Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A with (un)LuckyLloyd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,195 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Belief in an after – life of some description, and that good living on this earth will be rewarded after death somehow - brings comfort to people.

People never really think much about eternal life. The idea is terrifying. No comfort to me whatsoever. Sorry I'm not a mod anymore so I can interrupt threads for no good reason now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

do you think having such rugged good looks like myself puts you at a disadvantage at a poker table as everyone conentrates on you more than anything else?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

musician wrote:
    People never really think much about eternal life. The idea is terrifying. No comfort to me whatsoever. Sorry I'm not a mod anymore so I can interrupt threads for no good reason now :)
    Back on topic or I will ban you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

cheers LL tis been a good read.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,117 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I have seen your list of top 5 books, sorry to say I haven't read any of them. I dont get to read as much as I'd like or used to. If I had to shoose I would imagine you tend not to be a mainstream person when it comes to books, staying away from classics and also the current super star on the shelves.

So I have a few questions on the arts.
    What are your 3 favourite films?
    What, in your opinion, are the 3 best movie adaptations from books?
    Have you an opinion on art, paintings & sculpture? Have you a favourite piece?
    Have you read Of Mice & Men, for some reason the book is in my head today.

If you ever get this far thanks for the imput.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

Absolutely. I would also add sly questions into other people’s well threads that carry cunning implications.

no need... ! :p

Mellor wrote:
    Have you read Of Mice & Men, for some reason the book is in my head today.

junior cert english has forever ruined this book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

BCB, this is the last warning. Take it to PM or to the Bar for a pint, but just let it lie, if Lloyd wants to answer the Question about what he finds so objectionable about your questions he will, if not he won't. PM him if you want the answer, it doesn't have to be made into a public spectacle.

I'm also not even sure Lloyd was referring to you there. I've deleted your post again.

before you both get a ban... lads, take it to PM. and we all know whats gonna happen... you'll both make some comments, then we'll all get to watch with pop-corn gripping homer like excitement... then you'll both find yourself in the emporium questioning your sanity as you sit down to play the 50 thursday crapshooooot and discuss all this madness, some donk with crack both your AA and KK (lloyd will have the KK) with his JT (but he had a jack) and you'll both be sent packing to the pub to bitch about others rather than eachother... simple really!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

I missed the deleted post. I have no further comment on the matter tbh. As in the other thread over Saturday's hand where I noted that I wouldn't comment further on the matter at post #44. And didn't.
    Then we can draw a line here. Lloyd has now said he doesn't want to comment further on the issue therefore it is officially dead. Now Lloyd can carry on with his Well in peace and if BCB wants to PM Lloyd he can do so, whether Lloyd responds there or not is their own business but we don't need to hear about it any more.

EDIT: I've tidied up the thread slightly and deleted a few posts talking about what is now over.

more 'well' questions...
    when playing our little home games (€5 rebuy normally) I accept that you arent that a$$ed about dropping 20 squid, but equally, it is an opportunity to play decent poker for little money. (i have a question here im sure). we played a game ages ago where prize money was nothing more than about 80 i think, but 4 handed it was u me richie and aodea and we all had about 100BB's (aka The Deep Stacked Home Game). you took this seriously and were clearly playing more for the fun of poker and for the pride of beating anto (and me and richie). i think what i want to know is would it be better for your game to "move down levels" limit yourself to 50euro buyins, so your range can include 5 euro home games - 50 tournaments in dublin. when you start beating these as easily as you did months back, then move up to to the stakes you're currently playing (i.e. 100-200 entry fee tournys are common, and you're more than happy to play a 500 game.) you were a winning player playing 1-2 live cash and a few tourneys, then you got your big cash, and started hitting higher levels, and are competietive inthem, but if you fail to cash in 3 or 4 500 games it does take an affect. my suggestion would be play the GJP 1000 game as you intend to do, then from june 1st, take it back a bit... myself and aodea are playing much much lower limits than you are and we have had a significantly better 2007 than you have had, and you yourself will be the first one to say you are the better player.. so why keep donating at the higher levels where you're edge is decreased? steal from the poor, give to the lloyd... dont steal from the lloyd give to the rich! i realise i havent actually asked a question here... so... eh...

comments?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

ditpoker wrote:

comments?!?!

I'll answer this one - use paragraphs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

HiCloy wrote:
    I'll answer this one - use paragraphs

Burn !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,117 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ditpoker wrote:
    junior cert english has forever ruined this book.
    Its a great book an one of the best on he JC,
    but I agree that its inclusion on the JC, and also the pass LC has turned it into a "school book, and I agree it is ruined for it. But at the same time, anyone who read it at JC, it is going to be one of the best books they ever read, considering most people wont actually pick up a book outside of school.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement