Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I'd definitely throw some money towards that, Nigel's a top guy and I love those kind of documentaries.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Yep not just another WWE DVD:

ApWOVpoCQAASIHs.jpg

Colt recording his contribution for the Punk DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

542781_404889612856157_121027854575669_1637498_1949354749_n.jpg

This worth picking up lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

eh i dunno wrote: »

For 10 quid its a steal.

• Advertisement

Just saw this set on highspots.com

zkn5_ecw_cactus.jpg

Having never have bought off of highspots my question is will the matches on the set be shown the way they would be on a proper ECW dvd with normal ECW cameras and joey styles on commentary etc or will it just be off some chap with a camcorder at ringside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

eh i dunno wrote: »

Yep, one of their better DVD's of recent times.

I'm probably going to pick up the Rock's new DVD and the new Edge one that is out.

Just saw this set on highspots.com
    Having never have bought off of highspots my question is will the matches on the set be shown the way they would be on a proper ECW dvd with normal ECW cameras and joey styles on commentary etc or will it just be off some chap with a camcorder at ringside?

Was wondering the same myself. They also have a six disc history of the ECW Tag Team belts dvd.

Was wondering the same myself. They also have a six disc history of the ECW Tag Team belts dvd.

Yeah if its proper footage I would definitely buy a few of the sets they have.

Can anyone help out here if they have bought any sets off of highspots before?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Has anyone seen the new Edge DVD yet? Is the documentary any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Documentary is excellent up there with the Jericho / Orton one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Has anyone seen the new Edge DVD yet? Is the documentary any good?

Just finished watching the Documentary there. Couldn't recommend it more, it's brilliant. It's definetly up there with the best documentary style DVD's that WWE has produced. Has some pretty cool things that people really didn't know much of (such as the obsession/epiphany with the star on Edge's merch/ring attire) but it's an awesome watch

Same thoughts. They got the story right and there was howlers in terms of omissions and retelling of history.

For some reason, WWE's European DVD distributor Silvervision was forced to remove the listings for WrestleMania 28, WWE's Clash of the Champions DVD and the ECW Unreleased Volume 1. They wrote:

"Unfortunately we have had to remove WrestleMania 28, The Best of WCW Clash of the Champions and ECW Unreleased Vol 1 from the website for the time being. At this point I have no more information and should you require a refund then please contact customer services on info@silvervision.co.uk or 020 8292 4875. We apologise for any inconvenience"

I know it says its only for the time being but I hope that Clash of the champions DVD hasn't been cancelled. I was looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

It's probably more to do with rights issues than anything else. WWE mightn't have had the rights for the Flo Rida/MGK entrances at Mania for DVD/Blu Ray (like Kid Rock at Mania 25)

ECW DVD sounds great. Hope it's not been cancelled. Have the Edge DVD ready to go tonight, looking forward to it!

WWE mightn't have had the rights for the Flo Rida/MGK entrances at Mania for DVD/Blu Ray

Hopefully they don't get the rights and they're removed from the DVD/Blu Ray :D

No barcode?

Change in the BBFC classification/age rating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Its Metallica & Hogan moaning about The Memory Remains being played 93,000 times in the run up to Mania & not getting royalties for every time they played it. Seriously though hope it gets sorted soon.
    Any word on a Lesnar Dvd yet?

• Advertisement

Would any of yous be up for this if it came over here?

AqWdp00CQAEm1Mn.jpg

Just an elaborate way to block out Sin Cara

Watched the Edge DVD and the Jericho one also over the past few nights. Both were excellent, enjoyed the Jericho one especially as I'm working my way through his book at the moment.

One thing that annoyed me about both though were Miz's contributions. They just seem to lack sincerity or something.

One thing that annoyed me about both though were Miz's contributions. They just seem to lack sincerity or something.

His soundbytes are consistantly dreadful alrite, he also had worthless contribution to the Stone Cold dvd & several others i'm sure. Bet he rushes to do the recordings for them & all. My brother was saying wwe should built a rivalry around Punk wanting him kept out of his dvd & Miz demanding his soundbyte be put in.

Watched the Edge DVD and the Jericho one also over the past few nights. Both were excellent, enjoyed the Jericho one especially as I'm working my way through his book at the moment.

Miz was someone who was the "go to" WWE media guy behind Cena for ages until Punk took that spot. I think Miz just swallowed the WWE Corporate Sports Entertainment Media phrase book.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I understand why he's there but Cena the Cliche machine irritates me no end. It comes off as generic corporate tripe that's straight off the back of the DVD!

I think Miz is just naturally obnoxious but it looks like he really wants to do these DVDs...he's doing his best cena impersonation lol.

On a plus I love hearing the Canadians speak; Christian, Edge, Jericho...Jericho's water-bottle description of Vince's stunner bump is Hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Well I finally got around to watching the ROH Summer of Punk 2005 DVD (well, MP4) and it really is fantastic viewing.

In the space of 2 months you get to see him at his best as a face, then his great run as heel, then back to babyface as his departure looms. All this whilst having some quality matches with guys of the caliber of Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels and Austin Aries.

What's really striking is how much of a big deal Samoa Joe and Christopher Daniels were in 2005, and how much TNA are misusing them now when guys like Garrett Bishoff and Crimson are made out to be bigger stars than them.

Before the fatal-four way match between Daniels/Joe/Punk/James Gibson, there's an awesome 60 second 'Fallen Angel' chant going for Daniels, everyone in the arena chanting his name and loving him, and now he's just another guy stuck in mid-card going nowhere which is quite sad really.

Back to the dvd, the best match on the dvd is probably the very first one when he wins the title from Austin Aries. Was just an amazing match between two of the best today let alone 7 years ago. And what came after the match was also epic, a promo that Punk cut after the match, turning on the crowd and turning heel in the process.

The fatal four way was also a great match with Daniels/Joe/Gibson, it's must watch. By the way James Gibson is better known as redneck jobber Jamie Noble (with Nidia) in WWE, but he was great in this match, much better than I thought he was.

In between the two aforementioned matches are some good singles match that Punk had defending his title, including a couple of promos by Mick Foley of all people.

I really wish I had gotten into ROH in 2005 now and watched all this unfold every week.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Sounds like compulsory viewing! are there any promos?

• Advertisement

Charisteas wrote: »
    I really wish I had gotten into ROH in 2005 now and watched all this unfold every week.

Ah that sucks as a lot of it took place online. Whether it be Punk's blog on livejournal to Gabe making fans GENUINELY believe that each ROH show would be his last via ROH's communications to fans.

Advertisement