emotion?

i hope you were joking and my joke detector is broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

flynnser19 wrote:
    how can an emo be happy???emo means emotional doesnt it???lol

oh alright.. so, tell me.. what's happyness then?

its an emotion... DUH! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Well we could do it that way... or we can find a weakness *menising*. And if they find a way to avoid that, well there's only one option then, if they annoy the shít out of you... you KICK shít out them... :D

Advertisement