Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steorn again

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Hmmm. And only a while ago, I wrote this:

My current guess is that Steorn will soon declare that they've run out of funds, and that this "best hope for mankind" will unfortunately never see the light of day unless they abandon their previous position of "no funding till we've proven ourselves", and will "reluctantly" seek outside investment to bring this revolutionary product to market. This will be necessitated in part by the unforseen technical problems that their current "demonstration" encountered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

daveirl wrote:

Source me!.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

Steorn are Muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

steorns secret revealed

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ScabbyLeg

Cancelled due to heat. They should have at least come up with a better excuse!

If the whole thing is made out of perspex, then it'll melt at something like 50 or 60ºC? Maybe hotter even. If they had any experimental experience they would have made it out of polycarbonate which is good up to at least 130ºC or something like that. How hot can these lights be?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

bonkey wrote:
    I explained that your explanation of what a law actually is is incorrect.

Yes, I do. I was correcting your understanding of what a law is, in a scientific context.
    Law in a scientific context is a statement of fact meant to explain, in concise terms, an action or set of actions. It is generally accepted to be true and Univseral, and can sometimes be expressed in terms of a single mathematical equation. they are accepted at face value based upon the fact that they have always been observed to be true.

so when i observe it to be false it will no longer be a law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

ScabbyLeg wrote:
    Cancelled due to heat.
    Oh no, no, no. The heat of a ... light bulb no less. If their wonderous infinite energy creation device can be stifled by a simple light bulb then it really doesn't deserve, eh, the light of day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Now, if only steorn could invent something that runs on bullsh!t...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Now, if only steorn could invent something that runs on bullsh!t...

They have. Their PR machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I don't know which would be more despicable, a bunch of opportunistic thieves trying to con investors out of money or or a bunch of "scientists" stumbling across a way to produce "free energy" for the world and keeping it a secret so people don't get it for free.

At the root of these free energy contraptions you'll usually find chemists or engineers. wasn't there some chemist claiming that there was energy available in lower ground states in the hydrogen atom some time ago. I think he did rather well out of it too.

If and when this comes to an end I hope they are thoroughly investigated and if they have profited from it tried for fraud so that others like them are discouraged from attempting the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Raoul Duke wrote:

Ah the smell of fresh made bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

"It was the heat, but yeah, i dont have any definitive reason, but yeah, it was the heat"

What a mumbling idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Law in a scientific context is a statement of fact meant to explain, in concise terms, an action or set of actions. It is generally accepted to be true and Univseral, and can sometimes be expressed in terms of a single mathematical equation. they are accepted at face value based upon the fact that they have always been observed to be true.

I said your assertion that it cannot be broken because it was a law was wrong.

What you've just said is entirely in agreement with what I said. It is not the case that laws cannot be broken, but rather that we have a very high degree of confidence that they will not be.
    so when i observe it to be false it will no longer be a law.
    More likely, should that happen, it will remain a law but the boundaries within which it apply will be revised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

thrill wrote:
    lol... love the duncan overtones

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just a cheeky bump for this - it just happened to get a name check in a feature on con artists and gullibility so I thought I'd look it up and see if they are ready to reset the laws of physics.

http://revolution-green.com/steorn-o-cube-delayed/ worth a read.

http://dispatchesfromthefuture.com/2018/03/update-on-steorns-spin-offs/

which takes you to http://www.hephaheat.com/ which is behind this https://www.irishtimes.com/business/fact-or-fiction-irish-firm-invents-everlasting-battery-1.2506832

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

He moved into trading cryptocurrency. Of course he did. Once a con artist, always a con artist.

Chances are he's trading someone else's money, not his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭granturismo

Just a cheeky bump for this - it just happened to get a name check in a feature on con artists and gullibility so I thought I'd look it up and see if they are ready to reset the laws of physics...
    by time travelling 11 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Just a cheeky bump for this - it just happened to get a name check in a feature on con artists and gullibility so I thought I'd look it up and see if they are ready to reset the laws of physics.

http://revolution-green.com/steorn-o-cube-delayed/ worth a read.

A con artist who used to claim he had developed a free energy machine moves on to cryptocurrency trading. Seems logical. The crypto space is filled with opportunists, conmen, and criminals. And a (decreasing in fairness) number of gullible fools willing to give them money. Never underestimate the stupidity of people involved in cryptocurrency, especially the poor bag holders at the bottom of the pyramid scheme.

This guy saw that and spotted a new opportunity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Thanks, picked up the kindle version.

I've always read every article about this that I've come across. Might as well read a full book about it.

Advertisement