Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

The Gladstone Brookes one with the guy telling you you may be due PPI compensation. Apart from the annoying head on him, he says "There's a mountain of money being put aside by banks to pay back PPI possibly missold to you and I."
    IT'S TO YOU AND ME FFS who the hell was in charge of writing up your advertising? It grates on me so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The AXA ad on the radio,

"The house insurance is up" she says
    "well bring it down" he says.

frickin irritating now...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The San Miguel ad, it's so over dubbed its ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

'I've always kept it local', stupid Lidl ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Hipster lady who thinks there's a 'soooootan freedom' about shopping at TK Maxx. Bullshiz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭cozar

AIB supporting brave ... It's the accent also homecare something about sharing a love of music with another pretend "posh " accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

The Lucozade ad 'only for the home countries' do they not want sales in the rest of the world? Even more laughable since England are out, I haven't seen that 'England Giants' one since either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

LynnGrace wrote: »
    'I've always kept it local', stupid Lidl ad.
    That's a brilliant ad,very funny 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Prepaid Power/80's ad.

Great casting.... 'Mom & Dad' couldn't have been older than 10 when they had their first child.

patmac wrote: »
    The Lucozade ad 'only for the home countries' do they not want sales in the rest of the world? Even more laughable since England are out, I haven't seen that 'England Giants' one since either.

I wouldnt let that sticky sugary shít inside my body and cannot comprehend how athletes or would be athletes could do so either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Turtle_

The one for 48 that's all over this site, flickering away, making me feel sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

The new VHI ad where she talks about getting "really bad back problems" abroad. Sounds like she's talking through her nose.

Do VHI purposefully pick people with obnoxious voices for these ads? They've all been terrible.

Also the one with the laughing/smarmy dentist telling us we should use Sensodyne or else the sensitivity will come back... duh! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Valentina wrote: »
    The new VHI ad where she talks about getting "really bad back problems" abroad. Sounds like she's talking through her nose.

Do VHI purposefully pick people with obnoxious voices for these ads? They've all been terrible.
    Took the words right outa me mouth-I cannot stand the way that one talks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,993 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Valentina wrote: »

Also the one with the laughing/smarmy dentist telling us we should use Sensodyne or else the sensitivity will come back... duh! :rolleyes:

Health Insurance companies have more advertising budgets than the tobacco companies did in the time directly before the advertising bans.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Id hope the **** who came up with that "Puddin on the Ritz" dancing ad gets stabbed. Same for the Crash Bang Boomerang Heiniken ad, probably the same person who did the other ad where the smug ***** gives a walking tour of Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

I hate the H & M ad,probably mainly because I've always hated poncey-boy Beckham.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The Scrum together add for Dove, where Cian Healy says "If you can belt out your national anthem" ah hello.....it's not sung at the world cup, (or the flag flown)so ya cant belt it out...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Steve & Rachel
    Rachel & Steve
    Steve & Rachel

Feck off neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Sponsor a Child in Ethiopia, a Lynx in the Canadian Rockies, A tree in the Brazilian Rainforests or an Orphaned Elephant in Kenya.. :(
    All of those adverts are taking the p*ss with their slow piano music in the background, but today I saw one that steps up a level..

Sponsor a cat like Chester..
    "Hungry, Homeless and Alone....
    ....It's easy to become a sponsor right now, for as little as 26cents a day."

"To start off your journey as a gullible fool, you'll receive a fantastic welcome pack including a personalised certificate, your very first photo introducing you to the lovely cat you're currently helping to care for in your pen, a photo album to collect all your photos along the way and a window sticker!"

hG7FDtJ.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

The Orchard Thieves ad, bunch of waNktards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,884 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

There are a lot less duds on British TV than on Irish TV, but a few ones stand out like Oakfurnitureland and their painfully cringeworthy attempts at humour - or as I'm sure their marketing department would call it, "bants".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

The Orchard Thieves ad, bunch of waNktards.

What station is the Orchard thieves ad on as I've never heard it the curiosity is killing me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

That AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArnotts radio ad with the ****ing **** of a **** who keeps interrupting the woman with his stupid questions. Everyone involved with this crime against humanity should be locked in a cage with some starving dogs and let nature take care of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

selous wrote: »
    The AXA ad on the radio,

"The house insurance is up" she says
    "well bring it down" he says.

frickin irritating now...

Way worse is the way he goes "Get in AXA". One of those nonsense lads expressions nicked from English soccer fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

I don't know why but I hate this man.

Hate that advert where the Dublin guy is fixing a washing machine, that awful incomprehensible Dublin slang speak, holliers and togs !!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Hate that advert where the Dublin guy is fixing a washing machine, that awful incomprehensible Dublin slang speak, holliers and togs !!!!!!

I like that one....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

jca wrote: »
    I like that one....

:)
    Indeed, for me it's in the 'so bad it's good' camp

The petit filou ad with the child lecturing the adults. Her voice would shatter glass.

• Advertisement

Oh and the two lads on the train, they look to me like they were overcome by fumes, rather than two lads happy with the fares they got.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement