Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

denlaw wrote: »
    I'm glad someone from south county Dublin won the lotto, the accent's in the new ad...

An ad on Irish tv featuring someone speaking in a South Dublin accent?No way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

mark_79 wrote: »
    I'd love to stick his stupid ****ing ET head under water until the bubbles stop.....

That's harsh on poor little E.T. :o:o:D;)

PANews%20BT_N0227791375581289729A_I1.jpg

selous wrote: »
    The tunes to a lot of adds on Radio Nova,
    The Lux Dent, G.P now and the auto mechanic one, the tune to each one must have been reallllly cheap to buy.

And let's not forget, at the top of every hour:

"It's Noyeks Newmans - kitchens, floors, decks and doors!" :o:o:o:D:D:D;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

"It's Noyeks Newmans - kitchens, floors, decks and doors!" :o:o:o:D:D:D;););)

Put right there alongside your username, that's my evening destroyed with those jingles in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

The new Oreo ad with the Big Bad Wolf. Indescribably annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Theres a one with a vampire aswell, they are physically painful to listen to and they go on for so long. In the same vein theres a rhyming song about controlling the heating from your phone which is just as annoying in the exact same way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Thargor wrote: »
    Theres a one with a vampire aswell, they are physically painful to listen to and they go on for so long. In the same vein theres a rhyming song about controlling the heating from your phone which is just as annoying in the exact same way.

Ooh that one is pretty bad too. He sings it in a way that sounds like the lyrics don't quite fit the melody and it's all a bit "we're awkward and kooky and fun" but it's just annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I saw one last night for Laya Healthcare. It was in a survey I was doing on line so I don't know if it's on TV.
    A guy reading out stuff about how customers don't have to worry about the Lifetime community rating. He's standing in an open plan office with employees working in the background. At the end, there's some god awful dance music and the employees stand up and start dancing at their desks like a bunch of knobjockeys. YUCK.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

Saw one for an SUV last night, Hyundai I think but the internets aren't helping me at all. An SUV driving around a studio with a platoon of synchronised dancers of the type that clog up "Britain's Got Talent". Jesus but it went on for what seemed like centuries of unending tedium. Rather like Britain's Got Talent really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

New lotto ads are on the whole time and every person on it is an annoying prick. Maybe one day the smug ****er sitting at the pool table might fall into the pool and hit his head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Did anyone see yesterday a 5 minute advert (well it was more like a mini programme between ads) around 7:30 on RTE featuring the below in some sort of weird kiddish version of the Olympics?

(a) Jimmy McGee
    (b) A sheep
    (c) A puppy
    (d) A kitten
    (e) A toddler

Or did I just dream it up! Was very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

The one where that príck dances around the posh do after rubbing some voltarol on his back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Any advert to do with Fleetwood wood, would fleetwood just get off the airwaves before I kill the radio :mad:

Brennan's bread is another ad that kills my head, with that drunken auld bowsy old Mr Brennan.

Both amature adverts stuck in the 1970s, awful.

LordSutch wrote: »
    Brennan's bread is another ad that kills my head, with that drunken auld bowsy old Mr Brennan.
    Not as bad as that pathetic "Ill take you back, back to the days" crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Trilla wrote: »
    Did anyone see yesterday a 5 minute advert (well it was more like a mini programme between ads) around 7:30 on RTE featuring the below in some sort of weird kiddish version of the Olympics?

(a) Jimmy McGee
    (b) A sheep
    (c) A puppy
    (d) A kitten
    (e) A toddler

I've seen that a few times. I think it was originally made for one of the latter-day incarnations of the Den, and RTé seem to stick it on to fill the odd five-minute gap. Truly bizzare, just putting it on without any context.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

Trilla wrote: »

(a) Jimmy McGee
    (b) A sheep
    (c) A puppy
    (d) A kitten
    (e) A toddler

People watch RTE??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

GDD84 wrote: »
    I love Steve and Rachel. I would love to get to know them

I read this Facebook status ". Steve and Rachel. Rachel and Steve. Arsehole and cvnt. Cvnt and arsehole."

....googled "rachel & Steve" and ended up here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People watch RTE??

I rarely do. Embarrassing channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Those nauseating kids one upping each other with what their dads can do, especially the one who says well my Dad can get 6 apples from 50p from Aldi. As soon as the adcomes on it gets muted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

That strawverilla yogurt with those dim witted children.

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    Those nauseating kids one upping each other with what their dads can do, especially the one who says well my Dad can get 6 apples from 50p from Aldi. As soon as the adcomes on it gets muted.

How that ad went beyond conception stage is beyond me. For a German company, there was a big shortage of vorsprung durch technik here. More like Vorsprung dirt shítnik

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I read this Facebook status ". Steve and Rachel. Rachel and Steve. Arsehole and cvnt. Cvnt and arsehole."

....googled "rachel & Steve" and ended up here

That rachel girl needs a good ole rogering!

Faith+1 wrote: »
    That rachel girl needs a good ole rogering!

You wont have me as competition. Cant take her seriously after that ad. She'll just have to bring her A game to her next gig to seduce me in the future :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

Those Vhi ads with all those smug twats really saying " ha ha can afford health cover and you can't na na na"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

This new Guinness ad with the gay welsh rugby player, I completely support the message but cannot help think of Little Britain everytime I hear it and it completely ruins the ad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

That new Cadbury's ad on Youtube with all of the tw@s dancing around a hairdressers. It puts me off my food, never mind their chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I had a woman on a bus this evening

Badly disguised I just got laid post

• Registered Users Posts: 15,084 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

The f#ckin carbon monoxide ad, with the "Dubliner" canary.

It's just weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

The f#ckin carbon monoxide ad, with the "Dubliner" canary.

It's just weird.

There is just no logic to that add, is it supposed to be a pisstake. . . . Who knows!!! it's not something that a normal person would joke about either, as I said before. . . There is a job in advertising for all of us if this is the best they can come up with

• Advertisement

Theres an airline ad with Ryan Gosling who's not the famous actor and its so cheesy and weird it looks like something the Apprentice candidates came up with. I assume its supposed to be a comment on how an ordinary Joe can travel in style like a famous actor? But ordinary Joe Ryan Gosling looks like a model or celebrity himself so it makes no sense whatsoever.

Also do you really want to pay double Ryanairs price for drinks and snacks on the 60 minute hop over to London?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement