Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

What about the Coco Pops ads that have had the same f***ing song for as long as I can remember? It makes me want to vomit when it comes on during a break in Spongebob. I swear I would love to strangle that stupid monkey with his tail and put an end to his incredibly irritating voice!

Also any shampoo ads with women with shiny hair. Whose hair looks like that ffs? I bet they're using nylon wigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Aglomerado wrote: »
    What about the Coco Pops ads that have had the same f***ing song for as long as I can remember? It makes me want to vomit when it comes on during a break in Spongebob. I swear I would love to strangle that stupid monkey with his tail and put an end to his incredibly irritating voice!

Linky : http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=4450639770

Oh I hate the stupid HB ad with all the idiots going "Hmmmmmm"
    And that stupid Airwaves ad: "YEAH BRING IT!! WOOO!!!" etc.
    Those people should have their tongues cut out and their teeth smashed just so they'll never eat ice-cream or chew gum again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 carebare

What about the add for CONFUSED.com??!! Honestly they look like they escaped from the mental asylum for an hr to film that add!!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭zuchum

"these binoculars set me back a fortune!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭jbmcbcy

Avonmore supermilk - where the "mummy" is trying too hard in the sack race . . . :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

jbmcbcy wrote: »
    where the "mummy" is trying too hard in the sack

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

She came first too.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Sheila's Wheel car insurance ad... grr

That stupid stupid specsavers ad with the crappy little gremlin breaking the kids glasses. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

That stupid stupid specsavers ad with the crappy little gremlin breaking the kids glasses. :mad::mad:

still, not half as frickin annoying as Edith Piaf and her "non, je ne regrette rien"

• Advertisement

The Meteor ad with the 3 ugly bitches. 2 of them are competing to be bridesmaid or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

still, not half as frickin annoying as Edith Piaf and her "non, je ne regrette rien"
    +1

French speakers everywhere should revolt.

All those Donegal Catch ads with the 3 twats on the fishing boat.

I keep hoping they'll run into the perfect storm one of these days. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Pigman II wrote: »
    The Meteor ad with the 3 ugly bitches. 2 of them are competing to be bridesmaid or something.

Its on way too much these days.

My latest addition (God I do seem to hate an awful lot of ads):

yourlocal.ie

Your man's carrying around a big lollipop with a creepy face while a narrator with a creepy accent says "yourlocal.ie for restaurants" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My latest addition (God I do seem to hate an awful lot of ads):

yourlocal.ie

Your man's carrying around a big lollipop with a creepy face while a narrator with a creepy accent says "yourlocal.ie for restaurants" etc.

Hate that ad too! But at least it makes a little bit more sense on the TV than it did when it was just on the radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

there's an ad for some property website where a couple are sitting at their table, (complete with sun umbrella) in their kitchen. the wife goes "another expresso darling" and takes his cup and goes over and pours coffee from a drip filter pot. not only did the makers of the ad make the mistake that it's espresso and not expresso. they also aren't even drinking the stuff, they're drinking regular coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I hate the Lotto ads. The guys voice really annoys me and I now know why. he's that fugly tool from the panel.

• Moderators Posts: 51,738 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Saw a car ad during the weekend. Can't remember the actual make.
    The ad basically seemed to me to be aimed at kids. Showing the features that would keep the kids entertained. Just got the feeling that the maker wanted to use kids to pester parents to buy that car.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

WindSock wrote: »
    I hate the Lotto ads. The guys voice really annoys me and I now know why. he's that fugly tool from the panel.

Seriously.
    I can't stand those ads either...a lot of people seem to like them, but Delamere's a knob and his accent could be used to de-grease engines...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

That idiot in the Susuki ad.

"So... Have I changed much?"

What? Go away...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Has anyone seen the new cadbury ad. It makes even less sense than the gorilla one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Dairy Counsel ad where the guy is telling us about this finicky bird who said, "Sure there's no point in cooking eggs if you're not going to use REAL butter".

"But it was worth the row....if you get my drift [Nudge nudge wink winkady wink wink whatever...]" Ugh, terrible acting and irritating git with a very punchable face!

I also hate ads for food that have nothing to do with the food. Like the family dinner in Ireland with the French dude, "Could you...uh..me...the Kerrygold"...etc

BUY KERRYGOLD AND YOU TOO CAN HAVE QUIRKY AND MEMORABLE FAMILY MOMENTS THAT YOU'LL TREASURE FOREVER. Puh-leez....

I also hate the ad (dairy counsel again) where the voiceover guy says, "Milk, it's magic." He clearly took a sip of milk before the line just to make it sound more 'milky'. YOUR PSYCHOLOGY WON'T WORK ON ME! Haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Ger the man

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I hate all adverts. They are part of the reason why I don't watch live tv.

+1111.... I dont watch TV in general, 95% of it is an insult to the average human intelligence.

BUY KERRYGOLD AND YOU TOO CAN HAVE QUIRKY AND MEMORABLE FAMILY MOMENTS THAT YOU'LL TREASURE FOREVER. Puh-leez....
    Who's takin' da horse to France?:)

The old man from the recent one is fantastic!!!
    "There'll be no boats off the island today...":pac:
    "Ye look hungry" :p (about as risque as you're allowed have on an ad)
    and....the classic: "Did ye miss the boat?":D

I have to admit: I LOVE THAT AD

The ad with Dave Fanning, Colin Murphy, yer man from CSI and Lucy Kennedy fom Podge/Rodge.

It's just cringeworthy

"Where's the bainne?"

"Does he think he's Ann Cassan from crimecall?"

Little tip for the writers. If you have to qualify a joke about someone then it probably isn't going to translate very well anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

The frusi and vie ads. Sooo annoying

The ad for Eddie Rockets is seriously annoying. The guy starts the ad sounding like a relatively normal singer and ends it sounding like a chipmunk.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

pd101 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the new cadbury ad. It makes even less sense than the gorilla one.

I didn't mind the gorilla one too much, but this one is so nonsensical...baggage carts and other airport vehicles racing each other. Yes, watching that makes me want chocolate.

• Advertisement

penguin88 wrote: »
    I didn't mind the gorilla one too much, but this one is so nonsensical...baggage carts and other airport vehicles racing each other. Yes, watching that makes me want chocolate.

It doesn't make me want chocolate either, but then I don't usually buy stuff based on ads on TV. However, I think the ad is cute! And anyway, Cadbury's probably sell enough that they don't even need to advertise so they can pretty much do what they like.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement