Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Jim Ross
    Spent 5 hrs 2day interviewing HBK & the Hitman 4 Oct DVD. No holds barred talk. Special day 4 me.

Sounds interesting. Apparently both are in the same room head to head.

Goodness knows we all need another DVD with the WM12 ironman. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Ridley

CMpunked wrote: »
    only 5 of those are still active in wwe!
    pacman.gif

And none of them are Punk!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I have four Region 1 DVDs up for grabs if anyone wants them. They are Mania 20, 21, and 23, and Bret Harts DVD. Not looking for any offers. Whoever wants them can have them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

glenjamin wrote: »
    I have four Region 1 DVDs up for grabs if anyone wants them. They are Mania 20, 21, and 23, and Bret Harts DVD. Not looking for any offers. Whoever wants them can have them.
    For free? I doubt it but if so ill take them please!!! :cool:

But how much do you want for bret harts dvd?

If your in town just pay for my Dart fare :) I bought them thinking they were region 2. I could resell but rather hand them onto a fellow Boardsie. The Mania 20 DVD is in a cool collectors tin Anyone interested can PM me to discuss a meet up.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Thats sound of ya! Pity I dont live in dub land (I assume thats where you live anyways) as id love to have them, but hopefully they go to a good home! :pac:

Im in Wicklow mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

drayme wrote: »
    Sounds interesting. Apparently both are in the same room head to head.

Goodness knows we all need another DVD with the WM12 ironman. :p

Apart from WM12, am I right in thinking that the 'Shawn Michaels; From the Vault', was the only other DVD to have that match in full?

Have a copy of that DVD, myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

I leant from the vault to a friend of mine and she never gave it back, damn her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Just looking through some sites there and came across the nWo: Back in Black DVD, and seen its for sale for some mad prices like $40 - $150. http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=nwo+back+in+black+dvd&oe=utf-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=14804295148503853356&sa=X&ei=19AETp7hCcuWhQeB7ejKDQ&ved=0CBwQ8wIwAQ

Is there a reason for this? And if i was to sell my copy would i be looking to get big bucks??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Just looking through some sites there and came across the nWo: Back in Black DVD, and seen its for sale for some mad prices like $40 - $150. http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=nwo+back+in+black+dvd&oe=utf-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=14804295148503853356&sa=X&ei=19AETp7hCcuWhQeB7ejKDQ&ved=0CBwQ8wIwAQ

Is there a reason for this? And if i was to sell my copy would i be looking to get big bucks??

It was released around the World Wildlife Fund case. It had the scratch logo all over it. So WWE recalled all the DVDs shortly after the release as a hasty, precautionary measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

drayme wrote: »
    It was released around the World Wildlife Fund case. It had the scratch logo all over it. So WWE recalled all the DVDs shortly after the release as a hasty, precautionary measure.

So if my copy was the WWF one, it could be worth a lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I'd say so

Its not Worth loads but its worth more then most WWE DVDS. If you put it up on ebay you would get around £18 - £25 for it tops. I haven't really seen one go for more then that.

I guess people just want it for their collection because the DVD itself is awful. Skims over their WCW run and focuses more on the nWo's forgettable 2 month run in WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Got €60 for mine on ebay there a few years ago. The general drop in dvd prices since and the fact it's out as a tagged classic mean it's probably not gonna fetch as much as it once did.

Got €60 for mine on ebay there a few years ago. The general drop in dvd prices since and the fact it's out as a tagged classic mean it's probably not gonna fetch as much as it once did.

Wow that was great price you got for it. Should have sold mine a few years ago :D

Wrestlemania 16, 17 and 18 used to go for good prices as well but not as much now with tagged classics as cherry cola said. In saying that though if anyone does want to get one of these wrestlemanias try get an original copy from ebay because the tagged classics video quality at times can be awful from experience. I haven't got any of these wrestlemanias as tagged classics though so I don't know what the video quality is like on them.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I haven't got any of these wrestlemanias as tagged classics though so I don't know what the video quality is like on them.

Having bought a metric ton of Tagged Classics for old school reviews i can comfortably say DO NOT BUY OLD WWF TAGGED CLASSICS. In addition to the picture quality being much worse, these old VHS releases on DVD are missing quite a large amount from the PPV.

For example, the WM2 tagged classic is just under 2 hours, but the WWE Anthology WM2 version is just OVER 3 hours. So I'm MISSING OVER AN HOUR! The Series '87 TC is missing 40 minutes that the WWE Anthology version has. They generally cut interviews and entrances.

The only plus of Tagged Classics is that they're WWE watermark-free

jaykhunter wrote: »

Some people will care that WM17 doesn't have Limp Bizkit. ;)

#TNA rush, TNA rush

Ridley wrote: »
    Some people will care that WM17 doesn't have Limp Bizkit. ;)

#TNA rush, TNA rush

That is brutal!

What about the Austin Vs Rock build up video for their match on the anthology set? Has that been changed? The video wouldn't be the same without "my way".

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Having bought a metric ton of Tagged Classics for old school reviews i can comfortably say DO NOT BUY OLD WWF TAGGED CLASSICS. In addition to the picture quality being much worse, these old VHS releases on DVD are missing quite a large amount from the PPV.

For example, the WM2 tagged classic is just under 2 hours, but the WWE Anthology WM2 version is just OVER 3 hours. So I'm MISSING OVER AN HOUR! The Series '87 TC is missing 40 minutes that the WWE Anthology version has. They generally cut interviews and entrances.

I think the only tagged classics I ever bought were Summerslam 98/99 and the video quality on 98 especially was horrendous. I haven't bought one since.

I have most of the 96/97/98 ppvs recorded off sky sports and I converted them to DVD and they look better then the tagged classics (slight exaggeration :D)

• Advertisement

That is brutal!

What about the Austin Vs Rock build up video for their match on the anthology set? Has that been changed? The video wouldn't be the same without "my way".

Apparently so.

I'm sure Biker Taker coming out to his (best) Ministry theme is wonderful. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Ridley wrote: »

thats so bad.
    When takers fist lift faded out and the music slowed down i thought "Oh well at least they have it kinda the same, slowing down to fit the mood" then the rock walks down the ramp... oh sweet jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Not sure why the management of Limp Bizkit just didn't let WWF use the theme song on the DVD for free. With WWF using 3 or maybe 4 Limp Bizkit songs during the early 00's, it was practically free publicity for Limp.

Not saying that WWF propelled Limp Bizkit into the mainstream, but 10 or 11 years ago watching WWF was my intoduction to Limp Bizkit as i'm sure it was for many others too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

WWE.com has released the full content listing for the DVD edition of WWE Randy Orton: The Evolution of a Predator.

Here it is below. “Evolution of a Predator” hits stores (DVD and Blu-ray formats) on September 6th, 2011 in the United States.
    ortondvdoffic.jpg

A documentary presentation showcases Randy Orton’s one year road to WrestleMania 27 with interviews, flashbacks to stand out moments in his career and a look at his personal life along the way. This is topped off by sixteen of Randy Orton’s greatest matches from 2001-2011.

Disc 1

I Am Randy Orton
    The Road to WrestleMania Begins
    Preparing for the Chamber
    Embarking on a Path of Destiny
    Training Days
    The Elimination Chamber
    Facing the Media
    The Next Diamond
    Signs of Trouble
    Dealing with Injuries
    The Legend Killer
    The Man of Destiny
    Punked Out WWEDVDNews.com
    Coming Home
    A Hard Lesson to Learn
    Evening the Odds
    The Mecca
    The Price and Reward of WrestleMania
    Making a Difference
    Dark Days
    Madison Square Melee
    Randy’s Redemption
    Axxess to the Apex Predator
    Legacy
    The Day Has Arrived…
    I Won’t Be Your Hero
    The Evolution of Randy Orton

Disc 2

Randy Orton vs. Slick Robbie D
    OVW Christmas Chaos – Jan. 31, 2001

Randy Orton vs. Hardcore Holly
    SmackDown – Apr. 25, 2002

Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels
    Unforgiven – Sept. 21, 2003

Intercontinental Championship Match
    Randy Orton vs. Rob Van Dam
    Armageddon – Dec. 14, 2003

Handicap Tag Team Match
    Randy Orton, Ric Flair & Batista vs. The Rock & Mick Foley
    WrestleMania XX – Mar. 14, 2004

No Holds Barred Falls Count Anywhere Match for the Intercontinental Championship
    Randy Orton vs. Mick Foley
    Backlash – Apr. 18, 2004

Intercontinental Championship Match
    Randy Orton vs. Edge
    Vengeance – Jul. 11, 2004

Handicap Casket Match
    Randy Orton & “Cowboy” Bob Orton vs. Undertaker
    No Mercy – Oct. 9, 2005 WWEDVDNews.com

Disc 3

Randy Orton vs. Kurt Angle
    Vengeance – Jun. 25, 2006

Legend Killer vs. Legend
    Randy Orton vs. Hulk Hogan
    SummerSlam – Aug. 20, 2006

Texas Bull Rope Match WWEDVDNews.com
    Randy Orton vs. Dusty Rhodes
    The Great American Bash – Jul. 22, 2007

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship
    Randy Orton vs. Triple H vs. John Cena
    WrestleMania XXIV – Mar. 30, 2008

“I Quit” Match for the WWE Championship
    Randy Orton vs. John Cena
    Breaking Point – Sept. 13, 2009

Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Championship
    Randy Orton vs. Sheamus
    Hell in a Cell – Oct. 3, 2010

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk
    WrestleMania XXVII – Apr. 3, 2011

World Heavyweight Championship Match
    Randy Orton vs. Christian
    SmackDown – May 6, 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Got a weird one today, XPW AFTER THE FALL.

Got a weird one today, XPW AFTER THE FALL.

I made that mistake before believing it was a documentary on the company. It's a pretty awful dvd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Where were you at 5pm today,it cost €3.99 for that and Brock Lesner in Gamestop.

Where were you at 5pm today,it cost €3.99 for that and Brock Lesner in Gamestop.

I was stuck in a lab on a sweltering hot day :(

At least €3.99 isn't too bad, think I paid around 15 and got the two after the fall dvd's and some other PPV as well.

Just another question too for people on here, how often would you buy a wrestling DVD?

Was thinking of setting up an online store for wrestling and possibly MMA DVD's but I'm not sure if it'd be worth my while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Got that TNA MCMG & Beer Money double DVD set in a pound shop yesterday for two euro! Couldn't get over it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Got that TNA MCMG & Beer Money double DVD set in a pound shop yesterday for two euro! Couldn't get over it!

In Dublin City Centre by any chance?

Advertisement