Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

Dear me, has anyone heard Will and Mairead filling in? Terrible stuff. The show has hit rock-bottom when you have a pair as devoid of personality as those too presenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

I thought they were ok they played excellent music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭disc

in fairness the music was very good , but it from some ones mp3 player so they actually didnt pick it..

they were ok , if ray was out sick and called in at 8.30 , but as a regular stint no chance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Give them a chance, I'd say they were shlt-nervous. Ray D'arcy has been in the business for years. They were playing tracks from someone's Ipod, all those tracks are on my one, but there is some shlte on it too! They picked good ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

disc wrote: »
    in fairness the music was very good , but it from some ones mp3 player so they actually didnt pick it..

they were ok , if ray was out sick and called in at 8.30 , but as a regular stint no chance

Wasn't the "mp3 shuffle" segment (where listeners were invited to submit 10 songs from their mp3 player to the show for playing) for a week-long competition, and was run in the last 35/40 minutes of the show? As far as I could tell, the rest of the music was picked by station staff.

As for the fill-in presenters, well I still think Mairead Farrell sees her constant "listen to meee" interjections on the show as a stepping stone to world media domination, but I found Will's enthusiasm and dry wit infectious, and a fantastic antidote to Ray D'arcy's more dictatorial style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,844 ✭✭✭✭Basq

In all fairness, has Will Hanafin hosted anything before this? He seemed all a bit thrown into the deep end. And he made the best of it.. and I quite enjoyed it. It can't be easy - Tom Dunne and D'Arcy have been doing this years, whereas Will is simply a producer / researcher AFAIK.

Young Hanafin did very well.

Getting better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

yeah - I've not listened recently, but I've always enjoyed Will, I must say. Mairead has been indulged for far too long, imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

I actually found yesterdays show with Will not too bad at all, not as good as Tom Dunne though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Reni

On tues or Wed(12th or 13th) last week on the show I think they reviewed a book about different metabolisms and different diets for each type...?
    Can anyone tell me the name/author of the book please?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Google it with the description you just gave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Will and mairead are doing good. You know I'd rather listen to them then Darcy himself.

They're not as good as Tom Dunne. Pity He's leaving Today FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Fago_25 wrote: »
    They're not as good as Tom Dunne. Pity He's leaving Today FM.
    Tom Dunne is leaving??? :(:eek: Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

See other thread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭dogerster

Reni its something like "eat right for your metobolic rate " Dr Cass ingrim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shox06

In general I think Mairead is ok but am not a Will fan at all... don't think this week has gone well for them unfortunately... seem to be picking topics and reading emails with no point... music selection better than Ray's though, no question there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

While I agree with the sentiment of this thread i.e. Ray has gotten rather unbearable and forceful of his opinion, Fix it Friday is little more than a joke, Mairead thinks she is better than anyone else in broadcasting, Tom Dunne does Ray's show better than he does it himself, I was astounded to hear that the Ray D'Arcy show has attracted an additional 8,000 listeners in the last year. This news is according to the latest JNLR figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

it should be interesting to see what effect tom dunnes transfer will make when he takes on ray,
    i used to be a big ray fan but cant stand him now, cant wait for tom dunne to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭djsupreme

The thing about JNLR listenership figures is that it takes quite a while for them to show up. If Tom Dunne is effective on Newstalk, it will realistically be about 18 months before anything shows. Ray D'Arcy was on Today for two years before he got a big increase in listenership figures.

I despise the texts from people who try to be all zany when they comment on the perception they've built up on the entrant in the shuffle competition. "I tells ya, it's a 33 year-old. I know it. And he has a toe fetish. And an artificial eyeball."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dave_brent

i am forced to listen to this at work... darcy is ok but gets on his high horse alot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭smoc

I tend to agree with 90% everything Ray has to say. Dunno I guess were two of a kind. I only started listening to him 9 months ago. Must say I think hes good but the show lay out is very dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

smoc wrote: »
    I tend to agree with 90% everything Ray has to say. Dunno I guess were two of a kind. I only started listening to him 9 months ago. Must say I think hes good but the show lay out is very dry.
    smoc
    blue_star_2.gif

X_Files_-_X_Files.gif

:rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭dogerster

What is happpening to today fm in general it s fallin apart I dont listen anymore I listen to some english stations on line now. It s like college radio lately. and god knows we have lo big choice in Kilkenny .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭oclugg

Got fed up with him years ago. What a yawn.

...lest it come true, the other Ray was on from 10 onwards today.

One of the guys I work with nearly poured petrol over himself and lit a match.

Bring back the D'arcy gang, all is forgiven.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

lightening wrote: »

on the opposite side of that fence. but lets not talk about it, for fear of a banning :D

Read the charter or you may be subjected to m00dage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Regardless of context, that's the funniest thing I've read all week :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

29kx8hd.jpg

"right, that's it - he mentioned that bloody child 4 times in the last 2 seconds..."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement