Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weirdest place you've ever woken up in?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

The emergency exit stairs in Castleknock tennis club. Got off the Nitelink in Ashtown thinking it was Blanch. Was absolutely hammered but started to walk home. Was so tired that I got in through the fence and fell asleep on the emergency stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭frodi

In the trunk of a station wagon when I was in the states on a J1. It turns out the guy had said that he would give us a lift home and to wait in his car. We clambered in and fell asleep. Only it wasn't his car that we fell asleep in but some other guys. Still got us home, fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

My nextdoor neighbour's bed. My nextdoor neighbour was in her early 40s and I was 18.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

go on tell us......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

That wouldn't be Marc Bolan you're referring to?

Excellent thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

1/
    In a bath: My friend had a party, and all the beds were taken. In my altered state, I decide the bath was a good second choice.

2/
    Under a sun lounger, covered in ants. I was in thailand at the time, and I think I was actually quite sensible. I knew I wouldn't make it home, and if I slept on the beach, I'd get robbed, or at least badly sunburnt. So I hid under a lounger. Hadn't planned on the ants, though.

EDIT:
    oh, once I woke up completely alone, in a thai opium den. The less said about that the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

On a gently purring massage seat in the office of Funabashi Racecourse in Tokyo. Pretty f****d up night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

Visiting my friend in Scotland once and after falling asleep in her bed I awoke the next morning in a bit of a hungover haze and soon became aware that something wasn't quite right as the door was on the wrong side of the room and I was on the opposite side of the bed.
    Spent about 5 minutes contemplating this new parallel universe that I had stepped into before I freaked out so much that I had to wake up my sleeping friend who was entirely oblivious to the fact that we were not in the right place. Carried on chatting and I went to get a glass of water to settle my nerves and consider this strange phenomenon. Only upon returning to the room ten minutes later did I realise that the person in the bed who I had been chatting to...was not in fact my friend at all, but another girl who lived in the house, who was happily too drunk to freak out too much that she had woken up with a strange irish girl in her bed!
    Would have been completely mortified except it makes a good story. Still have no idea how i got there. All i remember was getting up in the night to go to the ensuite bathroom. Moment of panic that morning checking to make sure that bathroom wasn't actually a wardrobe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I know a guy who woke up in the middle of a road in connemara. Also, that same summer, he was working in a toilet block in a campsite and for some reason he liked to stay up late and do his morning shift that way. We had all been drinking and it was about 4:00 when everyone finally went to bed. This guy instead, went to do his morning shift. Anyway, he felt a bit cold on the job, so he went and turned on a tumble dryer for a couple of minutes around in the laundry unit of the place. After a few minutes he climbed inside to get a bit warmer. He must have fallen asleep at that stage because his boss came in at 8:00 later on that morning to find a pair of leggs hanging out of the dryer. So the guy woke up in a tumble dryer, with a slight hang over to his boss standing over him roaring his name.

When he told me about it, I cried laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,355 ✭✭✭✭Victor

In the bath, thinking water doesn't make a very good blanket.

In the toilet of Abrakebabra withthe security gaurd giving out to me.

In a hotel bed the morning after a wedding, with the groom giving me a hug. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

On the sofa down stairs in my house. One minute it was abotu 1130 and I was drinking double redbull+vodkas. Next thing I woke up downstairs on the sofa at 4am, with my laptop on beside me, and my keys thrown in the middle of the floor. Also had my phone in my right pocket. But I'd taken the battery out and put it in my left:confused:

Edit: Cover was on phone too so it wasn't like in my drunken state I wasn't able to put the cover back on

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭estar

in the boot of my car

with a rope tying it down in my hand

i had forgotten my house keys

and none of my flatmates were home for the weekend

and i felt scared to sleep in the back seat

so climbed in and secured the boot almost shut

as if anyone tried to open it

i would wake and get them in the head with the car jack

it made perfect sense at the time.

also there was a way out through the back seats so i couldnt be
    trapped completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

never woke up anywhere strange tbh but a mate of mine woke up outside northside shopping center one friday morning (following a thursday night session).

...he lives in swords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

never woke up anywhere strange tbh but a mate of mine woke up outside northside shopping center one friday morning (following a thursday night session).

...he lives in swords.

not the safest place to sleep any night of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

I woke up one morning under the James Joyce statue in Dublin 1. I haven't a clue how I got there, I was in the red box the night before so I must have walked for ages...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Dev 17

Brilliant...

A subway bench in San Francisco, Miles from where i last remember drinking.
    *My arse was still intact.

Please tell me you didn't start drinking in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Balaam

I woke in France.
    I started drinking in Dublin, the day before. Apparently I'd had the around the world in 80 days conversation and had been determined to prove it could be done. I still can't believe the woman in Bus Eirus sold me the ticket in the state i was in...

Thankfully my slightly less drunk friend had accompanied me, since i couldn't be talked out of it. She also explained what had happened. Last time i ever had more than one drink in an evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Balaam wrote:
    I woke in France.
    I started drinking in Dublin, the day before. Apparently I'd had the around the world in 80 days conversation and had been determined to prove it could be done. I still can't believe the woman in Bus Eirus sold me the ticket in the state i was in...

Thankfully my slightly less drunk friend had accompanied me, since i couldn't be talked out of it. She also explained what had happened. Last time i ever had more than one drink in an evening.
    Wait a minute.... Apart from anythin else who was tryin to say that u couldnt get around the world in 80 days!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Balaam wrote:
    I woke in France.

You have a good friend there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

cooperguy wrote:
    Wait a minute.... Apart from anythin else who was tryin to say that u couldnt get around the world in 80 days!!!
    yeah, LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

When we were in New York before christmas one of the lads woke up in the subway on 102nd street, another on the steps of Madison Sq Garden and another in central park Twas a great night out...:D

As for me, woke up lying across the end of a unfamiliar lady's bed. Ended up going out with her after that though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

On the sofa down stairs in my house. One minute it was abotu 1130 and I was drinking double redbull+vodkas. Next thing I woke up downstairs on the sofa at 4am, with my laptop on beside me, and my keys thrown in the middle of the floor. Also had my phone in my right pocket. But I'd taken the battery out and put it in my left:confused:

Edit: Cover was on phone too so it wasn't like in my drunken state I wasn't able to put the cover back on
    Weirdest place you've woken up is the sofa.

Wild and crazy guy.

MM

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭keltoms

on holidays in greece, woke up lying face down on a table in some randomers apartment with empty bottle of oozo in my hand a chicken nugget stuck in my mouth - fun night:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 redsauce

In the toilets of Giggs Place after consuming a gansie load of bulmers and wine
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭JuJuYNWA

1] In a bath with toothpaste all over my face and hands with a hand towel for a blanket.

2] On my knees face down in a urinal that was full of my own vomit. Bouncers were not too pleased

3] Underneath the special needs seat on a night link. (same night as the urinal incident but dont remember getting on the bus)

4] Also woke up recieving a sexual favor fom a girl i didnt know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭JuJuYNWA

keltoms wrote:
    on holidays in greece, woke up lying face down on a table in some randomers apartment with empty bottle of oozo in my hand a chicken nugget stuck in my mouth - fun night:D

On holidays in Greece some randomer fell asleep in our apartment with a bottle of ouzo so we thought it would be a good idea to hold him down and make him do a shot of it through his eyes, he wouldve ****in killed us only he was temporarily blinded!!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭keltoms

JuJuYNWA wrote:
    On holidays in Greece some randomer fell asleep in our apartment with a bottle of ouzo so we thought it would be a good idea to hold him down and make him do a shot of it through his eyes, he wouldve ****in killed us only he was temporarily blinded!!

ha nice:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

first year in college, drinking all night until around 6am is say, cant remember exactly!. I remember waking up hearing a bang, the door of my flat closing behind me. i was in bed and must have beed sleep walking. Outside my flat, 7 in the morning, door locked, 2 other housemates not a home, and im in my jocks. it gets worse!! i was living in a student village which is suposed to have 24 hour security (my arse!). left the appartment block to go to security, thinking they would let me in, but of course, there was nobody there, all lights off, doors locked!. I left the appartment block door open, but it was a windy night and sure enough when i went back, it too was locked!! now im outside, freezing cold, in my jocks thinking people will soon be getting up to go to college!!! thankfully a guy in my class lived in the same appartment complex. Somehow i dont think he excpted to see at that time, in that condtion!!!!
    Looking back, it was soo funny!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Newcastle bypass, dublin bound, drivers seat, 80 mph, sober and lucky. Nearly crashed with fright. Recon I was only asleep few seconds, beeping horns woke me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

A tiny Jewish hostel in Poland after being locked out of the place I was staying, was woken by some lad from Cork asking for the time. No matter where you end up you'll always meet an Irishman.

Advertisement