Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weirdest place you've ever woken up in?

Options
  • 17-05-2007 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Well this morning i woke up behind my couch, which is probably in the farthest room from my bed room, seeing as I'm in the attic and the sitting room is on the ground floor, but not only that i obviously pulled the couch away from the wall as to sleep behind it...:rolleyes: so just wondering, where is the weirdest place you have ever woken up in?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

In a student dorm - legs outside the door to my room and my upper body inside the room. Alcohol may have been the cause of this state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Sadly, a bunch of nettles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Centre circle of the Gaelic Pitch in front of GMIT. On me mattress.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

In my driveway.

Naked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Naked and hungover....on an extremely cold December morning, sleeping in a ditch outside Galway. Offically the most ****ed up day ever.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

HavoK wrote:
    Sadly, a bunch of nettles.
    did you fall asleep in nettles or was that due to sleep walking? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Work night out in Templebar and needed to get home to Artane.
    If you don't know where that is, it's about 4km north of O'Connoll St.

No taxi's so walked it.
    Must of got tired on the way there as I woke up in wasteground on the North Circular Road.

Not sure how I cleared the gate with barbed wire while drunk.
    It certainly took me ages to get back over the gate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

LovelyTom wrote:
    did you fall asleep in nettles or was that due to sleep walking? :p

No...it was one of those unexplainable blackouts. One minute, I was with the lads, drinking, it was still quite sunny and warm out, go to take a sip of my drink - and the next second - literally, it genuinely felt like one second later - I was lying in the pitch black, in a bunch of nettles, going...what the deuce....

It was seriously like time travel....very freaky! Even now looking back I think there was something suspicious going on there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I can't believe its lunchtime and nobody has said "under yore ma" yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

HavoK wrote:
    No...it was one of those unexplainable blackouts. One minute, I was with the lads, drinking, it was still quite sunny and warm out, go to take a sip of my drink - and the next second - literally, it genuinely felt like one second later - I was lying in the pitch black, in a bunch of nettles, going...what the deuce....
    if you changed the end of that to say "and woke up in a shítty bathroom with a chain around my ankle" it would have been the perfect start to Saw IV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

The Bollox wrote:
    if you changed the end of that to say "and woke up in a shítty bathroom with a chain around my ankle" it would have been the perfect start to Saw IV

Nah I think Saw IV should be virtual...like Cube and Tron mixed together...or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

HavoK wrote:

It was seriously like time travel....very freaky! Even now looking back I think there was something suspicious going on there...

you got drugged... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

I went out on the lash with a load of college friends in first year to celebrate finishing out exams. We went to all our usuail haunts in Cork such as the Franciscan well, the brog and so on. Great night all the way up until we started on the Jegenmeister and red bulls, woke up very hung over the next day at 2:00 in a stange and unfirmilar bedroom in an unfimilar house.
    Went down stairs and a family were having lunch at the table.
    Very uncomfortable situation as I knew no one there...
    Turns out that my self and the lads got in a car with a friend of a friend going to a house party in mallow....
    I made my appollogies and left going to the train station and back to cork.
    Weirdest night ever and havent drank as much since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

In a garden with my legs still hanging over the wall.

It was a short wall which i sat on while i was zombified, i obviously fell backward and fell asleep. How my new Caterpillar shoes werent stroked i'l never know. It was outside ziggys nightclub about 10 year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭beans

On the grass behind Christchurch cathedral, near the civic offices. Jacket, bag stolen.

Had been drinking in Handel's on Fishamble St., second pint, felt woozy and went outside for air. Woke up ~45 minutes later. Can only assume that my pint was diddled in some way, very disconcerting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Newport, Wales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

dunlaoghaire pier, 5:38am, wearing nothing but a fishing rod and a life jacket. I had been out drinking in cornelscourt until 12 ish, then bam there i was. I did eventually find my clothes, much to my relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

A few years ago I was out at 42nd Street nightclub in Manchester and by the end of the evening I was rather over-refreshed. :D

Can't remember what had happened towards the end of the night but next thing I knew I woke up in a seated position and was in complete darkness. It was darker than night, I literally could not see my hand in front of me. I reached out to get some idea of my surroundings. I felt around and realised I was enlosed by four walls in a very small space indeed.

Eventually I found what seemed to be a handle or something and managed to get out of that room into another larger, but equally dark room. I was very confused indeed and had no idea where I was or what was going on.

I eventually found another handle and made my way out of the second room into another space. It was equally dark but I could somehow sense that it was a larger space due to some draughts blowing about. I was really starting to get bewildered now. Then I noticed a small yellowish light in the distance. Having no idea what was going on it made sense to go towards it.

I had to negotiate quite a few obstacles along the way and cracked my shins of a few things. Anyway, I eventually approached the light and there was some text emerging from the light. The text said "Strongbow". It was a friggin Strongbow tap.

It was then that I realised that I must have headed off for an aul drunken sleep in the toilets in the club before kicking out time and no one checked the toilet I was in. I didn't know what to do. I was worried about getting into trouble and needless to say the phone had died on me. I started to head towards what I thought was the way out and pushed through an alarmed door. Suddenly a mad alarm started going off which panicked me even more. I now just wanted to get out of there asap. Eventually pushed through another door and fell out onto a side street only to be greeted by several vehicles full of Greater Manchester Police.:eek:

It was 5am.

Thankfully they realised what had happened and that I was no criminal so just told me not to be such a drunken bollox and to go home. I went home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I was on holidays in Greece last week, having a very pleasant dinner on our last night with my bf. Finished the meal, suddenly felt dizzy and blacked out. I woke up on the floor with 5 Greek men and my bf standing over me. I had no idea where I was for about 3 or 4 minutes, I thought I was in some wierd European film. Then the Greek waiter got really upset because he thought he'd poisoned me. I thought he was going to cry... that was a pretty wierd night. Expecially as i hadn't had a drop of alcohol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Clinging to the banks of the dodder, half-in half-out of the water... Had a nasty jagged tear from knee to crotch of my jeans from climbing in through a construction site over razor wire. I've no idea how I didn't absolutely mutilate myself on the way in...

But I mean, if you're only going to have one major blackout in your life, make it a big one :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭Archeron

In one of those large commercial wheelie bins in Killarney. Lucky too, what woke me was the vibration and noise as the bin man was pulling it over to the truck.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Bradford.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

In the back of a little flashing blue/white van with two big yellow clad kerry men .A few hours later i meet their leader, a old man that smell of wee and sat behind a big brown box wearing a big black scarf and grey wig. Nice man in put up in a very safe and secure hostel with all meals free for six months . ahh good times.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

So long as nobody asks me to explain it (I'm not lying!!!)
    Áras an Uachtaráin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

hamsterboy wrote:
    So long as nobody asks me to explain it (I'm not lying!!!)
    Áras an Uachtaráin :)

You don;t honestly think you will get away with that.

Do explain.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

I'm afraid it is true but there's no possible way I could elaborate, or prove it without implicating myself and others
    Don't mind if people don't believe me, I wouldn't.
    But rest assure, it happened!
    And I'm not talking about the grounds either!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Woke up naked in a house I did not recognise, under a fold out couch bed that had flipped, whacked me in the face waking me up, and left me covered in blood.
    Luckily it turned out to be a friends house.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Shadowless

Under a tree in west Philadelphia.

To this day I've no idea how I got there.

• Advertisement

God thats funny but kinda freaky too!:eek:
    Jigsaw wrote:
    A few years ago I was out at 42nd Street nightclub in Manchester and by the end of the evening I was rather over-refreshed. :D

Can't remember what had happened towards the end of the night but next thing I knew I woke up in a seated position and was in complete darkness. It was darker than night, I literally could not see my hand in front of me. I reached out to get some idea of my surroundings. I felt around and realised I was enlosed by four walls in a very small space indeed.

Eventually I found what seemed to be a handle or something and managed to get out of that room into another larger, but equally dark room. I was very confused indeed and had no idea where I was or what was going on.

I eventually found another handle and made my way out of the second room into another space. It was equally dark but I could somehow sense that it was a larger space due to some draughts blowing about. I was really starting to get bewildered now. Then I noticed a small yellowish light in the distance. Having no idea what was going on it made sense to go towards it.

I had to negotiate quite a few obstacles along the way and cracked my shins of a few things. Anyway, I eventually approached the light and there was some text emerging from the light. The text said "Strongbow". It was a friggin Strongbow tap.

It was then that I realised that I must have headed off for an aul drunken sleep in the toilets in the club before kicking out time and no one checked the toilet I was in. I didn't know what to do. I was worried about getting into trouble and needless to say the phone had died on me. I started to head towards what I thought was the way out and pushed through an alarmed door. Suddenly a mad alarm started going off which panicked me even more. I now just wanted to get out of there asap. Eventually pushed through another door and fell out onto a side street only to be greeted by several vehicles full of Greater Manchester Police.:eek:

It was 5am.

Thankfully they realised what had happened and that I was no criminal so just told me not to be such a drunken bollox and to go home. I went home.

Advertisement