Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weirdest place you've ever woken up in?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Christ almighty, thanks for posting that.

I just looked at my watch, and sure enough, today's the anniversary. I'd have totally missed it. Just another day in the office.

NTM
    Good call, better find some mulah for tuesday come to think of it.

Btw weirdest place I've ever woken up?
    Sagrada Familia. I'll say no more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Evolity

*A Bathtub filled with ice in Prague

*Yeah, Okay, I'm probably joking

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

none that i can remember anyway, i always made it home, a few times i have been woken up on the vomit comet or the dart. one night after the christmas party was on the bray comet and some bloke woke me up in ballybrack to say that he was afraid i was going to miss my stop, i slurred nah last stop mate and he said "well, i am getting off here if you want to come home with me" - i politely declined

last christmas my bro couldnt get the key in the front door and rather then face the wrath of da mammy, thought it would be better to sleep in the shed he went in moved all the stuff around got the clothes off the line to lie on and put an old tent over himself, my mam nearly died that next morning, innocently making a cup of tea and then this thing tumbled out of the shed, still pissed, after the initial fright she went out to him and said "what the **** are you doing" to which he classically replied " i am playing music with the boys but might have a little sleep now"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

has to be my bed, looks wierd in the mornings and the head hasnt yet clicked into gear!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Christ almighty, thanks for posting that.

I just looked at my watch, and sure enough, today's the anniversary. I'd have totally missed it. Just another day in the office.

NTM

Several hours after posting this, I realised it's the wrong month.

NTM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,310 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Several hours after posting this, I realised it's the wrong month.

NTM
    Ooops. :(:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,421 ✭✭✭✭cson

Evolity wrote:
    *A Bathtub filled with ice in Prague

Plagiarism! Someone said that in Kidney Donor thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

cson wrote:
    Plagiarism! Someone said that in Kidney Donor thread.

in years to come, someone will read this thread and see that and think to themselves WTF??! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

In the middle of a field 5 miles from my house. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i generally tend to make my way home ok, but some of my friends aint been so lucky -

one lad woke up in a shopping trolly.

several stories about waking up in beds and not knowing how they got there.

another fellow woke up in a bog covered in plastic bags, about 5 miles away from where we were out so you can imagine how confused he was when he woke up, we didnt hear from him for 2 days, he came back covered in cuts and bruises. twas a road trip down the country and many more got left behind also!

found my friend asleep IN the fireplace one morning, with his pants down, i didnt ask what he was up to.

ah, you cant beat college life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

In Crete, on a deckchair beside the pool of some hotel where I wasn't staying

All the weirder when I wasn't even on holiday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Once I woke up in the middle of the night in the woods in Kerry.

I was on a school tour and I'd sleptwalked outside of the hostel, minus the swipe card to get back in!

Luckily however the door of the hostel hadn't clicked shut so I was saved the horror of banging on the teacher's window in the wee hours!

I thought I had dreamed the whole thing, only I woke up the next day with grass all over my socks...

Oh and does anyone remember this story http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/6182155.stm
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Last saturday morning I woke up on the kitchen floor next to the Dog's bed.
    I can remember drinking lots and lots of different kinds of very expensive whiskey. Actually there was some Scotch too. It was quite "Peaty". Yes.

*barf*

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

a mate of mine was on college "mystery tour" to galway. he wandered off and the bus left without him. he slept on a bench in eyre square. this happened to him 2 years in a row on the mystery tour but the second time he was sober enough to get a hostel or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 blondiegirl

i woke up locked into my friends garage 3 hours late for work on my last day had to crawl out the window and walk 1 hr to work cause my phone was dead, NICE!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I woke up in a cave on a beach in portugal once... I could hardly fit in the damn thing, when I woke up there were people on the beach looking at me, I was still pissed drunk when I woke up, stumbled back to my apartment. The lads were asking "where the hell did you go with that girl lastnight?", I scored? Niiice :) "Took her to a cave" I replied...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Went to a house party in West Cork.... Woke up naked in my Flat 2 days later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

under a kitchen table in a strange house, wearing no pants and someone elses socks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 jokerrus

lol. on the street !
    oh and in my ex gf's bed. (have absolutely no memory of seeing her that night. dont know how i ended up there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Left work one evening at 5pm about 3 summers ago (so 22 at the time?) and as I was walking home I passed a girl I know sitting on the lawn of some garden with some friends, they were having a BBQ or whatever, she offers me a beer, I accept and hop the wall, get my beer and sit beside her on the grass, stayed there all evening and headed to the bar with the at about 9, then to a club and then eventually back to a house party, last thing I remember is talking to a girl on a couch in Athlone.

woke up at about 4pm the next day in a bed in a house somwhere on the coast of west cork with a naked 18 year old girl standing infront of me... I did a "hrmph" cough thing and she screams, I say "where am I" and she screams "what the **** are you doing in my bed!??!"

Turns out one of the lads at the party got a brain wave to go home to collect something (can't remember what) so at 6am 5 of us set off for his house, in cork...

This was his sister standing infront of me, when we got to his house there was nobody there so he just gave us all a room to sleep in, his sister got home from a surfing trip and was just out of the shower when I woke up, she hadn't noticed me asleep on the bed so just went about her business... Probably one of the best views I've had while hungover, haha.

woke up in the office of a bar I worked in curled up under the desk after a work party about 3 years ago.

On the deck of a cruiser in the middle of the lake wearing only my boxers, there were also two girls present, also in their underwear, luckily we had drifted into some reeds and the boat just got lodged there, as we hadnt set anchor and could have easily drifted into a rock/land and been proper ****ed, found my clothes (and theres) in a bathroom below, only one of us remembered leaving the house and getting on the boat... apparently we'd planned on skinny dipping but just went for a spin and drank lots of wine instead.

These all happened during my hedonistic younger days, rarely drink more than 3 pints when I go out these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

My top 3 that I can recall:

1. Outside Galway Cathedral
    2. On my balcony in first year, half inside and half outside drenched wet from the rain.
    3. Upstairs in cuba nightclub.

I'm sure there's plenty more. I'm a sleepy drunk :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Jesus.... Where do I start

The old watchtower in Loughshinny. Heavy night, went for a piss and didn't come back.

My father woke me up asleep on the garden hedge. I couldn't get the key in the door so I decided to kip on the hedge.

Few years ago woke up in a house and had n o idea where I was, in walks a girl, I had no idea who she was and she telling me to be quiet cos it's her sisters house. She fecked off, me being absolutely parched and still pissed drank the water out of a vase full of flowers on the windowsill

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

IN MY BED!CHILD COMES IN ,I GET PUSHED OUT ,I END UP IN SPARE ROOM.LAST SUNDAY,I WAS STILL IN MY OWN ROOM.STRANGE

• Registered Users Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I woke up in my ex girlfriends friends bed one morning. My Ex and her friend shared a double room in college in Limerick.

I was little pissed the night before and i was known for my sleep walking so I must have went to the tollet and when I came back I sliped into her bed instead of mine

Woke up in the morning only to find my girlfriend at time staring right at me. Was very funny now when look back. Just thank god that I did not have my hand in the friends boobs or something lol

Anyway the ex girlfreind forgave me bless her:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Joebits

Trampoline...

enough said..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Lobster

In the bath with my housemate, who had gotten sick, or was it me:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

OH, foook, can't believe I forgot this.

In pamplona I was woken by a cleaning lady in a hotel (I was staying 4 miles away in a hostel!) at about 9am in a linen closet, we (I was with a girleen) had taken down about 10 duvets and put them on the floor as a matress and had another on top of us, I'd walked her back to her room and we couldn;t get her keycard thingy to work so rather than go all the way down stairs and get the receptionist we decided it was much easier to just sleep in the linen closet, thank god we were both dressed!

Turns out we were on the wrong floor, she was in 427 not 327, arf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

After an unholy session one night i remember waking up on the bog in a friends student house. Apparently i passed out while taking a sh*t and no one volunteered to move me. So i was left there with my head between my knees till morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

on a roundabout in tenerife.

• Advertisement
Advertisement