Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any sign of good weather?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Folks - I predict the weather is going to take up very soon,it'll be dry warm and sunny for weeks.

My reason for this - I bought an expensive Goretex rain jacket today :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I know I'm clutching at straws but the link below looks slightly promising for a warm dry day on July 15th! More seriously is that a proper Atlantic high pressure system I see drifting east? Please!

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/avnpanel1.html

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,533 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

This crap weather is really driving me nuts.
    Its very nippy this evening almost like a night in october.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,533 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

rc28 wrote:
    I agree, when working outside this summer it's far more comfortable than last year.
    You cant get much done when its pissing rain every day.
    I've been trying to paint my house for the last month !

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Managed to get the front garden cut yesterday after trying for the last month.

Heres a tip straight from your friendly Gardening/DIY forum; if cutting wet grass, give a healthy spray of WD40 to the underside and grass box of your lawnmower, it makes things a lot easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

ch750536 wrote:
    On hols from Sat.

10 day outlook for Tenby :
    Today
    Jun 20 Light Rain / Wind 16°/12°
    Jun 21 Rain 15°/12°
    Jun 22 Light Rain 16°/12°
    Jun 23 Showers 15°/11°
    Jun 24 Showers 14°/10°
    Jun 25 Showers 14°/10°
    Jun 26 Showers 14°/11°
    Jun 27 Showers 16°/11°
    Jun 28 Showers 16°/11°
    Jun 29 Showers 17°/12°

Unfortunately that forcast was not accurate, it was much worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Read somewhere that if it rains today, it will be the 27th consecutive day that it has rained at least once, is this a record?

If so, it looks like there will be at least a week more of it to come from weather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

ok, theyre are plenty of people out there who like to predict the weather, using ol signs such as things todo with seaweed and so on. What are they predicting?? does anyone know??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Dunno,tides gone out.:confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

There was a chap on Newstalk last week, some morning, saying that things would be bad until at least 14th July. Can't remember what whacky notion he used but something to do with broken weather around the 14th of June? And, by all indications, we're in for some wet-and-wild stuff after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looks like Friday is going to be a extremely poor day.

Certainly the possibility of flooding along southern and eastern coasts with torrential rain.

As for the further outlook it will be unsettled for at least the next 10 days, this mornings 0z does have a glimmer of hope in FI.

/me buys canoe!

Mike.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

so it looks like being bad till at least the end of July:( This has to be the worst summer I have ever experienced with cool temperatures and what seems like non ending rain. Our garden is almost unwalkable in places its so soaked. There has been very little difference between the exceptionaly mild winter we had and this June/July so far except the temperatures are a few degree's higher and there is alot more rain. We got up to 11/12C regularly this winter and so far this summer we have struggled to 15C/16C during many days. All we can hope for now is that hopefully August will turn out dryer and warmer and that an Indian Summer will come about during September:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I can remember some of the summers around 2000 were desperate. Then 2003 came along:d

Does anyone know why there are repeated zonal conditions at the moment?

Strong jet stream over us,kinda typical to Irish winter patterns.It should be futher north than where it is at this time of year alowing in the HP(azores high) to our south to come close to us but it cant with the strong jet over us.Untill that moves or shifts,well you can guess the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Snowbie wrote:
    Strong jet stream over us,kinda typical to Irish winter patterns.It should be futher north than where it is at this time of year alowing in the HP(azores high) to our south to come close to us but it cant with the strong jet over us.Untill that moves or shifts,well you can guess the rest.
    Hopefully it shifts around December;) :p

trogdor wrote:
    Hopefully it shifts around December;) :p
    Yep,but shifts southwards. in winter;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

I dunno about ye lads, but the weather at the moment is bloody depressing. I usually go off to Thailand in the winter, to escape the godawful weather here, maybe I should have booked two trips, one in Summer (It's their rainy season, but at least it's feckin warmer!) and the usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Is it good news for frogs though? If it is then I don't mind. The frogs have been having a hard time as of late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Aw bad news... thank god I'm off to Spain for 2 weeks of proper summer!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Ive definitely noticed that people in general have been more moany and in bad form over past 2 months coz the weather is getting alot of people down. Nearly everyone I know has cancelled some form of Irish based holiday/weekend away coz the weathers being so bad. Hotels/guesthouses on the coast that rely on a bit of warm sunny weather in the summer for increased tourist business most be feeling it right now. Day after day of grey skys and rain isnt what makes everyone happy. Alot of people say weather is boring and they dont care what its like but im a firm believer that it really does effect peoples attitude if theres too much of any one weather type.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Gonzo wrote:
    Ive definitely noticed that people in general have been more moany and in bad form over past 2 months coz the weather is getting alot of people down. Nearly everyone I know has cancelled some form of Irish based holiday/weekend away coz the weathers being so bad. Hotels/guesthouses on the coast that rely on a bit of warm sunny weather in the summer for increased tourist business most be feeling it right now. Day after day of grey skys and rain isnt what makes everyone happy. Alot of people say weather is boring and they dont care what its like but im a firm believer that it really does effect peoples attitude if theres too much of any one weather type.
    Totally agree - it really effects mood.

I'm meant to be off to Co. Clare for the weekend, but at least 5 days of rain is forecast and now I'm not bothered about going.

Posts,threads merged into this here.

Understandably alot of moaning going on about the weather atm.
    So keep the moans and groans here and only here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoplus/twoforecasts/forregdaily.aspx?country=ei

I'm sure records will be smashed with the rain that is going to contuningly come until at least July 28th :(

so much for global warming :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

Well, how about "climate change"?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

Tchocky wrote:
    Well, how about "climate change"?

Thats aload of crap aswell, it hasnt changed much in the last few months

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Snowbie wrote:

Combine the lower strong jet stream with the effects of La Nina, the cooling of the Pacific, and the knock-on effects are felt around the globe!

Big Tone wrote:
    Combine the lower strong jet stream with the effects of La Nina, the cooling of the Pacific, and the knock-on effects are felt around the globe!
    In theory and only in certain parts of the globe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoplus/twoforecasts/forregdaily.aspx?country=ei

I'm sure records will be smashed with the rain that is going to contuningly come until at least July 28th :(

so much for global warming :rolleyes:

continous unnatural amounts of rain is a symptom of global warming or climate change you moron

• Advertisement

Play nice!

Jonny Arson may even have been a bit ironic by emphisising warming

Mike.

Advertisement