Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

True that. I reckon it was Foley's best ever match though. That's a testament to Shawn's ability. I remember reading Foley was in the best shape he had ever been so he could hang with the champ so kudos to him for delivering.

He pretty much gave up trying to stay in shape after that match too. One of the best signs i ever saw for Foley on a PPV at one stage was "Foley Is Round"
    As for Bulldog, I know what you mean. He was an important part of the 90s though, tagging with Owen, being carried by Bret & Shawn etc.. so thought he might have been mentioned. As for Owen, he was equally or more important in the 90s. His program with Bret is memorable for even the casual fan. There might be a slight bit of guilt involved in his inclusion, and I won't complain about that, but there can't be any doubt that he was a consistent perfomer and generally entertaining during his run.

The problem there, was accident or not, Owen still pretty much destroyed WWE's pet project's in ring ability in Steve Austin with that botched Piledriver. Granted Austin got himself over on character alone, but that is often seen as the sole black mark on Owen. Probably the reason why he never made it into the PWI or WO Hall Of Fame.
    BTW, no Waylon Mercy love on the disc!! For shame. Know what I mean? :p

Ah Danny Spivey, it's just too bad he got injured right after that gimmick was taking off. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭deanodrummer

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    He pretty much gave up trying to stay in shape after that match too. One of the best signs i ever saw for Foley on a PPV at one stage was "Foley Is Round"

The problem there, was accident or not, Owen still pretty much destroyed WWE's pet project's in ring ability in Steve Austin with that botched Piledriver. Granted Austin got himself over on character alone, but that is often seen as the sole black mark on Owen. Probably the reason why he never made it into the PWI or WO Hall Of Fame.

Ah Danny Spivey, it's just too bad he got injured right after that gimmick was taking off. ;)

Yeah I see what you mean about Owen. I read in Austin's book that Owen wasn't too keen on asking was Austin ok or checking up on him or anything like that. Definite black mark. Imagine the Austin we could have had if he wasn't injured? :eek:

Btw, anybody seen The Legacy of Stone Cold DVD? Bought it a few weeks ago and still haven't got round to watching.

Yeah I see what you mean about Owen. I read in Austin's book that Owen wasn't too keen on asking was Austin ok or checking up on him or anything like that. Definite black mark. Imagine the Austin we could have had if he wasn't injured? :eek:

He flat out told Owen that he wasn't comfortable with a sit down inverted piledriver because Austin knew he had no way of protecting himself. Austin had put on a degree of weight that year (about 15-20lbs) and didn't think Owen would be able to carry the move off effectively. Unfortunately, his fears weren't unfounded. His WCW stuff from 92-94 in particular is really worth digging out.
    Btw, anybody seen The Legacy of Stone Cold DVD? Bought it a few weeks ago and still haven't got round to watching.

I didn't bother with it. It didn't include a documentary so i passed as i had most of the matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Very disappointing to be honest. No interviews with anyone else, just pretty much Austin introducing each match. Most of the matches are great (Austin V Ricky Steamboat, Austin V Bret Hart) but they left out so much of his career. Didn't show his first WWF title win IIRC, barely touched on Austin and McMahon (the most thats said about it is a few minutes as a dvd extra), don't really show his return in 2000, or his appearance at Backlash which I would have expected, and it stops after WM17, even though he became a heel after that which was one of his greater periods in my opinion. Have to say I was disappointed. Like I said though, some good matches

They didn't show Austin/HBK from Mania 14? You're taking the piss, right?

• Advertisement

They didn't show Austin/HBK from Mania 14? You're taking the piss, right?

Not that I can remember. Think they only showed their match from KOTR 97 and a tag match of them against Owen Hart and British Bulldog

Not that I can remember. Think they only showed their match from KOTR 97 and a tag match of them against Owen Hart and British Bulldog

Did they not even show highlights of the match while he was introducing the Kane match? (thats criminal in itself, two crappy Austin/Kane matches on that DVD)

Did they not even show highlights of the match while he was introducing the Kane match? (thats criminal in itself, two crappy Austin/Kane matches on that DVD)

I dont know. Been a while since I saw it. I think they might have just had a few quick clips while Austin was talking, but I wouldn't call them highlights. If I've any free time tonight I might just check out that bit again just to be sure

Well that sounds pretty lame. Sure it's Austin though I'm sure it'll be decent enough. if there's enough good matches on it I'll be satisfied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Gamestop in Stephen's Green centre has the RAW Anniversary (1993-2008) DVD for €10 used. They sometimes have a few other DVDs too, usually €4 for single releases and €10 for boxes.

51H8a7mbWOL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

• Advertisement

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Gamestop in Stephen's Green centre has the RAW Anniversary (1993-2008) DVD for €10 used. They sometimes have a few other DVDs too, usually €4 for single releases and €10 for boxes.

Yeah gameStop has a good, cheap selection sometimes. Good stuff man. I would recommend to anybody to get the Raw dvd. Excellent trip down memory lane, classic Austin moments. The third dics aint great but the first 2 make up for it. Some kick ass matches on there too.. Bulldog/Owen, Kid/Hitman, Shelton/HBK.

I think it also had the Henning/Flair "loser leaves" match which I always liked. I've got it on an old compilation tape somewhere.

There's only 2 segments from 2001 though :confused:
    Maybe they wanted to avoid the Invasion fiasco but some of Austins stuff was fun.

I think it also had the Henning/Flair "loser leaves" match which I always liked. I've got it on an old compilation tape somewhere.

Yeah, it was on RAW - Prime Cuts which came out around 93-94. But it is a damn good match, it's just too bad none of us will ever get to see it from start to finish (as ad breaks are cut, but so is whatever happened during said ads)
    There's only 2 segments from 2001 though :confused:
    Maybe they wanted to avoid the Invasion fiasco but some of Austins stuff was fun.

Most of that involved Angle though, and they do everything they can to avoid throwing staff who are currently contracted to TNA. I personally think the Michaels DVD was hindered by the lack of inclusion of that Angle feud too as a result.

The tape i have the match on is WrestleFest 93 I think. There was quite a bit of cross over on some of them 90s mix tapes. I used to rent it from a Videoquest quite a lot actually.

Oh and I saw the Flair and the Horsemen DVD in one of the Gamestops. The wrestling DVDs don't seem to stay on the shelf too long so if you see something you want ye might as well jump on it.

The tape i have the match on is WrestleFest 93 I think. There was quite a bit of cross over on some of them 90s mix tapes. I used to rent it from a Videoquest quite a lot actually.

Oh and I saw the Flair and the Horsemen DVD in one of the Gamestops. The wrestling DVDs don't seem to stay on the shelf too long so if you see something you want ye might as well jump on it.

Yeah I got that one in Game Stop in Stephen's Green a while ago. Great dvd, especially for somebody who wasn't around during the Horsemen's run. Some good matches and promos on it too. They had such an impact it's phenomenal. Some great angles covered too that were ahead of their time, like following Dusty and breaking his arm.

Currently watching The Definitive Ric Flair dvd. Pretty good. Documentary part is better than the Ultimate collection but the UC has better matches so they kinda compliment each other. I'd recommend it anyways.

On a side note I'm looking to get rid of a pile of old WWF ppv's on vhs does anybody know where I could bring them or sell them cheap?

Currently watching The Definitive Ric Flair dvd. Pretty good. Documentary part is better than the Ultimate collection but the UC has better matches so they kinda compliment each other. I'd recommend it anyways.

I pretty much consider them a trilogy. Definitive for his story and some of his matches, including his grand finale, Ultimate for his best feuds in all his promotions, and the Horsemen one for all the bits missed in between.
    On a side note I'm looking to get rid of a pile of old WWF ppv's on vhs does anybody know where I could bring them or sell them cheap?

Chapters that used to be on Abbey St used to take em in i think, they've moved on again i think, but not sure where. They did have a sign on the shutters. I should be in town again tomorrow, i'll have a quick check if i'm around that way and report back to ya. :)

Chapters that used to be on Abbey St used to take em in i think, they've moved on again i think, but not sure where. They did have a sign on the shutters. I should be in town again tomorrow, i'll have a quick check if i'm around that way and report back to ya. :)

Cheers man I appreciate it. They'e good quality and everything but just a nuisance to get rid of. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

chapters is now on parnell st, much bigger than it was but a shell of the former store, ya can still go give it a shot though!

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Think there is a sign up in Chapters that they stopped taking vhs last year. Nearly 100% on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

• Advertisement

For those who didn't see this yet, they've actually done a better job this time around than they did with the Wrestlemania anthology, they got a lot of the themes back (Jive Soul Bro, Demolition, Dusty's) and didn't go completely ape on the blurring (it's still there, but not as offensive).

Worth getting. Only reason i didn't get the whole set was due to owning 99-07's original DVDs, So i got parts 1 and 2 and kept the Silvervision VHS tape of Summerslam 98 to transfer to DVD! (as it was never officially released on DVD) :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

*Deleted*
    Adverts.ie for that sort of thing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Listing for the upcoming The Best of SmackDown 1999 – 2009 DVD:
    Disc 1

Introduction by Michael Cole & Matt Striker

# 100 – The Spinner April 14, 2005

# 99 – Unlikely Merger October 31, 2002

# 98 – Here Comes the Chokeslam July 10, 2003

# 97 – A SmackDown Tradition

# 96 – Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker September 16, 2005

# 95 – Mattitude

# 94 – Show Hunters September 23, 2004

# 93 – Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero September 9, 2005

# 92 – Mr. America

# 91 – Out of Tune July 19, 2001

# 90 – Signs of Friendship

# 89 – Chris Jericho vs. Chyna December 30, 1999

# 88 – Hardcore Injury June 29, 2000

# 87 – No Way Out February 24, 2000

# 86 – Return of Piper’s Pit April 10, 2003

# 85 – Carlito vs. John Cena October 7, 2004

# 84 – Sewage Bath October 9, 2003

# 83 – The BoogeyMan

# 82 – Hulkster Returns January 23, 2003

# 81 – Triple H vs. Tazz April 20, 2000

# 80 – Bar Room Brawl January 20, 2000

# 79 – Gore! Gore! Gore! August 9, 2001

# 78 – Time to Play the Game September 23, 1999

# 77 – Rock ‘N’ Sock Connection

# 76 – Hulk Hogan vs. Chris Jericho May 2, 2002

# 75 – Gold Medal Thief August 30, 2001

# 74 – Gold Medal Auction July 29, 2004

# 73 – Funeral Fight

# 72 – Life Sucks … May 11, 2000

# 71 – Al Snow & Steve Blackman

# 70 – Batista/Rey/Finlay/Jeff Hardy vs. MVP/JBL/Kane/Brian Kendrick October 3, 2008

Disc 2

# 69 – Mr. Kennedy

# 68 – Rough Landing September 9, 1999

# 67 – Stephanie’s The Champ March 30, 2000

# 66 – Randy Orton vs. Hardcore Holly April 25, 2002

# 65 – Angle Wins Gold February 10, 2000

# 64 – New Tag Champs December 16, 2005

# 63 – Heidenreich Poetry September 16, 2004

# 62 – The Rock vs. Dudley Boyz March 9, 2000

# 61 – Lethal Dose of Poison January 24, 2002

# 60 – Parking Lot Brawl September 11, 2003

# 59 – Rey Mysterio vs. Matt Hardy June 5, 2003

# 58 – Sincerest Form of Flattery

# 57 – Superhuman Strength

# 56 – You’re Hired! April 11, 2002

# 55 – Rob Van Dam vs. Steve Austin September 4, 2001

# 54 – Edge & Vickie

# 53 – Austin Stalks DX October 28, 1999

# 52 – Debra’s Cookies

# 51 – Stinkdown!

# 50 – Team Angle vs. Tajiri / Eddie Guerrero May 29, 2003

# 49 – Rock & Busta July 11, 2002

# 48 – Fate Fulfilled December 19, 2008

# 47 – Billy & Chuck Wedding September 12, 2002

# 46 – Tribute to Eddie November 18, 2005

# 45 – Where is Foley?

# 44 – A Classic Hit September 9, 1999

# 43 – Eddie Guerrero vs. JBL July 15, 2004

# 42 – Air Mysterio October 31, 2002

# 41 – Noble & Nidia

# 40 – Kurt Angle vs. Undertaker July 4, 2002

Disc 3

# 39 – MotherSlapper March 23, 2000

# 38 – A Celebration To Remember February 19, 2004

# 37 – Big Show Returns September 9, 2004

# 36 – Sexy Kurt March 24, 2005

# 35 – Rock ‘n’ Sock vs. New Age Outlaws October 14, 1999

# 34 – Houdini of Hardcore

# 33 – Mysterio Flies July 25, 2002

# 32 – Undertaker’s Revenge September 26, 2008

# 31 – Divorce Court

# 30 – John Cena vs. Kurt Angle June 27, 2002

# 29 – Icon Destruction August 8, 2002

# 28 – Get In My Belly April 13, 2000

# 27 – Bald is Beautiful June 13, 2002

# 26 – Border Patrol April 8, 2004

# 25 – Zach Gowen / Stephanie McMahon vs. Big Show July 3, 2003

# 24 – Right Place, Wrong Time July 27, 2000

# 23 – Ultimate Opportunist May 11, 2007

# 22 – Angle vs. Lesnar September 18, 2003

# 21 – DX-plosion April 27, 2000

# 20 – Batista Forfeits Title January 13, 2006

# 19 – People’s Elbow September 30, 1999

# 18 – Edge / Hulk Hogan vs. Billy / Chuck July 4, 2002

# 17 – Kurt Kisses Stephanie August 24, 2000

# 16 – JBL vs. Dollzilla February 10, 2005

# 15 – TLC III May 24, 2001

# 14 – Blockbuster Champ November 11, 1999

# 13 – Jeff Hardy vs. Triple H April 12, 2001

# 12 – Champion Chairman September 16, 1999

# 11 – Thuganomics

# 10 – Tribute to the Troops

# 9 – Supermarket Brawl December 13, 2001

# 8 – Edge vs. Eddie Guerrero September 26, 2002

# 7 – The Rock Says…

# 6 – Funeral Crasher November 11, 1999

# 5 – Austin & Angle – Unplugged July 12, 2001

# 4 – The Pilot April 29, 1999

# 3 – The Rock vs. Triple H August 26, 1999

# 2 – The Bigger They Are… June 12, 2003

# 1 – 9-11 Tribute Show September 13, 2001

This, i'm getting! People tend to forget how good Smackdown was in 2000-2002. :)

On preorder here: http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/The-Best-of-SmackDown-10th-Anniversary-DVD-3-Discs.html

That Supermarket Brawl is classic.:)

That Supermarket Brawl is classic.:)

Austin's closing sentiment before it finished is what made that entire scene.
    "PRICE CHECK ON JACKASS!"

Also TLC III is a lot better than people give it credit for, and a damn sight better than TLC 4 was.

TLC 3? Benoit actually involved on a dvd?

They're holding themselves back by not putting Benoit matches on these DVDs. Dunno if I'll get this one, it's strange. Benoit-Austin in Edmonton was a classic. Shame.

TLC 3? Benoit actually involved on a dvd?

They're holding themselves back by not putting Benoit matches on these DVDs. Dunno if I'll get this one, it's strange. Benoit-Austin in Edmonton was a classic. Shame.

It will compliment the RAW 15th set nicely, so if ya have that, it'll be worth it.

It will compliment the RAW 15th set nicely, so if ya have that, it'll be worth it.

Yeah I have the Raw one. Actually quite enjoyed that. Some good matches on there. The last disc wasn't great though.

I'll wait and see some reviews of the SD one before I decide to buy or not. I'm in no hurry.

• Advertisement

Rise and Fall of WCW listings:
    WWE1239-front.jpg
    Disc 1

Jim Crockett Promotions

Georgia Championship Wrestling

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling

Black Saturday

The Expansion

Crockett Sells to Turner

Greatest Talent in the World

New Management

Bill Watts Era

Bill Shaw Hires Eric Bischoff

Hulk Hogan Arrives

Nitro Debuts

nWo

Cruiserweights

Goldberg

WCW Ratings Champ

Celebrities

Goldberg vs. Hogan

Mistakes Begin

Vince Russo

A Corporate Merger

McMahon buys WCW

Legacy of WCW

Bonus Features

• Lost in Cleveland

• Bill Watts Defends Himself

• Spam Man

• The Origin of Goldberg

• Bischoff Gives Away RAW Results

Disc 2

$1,000 Challenge Match
    Ric Flair vs. Magnum T.A.
    NWA World Championship Wrestling – June 15, 1985

Sting, Lex Luger & Barry Windham vs. Ric Flair, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (w/ JJ Dillon)
    The Main Event – April 3, 1988

United States Championship Match
    Dusty Rhodes vs. Barry Windham
    Great American Bash – July 10, 1988

NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match
    Ric Flair vs. Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat
    Chi-Town Rumble – February 20, 1989

The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express vs. The Midnight Express
    Wrestle War – February 25, 1990

NWA United States Tag Team Championship Match
    The Midnight Express vs. The Southern Boys
    Great American Bash – July 7, 1990

WCW World Tag Team Championship Match
    The Steiner Brothers vs. Sting & Lex Luger
    SuperBrawl – May 19, 1991

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
    Sting vs. Big Van Vader
    Great American Bash – July 12, 1992

WCW International World Heavyweight Championship Match
    Rick Rude vs. Sting
    Spring Stampede – April 17, 1994

Ric Flair vs. Hulk Hogan
    Bash at the Beach – July 17, 1994

Disc 3

Ric Flair vs. The Giant
    Nitro – April 29, 1996

WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
    Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Dean Malenko
    Clash of the Champions XXXIII – August 15, 1996

War Games Match
    Team WCW- Sting, Lex Luger, Ric Fair & Arn Anderson vs. Team n.W.o.- Hollywood Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall & a Mystery Partner
    Fall Brawl – September 15, 1996

United States Championship Ladder Match
    Syxx vs. Eddie Guerrero
    Souled Out – January 25, 1997

United States Championship No Disqualification Match
    Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko
    Uncensored – March 16, 1997

WCW Cruiserweight Championship Title vs. Mask Match
    Chris Jericho vs. Juventud Guerrera
    SuperBrawl VIII – February 22, 1998

WCW Unified World Tag Team Championship Match
    The Steiner Brothers vs. The Outsiders