Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Every Heineken ad with some smug asshole in a suit running around having wacky adventures, its always the music thats the worst thing about them, like the current one keeps saying "Crash Bang Boomerang" over and over again, cannot stand them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

jmcc wrote: »
    That f*cking AIB "brave" advert, again.

Regards...jmcc

I hate these ads and as already mentioned, they are misleading. One of the few enjoyable things about the worst of the recession years was not having to watch this type of tripe. Most ads now seem to be bank or insurance ads and the rest seem to be plain silly.

Them stupid ridiculous ads for Cadbury's chocolate "...I Can Boogie..." really piss me off,and not just because I hate the song.And now we have Louie Walsh lookin like an absolute muppet

These are stupid in the extreme. I haven't watched the Louis Walsh one (who will be next on it? Tubridy?) but have seen the earlier ones with idiots swirling around on chairs in an office.

I never heard this song until now. I assume it is some 1970s revived and revamped 1940s boogie woogie standard. But whatever way, this ad would turn one of the song and the product!

Worst 4 ads for me:

1. The farmer and the fox.
    2. I can boogie.
    3. Brave
    4. Rachel and Steve/Steve and Rachel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Worst 4 ads for me:

1. The farmer and the fox.
    2. I can boogie.
    3. Brave
    4. Rachel and Steve/Steve and Rachel.

The first Rachel and Steve ad was funny whereby the 2 lads suddenly went looking for martgages when they discovered Rachel was moving in. But they've lost the joke in the newer ads.

The farmer and the fox was interesting the first time I saw it, but every time you turn on the telly that feckin ad is on.

Just seen that Digestives ad with the music from Fawlty Towers and the creepy looking cats. WTH?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

What happened with the Rachel and Steve add, it's the other guy who looked for a mortgage in the first add when Steve said she was moving in, (unless he got it and moved, leaving them) As for the new guy next door, that would only encourage you to rent first to see what your neighbours were like, not buy.
    what bank is it for again??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Its ridiculous, if you're renting and you dont like the new neighbours that move in you just go "Oh Ill just buy a house instead", who does that? Does the bank think that's how its customers think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

selous wrote: »
    What happened with the Rachel and Steve add, it's the other guy who looked for a mortgage in the first add when Steve said she was moving in, (unless he got it and moved, leaving them) As for the new guy next door, that would only encourage you to rent first to see what your neighbours were like, not buy.
    what bank is it for again??

Bank of Ireland I believe. Unless they offereing the fastest remortgage service on the planet, I'm also not sure what they are saying in the newer add. That or on the spot home improvement loans and you see the neighbour building a much higher wall around his house and sound proofing the walls.

Having established Steve as being just about bearable to live with and introducing Rachel as being irritating to the extreme they completely lost the plot with the new ad to the point it doesn't make any sense any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

McVitties choccy biscuits using CGI cats :(

syklops wrote: »
    The first Rachel and Steve ad was funny whereby the 2 lads suddenly went looking for martgages when they discovered Rachel was moving in. But they've lost the joke in the newer ads.

The farmer and the fox was interesting the first time I saw it, but every time you turn on the telly that feckin ad is on.

Just seen that Digestives ad with the music from Fawlty Towers and the creepy looking cats. WTH?

Yeah, the first R&S ad was ok but the appeal is lost in more recent variants. But it will be milked dry. In general, I dislike bank and insurance ads but I'd take R&S before AIB's 'backing brave' ads.

The farmer and the fox the first time caught my attention but I disliked it as the story developed. A real farmer and fox would have been better instead of the tossers we get to see!

• Advertisement

Not as much the ads but two particular women who "aahhh" in the Allianz ad.
    The one with the tea just over does it completely, she really "owns" it :D... And the nurse who hits the bin truck says it like a "special" person to put it nicely.

Contrasting deliveries of the "aahhh" but the nurse one really does my head in, for anyone who hasn't really watched her take note next time, even the face alone... Aaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Another insurance ad gem! A horrible ad. That along with the Cut the nonsense No Nonsense ones are the worst insurance ads on the TV. The first time I heard the scream, I thought I was hearing a part of a reality TV project made by ISIS/ISIL.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

New budweiser add, about 3/4 way through they show this fella dancing, and he's pulling off some hilariously bad move

American beer ads in general are so tossy, and they're all the same, with super-cool people dancing "in da cluuub" and standing around smiling at each other's witty repartee.

The sad thing is that we're meant to think that the guy dancing is one of the cool people, doing his thang. However this side of the Atlantic, all anybody's thinking is that he's a right tool, making a show of himself like that. Awful ads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

The An Post mobile phone advert. I had a woman on a bus this evening that even sounded like her! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Every time I see that ad with Trevor McDonald talking about all the horror and destruction he has seen while being a news reporter,I keep forgetting that the ad itself is only about glasses,-that's the annoying part.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The ad for No! No!.

From the cheesy corny American woman at the start, to the prissy looking girl in the purple dress and pearl necklace saying she loves her No! No!, (she says it in a way that suggests a No! No! is a euphenism for her vagina)...I hate everything about the ad.

It goes on for AGES too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

This from Jimmy Nesbitt. Scaring people into buying something they don't need by shouting at them

If he really wants to scare people he should show them his 'hair'

Valentina wrote: »
    The ad with Rita Ora huffing "I'm ready" then singing badly while her phone charges.

I find her loathsome.

Finally clicked, she talks like Today FM's Glenda Gilson
    'Jaysus, I've another ladder in my tights, heh, heh, heh'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭mark_79

Can't stand those AIB ads with the mouthy little pudding bowl haircut kid wandering about town on his bike spouting "how's she cuttin", "good man yourself", etc, etc.

I'd love to stick his stupid ****ing ET head under water until the bubbles stop.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭heathledgerlove

An ad on the radio where a child is making noises to imitate his parents rustbucket car.. Dedededede - dedededede - ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Unfortunately,it looks like Liverpool's Spice Boys are making a comeback....

Just when I thought Liverpool had left prettyboy culture well behind after the Spice Boys of the 90s,i.e. McManaman,Redknapp,Berger,Fowler and McAteer,now they bring us this puke!!!!

mark_79 wrote: »
    Can't stand those AIB ads with the mouthy little pudding bowl haircut kid wandering about town on his bike spouting "how's she cuttin", "good man yourself", etc, etc.

I'd love to stick his stupid ****ing ET head under water until the bubbles stop.....

Seriously the chap is a kid for god sake. Hate the ad by all means but your anger toward a child is way ott.

Seriously the chap is a kid for god sake. Hate the ad by all means but your anger toward a child is way ott.

Does the Bible not say 'I believe the children are our future'?
    It was either God or Whitney Houston but anyways these aren't real children.
    They are created in a lab using leftovers from the Mickey Rooney experiment then smelted down shortly after the ad is finished

Does the Bible not say 'I believe the children are our future'?
    It was either God or Whitney Houston but anyways these aren't real children.
    They are created in a lab using leftovers from the Mickey Rooney experiment then smelted down shortly after the ad is finished

And you were a model child and citizen when you were 10 were you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,841 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

And you were a model child and citizen when you were 10 were you?

Yes. Now let the oil boiling commence!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Any College? Any Course shíte is back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The tunes to a lot of adds on Radio Nova,
    The Lux Dent, G.P now and the auto mechanic one, the tune to each one must have been reallllly cheap to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

I'm glad someone from south county Dublin won the lotto, the accent's in the new ad...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

The Sprite ad, 'my kind of man' my bum!
    And the hateful laxative ad, because apparently being constipated is like carrying around a bag of sh1te. Charming stuff, particularly when she upends the bag of old food - lovely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement