Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A with (un)LuckyLloyd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Ok, I have identified 15 posts with questions that are still outstanding. I will get to them tomorrow.

good work keep it up "avoid llyod"

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We need to call a halt to questions or this "well" will become a Dam. So, if Lloyd wants to finish the thread then cool, but please dont post any more questions or we'll never finish :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

Well done Lloyd, very good read, (especially your eloquent piece about religion -my thoughts into words).

Enjoyed it a lot,

Conor.

Btw, LOL @ Willie C's question, and your answer, irony FTW :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

nh Lloyd wp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

wel done lloyd, you should be glad to see the popularity of the thread, shows how must people have respect for what you have to say.

Wp

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    If I want to go drinking I will go drinking. If I want to play cards I will go play cards.

am I the only one thinking "why not both?" :confused:

(that's a q for you LL by the way...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

I suppose your well is probably over . Well done. (pardon the pun) You'll be glad to hear I've no further questions

I think your well had more themes than most I've read so far, plus we had a little fun & handbags with you and BCB over something trivial. (I'm sure no lasting damage was done on either side) However it's good to see someone who can write well and has a considered view on different subjects without coming across as preachy or prejudiced in any way. I think school teacher is exactly what you should be aiming for (as you mentioned), you never know you might meet someone nice in the staffroom....

Good man and good luck in the GJP, maybe you can go deep and prove your victory was not a fluke.

Now I'm really looing forward to this next guy , I've read a bit of his blog, v entertaining.

Dev, bring him in!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Fair play Lyold
    i am exhausted just reading it you must be shattered getting all this in

Thread of the year imho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

As above Lloyd, well done in the well. Good luck in the GJP main event, (unless of course if your on my table:) It's been a rollercoaster of a well, full of emotion, handbags at dawn, funny comments, the works.... Don't forget that poker for alot of people here is re-creational and supposed to be enjoyable, if its no fun, the why bother.

I was in the S.E. on Monday night and they are going to be employing new staff to ensure there is no smoking in the toilets.....so youve been warned.....I managed to get this photo.....pic27387.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Wait, wait, hold the show, What's your favourite Ben & Jerry's flavour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

WP lloyd great well, great work and consideration put in, sorry I'm late feel free to ignore this if you've had it.

1. Is this the definition of angle grinding?!?!;)

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Made a pretty sick call at JP’s monthly game back in March with 44 on a 3x7x10hKh5x board. It was against the young lad who is wheelchair bound and accompanied by his Father for those who have played the game before.

He had a stack that was 75% of mine at the start of the hand. He raised 4x the blind when folded to him in the cutoff. I called in the Big blind. Flop went check, check. Turn came down and his father said check before I had acted. So I bet three quarters of the pot and my opponent quickly said call. The river came down and I had a strong suspicion that the Father (who bear in mind could see his son’s cards) didn’t like it. But I decided betting would be bad. I checked and he announced all – in instantly. The young lad was staring at me intently and trying to make eye contact while I picked up that his Dad looked very uncomfortable.

Eventually thought that AQ h made sense and that the pair of them were giving off sick tells to the effect that they did not want me to call; so I made the hero call. He grudgingly flipped over AQ and I scooped the pot.

2. You listed Gatsby in the top 5. Just reread this recently. No doubt an excellent book but I often wonder why it so often crops up in peoples top fives. Is it just that it sums up a time very well, is it the cynicism of the whole thing? I'd be interested to hear the opinion of an english graduate on this. As a SF voter do you think there are lessons in Gatsby for our Celtic Tiger era?

3. Marq suggested, and you agreed, that you had to work on your post flop play. What, in essence, did you have in mind? What do you do that you shouldn't and don't do that you should?

Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

LLoyd this was great reading, thanks for doing it. Also I appreciate the nice comments!

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement