Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Got around to watching Bloodstained Memoirs.

Christ it was awful. Piper's interview was interesting for the most part, but the rest bored me. Don't understand the years of hype behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Got around to watching Bloodstained Memoirs.

Christ it was awful. Piper's interview was interesting for the most part, but the rest bored me. Don't understand the years of hype behind it.

Unbelievable alright, a transition year student could do better. That song used throughout is awful too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Don't understand the years of hype behind it.

It was filmed in HD cameras.

The end.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    On that point, let me know if u find where I can get my hands on AJPW vs WWF Wrestling Summit (April 1990). I only heard about the show a few days ago and am really interested. Bret vs Tiger mask (Misawa!!)

I think Highspots just read your post:

super_world_dvd_L.jpg

https://www.highspots.com/p/super%20world_10%20DVD%20set.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Not directly related, but there's an excellent selection of wrestling docs on the u.s netflix catalogue which can be watched pretty easily through your computer, ps3 or xbox. well worth checking out.

watched a fascinating film on the bret/shawn rivalry where they sat the two of them last year and went through all their issues

• Advertisement

I hate to say but it looks like Silvervision are going out of business. They just added a **** load of dvds to their sale.

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/category/Extra-Sale-Items/page1.html?src=fb

Ive been waiting for best of Starrcade and Saturday nights main event to go down in price for ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Saw the new Edge DVD last week. Well I just watched the documentary, really interesting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

The Very Best of WCW Monday Nitro DVD on sale for £7. Looks good enough, but apparently it has a lot of the entrances/after match scenes edited out and the majority of theme music, including the nitro theme, replaced by generic jim johnston rock, and some of the matches are joined half way through, which has put me off.

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/The-Very-Best-of-WCW-Monday-Nitro-DVD-3-Discs.html

Might just wait for more stock of that bret/shawn blu ray to come back in. hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I asked the people I work with in WWE Corp what the craic is with the silvervision stuff. This is what I got back:
    Our Home Video division is working on resolving the DVD situation in the UK. We’re hoping to have everything sorted as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Shawn/Bret bluray back in stock on Silvervision

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I asked the people I work with in WWE Corp what the craic is with the silvervision stuff. This is what I got back:

Its great having someone on the board with real connections and not just recycled newz sources.
    :)

anyone ever seen the forever hardcore DVD? If so is it worth getting? Looks like it might be a good documentary.

anyone ever seen the forever hardcore DVD? If so is it worth getting? Looks like it might be a good documentary.

Very good not great. Interesting counter point to the WWE ECW. You could probably get it dirt cheap now.

rovert wrote: »
    Very good not great. Interesting counter point to the WWE ECW. You could probably get it dirt cheap now.
    Cool, will get it. Its only 2 quid on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Do Silvervision take Laser cards and do they really post free to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Not sure about Laser cards, but yes they do freepost to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Just a note if you're buying on Silvervision for the first time, make sure to buy it in sterling. Usually the conversion rate from sterling to euro ends up cheaper.

If you order a good few DVDs they'll send them by courier for free as well. I ordered a good few DVDs in the tagged classics sale they had and I got the DVDs within 3 days delivered by courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Thanks, lads. Will load up the pre paid card and load up myself. Fancying a bit of IYH with Bulldog and Vader.

AtbZmLZCIAEmndH.jpg

Must say not overly impressed by the match listing but it is a nice price.

The big Silvervision sale has finally got me to take out my credit card.
    Last week I got:
    Greatest Rivalries: Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart Blu-ray
    WWE Best PPV Matches Of The Year 2009-2010 Blu-ray
    The Best of SmackDown 2009-2010 Blu-ray
    The Very Best of WCW Monday Nitro DVD

This week I am getting:
    Greatest Superstars of the 21st Century Blu-ray (as above)
    Money in the Bank 2011 DVD (well they are never releasing this on Blu Ray :()
    Wrestling's Highest Flyers DVD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Is there a reason why MITB wasnt released on Blu-Ray???? :(

Is there a reason why MITB wasnt released on Blu-Ray???? :(

From my understanding which is completely open to correction.

Blu Rays of non "big 4" shows werent selling so they decided to stop producing them. Then like another month later they decided to have another stab. MITB fell between that window of time. For whatever reason they never went back and produced in that format.

Despite:

2z5k.jpg

Saw an email in my gmail, and the ladder match 2 blu ray is 8 pound delivered on silvervision for one day today for those that are interested.

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/The-Ladder-Match-2-Crash-Burn-Blu-ray-2-Discs.html?src=twit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Cool cover art.

WWEFCADVD_1.jpg

I will definitely be getting that.

This will get me off the fence to buy it. :)

AvHauRcCEAIW3Q4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Synopses for the upcoming WWE DVD and Blu-ray productions on CM Punk, and The Rock vs. John Cena rivalry, have been shared via Shock Entertainment.

Punk’s DVD boasts a documentary on his day-to-day life as WWE Champion, whilst “Once in a Lifetime” chronicles the year long feud, extending the previous feature of the same name.

Once In A Lifetime: Rock vs. Cena is expected to be released in September 2012.
    In the week leading up to WrestleMania XXVIII, a one-hour documentary aired on NBC Universal in America called ‘Once In A Lifetime: The Rock vs. John Cena’. This DVD collection is an expanded version of that documentary – giving the full one-year story of the build up to this epic match – from the very first promo. It also gives an insight into the preparation of body and mind that these two competitors went through before they met in the ring on April 1 in Miami. Once in A Lifetime explores the iconic Superstars long, emotional paths toward their match, and gives viewers a glimpse into The Rock and John Cena’s daily lives, training regiments, and the personal choices and histories that led them to the defining moment of their careers.

The not-yet-titled CM Punk DVD is scheduled to be released in October 2012.

On June 27, 2011, CM Punk forever altered the course of WWE history with a blistering rant, proclaiming, “Day in and day out for almost 6 years Ihave proven to everybody in the world that Iam the best… on this microphone, in that ring, even on commentary. Nobody can touch me!”. Since riding into the scene as an extra in John Cena’s entrance at WrestleMania 22 to defending the WWE Title in main events all over the world in recent years, the “Voice of the Voiceless” has backed up that statement.

Now, WWE fans get an unprecedented look inside the life and career of the most controversial Superstar of this generation. The first ever documentary to focus on CM Punk traces his rise to the top of WWE, from this early success on ECW, his divisive perpetuating of the Straight Edge Subculture, to becoming internationally revered as the best wrestler in the world, and all the 5 star matches and verbal “pipe bombs” in between. Packed with new interviews and commentary from Punk himself, as he takes the viewer inside his day-to-day life. Plus relive the signature matches that have punctuated his WWE career and vaulted him into the championship spotlight!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Edge:You Think You Know Me,the Best of Clash of The Champions and the Best of King of The Ring have all been added to the US Netflix.Watched the Edge documentary earlier on and it's quite good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

A dvd of The Rock vs Cena rivalry jeesh they must of put most of that together before their underwhelming slog at Mania. Do a one with Rock vs Austin they at least had good matches ffs.

• Advertisement

So no ROH footage for the Punk dvd. Or at least, no documentary into his time and maybe one of his matches. (prob with danielson).

Advertisement