Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

Pharmaton, the only tablet with ginseng G 115..... How the flip do I know what ginseng G 115 is!!!! idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 10,841 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

TheBully wrote: »
    Pharmaton, the only tablet with ginseng G 115..... How the flip do I know what ginseng G 115 is!!!! idiots

Well, apparently you're not missing much...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20737519

CONCLUSIONS:
    We found no evidence of additional benefits, nor attenuation of acute effects following repeated ingestion of Panax ginseng (G115).
    Copyright 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I like the banjo playing canary, it's dark and comical at the same time, although he is a sinister looking bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

That new Cadbury's ad on Youtube with all of the tw@s dancing around a hairdressers. It puts me off my food, never mind their chocolate.

Just saw it tonight. Terrible, but also worth noting, Since it's takeover, they call it 'Cadberry' in the ads.
    Cadberry chocolate. :mad:.

The really sh*t Vodafone advert, with the guy that puts up a screen for his dog and and then rubs his nose like a dog, smirks, then lies down, as does the dog on the other seat..

It's shi't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Faith+1 wrote: »
    That rachel girl needs a good ole rogering!

Name?

• Advertisement

Name?

Rachel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Saw a new one recently. One for kids yoghurt ice cream or something, where they all choose differnet animal shaped ice pops. An annoying curly haried kid at the end says something (which escapes me now!) that deserves a box in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Add on Nova for a mulch company.... "We owndley use killin dried ash" hmmm,
    actually, a lot of the adds on Nova..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

selous wrote: »
    Add on Nova for a mulch company.... "We owndley use killin dried ash" hmmm,
    actually, a lot of the adds on Nova..

"It's Noyeks New..."

Oh, sorry. :o:o:o:D:D:D:D:D:D;););)

"It's Noyeks New..."

Oh, sorry. :o:o:o:D:D:D:D:D:D;););)

FUUUUUUUUCK OOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,853 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Why did Compare The Market have to drop the first ten seconds of their ad with Arnie? Now that the ad starts with Alexandr saying "these things are now!" it just seems to have lost its flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

"Zoobeezoo zoobeezoo zoobeezoo zoobeezoo, zoobeezoo zoobeezoo zoobeezoo zoobeezoo, zoobeezoo zoobeezoo zoobeezoo zoobeezoo, zoobeezoo zoobeezoo zoobeezoo zoobeezoo, zoobeezoo zoobeezoo zoobeezoo zoobeezoo, zoobeezoo zoobeezoo zoobeezoo zoobeezoo, zoobeezoo zoobeezoo zoobeezoo zoobeezoo...."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭Dickie10

anyone see the new ad for Meteor Extras or something for the phone company, theres an egit on a red carpet going to a movie premier but hes only an extra, he grabs the limelight etc. but what i wanna know is who is the very hot, katy perry lookalike thats supposed to be the interviewer,?? christ shes unreal she looks really like katy perry when katy perry is looking classy, shes savage brown eyes as well , cant believe shes irish

Dickie10 wrote: »
    anyone see the new ad for Meteor Extras or something for the phone company, theres an egit on a red carpet going to a movie premier but hes only an extra, he grabs the limelight etc. but what i wanna know is who is the very hot, katy perry lookalike thats supposed to be the interviewer,?? christ shes unreal she looks really like katy perry when katy perry is looking classy, shes savage brown eyes as well , cant believe shes irish

Dunno who she is. The guy himself was in Love/hate. He played a guy called Brian who ran Nidge's and before that John Boy's, 'Shebeen' bar

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Shes more Georgia Salpa than Katy Perry...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,407 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

those new lotto ads are doing my head in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Keep seeing these Lotto billboard ads with this punchable looking beardy twat sitting on top of some kind of home made tank/armoured car contraption.Please don't tell me he features on TV ads as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

colm_mcm wrote: »
    those new lotto ads are doing my head in
    Living the dream Andy...

If they play them as much as the auld one and the Grand Canyon you need to brace yourself now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Oh the bloody Aldi byebyebyebyebyebye wan is back. I hate that ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

smilerf wrote: »
    Those Vhi ads with all those smug twats really saying " ha ha can afford health cover and you can't na na na"

I hate those ads. The one who was 'in her own baaaaaaaad' (bed), makes me want to kick the tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Sounds
    EMar Sounds

Think I'll never ever!!!! eat an orio again.
    And don't start me about that skittle pox ad omg.
    And those lidl ads with the Irish moms... my god, reminds me of bosco.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

TheBully wrote: »
    Reminds me of the old ads with the yoghurt that had L Casei Immunitas (sp.)... You're suppose to think, wow that's great... But WTF is it? Holy communion in latin?

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Find most of the Irish adverts sickeningly smug and pretentious.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Sounds
    EMar Sounds

I think anyone that allows crap TV ads to represent their business, twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Carnacalla wrote: »
    This new Guinness ad with the gay welsh rugby player, I completely support the message but cannot help think of Little Britain everytime I hear it and it completely ruins the ad :(

100% agree with this , what is it 1980 all over again ,i am a gaa man and in fairness when sunday game pundit donal og cusack came out nobody really batted an eyelid , nobody really cared , every one went about there business as normal he had his own tv program about other countries that refused to show the same awareness ( not sure if many watched that either ) made russia look fairly stupid in the process and every one moved on

in soccer when john terry cheated on his wife every one taught he was a c**t , when gareth evens cheats on his wife and kids he become's a saint ???

i genuinely taught we crossed this bridge years ago but i think the add is aimed at the british audience where it is still seen as a taboo issue, to be fair this is'nt my field but that is what it would seem

• Registered Users Posts: 7,356 ✭✭✭jmcc

The Oirish Flora advert with the Dortspeak/wannabe English effort instead of Irish voiceovers. Irish people are more than familiar with English accents and don't need some really bad wannabe voiceovers.

Regards...jmcc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭mark_79

Those new 'Eir' adverts are pretentious as ****. Ooh, look at us and how Irish and wonderful we are.

**** off you ****. You have to be the most clueless and incompetent company in this country and by Christ that is one serious, serious achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

mark_79 wrote: »
    Those new 'Eir' adverts are pretentious as ****. Ooh, look at us and how Irish and wonderful we are.

**** off you ****. You have to be the most clueless and incompetent company in this country and by Christ that is one serious, serious achievement.
    €3m to change name and yet tge **** wont come down our country rd and upgrade the 1950s phone line...

denlaw wrote: »
    €3m to change name

SIXTEEN million! That's 5.3 million quid for each letter deleted. I wonder how much it'll cost to get rid of the other three...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

The Aldi ads with the kids. Actually, any ads that use kids, it's twee and irritating, like we don't get bombarded with enough crap about peoples kids on social media.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement