Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions' Thread ***Info & Results***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

That's a real cool line-up. I'll have to get to one of the shows anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 CPW-Rep

With the Last Man Standing Match just days away, Celtic Pro have released this video, documenting the storied rivalry between Insano and the Celtic Pro Champion, Neil Frenzy.
    Click the link below to view the video on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QELY5eqUK5A

CELTIC REVOLUTION III takes place this Saturday, September 15, in the Good Counsel GAA club, Davitt Road, Drimnagh, D12.
    The event will include a full bar and a night of intense action from start to finish. Celtic Revolution III will have an earlier-than-usual start time...Doors will open at 5:45pm and the show will begin at 6:00pm sharp.
    For more information, and to view the full card, please visit the upcoming events section: http://celticprowrestling.com/upcomingevents.html

splash.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Went out to the training to have a look yesterday. I really have to start training...fast, but first I need money. I have been encouraged to learn that Paul London did not begin training until 21.

According to Wikipedia, he debuted when he was 19. Steve Austin was 24 or 25 when he debuted though. A very good wrestler on the American indies at the moment, Damien Wayne, debuted four years ago when he was 31. I don't think age is a factor unless you let it be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Cool, thanks for that Fozzy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

think i might head to that cpw show. I have'nt been to cpw a show in ages. looks like a good card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

leggo wrote:
    GLOBAL IMPACT DVD RELEASED

iwwdvd_cover_02j.jpg

It was perhaps the most historic, action-packed and internationally star-studded Irish professional wrestling cards in history. Now it can be yours to own on DVD.

IwW Global Impact took place in July last in front of a sold out crowd in The Forum, Waterford and rocked the Irish wrestling world from its foundations with a jam-packed line-up featuring stars who had performed in WWE, TNA, RoH, Pro-Wrestling NOAH and Dragon Gate among elsewhere taking on the very best Ireland has to offer today.

With titles up for grabs, scores to be settled and names to be made, all was on the line and you can watch it all unfold via the comfort of your very own home by purchasing this DVD exclusive.

Included in the jam-packed line-up:

Bam Katrazz defends his IwW Zero Gravity Championship against Pac and Bingo Ballance in an unmissable, pulsating, action-packed triple-threat encounter.

Dragon Gate's Ippei Ota faces a challenge like he's never seen before when he takes on 'The Insane One' Mad Man Manson.

Ballymun Bruiser attempts to make a household name of himself when he challenges ring veteran and former RoH Pure Champion, Doug Williams.

Dragon Kid makes his Irish debut taking on the man who idolised him before becoming a professional wrestler, 'The Heretic' Red Vinny.

Kid Kash and former GHC Heavyweight Champion, Takeshi Rikio, provide the challenge for young Irish sensation Mandrake to overcome in the latter's effort to prove himself to be one of the brightest young talents in pro-wrestling today.

IwW International Heavyweight Champion, Vic Viper, must overcome Dragon Gate stalwart CIMA in an effort to retain the gold.

PLUS: World of Sport legend Chic Cullen referees, DVD extras including pre and post-match interviews and much, much more!

disc.jpg

DVD Information:

Feature Length: 2.5 hours
    Region: 0
    Prices: €14 (Ireland & UK) & €15 (Rest of World). P&P included.

DVD can be purchased via Paypal, simply email si_rochie@yahoo.co.uk for full information.

Alternatively, the DVD will be on sale from:

'The Wrestling Shop'
    Artane Castle
    Artane
    Dublin 3
    Ph: 01-8511423

This is a steal folks for one of the best professional wrestling DVDs of 2007 and one that is not to be missed. Make sure you order your copy while stocks last!

Any one get this DVD yet? If so is it any good? My copy should be at home waiting for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 DerekSmalls

I got it. It's what you'd expect really. Good but not great. I felt sorry fo Bruiser at the start though. There was just no way the little kiddies would cheer him!

I got it. It's what you'd expect really. Good but not great. I felt sorry fo Bruiser at the start though. There was just no way the little kiddies would cheer him!

Is that not a good thing? Isn’t Bruiser a heel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Bruiser was playing face that night, though he just could not get cheered no matter how much Doug Williams heeled it up. The ending was toss, and the live crowd did not like it one bit. Whether that has been edited out remains to be seen. Haven't ordered this yet. Must sort it out.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote:
    Bruiser was playing face that night, though he just could not get cheered no matter how much Doug Williams heeled it up. The ending was toss, and the live crowd did not like it one bit. Whether that has been edited out remains to be seen. Haven't ordered this yet. Must sort it out.

I don't think Bruiser will ever get over as a face, but I think that is a good thing as he plays the heel role so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

IwW Gym War 24 Results
    Sunday 23rd September
    IwW Training Gym,
    Baldoyle,
    Dublin

1) King of the Gym - Semi Final: 'Angry' Andy Barton (w/'Ragin' Rick O'Shea) defeated Tara Doyle

2) 4-on-3 Handicap Match: 'The Kid' Keith Connolly, Wayne Daly & Sonny Friel defeated 'Ragin' Rick O'Shea, Jimmy D, Blagger Boy No. 3 & Sarasen Creed

3) IwW Zero-Gravity Championship Match: Bingo Ballance and Mandrake fought to a draw

4) King of the Gym - Semi-Final: Brother Skelly defeated 'Rugged' Dillon Jones

Brother Skelly & 'Angry' Andy Barton will now face in the final of the King of the Gym 2007 tournament at IwW Gym War 25.

5) 'Rugged' Dillon Jones defeated Bam Katrazz

6) Vic Viper & 'The Man with the Golden Can' Ballymun Bruiser (w/Melody) defeated 'The Heretic' Red Vinny & Irish Dragon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 DerekSmalls

IwW REALLY need to do something about character names. Jimmy D? Big Foot? Also, with regards the nicknames, IwW really over-do it with the alliteration. "Ragin'" Rick O Shea? "Angry" Andy Barton? Even wrestlers names, Vic Viper, Ballymun Bruiser, Bingo Ballance etc....

I'm not knocking IwW at all, I'm just saying they could put a little more thought into their character names....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Kev Rocks

DON'T MISS FFPW's DEBUT IN WOLFETONE COMMUNITY CENTRE ON SEPT. 30

Fight Factory Pro Wrestling hosts it's debut show in the Wolfe Tone Community Centre in Bray, Co. Wicklow on September 30th 2007!

Here is the card thus far!

LAST MAN STANDING for the NWA Ireland Heavyweight Championship - Phil 'The Thrill' Boyd (c) Vs. Paddy 'Suicide Machine' Morrow

These two Wrestlers have fought each other many times but never in a Last Man Standing Match. Phil 'The Thrill' Boyd Defeated Sean 'Maxer' Brennan for the Title back on April 1st 2007 and since then as defended the belt in Ireland, England and Spain but could his Title run come to an end against Paddy 'The Suicide Machine' Morrow! The Former Champion himself, who held the NWA Ireland Championship for an Irish Record of 373 days will look to become a 2-Time NWA Ireland Champion on September 30th in Wolfe Tone.

One thing is for sure... At the end of the night, whoever it may be? the NWA Ireland Champion will be the one who is the Last Man Standing!

NWA Ireland Tag Team Title Match - Team Mega (c) Vs. Georgie Mac & Joey Cabray

NWA Ireland Tag Team Champions Team Mega (Danny Butler & Justin Bred) will have their work cut out for them as they face the duo of Joey Cabray & Georgie Mac. Cabray & Mac are undefeated as a Tag Team in NWA Ireland and earned a Title shot against Team Mega after defeating Paddy Morrow & Robbie Morrisey back in May. Will Team Mega remain Champions or will we be crowning new NWA Ireland Tag Team Champions!!

NWA British Commonwealth Title - Paul Tracey (c) Vs. "Awesome" Andy Phoenix

"Awesome" Andy Phoenix has been on quite a roll these past few months in Ireland and will have a huge opportunity to win his First Major Title when he goes up against Paul Tracey. Tracey, who is an 8-year veteran of the ring has been Commonwealth Champion for over 13 months but will have to be on his top game against Phoenix, who has told us here at nwaireland.com that he has a trick or D-Four up his sleeve!

Also Fight Factory Pro Wrestling's Debut show on September 30th will host the First Round of the Junior Tournament 2007.

The Competitors are yet to be announced for the Tournament but it will involved the best new break through talent that Ireland has to offer. This will be their Platform to shine and a chance to make it onto the NWA Ireland Senior Roster!

Last year, Aguila Artois was Victorious in the Final and both him and beaten Finalist Del PC have both made themselves regular names on the Senior roster. The Question this year is who will be the next Big star for the future?

Also set to appear are The Regency Society, The Firm (Ross Browne & Adam Abz), Sean South, "GRS" Kev Rocks, Del PC, Robbie Morrisey, Gary Cassidy and more.....

It looks like it will all kick off this Sunday September 30th in the Wolfe Tone. Stay Tuned to nwaireland.com for more matches in the coming days.

I was on Mad Man Manson's website today and it says that IwW are doing a show in Tipperary this Sunday (30/9/07) is this true? If so can anyone give more more info on it (Venue, Time, Card, Ticket price, etc....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭eggs

I was on Mad Man Manson's website today and it says that IwW are doing a show in Tipperary this Sunday (30/9/07) is this true? If so can anyone give more more info on it (Venue, Time, Card, Ticket price, etc....)

This show was moved to a different location as of this morning. It will now take place in Abbeyleix, Co. Laois. This town is on the main Cork to Dublin Road.

Abbeyleix GAA Grounds,
    Abbeyleix
    Co. Laois
    This Sunday, September 30th.

Bell-Time is 1.30pm

It is part of the Macra Festival.

Tickets are €10.

eggs wrote:
    This show was moved to a different location as of this morning. It will now take place in Abbeyleix, Co. Laois. This town is on the main Cork to Dublin Road.

Abbeyleix GAA Grounds,
    Abbeyleix
    Co. Laois
    This Sunday, September 30th.

Bell-Time is 1.30pm

It is part of the Macra Festival.

Tickets are €10.

Ahh S**T, thanks for the info eggs.

Results from FFPW's Premiere Show - 30th September!

This is the fallout from FFPW's Premiere show in the Wolfe Tone Community Centre in Bray Co. Wiclow on September 30th.

The Show Kicked off with all 4 members of The Regency Society making their way to the ring to tell the crowd in attendance that they would win both No.1 contender matches tonight and together they would go on to 'The Night Of Champions' show and Win The Tag Team Title! But before they could finish, The Firm made their way to ring to make goals known to the crowd and one-by-one embrassed each member of Socitey. But that was not all as The Freakin' Puerto Rican's entered the ring and in Spanish told the crowd they would be 'Victouiso en la Lucha Libre'.

In the opening Match Del PC Defeated 'The Glamrock Superstar Kev Rocks

The Second match was the First Round of the Junior Tournament 07. The match itself was an over the top rope Battle Royal which involved 8 of Ireland's Brightest New Talents. In the end it was Kid Krazy who out lasted them all to take Max Points from the 1st Round. Thunder Titan, Jenny Skojin, Johnny X and Evan Matthew Orson were the others to make it into the points.

The Third Match was a No.1 Contenders match and it involved The Firm going up against The Hawksworth Brothers of The Regency Socitey. After a Back and Forth Match. The hawksworths booked their spot in The Tag Team Triple Threat Match at 'Night of Champions'.

Match Number 4 was a Triple Threat Match which saw Gary Cassidy end his losing streak by pinning Sean South who in-turn lost his winning streak. The Match also involved Robbie Morrisey who was accompanied to the Ring by Paddy Morrow, but near the end of the match, Phil Boyd attcked Morrow from behind, driving him face first into the steel corner post and while Morrisey came to the aid of his good friend it left enough time for Gary Cassidy to pick up a huge victory.

The Next Match saw The Regency Society take the Second place in the Tag Team Triple Threat Match at 'Night of Champions' as Aguila Artois and Sir Michael W. Winchester defeated The Freakin' Puerto Rican.

The sixth match saw Paul Tracey Retain his NWA-UK British Commonwealth Championship by Defeating 'Awesome' Andy Phoenix who who accompanied to the ring by 'The Manager of Misery' Gerry Soul.

Next up, was a Last Man Standing Match for the NWA Ireland Heavyweight Championship, where Paddy 'Suicide Machine' Morrow Challenged Phil 'The Thrill' Boyd for the Title. After a bloody match which involved a Barbwire Hurley! It was Paddy Morrow who could not answer a 10-count after being smashed over the head with the barbed-wire hurley by Robbie Morrisey.It looked like Morrisey was rushing to the ring to help Morrow but instead turned on his run-in buddy and layed him out for the 10-count. More news on this story as soon as we get it. This all meant that Phil Boyd Retained the NWA Ireland Heavyweight Championship.

The Main Event saw the top two Tag Teams at the moment in Ireland go 2-on-2 for the NWA Ireland Tag Team Championships, it was champions... Team Mega versus the winner of the 'Wrestling Mania' Tag Team Invitional Joey Cabray & Georgie Mac. In an exciting match which could have went either way, Team Mega Defeated Cabray & Mac to Retain their spot at the top of the tag team division in Ireland. But the celebrations for Team Mega will be short lived as they must perpare to face both Tag Teams of The Regancy Socitey in a Triple Threat Tag Team Match at FFPW's next Show 'Night of Champions'!

Quick Results: Del PC Def. Kev Rocks

Kid Krazy won the 1st round of the Junior Tournament 07'

The Hawksworths Def. The Firm

Gary Cassidy Def. Sean South & Robbie Morrisey

The Regency Socitey Def. The Freakin' Puerto Ricans

Paul Tracey Def. Andy Phoenix to retain the NWA British Commonwealth Championship.

Phil Boyd Def. Paddy Morrow in a Last Man Standing Match to Retain the NWA Ireland Heavyweight Championship

Team Mega Def. Joey Cabray & Georgie Mac to Retain the NWA Ireland Tag Team Championships.

We would like to thank all who attended

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

A Barbed Wire Hurley!? Ah, reminds me of Zandig versus Justice Pain in Tallaght all those years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

A Barbed Wire Hurley!? Ah, reminds me of Zandig versus Justice Pain in Tallaght all those years ago...

BEST.FOREIGN OBJECT.EVER:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CelticPro Rep

BALLYFERMOT MEDIA COLLEGE: MONDAY, OCTOBER 22, 7pm

Celtic Pro Wrestling presents another fast-paced, action-packed night of action.

This Monday, October 22, at 7 pm in Ballyfermot Media College (beside Tesco).

Admission is free.

The card will feature Celtic Pro regulars:

'The Housewives' Favourite, Darragh Galligan vs. 'Sugar Free' Brian Andrews

The Celtic Pro Tag Team Champions, D4! will defend their titles against Thunder Titan and Lee Lightning

'Delicious' Darren will face off against US-import, 'The American RockStar' CJ Summers.

Plus more matches to be announced on the night...

The night will be main evented with an exciting, no-holds-barred Ladder Match, between 'The Convict' John Jennings and Insano for the Irish Championship!

This show is going to be recorded by the Second Year Students of Ballyfermot College. Celtic Pro would like to thank them for all their help.

Because admission is free, seating will be limited. come early to avoid dissapointment. All the action begins at 7pm, with doors opening at 6:45!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I was at that the other night! Was a good laugh, although the ladder was all busted up by the end of the match and collapsed with one of the guys standing on top of it, looked pretty nasty! Was a fun show though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Good idea doing the freebie in the college, while being recorded by students of said college. In a lot of cases, exposure is a lot more important than gate receipts. :)

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 HI V

Exposure Is Good, Granted But At Da End Of The Day, It Dosent Pay The Bills Or Any Of The Wrestlers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

HI V wrote: »
    Exposure Is Good, Granted But At Da End Of The Day, It Dosent Pay The Bills Or Any Of The Wrestlers

Why Are You Shouting?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

No, but thats why most of them have day jobs ;)
    Why Are You Shouting?

Why are you saying he is? I can't see him typing in caps?
    VR!

But don't a lot of them pay to be trained?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 HI V

Its only my opinion,thats all.

New Japan Pro Wrestling have entered into a programme with TNA Wrestling which involves a series of interpromotional matches beginning on November 11th in Japan.

One of the matches on the card pits NWA Ireland star Fergal Devitt teaming with his partner Minuro, taking on the TNA pairing of 'Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels and Senshi (Low Ki).

NWA Ireland will keep our fans up to date on any more details on the match build up as they are released hight here on www.nwaireland.com as Irelands most successful wrestler continues to take on the world.

Fair play to Fergal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

as Irelands most successful wrestler continues to take on the world.

I hope Finlay doesn't read that bit :)

Well done, Mr. Devitt BTW.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement