Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lurvely

I passed October 12 2007, only started driving July 1 2007 so was chuffed!! I couldnt do it in my own car either, the airbag light was on (its faulty) so i did it in the instructors car..he charged me a fortune for it too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

I PASSED :D
    Today in Longford. Delighted. Second time to do the test, failed last time for hitting a kerb on the reverse around the corner, but only had 3 or 4 grade 2s. Went fine today, got 4 grade 2s again (2 for going too fast around corners in wet conditions) but no bother really. So fricking/delighted relieved i couldn't explain :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niamh86

Hey

Long time lurker, first time poster. Been reading the board the last few weeks to prepare for my test today.

Wuhooooooooooooooooo i passed this morning in Ballymun. 2 Faults altogether. so relieved its over.

So thanks for all those who gave advice (to other people, which i stole), its much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I passed today in Cork, the Wilton centre. It was my second time doing the test. I didn't start a thread this time around because I didn't want to tell anyone in case I failed, but thanks to everybody who gave me advice the first time around anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Passed in Tallaght SGS, 1 grade 1, 4 grade 2. I fooked up in the turnabout a little and wrong lane on roundabout should have stopped at it also, ass opposite sped up to take a right turn and I should have stopped. But hey I passed it all that matters now. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

Passed in deansgrange absolutely delighted. People there are way sounder than the ones in rathgar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

passed in carlow today. :)

It was with sgs, the tester was brilliant, never even seen him marking down anything..
    5 grade 2s and 3 grade 1s..either way! it's passed.. :):):)

and now you know..no I don't drive a v6 :P haha..

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sabrina99

passed today in toughers naas, absolutely thrilled, first time doing it.
    had 3 grade 2s, and few Grade 1s. Tester was nice and I wasnt nervous because had no real expectations, was totally dreading the Reverse though but it went fine and did it fairly early in the test.started driving last summer when I got 10 lessons and in the last few weeks did another 6 and they were well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

4th time lucky! :D
    I passed today in Thurles, only 3 grade 2's and 1 grade 1.
    That was such a complete turnaround to a month ago when I failed with 13 grade 2's. I still won't believe that I'm no longer a learner driver till I have my full licence in my hand complete with the usual dodgy mug shot. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Passed in Dun Laoghaire!! Whoo hooooooooooo :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

LadyE wrote: »
    Passed in Dun Laoghaire!! Whoo hooooooooooo :D

Well done. You can change your sig to something more upbeat now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Fizzy86

Passed this morning in Dun Laoghaire!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭thecoolfreak

Passed in Dun Laoighaire today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

First time lucky for me :)

Thrilled.

Was in SGS Ballymun (Northpoint). I was so convinced I'd failed as soon as it began as I stalled coming out of the centre (was someone turning in that wasn't indicating so I didn't know if he was turning into the NCT centre or heading on down to park his car where a lot of people seem to past the gate so hesitated pulling out). Kept thinking that was it so I think it kind of relaxed me a little because I thought I couldn't do any worse than stalling...

Had a final lesson before hand with Independent Motoring School who were great and gave me two very last minute appointments and went through every potential route the tester could have brought me on. Can't praise them enough.

Tester in SGS was very friendly, much more than I thought he'd be and his supervisor was in the car too which I think might have relaxed me more

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Passed in Arklow SGS over the moon! thanks to everyone for there tips and advice :)

Bernard.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Electric

Passed in Carlow with SGS. Was my third go so I guess third time is the charm.

Don't think it's really sunk in yet! Am soooooo happy!!!!

Big big thanks to everyone who posted on Boards about how to reverse around a corner

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

Passed this morning in Rathgar, my second attempt!!! :):):):)
    So delighted as was really nervous bfh but the tester was a lovely guy, very professional but really nice with it.

Thanks a million for all the advice on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

OMG FREEKIN GOD....I FREEKIN PASSED!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

first attempt! only had 8 hours of proper driving experience.

:D:D:DI PASSED:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

w00000000000000t!! Passed today at SGS Galway! Driving since August, only had 4 lessons! Well pleased!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Aiffy

Passed today out in Swords!

Cannot believe it as there was a SERIOUSLY hairy moment at the 5-exit Dublin road roundabout where this w***er blew me off the road for exiting the RIGHT way...but I'm not bitter.

Did it with SGS and the tester was an absolute pet; when he found out I lived in Clontarf he wanted to know all about Gerry Ryan and Joe Duffy and all the "celebs". What a nutter.

I've been keeping an eye on these threads for a long while so thanks to all for the great advice!

And the very best of luck to everyone still waiting xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 MissL

Just passed in Sligo. Absolutly delighted!! I got a really clean report, not one fault! :D
    Did it with sgs and the tester was really sound, really put ya at ease!
    Was on this site for ages lookin 4 advice so thanks 2 everyone who posted!;)
    And also good luck 2 anyone who is still waitin 2 do their test!! Its not really as bad as you'd think!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭chicoben

Yo passed today in Ballymun! Tester was a sound guy and not clinical or anything! Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Thanks to the dude who put up route maps for ballymun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 siobhcc

Hi, I passed today in Youghal- no faults at all cant believe that!!

Anyway I did do a lot of practice in the last week so Im really glad that it paid off. I looked up the Youghal test centre beforehand and didnt find much about anyone doing the test there- I know its not a permanent centre but to anyone who is doing the test there its very manageable- just get plenty of practice in and get some lessons from someone who knows the area- the hardest thing is that there are so many houses in the estates that you do the maneuvers in but once you are familiar with them you know what to expect a lot more.

So relieved now anyway!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sbhatia

First of all i m really have a gr8 feeling to join this list.
    Passed today in Tyllerstown, first time with 2 grade 2 faults, only driving from last 6 months. really happy. Thanks for all the helps guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Passed in Tallaght (Broomhill) today. Hurrrraaayyy!!! :-D

It was my first attempt and got over with. Great feeling.

Picked up 7 grade 2 faults, anymore and I would have been in danger zone :)

Bottomline is - I PASSED, who cares how ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Passed this afternoon in Dun Laoghaire!
    Really chuffed as it was my first attempt at the test!

The SGS guys are really friendly, and the guy I had (John, I think) made small talk and a joke or two which *really* helps shake off your nerves about the test!

My reverse around a corner was crappy - it was onto a hill, and the car could have run away with me so lots of clutch control needed. I bumped the kerb and thought 'Oh crap...i've failed' but the examiner said I could try it again, and I nailed it.

Got about 6 grade 2 faults, 4 for clutch control and 2 for observation (on the reverse round corner and turn about). He said the clutch thing was understandable as I was not driving my own car in the test.

The fact they mark on a palm pilot is really good, you don't notice them marking stuff off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Passed today in SGS Galway!

Got a really nice girl tester so needless to say I spent my time trying to charm the pants off her. Must have worked!

....or I'm just actually a competent driver...

...nah :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

passed in dun laoighaire on last friday! i am lovin postin in this thread! tester(thomas) was reserved but really sound and was delighted for me when i passed! I didnt know the route at all but i found it fine! i had a stressful time before the test when i realised i had 2 brake bulbs out!! rushin round to get that done and in in centre 5 mins before my test started!! he brought me onto 2 roundabouts and i think i didmy turnabout in foxrock. He brought me onto the dual carriageway but it was no biggy.

i got 3 grade 2's which i was delighted about! I asked him what were my faults and hesaid not much! i stopped too far(about a metre) from a traffic light, i got 1 hand signal wrong and something else....

there was 3 passes in a row when i was out there, good luck to everyone else doing it!!

woooo full licence!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭RoseBlossom

MissL wrote: »
    Just passed in Sligo. Absolutly delighted!! I got a really clean report, not one fault! :D
    Did it with sgs and the tester was really sound, really put ya at ease!
    Was on this site for ages lookin 4 advice so thanks 2 everyone who posted!;)
    And also good luck 2 anyone who is still waitin 2 do their test!! Its not really as bad as you'd think!!;)

Hey MissL!

Congrats! How long were you waiting to get called in Sligo? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Aiffy wrote: »
    Passed today out in Swords!

Cannot believe it as there was a SERIOUSLY hairy moment at the 5-exit Dublin road roundabout where this w***er blew me off the road for exiting the RIGHT way...but I'm not bitter.

Did it with SGS and the tester was an absolute pet; when he found out I lived in Clontarf he wanted to know all about Gerry Ryan and Joe Duffy and all the "celebs". What a nutter.

I've been keeping an eye on these threads for a long while so thanks to all for the great advice!

And the very best of luck to everyone still waiting xx

Well done, I'm up there tommorow

Advertisement