Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

rovert wrote: »
    Your version likely has copyright music and this probably doesnt.

Didn't even think of that, can't stand some of the crap music ROH uses on some of the DVD's. I have all the promos in my version too from the time. Might give it a watch later actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Is there going to be any pre wwe stuff in his Dvd WWE are releasing. He's apparently very hands on with the project.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

GTR63 wrote: »
    Is there going to be any pre wwe stuff in his Dvd WWE are releasing. He's apparently very hands on with the project.

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

GTR63 wrote: »

I can't forsee ROH (and more obviously TNA) allowing their CM Punk matches to be on a WWE DVD.

427389_371091926247761_122668104423479_1324619_511124212_n.jpg

CM Punk vs. Austin Aries (ROH World Title Match)...Death Before Dishonor III 6/18/052.
    CM Punk vs. Jay Lethal (ROH World Title Match)...Sign of Dishonor 7/8/053.
    CM Punk vs. Roderick Strong (ROH World Title Match)...Escape From New York 7/9/054.
    CM Punk vs. James Gibson (ROH World Title Match)...Fate of an Angel II 7/16/05
    CM Punk vs. Christopher Daniels (ROH World Title Match)...The Homecoming 7/23/059.
    CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe vs. James Gibson vs. Christopher Daniels (ROH World Title Elimination Match)...Redemption 8/12/0510.
    CM Punk vs. Colt Cabana (2 Out Of 3 Falls Match)...Punk: The Final Chapter 8/15/05

Isn't there a grammar error in the last sentence of that poster?

Nevertheless, I will definitely check out this DVD, never really seen any of Punk's pre-WWE matches and some of those on paper look great. If only there was somewhere I could watch the likes of Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, and Austin Aries on a weekly basis, oh wait :D

• Advertisement

I've already put together a nice little home made version of that.

Link?

Charisteas wrote: »
    I can't forsee ROH allowing their CM Punk matches to be on a WWE DVD.

I can as there will be.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I can as there will be.

Can you post a link to the news article?

Any ROH material on a WWE DVD is great for ROH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Charisteas wrote: »
    Link?

I haven't uploaded it so can't provide a link unfortunately. If you want anymore info though then feel free to pm me.

Rock has a new DVD coming out soon. I know it's a great time to bring out a DVD (to get people pumped for his WM match) but surely it'd've been better to make a DVD after his WM match (so you can include it)? Or maybe they'll just stop the story at his initial return last year, and we'll get another one in a few years.

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »

There is no news article. I just know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭cena

Rock has a new DVD coming out soon. I know it's a great time to bring out a DVD (to get people pumped for his WM match) but surely it'd've been better to make a DVD after his WM match (so you can include it)? Or maybe they'll just stop the story at his initial return last year, and we'll get another one in a few years.

Great value on slivervision 30.00 euro for blu ray.

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/The-Epic-Journey-of-Dwayne-The-Rock-Johnson-Blu-ray-2-Discs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

As much as I would love to see ROH footage in it, the most we will get is photos. Id love to be prooven wrong.

As much as I would love to see ROH footage in it, the most we will get is photos. Id love to be prooven wrong.

You'd swear ROH and WWE have a terrible relationship or something.

I'd expect a Albright OVW match too.

You'd swear ROH and WWE have a terrible relationship or something.

I'd expect a Albright OVW match too.
    Far from it, but with this being the WWE you can't help but be cynical to them actually showing ROH footage since they dont own the library themselves.

I'd be disappointed if we didn't get any OVW stuff, some hidden beauties there.

Far from it, but with this being the WWE you can't help but be cynical to them actually showing ROH footage since they dont own the library themselves.

What about the New Japan footage on the Chris and Eddie DVDs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

They'll probably put in that triple threat he had with Eddie & Mysterio. I doubt they'll include a match with Samoa Joe or any guys in Tna.

What about the New Japan footage on the Chris and Eddie DVDs?

