Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any sign of good weather?

Options
  • 20-06-2007 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

Is there any sign of an improvment in the weather?:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sunset

What about yesterday? If you read all the recent posts you will see that there is great enthusiasm for real weather drama -thunderstorms, lightning displays, torrential rain and swirling wind. That really gets the adrenalin going.

LoL sunset

lashing here in arklow again this morning at a rate of 14mm/hr

It seems like drizzle compared to yesterdays 110.7mm/hr during the thunder :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Couldn agree more Sunset,one flash of lightning here in Dublin and this board went into meltdown from us Dublin folk,its great.A bit of excitment for a change.Wonder what would have happened if we had a storm here.

Ditto Tristrame nearly 80mm for the month here too while some parts of the UK have had over 200mm for the month and most of that fell last week to yesterday.

Dont mean to hijack the thread on you Junkyard but here's hoping for more potential storms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Snowbie - feck off! :p I want sun sun sun! Some heafy showers this morning. :(

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Snowbie - feck off! :p I want sun sun sun! Some heafy showers this morning. :(

Mike.
    lol,a bit of variety now and again does'nt hurt,besides there is less chance being burnt from lightning than from the sun:eek: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

On hols from Sat.

10 day outlook for Tenby :
    Today
    Jun 20 Light Rain / Wind 16°/12°
    Jun 21 Rain 15°/12°
    Jun 22 Light Rain 16°/12°
    Jun 23 Showers 15°/11°
    Jun 24 Showers 14°/10°
    Jun 25 Showers 14°/10°
    Jun 26 Showers 14°/11°
    Jun 27 Showers 16°/11°
    Jun 28 Showers 16°/11°
    Jun 29 Showers 17°/12°

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Nothing very encouraging on the charts atm for good weather here
    Some good weather here though;),
    http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/europe_forecast_7days.asp?locationID=1676
    leaving on the long drive(no, you can't drive accross water i know, ferries aswell) down to corsica on the 27th:p. You can have overcast and cool conditions for the next month with absolutely no thundery activity:p. I'll be out in the sun in Corsica and the Alps with thunderstorms and maybe if i'm really lucky a few spouts. Enjoy your summer:p. Just one more exam and i'm free:D
    EDIT: Just remembered, Tristrme can't reply to this post, i'd love to be goin to Florida:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

sunset wrote:
    What about yesterday? If you read all the recent posts you will see that there is great enthusiasm for real weather drama -thunderstorms, lightning displays, torrential rain and swirling wind. That really gets the adrenalin going.
    :( Not for me it doesn't, not at this time of year anyway. I'm sh*t sick of rain tbh, it's wrecking my head as well as everything else. I'm off to Malta in 2 weeks anyway so to hell with this climate I say.;) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Heavy rain, thunder, lightening, warm(ish) temps, nature exploding with greenery..this is what summer is all about, I'm loving this summer so far :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭arctictree

Longfield wrote:
    Heavy rain, thunder, lightening, warm(ish) temps, nature exploding with greenery..this is what summer is all about, I'm loving this summer so far :)

Would be nice to have a sunny day though!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

not very impressed with this summer so far! Way too wet and cool for my liking, nowhere nearly as good as last summer so far altho we did get a very nice April. Hoping things improve soon and that July, August and early September will bring warmer,sunnier fortunes:)

16.53hrs of maximum sunshine possible for today on the summer solstice and i recorded 23mins of sunshine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

thats 23 minutes more sunshine than i got today! The cloud didnt break once today, damp and rainy all day and even tho it was longest day of the year it started gettin dark at 10pm coz it was so grey and drizzely:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

On that note, where can I find out the light-up times for every day, without having to buy a paper? And the same for the dawn and dusk times.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sunset

Oh dear, Junkyard. So you're off to Malta. I am so sorry. Did you know that the June monthly rainfall record for Malta was broken this year - in the first three days of the mont!!! Floods, torrential downpours, thunderstorms... Malta is just the place. I went for a week a couple of years ago and it rained and rained. One of the problems there is that in many new developments they didn't put in any street drains. When thundery rain occurs boats are more usefulthan cars. I would expect the chances of sun in Ireland when you are away are pretty good!

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Do any of you rain lovers ever go outside? Summer is supposed to be about getting out and getting some sun and getting rid of the milk bottle skin. I HATE this goddamn weather. It sucks. It's miserable, depressing and is NOT what summer is supposed to be about. It's no wonder this country has such a high rate of suicide and even higher rate of holiday goers. I blame Bertie!

So were getting our overdue April showers in June,temporary glich,it will turn nice again by next month and the humidity will rise and pollen levels will soar with people in bits needing days off work,headaches from sneezing snots and tears,complainig about sunburn, argument levels go through the roof,hose bans, praying for more rain and we get it and were back to square one.I blame Bush!:D

hope it changes soon, so far all of May and most of June has been a cool washout except for one decent week near the start of June. I want to have my barbecue weekend and so far no sign:(

just looked at http://www2.wetter3.de/ and the cool weather continues for at least another week taking hold of the northern half of Europe with the warm weather pushed far south even more than usuall.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Not to bad down here in Tramore, hasnt really rained. Bright and sunny and warm enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

sunset wrote:
    Oh dear, Junkyard. So you're off to Malta. I am so sorry. Did you know that the June monthly rainfall record for Malta was broken this year - in the first three days of the mont!!! Floods, torrential downpours, thunderstorms... Malta is just the place. I went for a week a couple of years ago and it rained and rained. One of the problems there is that in many new developments they didn't put in any street drains. When thundery rain occurs boats are more usefulthan cars. I would expect the chances of sun in Ireland when you are away are pretty good!
    Thanks for that sunset but I'll take my chances, just spoke to someone who's just back from there and they said the weather was first class.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

please tell me, what are the predictions, is this going to be a nice summer when it stops raining, when is it going to stop, any predictions??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

As the above poster asked, is there any light at the end of the tunnel?
    The 10 day forecast last night predicts no change in current conditions. That takes us to almost the third week in July. Ffs!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

There is no sign of good weather for the forseeable future (at least for another week) and the signs are not good for July right now. Just going to have to grin and bare it I suppose.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

okay simple as its FREEZING outside
    when oh when will this weather stop!?????
    comon please anybody i cant take it
    like dont get me wrong i like interesting weather but its not interesting its drizzle wind and plain cold

comon anybody :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The wind that shakes the barley was whistling through the closed front windows earlier. It about 10c out there I'd say.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Speak for yourself, I'm loving this summer so far, stuff is actually happening!!

Boring days of nowt happening = not interested and scratchy nether regions, this summer is my idea of a perfect summer!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Its not that cold out there, just windy, something a bit of hard manual labour will cure very quickly..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Its not that cold out there, just windy, something a bit of hard manual labour will cure very quickly..;)
    I agree, when working outside this summer it's far more comfortable than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Yeah, it's nice weather for doing gardening and other manual labour and it's not really cold either. It's just those damn drizzles that come along that are a bleedin nuisance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

LFCFan wrote:
    Do any of you rain lovers ever go outside? Summer is supposed to be about getting out and getting some sun and getting rid of the milk bottle skin. I HATE this goddamn weather. It sucks. It's miserable, depressing and is NOT what summer is supposed to be about. It's no wonder this country has such a high rate of suicide and even higher rate of holiday goers. I blame Bertie!

Call me crazy but I find this weather great for taking an evening swim in the Atlantic ocean. Once you get past the initial brrrr factor and take the plunge it's great;)

Advertisement