Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Zulu wrote: »
    Thats probably true, if by "best" you mean "biggest pile of condescending, self indulgent" and by "show" you mean "drivel".

Yea, I'd have to agree with that.

...although it probably is a little too kind.

Oh sorry your talking about Gerry Ryan, yea i'd have to agree with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 The D.C Swan

BrianD wrote: »
    Don't! Switch to Phantom 105.2 !!! :D

+1

Darcy = Knob on a high horse!

With Phantom you are going to get a good mix of music including home grown talent from presenters who don't take themselves so seriously!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Switched on the car and the radio was turned to today fm this morning and realised Tom Dunne is on instead of ray, missed that all week, it would've being fun!
    Plus tom dunne plays his style of music which is fine by me! Im enjoying the show except when mairead "i think im gorgeous looking" farrell is on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭ismynametoolong

Yeah I agree with the last poster and OP , Once ian Dempsey is finished i find myself switching to either 2fm Gerry Ryan or Newstalk brenda Power but all this week I stayed with Tom Dunne what a difference ! Darcy lighten up hopefully the few days break will have you back on form when ytou return and i wont find myself switching but i doubt it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

yeah, Tom Dunne has been far more entertaining and interesting than D'arcy. As soon as Darsey returns I'll be switching off again. :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

I stopped listening to The Gery Ryan show a long time ago!
    He flouted his wealth, went on about his family , had an opinion on everything and the worst thing of all ??? He had the most stupid competitions....
    Idiots being brought on air, giving a "speech" for some stupid thing.

Darcy is exactly all that Gerry Ryan embodies, he has become Gerry Ryan, full of himself, constant talk about his kid, never wastes a chance to make out he was born in a shed and reared on mud! And the last straw ??? He had a bunch of idiots on air giving a "speech" for some stupid competition !

Tom Dunne knocked his socks off, was a great show, Ray Foley is blasting him by the day, Darcy better have a good pension plan :-)

He is on the way out !

unfortunately D'arcy is back today so I've switched off.

I rather listen to paint dry.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

el diablo wrote: »
    unfortunately D'arcy is back today so I've switched off.

I rather listen to paint dry.:rolleyes:

Or switch over to 2fm where Jenny Huston, her of the sexy accent, is sitting in for Gerry Ryan for 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭policeman

Ok Jenny

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Was listening to D'Arcy today briefly, and he was in uncontrollable fits of laughter at some very unfunny texts that they'd received.

It got to the point where all you heard was him going practically out of breath with the laughter for about a full minute while reading out some very poor and frankly pointless (except that they wasted some time) anecdotes that listeners had sent in.

At that stage I switched over to 2FM... I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Accidently switched this guy on today, tought he was great slagging BCI and saying "****" live on air, I switched over quickly, what I can't work out is why he is still on the national airwaves, he's not even a good speaker nor does he have a good radio voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

D'arcy used to have quite an enjoyable show in the mornings. Recently its been back to G Ryan for me.

What is it with with D'arcys obsession with reading out listener texts or debateing complete nonsenseical topics. To me it smacks of laziness, so the production team don't have to create any new material by themselves.The most mundane and monotonous texts are frequently trawled through for 5-10 minutes at a time.

For instance, this morning there was D'arcy enduced consternation over an alledged fake French accent on some ad. He finished by posing the question, I wonder will therre be many complaints to advertising comission or something to that effect. Of course there won't, people have better things to be doing with their time. It all sounded very "liveline" esque.

There is plenty of interesting happenings in the world to discuss without resorting to these fluffy topics for 3 hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Accidently switched this guy on today, tought he was great slagging BCI and saying "****" live on air, I switched over quickly,

He thinks its big and clever to swear on the radio.

I wonder does he swear in front of his babbie? He does it all the time to a lot of pre-school children from his pulpit on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

I listened to the show for around 4 years, but my boss changed the station to Radio 1 a couple of months and I never bothered to change it back. ........................
    Matt Cooper - used to like him but he has become so arrogant. Instead of allowing enough time to cover a topic properly he comes back to it every day and still doesn't cover it in full.

Nail on the head, Well said!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

This thread looks like it's going to run and run.... I've posted in it myself a few times over the last year!

Realistically thought, he's not THAT bad, especially compared to the alternatives. He is just a bit much sometimes i.e. when's he's up on the pulpit telling us what's wrong with Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cookie81

In my opinion....
    I HAVE TO LISTEN TO RTE1 RADIO EVERYDAY cos my boss loves it and my god Ive had to be talked in off the ledge soooo many times....These are the most common used words between 9am and 12am Monday to Fri:
    Bertie Ahern
    Good Friday Agreement
    HSE
    Bertie Aherne
    Politics
    Brian Cowen
    Taoiseach
    Barack Obama
    Hilary Clinton
    How the grass grows
    Bertie Ahern
    Mary Harney
    I think you see where Im going with this...Politics Politics and even more boring politics :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

cookie81 wrote: »
    I think you see where Im going with this........

Yeah we do. Off topic, that's where.

Poor ould Ray gets an awful time, but he does ask for it sometimes. They need to freshen things up...

In my opinion....
    I HAVE TO LISTEN TO RTE1 RADIO EVERYDAY cos my boss loves it and my god Ive had to be talked in off the ledge soooo many times....These are the most common used words between 9am and 12am Monday to Fri:
    Bertie Ahern
    Good Friday Agreement
    HSE
    Bertie Aherne
    Politics
    Brian Cowen
    Taoiseach
    Barack Obama
    Hilary Clinton
    How the grass grows
    Bertie Ahern
    Mary Harney
    I think you see where Im going with this...Politics Politics and even more boring politics :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

They do a fair bit of politics on Radio one between 9-12am but not as much as you are suggesting. Pat Kenny show do lots of interesting non political stories, and as much as I hate Tubridy his show can be interesting at times in spite of him. Many people consider politics interesting as it affects nearly EVERY aspect of human civillisation. What do you want to hear on radio? Gossip from soap operas and other vacuous topics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cookie81

Exactly!
    I suppose I would just like a few songs played here and there instead of non stop talking talking talking.
    I guess Im from a different generation to ye oldies!:cool:

Exactly!
    I suppose I would just like a few songs played here and there instead of non stop talking talking talking.
    I guess Im from a different generation to ye oldies!:cool:

Eh, im in my mid twenties. Bring an ipod into work, if you can have a radio on while working then an ipod should be acceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

In my opinion....
    Bertie Ahern
    Good Friday Agreement
    HSE
    Bertie Aherne
    Politics
    Brian Cowen
    Taoiseach
    Barack Obama
    Hilary Clinton
    How the grass grows
    Bertie Ahern
    Mary Harney

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

opa01_2000 wrote: »
    Havc started to listen to D'Arcy again as a result of this thread. I find him entertaining, witty and inoffensive.

He is M...moronic
    He is O...oblivious
    He is N....nauseating
    He is G....gimp
    He is O...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

M.O.N.G.O.
    M.O.N.G.O.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭pirate reject

Pat Kenny show do lots of interesting non political stories?

I thought the only person on the planet who found Pat Kenny interesting

was Pat Kenny

RonByrne2005 are you really Pat Kenny??????

Come on own up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Tipsy7

I think Ray finally became joe duffy for the under 40's last week. First he was ringing the organisers of sum westlife concerts to see why people got wet and had to wait around (that reeks of duffy!) and secondly he had a segment where sum woman texted in wanting to know should she read her 12yr olds txt messages (sum of the replies were hillarious). I have listened since the start but sadly it has been free wheeling down hill for the last two years and I agree with the other posters there is only 1 person to blame and thats Jenny Kelly. My first hint that it was going bad was the interview with Bertie it was so hard to listen to I actually felt embarassed for him. I hope it will be able to improve, just keep jenny far far in the background where she belongs. Thank god for Ray Foley is all I can say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Tipsy7 wrote: »
    Thank god for *** ***** is all I can say
    Kinda agree with you but icks nae on the roley fay

D'Arcy is a plank, he was let that opinionated D4 snob ruin what was once a good show

Heard at the beers at the weekend that he is actually banned from boards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Ray D'arcy banned from boards? LMAO

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Ray D'arcy banned from boards? LMAO

Yeah, he got banned for posting a 'rival' thread to this called "Mark 00 - Lost the plot - "

Yeah, he got banned for posting a 'rival' thread to this called "Mark 00 - Lost the plot - "
    who's that strange looking chap in your signature?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Well d'arcy could be banned too but it was the other 'unmentioned one' that i heard was banned

• Advertisement

slideways wrote: »
    Well d'arcy could be banned too but it was the other 'unmentioned one' that i heard was banned

Nah, he's not ... It's Ray Foley that's banned ...

MARIO !! From big brother ... The king of all things Health & Safety

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement