Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weirdest place you've ever woken up in?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 wellyshoeswoes

Emmm was in Bulgaria last year- there was a blackout in the hotel because of a storm... all the electrics were gone so me and a group of lads we met up with robbed a bottle of whiskey from behind the bar... drank it then went to dance in the rain (seemed like the best plan ever at the time) When I decided to stagger back to my room I couldnt find my way around so I had to rely on feeling/ crawling my way through the corridors, I started to get tired so I curled up in a ball and fell asleep. Woke up with two angry cleaning ladies standing over me shouting in bulgarian.. dunno what they were sayin but prob pissed off cuz they cudnt get into the room cuz I was asleep in the doorway. Amazingly (the hotel was very very big), the room I slept outside was actually my own room, funny stuff lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Back in transition year we went on an overnight retreat. We all slept in one big room in sleeping bags, in a circle (picture a clock, each one of us was a digit except there were about 20 digits). I woke up on the opposite side of the circle in my friends sleeping bag and he woke up in my position in my sleeping bag. Have no idea how that happened!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I fell asleep getting my hair cut the other day. Was only about 30 secs but still very embarrassing when I woke up! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Adyx wrote:
    I fell asleep getting my hair cut the other day. Was only about 30 secs but still very embarrassing when I woke up! :o

you think thats bad? I fell asleep in the dentists chair a few weeks ago. I had a busy day at work, having a drill in my mouth was actually better! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Woke up on the window ledge, looking up at the guttering, in my sleeping bag.
    I was on the 3rd floor.
    I was secure by two ropes and thankfully those venture scouts knew thier knots.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Thaedydal wrote:
    Woke up on the window ledge, looking up at the guttering, in my sleeping bag.
    I was on the 3rd floor.
    I was secure by two ropes and thankfully those venture scouts knew thier knots.
    Farkin' hell!! The mind boggles as to what led up to that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Back of a bus in the depot after I fell asleep on it

The driver didnt see me, but I was a slightly freaky feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Farkin' hell!! The mind boggles as to what led up to that! :D

Ever get sewn into your sleeping bag, with your arms on the inside ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Under a tree in botanic garden in belfast with pitch all over my hands, bastards put pitch on the top of the gates. man was i cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

some random persons couch....still don't know who it was

• Advertisement

[1]......Under a buffet table at my mates ma's 40th birthday party. Loads of sausages, garlic mushrooms etc stuffed into my pockets.

[2]......In the bathroom of my friends house. Mightn't sound too f'ked up but it was my first and only blackout. I was 16 and bulletproof. After about 6-7 cans, I drank a half pint glass of vodka. Straight. In one go. Then when my mate did one, i did another, just to prove how manly i was. I decided i needed a slash, and went to the jax. I blinked, and i was sitting on the jax approx 4 hrs later, and everyone was trying to get in to the toilet to see if i was dead or not. Apparently i'd been running around like a lunatic, and had put shaving gel all over my head, and was talking gibberish about killing people?????!??:confused::confused: Then i went the toilet and locked myself in and they all thought i was trying to kill my self.

I snapped out of it, ironically, in the exact same spot as i last remembered, and just thought i'd been asleep the whole time and that they just wanted to use the toilet. Cue confused and worried faces all round. I didn't believe them 'til i washed my face and threw water on my hair to freshen up. My hair just turned to foam from all the gillette gel that had dried in.

[3]........Not me, but my uncle (who's only a year older than me). We were in Majorca, and staying in Palma Nova with my parents. The lads had happened to book a week in Santa Ponsa (about 15 mins away by car) for the 2nd week that we were there. Most nights we met up with them but this night we stayed in P.Nova and got tanked up. Long story short, he woke up in the toilets of a 24hr Karaoke bar (shudder!) with the song list in his hand and his boxers around his ankles, but full of his own puke. He left (sans boxers) and hailed a taxi. Thinking he was in S. Ponsa, he just said "Palma nova por favor". This was the equivalent of hailing a taxi on O'Connell St. and saying "Dublin please!". Your man asked him whereabouts in P. Nova he wanted to go and he thought for a second and then said "McDonalds" cos he knew how to get home frm there. Your man ddrove off for about 200 yards, stopped the taxi and said "McDonalds.......no charge Senor".

My uncle was just like...."WTF sort of a shortcut did he just take??"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I was drumming in a covers band a many years ago. We were playing a function in St.Slyvesters GAA club.

During the break between sets, the bass player produced a bottle of Jagermeister. "What's that?" I ask.

What then followed is a complete mystery to me, except for the following two memories.

The first memory I have is after the gig and loading the gear into the van. I remember thinking it would be an altogether much better idea to let my bass-drum free fall down two flights of stairs leaving the GAA club rather than bother to carry it down, with the singer saying "hey...careful...you might actually want to use that again".

I still have no memory of the second set or actually packing away my gear.

The second and final memory I had was waking up in the back of the van on the way home with the rest of the lads, one of them asking me was I alright, and me giving the thumbs-up sign, smiling and slowly trickle-vomiting all over my (white) shirt all at the same time (who says guys can't multi-task?!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭starlight07

[1]......Under a buffet table at my mates ma's 40th birthday party. Loads of sausages, garlic mushrooms etc stuffed into my pockets.

At least in the height of your drunkeness you still had your priorities right... Im impressed :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i had been in great physical pain for a day, and that day happened to be my friends birthday up in dublin, i drank lots of whiskey to kill the pain and the next morning i woke up in a strange bed in a strange room. i had in my drunken haze went into my friends room, pushed him out of bed and got in myself.
    The worst part was the missing wallet as my train ticket to galway and a bus ticket from galway to sligo were in there and i had no idea where the wallet was, so i cancelled my atm card and had to scab money for transport, food etc.

A week later i got a phone call. my wallet was in my friends cd collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

toilet of a train

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭starlight07

JIZZLORD wrote:
    A week later i got a phone call. my wallet was in my friends cd collection.

My brother in law does that when hes drunk... I think he gets paro that someones gonna rob him so he thinks it extremly logical to hide his wallet in random places.. needless to say the next day hes runnin around like a headless chicken lookin for the feckin thing. Fun to watch tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 aria-bella

My garden .. naked .. at christmas (Brrr )

With my mate in a similar state only sleeping thru it ffs !

And my 82 year old neighbour telling my mother that i was a disgrace and should be whipped !!

Add to that as it was 7.30 my neighbour (pervy old b******) heading to work and taking all of ten minutes to get into car .. cringe

I laid off the whiskey/tequila slammers for a good 5 years after that and to this day i dont think my mother forgives me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭tc20

love this thread...

ah jeez, where to start? In no particular order, but bearing in mind i was a bugger for falling asleep after scoops, here goes -

Barnet, north London, 1995. After going to wembley to see my beloved Bolton in the League Cup Final (lost 2-1 to 'Pool). I went over for the weekend, and stayed with my cousin in Streatham (south london). Two mates, 'pool fans, came over for the day trip. I went out to Heathrow and met them, straight on the lash, we split up for the game as they were seated elsewhere in the ground, then met up again afterwards for more scoops. Decided to see the boys off at the airport, got back on the tube, and promptly fell asleep. Missed my station to change lines,and was awoken by BR guy. It was the last tube, and i hadn't a clue where i was, let alone where Barnet was. Took me feckin ages to make it back.

In the partly built Bray Bowl, after an almighty session. No chance of getting home, so i thought i'd kip in there for the night. Ingenious as i was (in a fog of booze), i made an igloo out of that aeroboard stuff ('twas a freezing cold night). All well and a good idea at the time, but when i awoke, i had absolutely no recollection of how i got there..

In the local, when i was only 18 or so, fell asleep before closing. Walked home and went to the jacks only to discover i had been kitted out with full make-up..didnt live that one down for a while :o

Got off the coach home from a christmas works do, bladdered. Two minute walk to the house, made it as far as a tree 5metres from where i got off the bus. Leant against the tree for a minute. Woke up at dawn in exactly the same spot

Meself and me mate used to go to Clouseuas niteclub in Ashford when we were young lads, in the days before taxis. Its a 6 mile walk home, and we'd often get so far then just lie in a ditch or field and finish the walk in the mornin'

Theres plenty of others, but that'll do for now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Woke up in an orthodontists chair.

