Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

As Ray is 'dad of the year' maybe he could host a new show.
    'The Baby of Tralee'.
    Or better still start a creche and leave radio behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

29kx8hd.jpg

"right, that's it - he mentioned that bloody child 4 times in the last 2 seconds..."

Think he meant the other Ray.

But yeah, I feel like that sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Today was the day I've given up and brought the ipod out of the drawer. The absolute rudeness and righteousness of this little man interrupting and telling people they're wrong just finally tipped the radio off for me and the ipod on.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

smaoifs wrote: »
    Today was the day I've given up and brought the ipod out of the drawer. The absolute rudeness and righteousness of this little man interrupting and telling people they're wrong just finally tipped the radio off for me and the ipod on.

What happened? can't leave it like that..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

if he plays that yes we can song any more ill crack up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭younge

I think rays show is still very good. He still makes me laugh and noramally his topics of discussion are very interseting. I would agree though that he defiantly likes to preech a bit too much at times. I'd still give the show 2 thumbs up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

younge wrote: »
    I'd still give the show 2 thumbs up.

I'd love to take my two thumbs and insert them into Mairead Farrell's nostrils if I thought it would stop the "amusing" singing and random interruptions that seem to occur on the show at the drop of a hat.

Mairead Farrell : "Shh! Shh! Listen to meeee, everyone!!"

Everyone : "No. F*ck off, please."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I think rays show is still very good. He still makes me laugh and noramally his topics of discussion are very interseting. I would agree though that he defiantly likes to preech a bit too much at times. I'd still give the show 2 thumbs up.

I think Ray's show is still very good. He still makes me laugh and normally his topics of discussion are very interesting. I would agree though that he definitely likes to preach a bit too much at times. I'd still give the show two thumbs up.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

zuroph wrote: »
    I think Ray's show is still very good. He still makes me laugh and normally his topics of discussion are very interesting. I would agree though that he definitely likes to preach a bit too much at times. I'd still give the show two thumbs up.

FYP

You are a sad, narrow-minded little man.

i know, sometimes, i disgust me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I remember back in college I wouldn't have missed his show for anything. But gone off it a good bit the last 2 years or so. I tune in to Tom Dunne over on Newstalk more these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

Yeah I stopped listening to him months ago. His ego seems to grow as his ratings grew and now he is just a bad Gerry Ryan and Ryan is a pain in the hole. I now dont listen to the radio at all in the morning.

zuroph wrote: »

FYP

What does FYP mean? I can only presume thats its a immature comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

What does FYP mean? I can only presume thats its a immature comment.
    Google is your friend....
    http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/FYP

Take your pick....

FYP Final Year Project
    FYP Five-Year Plan
    FYP For Your Pleasure
    FYP First Year Program (College of the Holy Cross)
    FYP Fixed Your Post (newsgroups)
    FYP Five Year Program
    FYP Foundation Year Programme (Canada)
    FYP First Year Premium (life insurance)
    FYP Foundation Year Program (University of Kings College)
    FYP For Your Perusal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

fixed your post.

Now lets not get into the whole he said / she said thing. Please don't criticise other people's spelling . And now, back to your regular scheduled thread.

for what its worth, I apologise.

but yes, d'arcy on the panel last night, almost managed to suck the fun out of it!

Ah theres no fear of bitchin. I'm not that bad. Didn't see that last night. Everyone thats posting on this thread seems to be totally fed up of him. We should have put a poll at the start of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Ah theres no fear of bitchin. I'm not that bad. Didn't see that last night. Everyone thats posting on this thread seems to be totally fed up of him. We should have put a poll at the start of the thread.

Would be an interesting poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 CantonaDieu

Ray is having a hissey one with the Minister this am sounds like he either didn't prepare or has gone all emotional and lost the run of himself...fair dues to Harney she is holding her own...Ray dosn't seem to be listening! Again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,844 ✭✭✭✭Basq

O/T: The Minister for Health just said the cervical cancer vaccine does not prevent cervical cancer..

.. holding her own my hole! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 CantonaDieu

No she didn't...its an emotional topic and I don't agree with Harney but she did not say the vaccine dosn't prevent cancer. Point was that Ray has an opportunity and he blew it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

basquille wrote: »
    O/T: The Minister for Health just said the cervical cancer vaccine does not prevent cervical cancer..

Was watching Oprah yesterday at lunchtime (don't ask!) and there was a Doctor on and she was asked about the Vaccine and she said that there is actually no concrete proof that the Vaccine prevents cervical cancer.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

True that. However it does stop about 90% of the cases I believe.

Don't have access to a radio, is he going for the emotional pleas and bringing in his daughter?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Beaucoupfish

The Darcy show has always appeared to be aimed at female listeners. He's created this club mentality with his listeners and he is definitely one of the girls. It's nice and boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

She didn't say that, she said it's not 100% preventative.

Agree with Cantona here, switched on the radio this morning and stumbled upon the debate as it was tuned into Today FM from last night so I left it on. Ray really is not good at doing serious, he doesn't listen and sets out an argument in his head that he can't deviate from even though points have already been disproven and discussed. He's gets too emotive and thinks that talking loudly and over someone is a way to win an argument. Him asking Harney can she honestly say that someone won't die as a result of this decision was laughable. "I'll ask you again minister !".
    I didn't leave the station on after that but I bet he's still reading out texts from his groupies saying "Well done Ray, you showed her", "Well done Ray, you should do Primetime" etc etc.
    He should stick to light and fluffy topics that he's used to such as how many speakers some farmer has in his tractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I thought it was a painful interview to listen to. Ray had an agenda of 2 or 3 points he kept going over (and over and over), and kept shouting her down...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,588 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Mr E wrote: »
    I thought it was a painful interview to listen to. Ray had an agenda of 2 or 3 points he kept going over (and over and over), and kept shouting her down...

I hated the way one of his counter arguments was that her facts were wrong because he had done his own research. WTF? google????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I thought the show was meant to be light hearted entertainment.

Lately and especially today its like something you'd hear on Radio 1 or Newstalk. Does Ray want to go into polictics now??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 HiHo

I'm a new poster and just registered to share my views on RD - the little dwarf from Kildare who loves his mammy to bits.

He's such a child and it is making me sick to listen to him go on about his interview with MH today - he truly believes he rattled her and that she's shaking in her shoes (pitying him more like) - watch out Charlie Bird Razeee babe is here!!!

God almighty but I can't get why he keeps winning more listeners. I worry about our future when I think that there are so many Ray fans out there, radios and mobiles phones are a bad mix for some people.

Then there are those two tools on after Ray with their cringe tastic roll call...

No seriously the whole issue about the vaccine is serious and appalling that it has been cancelled/postponed but Ray I'd prefer if he just went back to talking about getting drunk on air or his mammy's apple tart and leave the real journalism to the grown ups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Darcy was better when he stuck to fixit Friday and reading out funny texts. Now that he's pontificating on every subject going and acting as the nation's moral guardian he's become an insufferable arse.

Working with two handpuppets for years seems to make him think that nobody takes him seriously so now he has to make up for it by lecturing the nation every day. Stick to the light stuff Ray. You'd be out of your depth in a paddling pool.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement