Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions' Thread ***Info & Results***

Options
1727374757678»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

gimmick wrote: »
    Haha, it could be real life faction warfare - IWW Vs The Munster Mafia in a war games style affair.

Things have just go interesting. Though I reckon we should meet in neutral territory like Galway or something.

ha galway,the new mecca of wrestling!!!!this would be nothing but beneficial to irish wrestling!!!!im having a hard time distinguishing the heels and faces though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭IwWInfo

August 15th Ballybunion, Kerry
    #1 Contenders Match
    Matt Vaughan defeated The Supermodel to advance to a triple threat Zero Gravity title match

#1 Contenders Match
    Angus J. Rotanda defeated The Ballymun Bruiser to advance to a triple threat Zero Gravity Title Match

IWW Zero-Gravity Championship Match

La Warren retained his title against Angus J. Rotanda and Matt Vaughan

Angus J. Rotanda and Matt Vaughan beat The Supermodel and La Warren

August 15th Kilkee, Co Clare

The King Of Kilkee Tournament

Semi-Final Match
    Matt Vaughan defeated The Supermodel to advance to the final

Semi-Final Match
    La Warren defeated The Ballymun Bruiser to advance to the final

King Of Kilkee Final
    La Warren pinned Matt Vaughan to win the King Of Kilkee Trophy

The Ballymun Bruiser and Matt Vaughan beat The Supermodel and La Warren

On August 15th Irish Whip Wrestling achieved a huge milestone because as a result of the show in Ballybunion, Co. Kerry, IWW has now ran shows in every county in the Republic Of Ireland. This feat has never been done by any other wrestling promotion local or foreign. Also IWW would like to give a big thanks to all who turned up to the shows this past weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Didn't see anything promoting the show in Ballybunion. I wonder what the attendance was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Rawm2008

Jesus christ 5 GUYS!!! that is very patheic in my books that there was only 5 Wrestlers on both shows, and only 4 matches with each guy doing double duty, why doesnt IWW just call it a day and give it up.

Weather the shows drew or not, people there prob thought this is **** we payed so much for 4 matches, and the same 4 guys, unless these shows were an hour each in length, 4 matches to fill out a nomral wrestling show length must of been REALLY boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Crunkussion

Luas Lane wrote: »
    Where is the Fight Factory show on tonight?? As far as i know its in Bray but whats the address or the best way to get to it once i get into the town?

10 Dublin Rd. Bray. Co. Wicklow

Which I think is the industrial estate with the furniture shop at the front. Google Maps should show you where it is.

Edit: Sorry, I got it wrong, I was looking at their bebo but their website says Chapel Lane, gave myself trouble finding it too, good show :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Quick question: what the hell is going on in here? This thread was temporarily locked recently for less than this mess folks.

In the last page we have one user calling other users of the site dickheads, a link to a comment made bu a user on another site and calling it dickish behaviour (I'd be more annoyed about that one if it weren't so ironic), a professional wrestlere offering to drive to a users home town for a face to face confrontation, at least one instance of back-seat modding, and that's before I go into the subtext and subtle veiled stuff in a whole bunch of other posts. I barely even know where to begin.

This warning is to every single user on this thread and forum.This is a forum for discussion, not for public shit-slinging and to air your personal gripes with others. Take it to PM if you want to talk about PRIVATE concerns, this is a public forum and for general discussion. If you have an issue with a post report it and leave it to the mods, it's what we are here for.

If this kind of thing happens on this thread again there will be bans and infractions for everyone involved and the thread may be locked permenantly. Meet us half way on this folks, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

IwWInfo wrote: »
    August 15th Ballybunion, Kerry
    #1 Contenders Match
    Matt Vaughan defeated The Supermodel to advance to a triple threat Zero Gravity title match

#1 Contenders Match
    Angus J. Rotanda defeated The Ballymun Bruiser to advance to a triple threat Zero Gravity Title Match

IWW Zero-Gravity Championship Match

La Warren retained his title against Angus J. Rotanda and Matt Vaughan

Angus J. Rotanda and Matt Vaughan beat The Supermodel and La Warren

August 15th Kilkee, Co Clare

The King Of Kilkee Tournament

Semi-Final Match
    Matt Vaughan defeated The Supermodel to advance to the final

Semi-Final Match
    La Warren defeated The Ballymun Bruiser to advance to the final

King Of Kilkee Final
    La Warren pinned Matt Vaughan to win the King Of Kilkee Trophy

The Ballymun Bruiser and Matt Vaughan beat The Supermodel and La Warren

On August 15th Irish Whip Wrestling achieved a huge milestone because as a result of the show in Ballybunion, Co. Kerry, IWW has now ran shows in every county in the Republic Of Ireland. This feat has never been done by any other wrestling promotion local or foreign. Also IWW would like to give a big thanks to all who turned up to the shows this past weekend.

Any photos of the King of Kilkee trophy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭GerrySoul

orestes can i make a suggestion......once and for all close this thread. i'm not trying to tell you what to do or try to be a mod but this forum is a joke. i think if irish promotions have a genuine reason to post something on boards they should just create a new thread and go from there.

just my 2 cents

actually had a better idea. lock the thread but dont delete it. when a promotion has something to post in the thread they send it to either yourself or BOUNTY HUNTER( he's the new mod yes???) and then ya's post it in the thread. just a suggestion.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

GerrySoul wrote: »
    actually had a better idea. lock the thread but dont delete it. when a promotion has something to post in the thread they send it to either yourself or BOUNTY HUNTER( he's the new mod yes???) and then ya's post it in the thread. just a suggestion.

yes I am the New mod.

I said this in another thread but...

If you have a suggestion for a mod and dont want to come off as back seat modding just PM us with it, we dont want to lock / delete this thread, we want to have discussion about Irish wrestling on this Irish PW board but if there is not a serious improvement in this thread we will act. Perhaps we would consider what has been suggested so that atleast the news will still get out there but such a decision will obviosuly be taking in conjunction with the other mods and we might just do away with the thread as the posters in this thread have been warned far far more times than those in others, so please please guys heed this warning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Complete locking and only allowing promotion representitives to post would be worse.

The internet presence of Irish wrestling is marginalised enough as it is. Take away discussion on boards.ie and then there is no discussion because the promotions themselves do nothing to support it. The promotions shoot themselves in the foot and also further disband the internet community there used to be.

Without discussion taking place, people will hardly pay notice to a thread filled with a once in a while ad for a show.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Complete locking and only allowing promotion representitives to post would be worse.

The internet presence of Irish wrestling is marginalised enough as it is. Take away discussion on boards.ie and then there is no discussion because the promotions themselves do nothing to support it. The promotions shoot themselves in the foot and also further disband the internet community there used to be.

Without discussion taking place, people will hardly pay notice to a thread filled with a once in a while ad for a show.

very true, like i said we want to have a place to discuss Irish wrestling on this Irish PW forum. Sounds simple enough and should the posters here act correctly then thats what will happen here.

So as someone who wouldent usually post in here and honestly doesent know a huge amount about the current local scene here is a simple question to maybe get the discussion going again (in a civil manner :)), which Wrestler on the Irish scene atm has the most potential/promise in your opinion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

which Wrestler on the Irish scene atm has the most potential/promise in your opinion?

Conor Hurley :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

So as someone who wouldent usually post in here and honestly doesent know a huge amount about the current local scene here is a simple question to maybe get the discussion going again (in a civil manner :)), which Wrestler on the Irish scene atm has the most potential/promise in your opinion?

For me, although he's not around so much atm, Red Vinny is a hugely exciting guy, and always delivers. I also thought he had alot of untapped potential.
    I haven't seen much of Paddy Morrow and Shawn Maxer, but both those guys look great, and I can't wait to see them live. Meanwhile, I think Dunkan Disorderly is hugely underrated- he's a really solid talent.

Paddy and Maxer would be right at home in the likes of Dragon Gate or Ring of Honor or even the TNA X Division. They are our two best prospects for producing the next Fergal Devitt.

Devitt himself will be huge within the next 5 years I think. He is just starting to get some individual spotlight in New Japan and is crazy over at the moment. I've been keeping tabs and giving star ratings to matches all over the world and Devitt I think is on course to be one of the 3 best wrestlers of the year in ring wise.

I think he'd have a ton of US indy bookings if he ever wanted to go that route. I could see him being a kind of second coming of AJ Styles in TNA too. He would possibly make it to the WWE some day but I doubt that would be the best place for him. They wouldn't know what to do with him and tone down so much of what makes his matches great.

Joe Cabray is pretty solid too and has the right look. His new Omen gimmick is pretty ****ing aweome as well. I could see him getting work with that if he wants to turn his attention away from AWR.

Rebecca Knox if she ever made a full scale comeback would wind up in either TNA or WWE I'm almost certain.

Vic Viper was pretty good, just need to keep him away from a mic. Southy will always have a stream of indy work I feel. Justin Shape/Justin Bred/Gun Barrell Farrell, whatever he wants to call himself these days is pretty good too and has a natural charisma.

Then past that, there are a few guys who are decent in the ring, and some guys who are decent with character that won't disappoint if put on a card.

Paddy and Maxer would be right at home in the likes of Dragon Gate or Ring of Honor or even the TNA X Division. They are our two best prospects for producing the next Fergal Devitt.

Devitt himself will be huge within the next 5 years I think. He is just starting to get some individual spotlight in New Japan and is crazy over at the moment. I've been keeping tabs and giving star ratings to matches all over the world and Devitt I think is on course to be one of the 3 best wrestlers of the year in ring wise.

I think he'd have a ton of US indy bookings if he ever wanted to go that route. I could see him being a kind of second coming of AJ Styles in TNA too. He would possibly make it to the WWE some day but I doubt that would be the best place for him. They wouldn't know what to do with him and tone down so much of what makes his matches great.

Joe Cabray is pretty solid too and has the right look. His new Omen gimmick is pretty ****ing aweome as well. I could see him getting work with that if he wants to turn his attention away from AWR.

Rebecca Knox if she ever made a full scale comeback would wind up in either TNA or WWE I'm almost certain.

