Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

Carnacalla wrote: »
    This new Guinness ad with the gay welsh rugby player, I completely support the message but cannot help think of Little Britain everytime I hear it and it completely ruins the ad :(

I think the gang one is worse. WTF is Guinness playing at? they make booze, the ads do nothing to reflect Guinness, except at the end and I find them really patronising.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

Grid. wrote: »
    Find most of the Irish adverts sickeningly smug and pretentious.:rolleyes:

Made by people for people who go into tine, drink gin and ton tons and hino, have kids with unpronounceable irish names, go up an octive at the end of every sentence and their bible is that god awful thing on on tv3...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

In mexico every time i watch a few videos on youtube this fecker appears on screen.

The Voltarol Gel ad
    Earlier today my husband was in so much pain he could hardly move
    Now he's mincing around the dance floor like he's off his t!ts
    Did he drink the gel? I want a divorce
    deadly...:D

SIXTEEN million! That's 5.3 million quid for each letter deleted. I wonder how much it'll cost to get rid of the other three...

AH HERE!!!

They could up grade every home along the rd to south korean broadband standard for that..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Diane Selwyn

Thargor wrote: »
    Theres a one with a vampire aswell, they are physically painful to listen to and they go on for so long. In the same vein theres a rhyming song about controlling the heating from your phone which is just as annoying in the exact same way.

Having an awful jingle is almost acceptable but the long-winded fickin rhymes from the likes of Irish Ferries, McDonalds, McCains and so on (and on and on) just about drive me to distraction. Is there some glitch with the Irish psyche that makes this drivel successfully sell product? Just stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

We Know Our Farmer s

Five years in and Liam Delaney is still the only farmer that McDonalds know...

I'm amazed Liam has so much time for mending fences and saluting glow-in-the-dark attired cycling nutbags as they pass down his boreen 17 abreast, since he must be supplying every McD outlet in the country single handed.

[Afterthought] Surely they also knew old McDonald who had a farm - probably even related.

duridian wrote: »
    We Know Our Farmer s

Five years in and Liam Delaney is still the only farmer that McDonalds know...

I'm amazed Liam has so much time for mending fences and saluting glow-in-the-dark attired cycling nutbags as they pass down his boreen 17 abreast, since he must be supplying every McD outlet in the country single handed.

[Afterthought] Surely they also knew old McDonald who had a farm - probably even related.
    There's not a whole lot of meat in a maccy d burger..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Turtle_

Aaaaahhh lianz

Fcuckers.

denlaw wrote: »
    There's not a whole lot of meat in a maccy d burger..

Trace amounts. It would be somewhere between cobalt and selenium in the ingredients list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

I hate any ad about school or banking.

The Aldi ads with the kids. Actually, any ads that use kids, it's twee and irritating, like we don't get bombarded with enough crap about peoples kids on social media.

That one where they just put (English) kids' voices on a bunch of adults in a boardroom is enough to do my head in. It's worse than those Opel Zafira ads from 10 years ago mentioned in post #1.

Think it's for some kind of horrible gummy bear type of sweets, and ad is always on at a strangely late hour, in the middle of VinB or something. (Basically dessicated snail's creep with some sugar and dye added as far as I can see.)

duridian wrote: »
    That one where they just put (English) kids' voices on a bunch of adults in a boardroom is enough to do my head in. It's worse than those Opel Zafira ads from 10 years ago mentioned in post #1.

Think it's for some kind of horrible gummy bear type of sweets, and ad is always on at a strangely late hour, in the middle of VinB or something. (Basically dessicated snail's creep with some sugar and dye added as far as I can see.)

Yep, that ads weird alright, but I think Flora takes the award for most inappropriate kids ad with the weird slant on sex. Mummy and Daddy 'wrestling' in bed and the friend thinking mum is 'fit' while she coyly covers her boobs. Creepy.

Oh god yes, those Flora ones are definitely treading well into creepy and inappropriate territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

The Radio Ads for Ray Darcys new TV show. Christ

Any ad with Celia Holmean Lee. It was bad enough when it was just Optilase, but now I have to see her before every ad break when I'm watching Downton Abbey. FFS, the woman's career as a model ended decades ago, and at the risk of sounding nasty, at this stage the camera is almost out of the room to cover her wrinkles. Come on advertisers, she's had her day, find someone a few decades older and Optilase, she's an elderly woman laser eye surgery is a bit fecking pointless at her age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I don't actually despise this iD ad... but, to me, the pick 'n' mix sweets look more like egg salad in a dustpan when viewed from a distance. :o:o:o:o

CMEe8TNW8AAM0-V.png:large

• Registered Users Posts: 11,172 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Any ad with Celia Holmean Lee. It was bad enough when it was just Optilase, but now I have to see her before every ad break when I'm watching Downton Abbey. FFS, the woman's career as a model ended decades ago, and at the risk of sounding nasty, at this stage the camera is almost out of the room to cover her wrinkles. Come on advertisers, she's had her day, find someone a few decades older and Optilase, she's an elderly woman laser eye surgery is a bit fecking pointless at her age.

It'd make you wonder too about her credentials as a model scout if she has had to have laser eye surgery recently :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭hesker

Home Instead Senior Care: To us, it's personal

That jingle. Cringe almighty.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,602 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I despise Exposé. I only mention it here, because it is of course, just ads, in between standard ad breaks.

• Advertisement

I don't actually despise this iD ad... but, to me, the pick 'n' mix sweets look more like egg salad in a dustpan when viewed from a distance. :o:o:o:o

Giving me the longing for pic'n'mix now.......Damn you!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

This is a Geezer
    This is a Sneezer
    This is a Crowd Pleaser :mad:

Download Deezer for Freezer... :mad::mad:

That has to be somebody with no idea what the software does, or doesn't care, and focussed entirely on the name.
    It's a TELEVISION ADVERT!!
    I presume their target audience (for the TV advert) are people that don't know what it is.
    The advert doesn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

mark_79 wrote: »
    Those new 'Eir' adverts are pretentious as ****. Ooh, look at us and how Irish and wonderful we are.

**** off you ****. You have to be the most clueless and incompetent company in this country and by Christ that is one serious, serious achievement.

Agreed. Not only is the rebranding to 'Eir' utterly retarded but the ad itself is also an insufferable abomination.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

This new Listerine ad, OMG.
    What's up with the woman awkwardly smiling in the office? It just makes me want to turn off the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,172 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I genuinely think most of the Meteor Extras ads are clever.

But the one where he tries to get a seat in a restaurant really, really, really annoys me. From the Maitre'D with his ridiculous haircut and creepy voice, to the line of "in vogue" people in the queue, to the restaurant setting in general. Every damn thing.

It's the sort of the pretentious, no doubt over-priced, hipsters paradise I would avoid anyway. If I was him I'd be using my "fame" to score in Coppers after a feed of chips anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Radio5

The Strawberry Alarm clock ad. I don't live in Dublin but I gather it's a breakfast radio show and the ad is supposed to show people listening to the show. Yet there are no traffic jams and chaos and no sign of people packed onto the Luas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Orio, sweet Jesus!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I have to mute the tv for that ad. It's so bloody irritating anyway, but her voice is so grating as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

I like the banjo playing canary, it's dark and comical at the same time, although he is a sinister looking bastard.

Good aul' Ding Dong Denny O'Reilly.

All together now, "Flow river flow, f*ck off to the sea..!"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement