Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Experience

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kimberlyx

i worked in dublin airport last year for my wrk exp...it was class and you get to meet aload of famous people like the irish soccer team and westlife etc

how did you get work experience in dublin airport?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

can someone tell me what type of programmes for work experience are going on in universities such as UCD, TCD, DIT for 2014/15 year

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Anyone have a CV template?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭thetalker

Xgracie wrote: »
    Anyone have a CV template?
    I'm sure you can find plenty on Google

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ConorM99

Does anyone know a contact number for microsoft

• Advertisement

ConorM99 wrote: »
    Does anyone know a contact number for microsoft

they don't offer work experience anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Theluckyone

Can you do transition year work experience in psychology? I really want to do psychology.

Has anyone got any replies regarding applications sent in to TCD for work experience in particular the School Of Biochemistry and Immunology. They said they will reply to application in early october but I have yet to got an email. I need to confirm work experience by Wednesday so the pressure is building. Has anyone got any replies yet from TCD???

how are people's work experiences going?????:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Oshealad

I went to a pig farm and was great craic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ellevin

Ok so I was wondering if there was any way to get a couple of days work experience at a top corporate law firm. A place like Arthur Cox would be amazing! Has anyone had a placement at a place like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Oisin4

Does anyone know why you have to be 16 to do work experience in a vet?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭IrishLassie26

Has anyone got any reply from RCSI mini med course? Do they let your school know whether they were picked or not? Im curious as I applied for it :D

Has anyone got any reply from RCSI mini med course? Do they let your school know whether they were picked or not? Im curious as I applied for it :D

I've applied for it through my school and have yet to hear anything. I really hope I got it and am looking forward to hearing from my co ordinator if i got it. Would be great. Do you know if they take into consideration your junior cert results heavily or do they just want to see your interest and passion in medicne mostly

I've applied for it through my school and have yet to hear anything. I really hope I got it and am looking forward to hearing from my co ordinator if i got it. Would be great. Do you know if they take into consideration your junior cert results heavily or do they just want to see your interest and passion in medicne mostly

Same here! I really hope I get in as it would be an amazing week! The RCSI pick your school at random like the lotto, then if your school gets a place its up to your teacher/ principal to pick which student gets to go if there is more than one applied. I don't think they would use JC results to pick who gets to go. They might interview you to see who is most interested in going. If nobody else from your school has applied and the school has been picked then you get the place straight away!

what would people recommend for work experience in psychology????

what would people recommend for work experience in psychology????

Any reply from RCSI for mini-med yet? Its getting really late now! I can't think of anything specifically for psychology maybe just try and get as much experience as possible in the medical field :D

Any reply from RCSI for mini-med yet? Its getting really late now! I can't think of anything specifically for psychology maybe just try and get as much experience as possible in the medical field :D

Have you still not got a reply yet? I haven't either but I don't think I got it. Overheard another conversation from a kid and I think i heard him say he's doing the rcsi programme in January. Maybe they don't tell you if u don't get it :(

Have you still not got a reply yet? I haven't either but I don't think I got it. Overheard another conversation from a kid and I think i heard him say he's doing the rcsi programme in January. Maybe they don't tell you if u don't get it :(
    No I didn't hear anything. It said on the website your school would be notified whether they were accepted or not. He might mean he applied for it. Let me know if you get a reply because I would like to know if our school wasn't picked :D

No I didn't hear anything. It said on the website your school would be notified whether they were accepted or not. He might mean he applied for it. Let me know if you get a reply because I would like to know if our school wasn't picked :D

Ok, well if you still haven't heard anything yet then that keeps me a bit more optimistic on my chances. I'll let you know if i hear anything. Where else are you looking to do work experience

• Advertisement

Ok, well if you still haven't heard anything yet then that keeps me a bit more optimistic on my chances. I'll let you know if i hear anything. Where else are you looking to do work experience

I also applied for a mini-med in Mayo General Hospital but that`s a bit of a rushed experience as it lasts 2 days during the February Mid term. I went to my local pharmacy on work experience last week. I am going to a dentists the first week in March followed by the primary school for my third week as its right across the road from me!

I didn`t get long working with the pharmacist last week as he was really busy. It was mainly the shop I worked in but I got a chance at looking at all the medication when I did date checking and I got to put prescriptions together for a while on my last day :D

Where did anyone else go on work experience?

I emailed RCSI and they said my school haven`t got a place and our schools were notified in early November. :(

I emailed RCSI and they said my school haven`t got a place and our schools were notified in early November. :(

Early November!!! :eek: I would be pretty pissed to not be notified by anyone about that. I still haven't got any news from my school. Don't think i got it

Early November!!! :eek: I would be pretty pissed to not be notified by anyone about that. I still haven't got any news from my school. Don't think i got it

You were asking about work experience in psychology was it? I got a place on a course in St.Patricks in Dublin for a week long course based on mental health. I`m not really interested as I was looking for a course with a more practical side to medicine. However, it might be what you`re looking for as it talks about mental health illnesses, how they are treated and there`s also a first aid course one afternoon! Hope this helps! Here`s a link http://www.stpatricks.ie/transition-year-project

Thanks for that, but it's like the RCSI where they choose certain schools and I haven't heard anything about it from my school but thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Oshealad

I started in a garden centre distributor today couldn't recommend it more ! Hoping for a summer job now

Oshealad wrote: »
    I started in a garden centre distributor today couldn't recommend it more ! Hoping for a summer job now

where did you do that???

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jagoda98x

kimberlyx wrote: »
    how did you get work experience in dublin airport?? :)

Did you get to have work experience in dublin airport ??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I want to be a Meteorologist or Musician / Songwriter when I leave school. I am going to be in TY next year, anybody know of any places that do jobs in these kind of things?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

sryanbruen wrote:
    I want to be a Meteorologist or Musician / Songwriter when I leave school. I am going to be in TY next year, anybody know of any places that do jobs in these kind of things?

Try contacting Met Eireann. A quick Google didn't show anything promising, but if you call them you will find out more.

In regards to music, have you considered going to a recording studio? I can't imagine it being easy to find a placement as a musician or songwriter, but there is probably some similarities with music production. Look into it anyway. Good luck. :)

Advertisement