I know ROH are not near their level, but Vince would be paranoid to show footage of a NA company that can be viewed as competition, unlike the Japanese ones. I know it's a ridiculous thought to have but you never know with Vince. Like I said I'd love to see it but I'm not holding my breate.

You've been warned about this before. Please refrain from citing information if you won't tell us how or where you got it. At least offer reasoning. Secrets are incredibly aggravating.

417484_336058433099146_100000849760774_876229_1331489750_n.jpg

Screengrab from the new Rock DVD. Do these blurrings annoy anyone else? I wish Vince would've just given the World Wildlife some money so he didn't constantly have to blur out a/v footage from the hottest period in wrestling, which is constantly sourced!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

417484_336058433099146_100000849760774_876229_1331489750_n.jpg

Screengrab from the new Rock DVD. Do these blurrings annoy anyone else? I wish Vince would've just given the World Wildlife some money so he didn't constantly have to blur out a/v footage from the hottest period in wrestling, which is constantly sourced!

They used to.
    Like when they first started blurring it was crazy, instead of blurring out the logo on the turnbuckles they would blur like all 3 of the turnbuckles and was just one big mess. Nowadays it can by tidy enough.
    As long as it doesn't take away from what's going on I tend not to even notice anymore.

You've been warned about this before. Please refrain from citing information if you won't tell us how or where you got it. At least offer reasoning. Secrets are incredibly aggravating.

It isnt a secret. Both Punk and Meltzer have talked about it hence there is no news article. I got info elsewhere about ideas.

It isnt a secret. Both Punk and Meltzer have talked about it hence there is no news article. I got info elsewhere about ideas.

Did they actually say there will be ROH footage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Meltzer said he couldn't see why there wouldn't be, but not that there definitely will be.

Monokne wrote: »
    Meltzer said he couldn't see why there wouldn't be, but not that there definitely will be.

It isn't definitely until the match listing comes out. But everyone involved says there will be. Other forums would just accept that rather it being a mod issue. Not portraying I have super secret sources and Ill make any and all effort to play it down but I DO know people in the conversation so to speak. I only play this card rarely but the last time I did I was right.

Take for what it is - some fella on a message board.

Monokne wrote: »

Boom, an actual answer and source! Cheers Monokne, I hope we get some clips. I doubt it, and if not then no biggy, won't affect the DVD at all if it's missing

Boom, an actual answer and source! Cheers Monokne, I hope we get some clips. I doubt it, and if not then no biggy, won't affect the DVD at all if it's missing

I already sourced Meltzer 2 posts before him and sourced Meltzer when he first said it.

Again I don't know why you doubt it. There is no reason to doubt it. This DVD will be different with different production and very different talking heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Dave isn't usually wrong so it wouldn't stun me if there were ROH footage on it.

That said, until I see the finished product I'm not convinced. I can imagine ROH footage blended into the documentary, but actual matches...I dunno, for one reason or another I have this sense Crazy Vince might not let it happen, a bit like the Punk/Sonnen walk out situation.

I am at pains to point out that having an intense debate about this is pointless because it is on the whims of a neurotic, irrational, possibly senile late 60's gentleman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Lets leave it at that shall we?

• Advertisement

I already sourced Meltzer 2 posts before him and sourced Meltzer when he first said it.

Again I don't know why you doubt it. There is no reason to doubt it. This DVD will be different with different production and very different talking heads.
    I already said I doubt it; Vince can very paranoid for promoting another promotion in such away that can be seen in his eyes as competition. I know they are not, you know they are not, but it still pops up like that. Unless Vince owns it he can be reluctant to using it.

Eveuthing else I have full faith in going down, the interviews and presentation etc.

And there is a difference between saying outright Meltzer thinks it could happen but isn't sure straight away and just saying "I know" and having to get a source drawn out of someone. But I'm leaving it there because I don't want to derail the thread into a pointless argument.

Advertisement