Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Harsh, folks, harsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Would you like to read these kind of comments about your girlfriend/sister/mother/cousin, if they weren't up to scratch on their paper round?

Didn't think so.

I stand by each of those comments as they are factually all correct :pac::pac::pac:

560687.jpg

Q.E.D.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Right! Enough is enough! IanCurtis banned for ignoring monkeyfudge's warning.

Everyone else back on topic, in a constructive and civil manner or I will start handing out bannings to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I haven't listened to his show in over a year now. I got so bored with it, same crap different day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Ray Darcy never had the plot......That was always the Bull McCabes field.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Myxomatosis

I'm more of a casual radio listen, and will only listen to it at certain times of the day. If I'm able to, I tune into Ray Darcy in the morning and Sean Moncrief on Newstalk at 2pm.

I've always found Ray Darcy to be very condesending, he does spout out his moralistic opinion alot but I'd have to agree with the marjority of them even if they are shoved in my face. Can't stand the two women and Will should speak more. "Fix it Friday" is terrible.

I've only heard Tom Dunne fill in a few times but he's been very good, I never listen to his show at 7 because I personally find it hard to listen to radio in the evenings. I just seem to have other things to do / **** TV to watch.

Seems Ray is gone for a week or so this week, unfortunately Dunne is not filling in, well he wasn't this morning anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

D'arcy was back on this mornin,wreckin my head.....demanding answers from noel Ahern about reducing the drink limit...when he wasnt being told what he wanted to hear he started giving out to about the "tone of his voice" being insincere and went on a rant about politicion's after the interview.

His interview skill's are terrible,Dustin the turkey could have done a better more unbiased job. I was a fan when he started out and his show used to be good craic but now he seems intent on shovin his high horse PC beliefs down everyones throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

yeah - heard 3 minutes of him and just switched off in exasperation. I'm not belittling the 'cause' he battles for, but you'd swear that drink driving was killing hundreds of people a day.

It's a problem, but in the grand scheme of things...?

I'm not denying it's part of a problem, but even if the government brought in decapitation as a penalty for drink driving, he'd still whinge 'cos there were still people driving over the limit

Now playing: Black Kids - Look At Me (When I Rock Wichoo)
    via FoxyTunes

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

slickmcvic wrote: »
    D'arcy was back on this mornin,wreckin my head.....demanding answers from noel Ahern about reducing the drink limit...when he wasnt being told what he wanted to hear he started giving out to about the "tone of his voice" being insincere and went on a rant about politicion's after the interview.

His interview skill's are terrible,Dustin the turkey could have done a better more unbiased job. I was a fan when he started out and his show used to be good craic but now he seems intent on shovin his high horse PC beliefs down everyones throat.

His crusade last year to reduce the VAT on condoms was far worse. What a really crap idea anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Tipsy7

He had a real gem today he was putting in a call to An Post to ask them why they put a Shot Putter on a stamp when there are none from Ireland going to the olmypics, dear lord who cares less about a fecking stamp that is NOT entertainment.!!!!
    He also said he never reads whats written about him on the internet, he may want to give it a try in the hope of redeeming his show:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I wouldn't be a huge fan of Jenny Kelly's but she alone is not the reason for the show going downhill somewhat. A friend was listening to the show last Friday (Not my house, so not my rules) so I listened anyway. Ray was just as preachy and insufferable as he had been last time I listened, Jenny was bearable and Will was still the only bright point in the show.

I know they "discovered" Maeve Higgins an' all, but christ on a bike she must have some dirt on someone at Today FM because I don't know how she's lasted so long on the show.

I will never be listening to the show by choice in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Amz wrote: »
    I know they "discovered" Maeve Higgins an' all, but christ on a bike she must have some dirt on someone at Today FM because I don't know how she's lasted so long on the show.

I will never be listening to the show by choice in future.
    Somebody should weld the word 'like' onto a good lump of an RSJ and beat her repeatedly about the sconce until she promises never to say it the bloody word again.

The wink thing they had going today was cringe worthy.. sweet mother o jaysus, did none of them close their eyes and listen to how bad it would sound...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

Amz wrote: »

I really don't find anything likeable at all about Maeve Higgins. D'arcy really has lost the plot as far as discovering her. That'd be like the farmer who discovered the first bad potato back in the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

D'Arcy spends so much of his time occupying the moral high ground he needs treatment for altitude sickness.

I caught a few minutes of the show this morning and heard him raving about some posters that were put up in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Myxomatosis

There was a roumor going around that Maeve Higgins had died a while back. When I found out it was only a rumour I was dissapointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 thedandoon

HAHA That's funny! Actually that's funnier than all of her "jokes"
    if that's what you'd call them....she really annoys the [EMAIL="f@*k"]f@*k[/EMAIL] outta me:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

could i suggest the mods go a step further and censor the stuff said by the likes of Ian Curtis about jenny kelly? Its personal abuse and could potentially cause legal problems for the site, and its in very bad taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

have listened to him from the start and was a big fan, i think the slide started when jenny became pregnant and when downhill rapidly when kate arrived.
    There is now rays way or no way and the fun has gone out of the show, dont go out of my way to listen to it any more and mearaid and jenny bring little to the show anymore.

tom dunne is a revelation in the morning and i would nearly take time off work to listen to him. yet his evening show is poor.

a straight swap would be wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Kindly ease up on the personal abuse.

If you don't like a radio presenter then express that in a proper critical manner. A persons physical appearance has absolutely no baring whatsoever on their ability as a radio presenter so leave such stupid comments at the door.

Thanks.

The original comment was made within specific context of a description and I don't think it really qualifies as personal abuse. I found it funny myself. Was off the cuff from my reading, he (assuming he) didnt exactly launch a diatribe. That said, your advice is a useful reminder regarding netiquette in general, but not in the specific case of IanCurtis' comment imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

The thing about it is I can imagine the whole gang sitting there doing the show with big sh1t eating grins on their faces. There's a real air of smug about them.

I was listening last week and they were talking about organising dinner parties and what you should do regards food, drink etc. Then Ray chips in with "Of course when organising a dinner party the most important ingredient is the people..." followed by "yaa" "mmm" "yaa I know". I had to open a window to let out the smug.

When inviting Ray to a dinner party the most important ingredient should be cyanide.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

kevpants wrote: »
    Then Ray chips in with "Of course when organising a dinner party the most important ingredient is the people..." followed by "yaa" "mmm" "yaa I know". I had to open a window to let out the smug.

:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 claude74

Have been listening to clues to enter the car comp all week but I missed Thursday's, does anyhow know what the clue was? or better still the word we are supposed to be collecting, I have gotten FIX so far, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

zuroph wrote: »
    could i suggest the mods go a step further and censor the stuff said by the likes of Ian Curtis about jenny kelly? Its personal abuse and could potentially cause legal problems for the site, and its in very bad taste.

I have to agree with the above statement. The moderator must step in here and shut down this thread. While everyone is entitled to give a view on Ray Darcy et al, I feel the tone of comments in this thread has sunk to a scurrilous low, personal attacks on Ray darcy and individuals he works with are beneath a public forum such as this and if the moderator fails to address this it simply undermines the moderator's credibility and the credibility of this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I am very close to closing the thread.

It's been quite the headache for some time.

I'll ask one more time that people read that charter

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054887678

Particularly the bit in relation to directing personal insults to radio presenters.

Pointless and overly nasty comments have absolutely no place in this forum. If this behavior keeps up the thread will be closed and I won't allow any thread on the same topic to be opened for some time.

If you have issue with any of this then take it to the Feedback Forum.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I caught the first 5mins of his trip today. Complaining about what names people call their children ...in New Zealand.

Such a bullshit show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Duckjob

I'd have to concur with the general "used to be good fun but is gone down the sh*tter" opinion of his show.

Nearly anytime I hear him now he seems to be going on about his kid. He reminds me of that pregnant bore in the "The Office" christmas special - the one that would never STFU talking about babies and children.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

He seems to have gone very infantile in his humour, always alluding to sex and innuendo and double entendres.

its cringeworthy at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Zulu wrote: »
    I caught the first 5mins of his trip today. Complaining about what names people call their children ...in New Zealand.

Such a bullshit show.

In fairness, every radio station in the country had someone riffing on that yesterday. It's this weeks meme. It was in every paper and was the "aren't foreign people funny?" slot of the majority of papers & news bulletins, regional and national.. It's not as if He plucked that particular story from the air because he has a kid. The "Talulah Does the Hula" court story was everywhere.

The show's still in terminal decline though.. and he really doesn't like being corrected when he's wrong, getting especially prickly when called up on his pronunciation (Recently huffing when corrected upon his mangling of Callum Best as GAY-lum Best, and amusingly pronouncing Penelope to rhyme with Antelope .)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Shelflife wrote: »
    He seems to have gone very infantile in his humour, always alluding to sex and innuendo and double entendres.

its cringeworthy at times.
    yeah I remember recently he mentioned that he used to pick blackberries from his granny's bush which led to endless giggling.:rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

claude74 wrote: »
    Have been listening to clues to enter the car comp all week but I missed Thursday's, does anyhow know what the clue was? or better still the word we are supposed to be collecting, I have gotten FIX so far, thanks
    ur third letter is wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement