Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any sign of good weather?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The PFJ looks as strong as ever, in the reliable timeframe. It still won't feck off up north. The farming forecast on Sunday will be interesting, just to see what new records are about to be formed. I have a suspicion that north Leinster and east Ulster will be approaching 400% of the monthly average. It was at 325% last Sunday.

And today's radar has been cruel aswell. Most of the country was dry this afternoon but we're drenched in showers...

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Conditions are set to improve for today on at least for southern and eastern parts of Ireland with an overall improvement for north-west europe.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn125.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

What temperature wise? That chart is no different than the last few weeks.Even though its wet it was'nt terribly cold.

You need to see a chart like this for a very warm spell for a duration
    By no means spectacular it was the best i could find with a warm southerly and lots of sun before a frontal trough brings in more moisture and sets off widespread storms;) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Some good charts coming through now, predictions of a nice high sitting over us by the weekend with temperatures in the mid twenties, ahhhhhhhhhhh bliss:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

today was the first decent dry, sunny & warmish day since the 1st week of June! I actually spent the whole day outside, had a bbq with friends, it was great! Im hoping that between now and the middle of September that there is a serious improvement over the non ending rain, cool temperatures and showers that we've had for the past 60 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Ahhh some heat & sun. Its just great.

Here's shots of some summer evening sky's ! :rolleyes:

imgp1509ig9.th.jpg

imgp1511ns6.th.jpg

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Snowbie wrote:
    What temperature wise? That chart is no different than the last few weeks.Even though its wet it was'nt terribly cold.

Temps in low to mid 20s def better than the high teens of late.

Gonzo wrote:
    today was the first decent dry, sunny & warmish day since the 1st week of June!
    Nah we had a completely dry sunny warm day down here last thursday week iirc-I got sun burned.

I hope this is a fine spell for a few weeks pepping up,I really do but I would want to see that jet move north of Ireland.
    Pressure is actually falling already here though the westerly is keeping it warm.

Weathercheck...mid 20's by the coast? have you a sea breeze barrier? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Big Tone wrote:
    Temps in low to mid 20s def better than the high teens of late.
    Of course i agree,we can call it summer then.
    24.5c is my highest temp ytd on June 12th.
    22.3c highest for the month of July.
    Not bad temps,but over a brief spell which is pretty poor by summer standards.Looks like August will top these temps in the first week at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

The People's Front of Judea? Splitters.

HA! loved that line :)

*back on topic now*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Does any one think that the end of august could be warm and sunny? Been noticing that high pressue wantsto rigde over us through the runs of late.

Would be nice. Hopefully not to warm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its looking vaguely hopfull in a fingers crossed fashion. I imagine that the best we can hope for is settled rather than any great boost in temps.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Kippure wrote:
    Been noticing that high pressue wantsto rigde over us through the runs of late.

F1 territory has been teasing us with that high pressure for a while now....and may continue to do so.

I think Chantal upset the apple cart somewhat in that I though we were in for a pattern change until she got her sting into us last weekend.

mike65 wrote:
    Its looking vaguely hopfull in a fingers crossed fashion. I imagine that the best we can hope for is settled rather than any great boost in temps.

Mike.
    I couldn't care less about heat, I'll be delighted with a lack of rain for a week. And heat could mean convective showers... :(

As for the GFS charts, I see a stalled LP just to the north of or else over Ireland from t+48 until t+216 (I didn't bother beyond that).

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn961.png. That's a pretty chart for January:( (12z chart)

At least it's a sign of a PFJ that's not over Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I'd be fairly confident of it picking up in the middle or towards the end of August. If i recall correctly this was the pattern in other years the jet stream behaved like this.

I must look into that. Pattern matching is something I haven't followed much. I hope it's right regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Mothman wrote:
    F1 territory has been teasing us with that high pressure for a while now....and may continue to do so.

I think Chantal upset the apple cart somewhat in that I though we were in for a pattern change until she got her sting into us last weekend.

It seems that in the last couple of years that the weather seems to be very sticky in terms of pattern.
    Case in point this year - gales dec/jan/feb, bone dry April , soaking June and July.
    When it does change, as it must eventually, it may well be for a while.
    I'm guessing for sunny settled late August and September with long frosty and often foggy nights in mid September onwards.

That's as close to an LRF as I'll go, tbh I put little faith in LRF's my own included!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

That's alot of rain:eek:
    http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/Rtavn1264.png
    Looks like hurricane charlie with lighter winds:eek:
    http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/Rtavn1261.png

Tht storm, which was even stronger on the 06z has now dissappeared, only to pop up again later probably.
    Showing some chilly nights atm
    http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn12017.png

• Advertisement

Yumm Yumm Results Day

Rtavn1201.png

Long way out but Shiver me Timbers!

At least i'll be drunk!!

Rtavn1269.png

Long way out but Shiver me Timbers!

At least i'll be drunk!!
    Just make sure you don't stumble onto any cruise boats:p:D

God is taking the piss! Is anyone watching Amys breasts in Big Brother? They're lit by a warm bright sun :) I'm in the drizzle and it seems to have been like that most of the summer.

Mike.

That's a monstrous LP for 15th August! I feel your pain WC:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I never thought when I started this thread that it would make such depressing reading, I never remember such a bad summer in all my life. I'm glad I went to Malta on my holidays at the start of July and stayed there until yesterday. At least I got a summer.:D

Bah to Junkyard! :)

Tis drizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzling down here and hiring a hedge trimmer is put back yet again. :(

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

I think I will get my granny, mum, aunties and uncles to pray to St Jude and put the Child of Prague statues out so that the weather will be good for Electric Picnic.. I dont want to be camping in a mud fest

I wouldn't blame ya. It's definetely not pretty.

Wednesday's LP has been downgraded on the 06Z chart, but still there's lots of rain about, and a shockingly low maximum temperature. 10 degrees is the highest temperature on that run for some parts.

And the LP is centred around the Isle of Mann for Wednesday! It won't be pretty. It looks like there'll be a respite afterwards with sunshine and showers but the PFJ isn't conducive to the Azores high moving towards us. Story of the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Think positive TBC, if this continues for another few months then winter should be interesting!
    I wouldn't bet against a Bartlett though...sods law and all that.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement