Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Zoned

Woohoo :D

Passed in Pottery Road this morning...7 months a drivin...

Very nice Tester, made me feel at ease

Had a few mistakes but not enough to fail..

Route 1.... https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/103462/51647.jpg

Z

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MissL

Hey MissL!

Congrats! How long were you waiting to get called in Sligo? :confused:

Hey RoseBlossom, thanks very much! i wasn't waitin long at all, probably about 2 months (prob less can't remember:rolleyes:) I think waitin times are still droppin in sligo so it shouldn't be long to wait if your applying for yours!;) Good luck with it anyway, don't worry its not THAT bad!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Passed in swords, few minor mistakes but all in all i'm cuffed to bits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Rabbits

I passed up in Ballymun.Was very worried as i had a accompany supervisory tester sitting in the back.Got one grade2.and 2 grade 1s.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,835 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Mrs unkel passed her test last Friday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,958 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

unkel wrote: »
    Mrs unkel passed her test last Friday :)
    So you'll let her out for a rip in the Porsche! :D

That Malahide roundabout outside Pavillion,can be very tricky and dangerous.You could mess up a driving test on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Passed today in Dun Laoire! Had a supervisor in the car with the tester so my nerves were terrible at the start of the test... Overall I think I drove much worse than I normally would, but I passed by the skin of my teeth so who's complaining! L plates have been ripped off the car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

The odds were against me, but i passed on Friday in Tallaght. was well deloyreh and exoyreh

to the tax office tmoro for my girly license :p

woo!

Well done.The supervisor tester is grand.Once they do not try and talk to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

Passed today in Dun Laoighre. Delighted! Really messed up my hill start at the very start coming out of the test centre, but the tester was cool about it. Only ended up with 3 grade 2s in the end, so an improvement of 10 on the last time. Also had a supervisor with me, but he was fine.

Yippee!

Does anybody find when you pass the test,and remove your L plates you tend to get more respect on the roads?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Unfortunately yes, I always try and make a special effort to let a learner out or give them a break if they're stalling or the like. Good karma and all that.

Rabbits wrote: »
    Does anybody find when you pass the test,and remove your L plates you tend to get more respect on the roads?

More respect or a lack of disrespect?

I have never used L plates.

What sometimes makes me nervous is when i stall or go into the wrong gear.Since i have no L plates anymore,other road users tend to get annoyed.Does any body think a system of applying another sign to your car,after passing your test be good?Just to let other road users know you have just passed,and still learning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Passed my theory on second attept on Monday! :D:D:D Got 38, first time got 32. Was bad though, I had locker 13, computer 13 and was taking ages deciding what the answer to one wuestion was half way through. Made and (educated) guess and resigned myself to failing it. But was delighted when they said I passed. Not bad seeing as I have only been here 2 years and am still thinking in MPH!. Also you have a lot of different things here, like only 2 lanes on a motorway, tax, nct & insurance disk checks, and speed limits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Grenoble

Just passed in Dun Laoghaire this morning! So happy. Had put off doing it again for so long and just didn't turn up to last test. Such a relief to get it. Tester was lovely and she had a supervisor in the back. It was all down to my instructor, Brian from Accelerate Driving school. That man was so patient and practical. Even emailed me list of possible questions and graded me as per test! Yipeeeeeeeee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Jar_421

Woot, passed yesterday in sgs swords. second try for me. i felt a lot more comfortable and relaxed with the tester than i did the last time, but i was sure that i had failed it as i though i did horrible compaired to my first test. can't complain though, a pass is a pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 I8poop4U

Just passed in Raheny on my third go. Thought i messed it up again on the reverse. While doing it i ended up on the wrong side of the road and nearly hit a skip :o Anyways he must have been in a great mood as i had no faults at all :eek: I'm so so happy now. Best feeling ever :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 nobbelynoo

I just passed in Swords today, I can't believe it! This board helped me so much, I'll be telling everyone about it! The tester was very nice which calmed me down during the rules of the road and signs part of the test. I was soooo nervous during the driving part. I'd practiced a certain route over the weekend and we didn't go near it hehe When we came back to the centre I sat there with my heart racing waiting for him to say I'd failed and when he said "Well done", I nearly died!

I must say, the atmosphere in the Swords SGS centre was so much better than in Finglas when I did my first test 4 years ago. All the testers were laughing and joking with each other and with us in the waiting room which helped break the tension.

I can't wait to get me a pink licence!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Hey I passed in the Finglas RSA test centre middle of March, with no faults, sorry about the delay in posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I passed in Nenagh yesterday with SGS. I had a very nice female tester who put me totally at ease and was very clear giving instructions. Just got 3 grade 1's and 1 grade 2. This was my second time taking the test. I got 10 grade 2's with the RSA back in December. The only thing I did different this time was make much better progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Embol

:D
    Yeah!!!! Past my driving test in Finglas at yesterday! The tester was really nice....

Was my first test and I'm only driving 6 months so I was very nervous. Made some ridiculous mistakes - I was totally convinced I'd failed.

If anyone wants a recommendation for lessons in Finglas, PM me... the fella I was with was brilliant, so patient and encouraging....

all in all got 6 grade 2s, but it doesn't matter now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Just passed in Tallaght!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Parnassia

Passed today in Dun Laoghaire SGS!

Second attempt, as failed in Churchtown in October.

Hurray!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Embol

Feel free to move this if it would be better in a different thread.

I was just PMed with a few questions about what happenned in my driving test so here's the answers in case anybody else wants a look.

I did my test in Finglas RSA centre, Here's some of the questions I can remember for u:

In the centre before we left, he asked me some road signs, then these questions:

Q. When is it ok to overtake on the left?
    A. When the person ahead is turning right, when you intend to turn left and in slow-moving lanes of traffic when the left lane is moving faster then the right.

Q. What are the rules of a yellow junction box?
    A. Do not enter the box unless your way to leave is clear, the exception is when you want to turn right - you are allowed to move out into the junction to wait to make your turn.

Q. What would you do if you were driving at night and you were dazzled by the headlights of an oncoming car?
    A. Slow down and stop if necessary, avoid the dazzle by looking at the verge of the road, and always watch for pedestrians and cyclists on your side of the road. (I left out the bit about the pedestrians and cyclists but I don't think I got marked down for it)

Q.What is the minimum safe tyre thread depth?
    A. 1.6mm

Then we went out to the car and he checked the indicators and brakelights were working and got me to pop the hood- then he asked:

Q. How would you check the oil?
    A. Point to the oil dipstick and say - I'd take out the dipstick, wipe it clean and put it back in, then take it out again. If the level is between the min and the max then it's ok.

Q. How would you check the engine coolant?
    A. Point to the engine coolant and say - I'd check the min and max gauge.

When we got back into the car he asked me some of the secondary controls - How would I spray the windscreen, how would I turn on the lights.

Ya I got an instructor from ISM, they have a branch in Dorset Street Dublin 1, and they will collect you from your house. The guy i got my lessons from was John, he was really good, v patient and he won't overload you by trying to teach you everything at once! Any of the ISM instructors will give you a list of possible questions you can be asked on the day, and will take you through exactly what happens.

I also did my test in the driving school car, I've been told that doing that makes a good impression on the tester coz they will think you have been getting lessons all along and ur not some boy/girl racer! smile.gif I don't have a car anyway so i had to do it....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I passed today in Ballymun SGS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Passed today in Galway SGS BallyBrit
    Lovely Lady instructor, very calming, professional and curtious,
    Some questions were:
    1.What are Double Yellow lines for.
    2.When do you dip your headlights.
    3.How do you approach and enter a roundabout.
    4.Rules for using "Michelangelo's Box" (Dont Enter it unless you can clear it,unless turning right)
    Usual under the bonet stuff, wheres the engine coolant,how do you measure it.Checking the Oil etc.
    Also checked the secondary controls in car,wipers,brakes,rear window heater etc.
    All in all,as nervous as I was she was great I must admit,took me out 10 minutes early due to back log but traffic was lighter, very clear concise directions and instructions on the reverse around corner and 3 point turn. 9 thumbs up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 geezer.ryan

past the theory test yesterday, scoring 36 of 40 sat the test in 10 minutes :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 missyteabags

yay!! I just passed!!!!:D Was sooo nervous, like i put on the wipers when she was checking the indicators!!!:o thank goodness i didnt let the nerves get the better of me.:)

Advertisement