But not that interesting cos that's where I fell asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Slight memories of hammering back vodka and red aftershock, next memory is kissing a girl, hearing her scream, next thing I wake up naked in a bathtub with cold water running, passed out again then leaning over the toilet, one of my friends with 2 fingers down my throat making me get sick. I eventually woke up asleep in a chair wearing clothes 8 hours later and went to work. I havent drunk as much in the last 5 years combined as I did that night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

In a house in Nimbin using 2 long skirts as a blanket, Canadian paramedic on one side of me, Israeli ex-soldier on the other side of me, staring at an Aboriginal man putting the kettle on in the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

I was drumming in a covers band a many years ago. We were playing a function in St.Slyvesters GAA club.

During the break between sets, the bass player produced a bottle of Jagermeister. "What's that?" I ask.

What then followed is a complete mystery to me, except for the following two memories.

The first memory I have is after the gig and loading the gear into the van. I remember thinking it would be an altogether much better idea to let my bass-drum free fall down two flights of stairs leaving the GAA club rather than bother to carry it down, with the singer saying "hey...careful...you might actually want to use that again".

I still have no memory of the second set or actually packing away my gear.

The second and final memory I had was waking up in the back of the van on the way home with the rest of the lads, one of them asking me was I alright, and me giving the thumbs-up sign, smiling and slowly trickle-vomiting all over my (white) shirt all at the same time (who says guys can't multi-task?!).
    That's all wonderful, but where exactly did you wake up?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

In bed with a buddy of mine.

The morning after my wedding.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

In a bed in a house I didn't recognise. Totally surrounded by modern art and puke. I had a bit of a panic especially as the modern art looked extremely freaky in my hungover/still drunk state.
    Very disconcerting. It took me about half an hour to come to the conclusion that it must be my uncles house.
    I had been at a Bulgarian guys wedding with him and my last memories involve my firing back loads Bulgarian vodka (later found out to be 60%:eek: :eek: ). There is also some vague memories of trying to chat up the Bulgarian guy's extremely hot sister.
    Needless to say it didn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Went to a party in cork 3 summers ago, loads of bold stuff floating around, and i indeed did partake in it. Woke up 2 days later in a ditch at the side of the tramore road in waterford. missing my socks, but still had shoes o_0.

Still dont remember a thing about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

NTM
    I'm sure the missus was happy about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,310 ✭✭✭✭Victor

NTM
    Everybody, please congratulate Manic and Mrs. Moran on their first anniversary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭onechewy

This thread is funny - 'cept I'm in an office with four other people and my stifled giggling is earning me suspicious looks..

K so I was woken up by an old toothless man shaking me by the shoulder as I slept soundly on the top back seat of a 45 while it was parked in the depot in Donnybrook. It was half one in the morning and I'd gotten the bus in a semi-p1ssed state at quarter past eleven... SO I reckon I went two round trips on the 45, and it was an Oldcourt bound 45 so that's really to the back of beyonds. I was trying to get to Cabinteely, so after making my way through a deserted bus depot (wierd wierd place) I hailed a taxi and five minutes later I barfed out the window as we zoomed homeward bound. Taxi man was suprisingly nice about it.. I may have shed a tear

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Victor wrote:
    Everybody, please congratulate Manic and Mrs. Moran on their first anniversary.

Christ almighty, thanks for posting that.

I just looked at my watch, and sure enough, today's the anniversary. I'd have totally missed it. Just another day in the office.

NTM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

birmingham at 2am , not entirely sure why or how I managed to get there on what should have been a straightforward trip home on a friday night after work, woke up on the train got out of the station before i came to the conclusion I didn't recognise anything, then noticed the big "Birmingham" sign.

Obviously the missus was not amused to be woken in the early hours by myself saying i woouldn't be back til morning due to having missed the last train out of brum. :confused:

Advertisement