Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Boo Ya passed first time in kells got no marks too:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

I was told the only other routes are Mayfield and Mahon.

Yeah I was told this as well. I did my test today for the first time...I passed:cool:, I did the little island route.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

Passed today in Wicklow:DBrillant pre tester I had:)
    4th time lucky,but got there in the end.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭redcar

Congratz fellow pass-the-test-in-Wicklow person!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

redcar wrote: »
    Congratz fellow pass-the-test-in-Wicklow person!:D

And you too ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭mthd

passed in tralee at 8:25 this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Danny_Mc

Passed the other day from the new place on Pottery Road in Dún Laoghaire.
    My examiner was being examined at the same time....bit of a squeeze in my wee 2 door Nissan Micra!

Only been driving for under a year and had two pre-test lessons ...<SNIP> ... worth checking out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Woot! Passed today on first attempt at the new SGS centre in Galway (Ballybrit Business Park). I got three grade 1 and two grade 2 faults so was pretty happy overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Just in from doing the test and I passed.

I got one Grade 2 mark,it was on my reversing around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mmr

Passed in Toughers in Naas, super nice examiner. made me feel completely at ease. Good luck to anyone taking it soon. They all seem really nice in the SGS centre in Naas/newbridge.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Finally done it! One grade 1 and one grade 2 for Signals when Overtaking. Did it at SGS in Pottery Road and had a really sound tester. I was convinced I'd failed for the way I handled a roundabout and I nearly died when he said I'd passed.

Big shout out also to Better Drive. Peter is a brilliant instructor, very sound, knows his stuff and put me really at ease for it. I'd also recommend him especially for anyone like me who's been driving a bit. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

Well done Red Alert!!!
    Have seen some of your other posts so i know how happy you must be!

Happy driving!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Red Alert wrote: »
    Finally done it! One grade 1 and one grade 2 for Signals when Overtaking. Did it at SGS in Pottery Road and had a really sound tester. I was convinced I'd failed for the way I handled a roundabout and I nearly died when he said I'd passed.

Big shout out also to Better Drive. Peter is a brilliant instructor, very sound, knows his stuff and put me really at ease for it. I'd also recommend him especially for anyone like me who's been driving a bit. :)

Passed

thank jaysus
    Same place
    As above convinced I failed as was nervous. Thank gawd!

What do you need to apply for main license and do you need to get form from Gardai?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

chump wrote: »
    Passed

thank jaysus
    Same place
    As above convinced I failed as was nervous. Thank gawd!

What do you need to apply for main license and do you need to get form from Gardai?

Congrats to everyone so far.

As for forms, just the cert of competency, 2 passport sized photos, signed on the back, your provisional license and the correctly completed form (available as pdf online or from any tax office)...oh and 30 odd quid for 10 yr license.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,958 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Wertz wrote: »
    the correctly completed form (available as pdf online or from any tax office)
    Generally not available online as there is an adhesive part which must be signed and is then attached to licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

passed yesterday in the pottery road centre, first time. am delighted. If anyones doing the test there i posted the route i did in this thread. on my result sheet its called route 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭beanyb

I passed today in Churchtown. Delighted! I completely fecked up reversing around the corner, but in the end I only got 3 grade 1's and 4 grade 2's. Bye bye L plates! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭philcsl

I passed today in Churchtown today too, had a bit of a scary moment at 4.30 when I realised I was in the wrong test centre (Rathgar) and drove like a maniac up to Churchtown to make it there for 4.35!! - thankfully that wasn't spotted by the tester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

Passed the test first time :)
    Jamestown testing center.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Passed today at Deansgrange! 3rd time lucky :P (1st time had barely been driving a month, 2nd time did very well but got 1 grade 3 fault for turning right) Tester's name was Linda and she was lovely, had 1 pretest with John in ISM, very nice. Hooray!

PS, I picked up the form from the Gardai for applying for the full license. Is it possible to post it in or do I have to actually call in to a Motor Taxation office? Anyone know where the nearest office to Portmarnock is? cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Bu11et_Proof

Passed today in Waterford, cant believe it :D. Did make a bit of a cock up with the controls but I guess he knew I was nervous. Only made 4 blue, 1 green faults.

I done the test from the NCT centre near the estate. This was with my second time did it ages ago when there was no third party companies doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AB03

Passed in tallaght this morning, had no pretests nor lessons ever in my life.
    Been driving for 2 or 3 years but basically started driving new & second hand imports at the docks the moment I got my licence.
    I left after a few months but in that time I drove thousands and thousands of cars, amg mercs, landrovers, micras, trucks, skylines, imprezas, lexus hybrids, buses, tractors, anything and everything.

My instructor was a nice bloke, down to earth easy to get on with, simple instructions, very unobtrusive.
    Friendly aswell, we werent 100% silent, had some chat and banter etc...

I honestly think the fact that I went into this with no preperation and no real expectation to pass, really really helped.
    I wasnt in any way nervous and didnt care if I didnt pass (hadnt spent one penny preparing so why would I?) so therefore didnt worry.
    Id recommend this approach!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

AB03 wrote: »
    I honestly think the fact that I went into this with no preperation and no real expectation to pass, really really helped.
    I wasnt in any way nervous and didnt care if I didnt pass (hadnt spent one penny preparing so why would I?) so therefore didnt worry.
    Id recommend this approach!

Congratulations on passing AB.

I think for most people some preparation would be a good idea though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Just passed to, can you get your liscence same day if you go to the motor taxation office?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

Passed on Friday in Dun Laoghaire! Don't really know why I was so apprehensive before hand! As my instructor (brilliant Tom from Shankill) have his number if anyone wants it; said just concentrate and you'll be fine! Spent 1 half hrs in the morn driving around the 2 poss routes and practiced the basics!

Test went fine nervous for about 5mins but I have to say the tester made me feel very at ease compared to Churchtown where I actually got into an argument half way through. On Friday he used the palm pilot so you really have no idea if you’re being marked etc! After the 5mins I just thought concentrate and it'll be grand! Made grade 2 errors, 2 for speed stupid really, as he said after nobody's perfect! The route in the above post is 90% correct apart from the last bit instead of taking the right we took a left at the top of Sallynoggin Rd and the a right down Johnstown Rd and then right onto Pottery Rd!

kinkstr wrote: »
    Just passed to, can you get your liscence same day if you go to the motor taxation office?
    Not usually but some Cork regulars claim that the MTOs do it down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 robck1

Passed today with SGS on Pottery Road :)
    Second time lucky, real sound tester and i had a RSA tester examiner in the backseat aswell which was weird.

Thank God i never have to do the driving test again :D

daiixi wrote: »
    was sure I'd failed. Extremely happy because it was my first test! :)
    thelas wrote: »
    Passed today in Finglas
    hamsterboy wrote: »
    Passed Last Friday in Galway City
    Yay, I passed 1st time on Tuesday
    Passed in Wicklow town yesterday
    brendor wrote: »
    Passed in Little Island this morning
    Passed!! Yes!! In Shannon
    Boo Ya passed first time in kells
    Bettyboop wrote: »
    Passed today in Wicklow
    mthd wrote: »
    passed in tralee
    Danny_Mc wrote: »
    Passed the other day from the new place on Pottery Road in Dún Laoghaire
    ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    Woot! Passed today on first attempt at the new SGS centre in Galway
    bobcar61 wrote: »
    Just in from doing the test and I passed
    mmr wrote: »
    Passed in Toughers in Naas
    Red Alert wrote: »
    Finally done it!
    chump wrote: »
    Passed
    noblestee wrote: »
    passed yesterday in the pottery road centre
    beanyb wrote: »
    I passed today in Churchtown
    philcsl wrote: »
    I passed today in Churchtown today too
    Wook wrote: »
    Passed the test first time :)
    Jamestown testing center
    Dublin579 wrote: »
    Passed today at Deansgrange
    Passed today in Waterford
    AB03 wrote: »
    Passed in tallaght
    spiderdan wrote: »
    Passed on Friday in Dun Laoghaire
    robck1 wrote: »
    Passed today with SGS on Pottery Road
    Congratulations everyone, well done and safe motoring. The learning begins now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,407 ✭✭✭✭cson

Passed today in Birr. Seriously thought I'd failed. All was going well until he asked me to do the reverse manoeuvre... I'd practised it a hape of times... But I still managed to kerb it. Hit off the kerb whilst reversing (Locked too much) thought that was it and I was totally relaxed for the rest of it. Tbh, I'm kinda proud of myself that I dug in, I seriously thought that was it when I hit the kerb reversing, but I didn't give up and got a really pleasent surprise when he said I passed. Only four grade 2's. Here's to a lifetimes happy motoring. :)

P.S. Thanks to boards for the various bits of motoring advice :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Lewe

I passed yestersay in the sgs in tallaght.like cson i also hit the kerb on me revers turn....so i thought i failed but in the end i passed....Hahahahaha i'm only 17,driving 10 months and didn't even do it in me own car hahaha....i'm chuffed:D:D:D

Advertisement