Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A with (un)LuckyLloyd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

I'm too pissed to think of any sensible questions. Since this is your time in the limelight, just wanted to say thanks to your helpful replies in the past to any questions I've had, particularly in regard to mtts.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Home And Away or Neighbours ? Why?

Chuck Norris or Mr T ? Why?

The Hoff or The Hoff ? Why?

Angela Lansbury or Matlock? Why?

Jessica Rabbit or The Cadburys' Caramel Rabbit? why?

If you were a breakfast cereal, what one would you be, and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Gholimoli wrote:

homer-eating-popcorn-c7873_sml.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I saw you liked nfl, didnt know if that was a joke or not, so...

Why nfl team do you support?

Who your favourite player? Current/all time, or both even.

Who will compete in the SB in Feb?

A good long odds tip too win the SB?

Manning or Brady?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

I saw you liked nfl, didnt know if that was a joke or not, so...

Why nfl team do you support?

Who your favourite player? Current/all time, or both even.

Who will compete in the SB in Feb?

A good long odds tip too win the SB?

Manning or Brady?
    MVP... Roethlisberger or Bush?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Bush. roth will be flattened again this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭delanec8

LT ftw again! Bush won't get enough touches running the ball and roethlisberger is poo in comparison to manning.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,195 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Lloyd,

Thanks for answering the questions. I wasnt trying to come across as a smartarse or anything.

Q1+2 are just simple self examinging questions and ones I asked myself last November. One of them sparked by a comment from OllyK after I yet again got KK dogged by 67.

Q3 is merely a hook into Q2.

Q4 was just a reminder that runs of positive variance occur also. As you outlined your big hands stood up.

Q5, 6 + 7 I was interested in the answers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Q1+2 are just simple self examinging questions and ones I asked myself last November. One of them sparked by a comment from OllyK after I yet again got KK dogged by 67.

Going against all my own advice and tapping the tank with BCB. *sigh* :rolleyes: ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

Couple more questions have sprung to mind.

1. Have you preceived any jealousy after your (extremely jammy and underserved- only joking) win in that Green Jester thingy last year? (I was a little jealous myself of the cash)

2. Why is it in a world of nano-technology do you think big motherfo earphones appear to be in vogue.
    And linked to that. Do you feel your hearing is being damaged by listening to music during a tournament ( I SAID DO YOU THINK YOUR....)

3. Do you think that there are a lot of young lads out there missing out on female company due to over indulgence in poker? Are you one of them?

4. If you won the WSOP (or did really well) would you assume an air of superiority and post less on the boards and even then only post one sentence comments like...everyone is a muppet on here or 90% of players are muppets? Arrogant sht like that!!

5. If chairs and tables could scream, do you think you would still hit them so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Solksjaer wrote:
    3. Do you think that there are a lot of young lads out there missing out on female company due to over indulgence in poker? Are you one of them?
    Now that's a great question! Seriously.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

My latest question is a simple one.

Q. Are you going to answer all the questions or continue to select which ones you answer? This is meant in a much less snidey way than it comes across, but I am hungover, so apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

Booo!! As you frequent the politics forum, you already know the answer to this question. I shall be giving my first preference to Sean Crow and Sinn Feinn.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

words cannot express etc etc etc
    Tis a boring / standard list I’m afraid:

Orwell; 1984
    F. Scott Fitzgeerald; The Great Gatsby
    Capote; In cold Blood
    Don De Lillo; White Noise
    Mailer; The Fight

all classics in their own way but that is a boring list. I will have to educate you further in the ways of the literary world....my library is at your disposal

thanks for answering the questions, I actually have one further one if that's OK: what would you think of a regular tournament player (say at your level) who steadfastly refused to make a FT deal under any circumstances? This hypothetical player has no particular edge, this is just his policy. Thoughts??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

When you battle through a tourney field to win it feels fcuking great.
    Winning x amount of money in a tournament will always be more satisfying to me than winning x amount of bills at the cash table.
    I ran extremely well, I played well enough – and I crucially played better towards the end.

I reckon you have the Tao of Tournament poker in a nutshell there.

When Robin was in the Well he repeated a number of times that he is willing to take a coin flip at any time in a tournament. How do you feel about that for yourself ?

What do you see as the main adjustments that need to be made between online and live tournaments ?

If you have a choice between a 100 runner and a 1000 runner online tournament , nice deep structure and cost / payout appropriate to the number of runners and time isn't a consideration which do you choose?
    I find it difficult to write reports on every game I play (and could never make
    it as interesting as the reports you and Rounders put up!!).

I think you underestimate your writing skills. I'd be interested to see more journalism type reports / blog entries.
    What kind of teaching do you want to do and when are you going to do it?
    Do you read much non poker stuff these days?
    I shall be giving my first preference to Sean Crow and Sinn Feinn.
    :eek: :( :eek: :( :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

Well, I will always be open to a deal at the end of a tournament. Bear in mind that the variance gets higher as you go four handed to headsup just when the difference in pay between each place gets to it's steepest point. In any tournament with a standard payout structure, a three way chop of the total money reserved for the top three places should represent a very nice return on your initial stake. Unless you have a really significant skill edge or chip lead (preferably both) you should, IMO, be willing to banter over numbers.

why does varience get higher whether your playing 2 hand or 10 handed? surely if u think ur hand is better than your opponents hand whether there is 2 people at the table or 20 people u should get them in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

This is fairly obvious btw.

BURN !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

This is fairly obvious btw.

well he did quote hectorjelly as the poster he learnt most from....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

LLoyd do you do anything specifically to work on aspects of your play in tournaments?? SNG's online? headsup play? shorthanded stts??

Have you ever stopped yourself playing a "bigger" tournament because of concerns about Bankroll since your GJP win?

IF you decide to play cash games seriously to work on aspects of your post flop play will you set aside a specific bankroll for it? Will you play live or online and why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Are you disappointed that this never happened?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055069321&page=2

pwhite587 wrote:
    Are you disappointed that this never happened?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055069321&page=2

this will happen. we have 1 more league game left... then game on!

Every hand costs you chips. At that point in the tournament the blinds are usually high in relation to the two stacks. The maths says that your starting hand requirements should be very loose. As such, you play more hands, and more agressively. Therefore, variance and short - term luck becomes a bigger factor. This is fairly obvious btw.

i still disagree... if my hand ranges are wider, then my opponents ranges are wider. effectively if u are saying that varience is greater at the top end of a tournament youre saying that it becomes more of a game of luck than skill. i think ul find most cash game players would agree that there is more skill playing 6 handed than 9 handed. equally, i'd argue that heads up requires alot of skill and not dumb luck dependent on greater varience... this is fairly obvious btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

ditpoker wrote:
    i think ul find most cash game players would agree that there is more skill playing 6 handed than 9 handed. equally, i'd argue that heads up requires alot of skill and not dumb luck dependent on greater varience... this is fairly obvious btw.

yeah but 6max has higher variance than 9 handed. and hu even higher still. and when u factor in the incredibly shallow stacks, it's more luck than anything else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement