Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Bull76

Hi,

Passed two weeks ago with SGS in Naas.:) Thanks to everyone who uses this site, found the questions and answers very useful.
    A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 RuthieBaby13200

:DHey all, congrats to everyone, i did my test on Monday morning 28th 8:50 in Tallaght SGS, the guy i got Dave was a gentleman, such a nice guy, wasnt that nervous considering was my first time, but he still made a few jokes and chatted in the test centre- puts ya at ease!, went tru Tala village, balrothery for the rev, turn about in glenview, had never been in there before?! (hit the curb, but handbrake straight on and acting super cool, even tho was convinced id failed!) then up the bypass, on to the Airton rd, and bk to the centre!!!

So delighted i passed its such a brilliant feeling especially as it was my first time, and i'm only driving a few months properly!:D

Guy i did my pre tests with is a totally legend!!:):cool::p

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

passed this morning in SGS finglas... 4th attempt (in 6 odd years) so delighted to have it out of the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TrialVersion

Passed today in Galway with SGS (Ballybrit Centre)!

Delighted! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Passed with SGS Tyrellstown today, first time. Delighted !!

Driving since january and it went along nice and smoothly. Also there was even a garda checkpoint during the test, which I thought was funny as in the 5 months driving on a provisional I had never been stopped once or encountered a check point. During my test I encountered a check point :rolleyes:

3 Grade 2's.

What a relief to have it done :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ramm

im so thrilled !
    sat my test in raheny yesterday and got through it all with just 1 mistake. made a stupid error and chose wrong lane in first minute of test coming through main junction of raheny so drove the whole rest of the time panicing that he marked me a grade 3. luckily it was my only grade 2 fault.

the tester was formal and quite reserved but i have to say not rude or aarogant so i definitely was lucky in that department. his name is mr storey if that helps for any others soon sitting their test there.

the route was a very odd one, not anywhere i had driven on my lessons but luckily i had driven around the areas before so i knew it a little. had a very bad experience with an old lady learner driver who got stuck in front of me, and also a learner moped cyclist who didnt go after 2 sets of green lights at the awful right turn/yellow box junction in raheny ! my hill start/turnabout/reverse went fine.

i didnt have to do any checks under the bonnet but was asked about checking brake/indicator lights and handbrake not working, and 2 questions about tyres !

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭OrangeDaisy

Passed in Little Island friday morning....1st time taking it got 7 grade 2 faults but hey i'm a fully licenced driver now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,958 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Passed in Little Island friday morning....1st time taking it got 7 grade 2 faults but hey i'm a fully licenced driver now :D
    Congratulations :D

Unless you've managed to get to you local MTO and acquire the licence on Friday after your test and before the Bank Holiday weekend, you are not a fully licenced driver.

You are deemed to be competent in the category tested and have been awarded a Certificate of Competency. This certificate is required to enable you to apply for driving licence in the relevant category. In the meantime you are obliged to adhere to the limits of you provisional driving licence. ;)

Good luck and welcome to boards.ie. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭OrangeDaisy

Congratulations :D

Unless you've managed to get to you local MTO and acquire the licence on Friday after your test and before the Bank Holiday weekend, you are not a fully licenced driver.

You are deemed to be competent in the category tested and have been awarded a Certificate of Competency. This certificate is required to enable you to apply for driving licence in the relevant category. In the meantime you are obliged to adhere to the limits of you provisional driving licence. ;)

Good luck and welcome to boards.ie. :)
    Thanks :D went straight to the motor tax office after my test....here in Cork they make up your new licence for ya straight away and hand it over the counter tis the job!!

Thanks :D went straight to the motor tax office after my test....here in Cork they make up your new licence for ya straight away and hand it over the counter tis the job!!
    Well done - please ignore above post!

(I can never understand why they do that in Cork when the other MTOs insist that it must be posted out to ensure the address one gives is more likely to be the proper one).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

Sooooo happy to be posting here!!

Passed today in Baldoyle. Had a tester called James who was lovely and really put me at ease. Proud of myself cos i drove really well and didnt let my nerves get to me!!

Cant wait to get my pink license in my hand....heading to MOT first thing tomorrow!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jackets

Just passed today in the SGS Pottery Road centre! Such an amazing feeling after failing 3 months ago in Deansgrange...only 1 grade 2 on the sheet. Tester was very friendly and put me at ease. Good luck to anyone doing their test there in the next few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

(I can never understand why they do that in Cork when the other MTOs insist that it must be posted out to ensure the address one gives is more likely to be the proper one).

Kilkenny MTO gave me mine 20 mins after passing the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

Passed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

Passed my test Monday first time :)
    Want to get my licence soon as I'm heading away. Left the forms for my mother to post it but forgot to sign the photos, does it have to be my signature or just my name on the back of the photos ??

spideog7 wrote: »
    Passed my test Monday first time :)
    Want to get my licence soon as I'm heading away. Left the forms for my mother to post it but forgot to sign the photos, does it have to be my signature or just my name on the back of the photos ??

if you have proof that your traveling outside of the country soon most MTO's will make up your licence for you in 15 mins

Yea I've heard conflicting stories on whether or not they'll just hand it to me, ah I'll head in next week and tell them I'm going away, if I get it good and well, otherwise I can get someone to send it on to me.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rumplestiltskin

just passed in galway!! thrilled. my advice is be very busy looking in mirrors, get a few lessons 3-4 to get rid of any bad habits you have picked up, know the test area well to avoid nasty surprises and above all be confident in your own ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Got it last friday! Can we post in for the license, or do we need to go into the motor tax office in person?

spideog7 wrote: »
    I'll head in next week and tell them I'm going away

you need to bring proof - like your airline ticket

• Advertisement

just passed in galway!!
    Congratulations! :)
    my advice is be very busy looking in mirrors
    One can be penalised for overusing mirrors! ;)
    know the test area well to avoid nasty surprises
    The examiner may have to depart from the set routes for many reasons such as severe congestion, roadworks, accidents, flooding etc.. Those who spend all their time going over established routes may get a "nasty surprise" if the examiner diverts from it.

ztoical wrote: »
    you need to bring proof - like your airline ticket

Airline tickets?? Do airlines actually still issue paper tickets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rumplestiltskin

i said know the test area well not just the test routes;)

i said know the test area well not just the test routes;)
    You did indeed - my apologies! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

passed first time yesterday!!!!!

sgs in tallaght, lovely place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I passed this morning with SGS in Kilkenny. The tester was so friendly. He had an inspector with him in the car which made me felt a tad uneasy at the start but I just ignored her and got on with it. I was really really nervous all week and even more so this morning, but now I am so relieved that its all over, especially since how traumatic it was for me to get behind the wheel in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ValleyoftheDoll

Passed today in Ballymun, third time lucky, never thought I was going to get there, I get so nervous, I caould hardly sign the cert at the end my hand was shaking to badly :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Passed last Tuesday in SGS Dun Laoghaire.
    Have to say, it was my second time doing it and the guys are more professional and down to earth than the previous RSA guys.
    Tester made me feel more comfortable that I felt I was more giving a lift to someone rather than being tested.

Was a lovely hot day too. :)

As far as getting the new licence, I went up to the MTO on Wednesday and had it posted out to me Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

PASSED!!!!! :D yesterday in baldoyle sgs centre!!!! I am so over the moon! :p I burst into tears when he told me that i had passed have to say the tester was absolutely lovely!!
    My second time, had my first test in march in raheny and i didnt even feel comfortable driving after! shattered my confidence!! Tester was narky narky man and this time was totally different!

Can't wait to get my pretty pink licence!!!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Passed 9:15 this morning in Rathgar (Orwell)

went ok i guess.

:D

Advertisement