Vic Viper was pretty good, just need to keep him away from a mic. Southy will always have a stream of indy work I feel. Justin Shape/Justin Bred/Gun Barrell Farrell, whatever he wants to call himself these days is pretty good too and has a natural charisma.

Then past that, there are a few guys who are decent in the ring, and some guys who are decent with character that won't disappoint if put on a card.

whats this new omen gimmick you speak of?i know a guy that was gonna use that name omen,just thought id let him know if a guy all ready has a similiar gimmick to what he wants to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭FFPW_Dean

Results from FFPW's Friends & Family Show, 23rd August 2009:

Quick Results:

MC: Peter Farrell
    Referee: Tommy McNulty (Belfast)

Laura McGoran def 'Hi-Jynx' Peter Wilson following her "Deathplex" finisher

Barry Malone vs Dean Maxwell ended in a double DQ

The Executioner def 'Glam Rock Superstar' Kev Rocks via pinfall

Kurtis Maximus def 'Stormin' Terry Norman via pinfall following 2 Stunners

Phil Boyd & Dean Maxwell def Dean Dooley & Barry Malone

Paddy 'Suicide Machine' Morrow def Sean 'Maxer' Brennan & Paul Tracey in a triple threat match when he pinned Sean 'Maxer' Brennan

Recap:

The show opened with an intergender contest between Laura McGoran & young highflier Peter Wilson. Although usually at the disadvantage in terms of size & strength, McGoran found herself in the odd position of being the more powerful competitor in this contest. Using this to her full advantage she dominated most of the contest on the young exciting flier. Wilson was able to mount a comeback, however he was cut short & caught with a devastating "Deathplex" by the Belfast native.

The next contest ended up being marred in controversy. After a few solid minutes of back & forth action between Barry Malone & Dean Maxwell, Malone would ascend to the top rope to hit some sort of flying manouvre on a prone Dean Maxwell, his plan would not come to fruition on the rarely defeated Maxwell however, as he was attacked by Phil Boyd for immensely entertaining reasons unknown. This prompted a save to be made by Dean Dooley, ensuring the match ended in a double DQ.
    After the bell Dooley issued a challenge for a tag team contest later in the evening, it was made official by MC Peter Farrell, who when questioned of his authority to do such things, simply replied "I'm Justin Charge."

Following this was the arrival to FFPW of a man simply known as "The Executioner." Not much was known of this man except that he is large, scary, and quite enjoys inflicting pain. He tangled with Kev Rocks, FFPW's resident lover of all things 80s, a man who claims he is so glam that he pisses glitter. Opposites certainly did not attract in this contest which was suprisingly evenly matched, Kev Rocks may be small but he can fight like a rabid dog. . . covered in zebra skin spandex.
    The contest ended when Rocks was caught by in an excrutiating backbreaker and pinned.

After that, 'Stormin' Terry Norman took on Kurtis 'Please Dont Hurt Us' Maximus for about the 6th or 7th time. These two are quickly building a fierce rivalry in FFPW, and usually it does not end well for Terry Norman. This time he was on the recieving end of not one but two stunners and pinned convincingly.

The first non singles match of the night followed, pitting Dean Dooley & Barry Malone against Phil 'The Thrill' Boyd & Dean Maxwell, in a long tag team contest which saw Dooley absorb most of the punishment. Eventually the young Kildare man broke free & was able to tag in Malone who went on a tear like some sort of culchie hulk. Boyd & Malone soon spilled outside leaving Dooley & Maxwell in the ring, after a shot with a foreign object which looked a lot like spare parts to the FFPW fully equipped 16foot professional standard wrestling ring (cough cheap plug cometo_ourgymifyouwannawrestle) Dooley was knocked unconscious. Ever the showman Maxwell hit a picture perfect top rope leg drop to seal the deal while Boyd held Malone on the outside of the aforementioned amazingly slick ring.

The main event of the evening pitted arguably the three finest wrestlers in Ireland & three former NWA Ireland Champions against each other in a triple threat match. This match would spill all over the Fight Factory as these three had one of the most entertaining & fun pro wrestling matches seen in all of Ireland this year.
    The match would be won by Paddy Morrow who ingeniously reversed a back body drop from Paul Tracey into a sunset flip roll up on Sean Brennan for a pinfall.

Overall a Friends & Family show that may be considered one of the best in the series thus far.

Pics of the day:

99820087a11477783060l.jpg

The Executioner Arrives in FFPW

99820087a11477831707l.jpg

Dean Dooley evades Dean Maxwell

99820087a11477831809l.jpg

Paddy Morrow does something ridiculously cool

FFPW Would like to thank all who attended todays event & look forward to the future of the Friends & Family series of events, hope to see you there.

130600979a10995196263l.jpg

That's the Omen gimmick.

k cool man thanks.my mate had something else in mind.is he going by the name omen or joey cabray?pretty sweet mask

I think he alternates between the two. Not sure though.

• Advertisement

GerrySoul wrote: »

No.

We volunteer our time, we willl not go along the route of approving every post. Is it too much to ask for users to post appropriately without needing every post needing mod approval?

How about the users just act like adults? Is that too much to ask? We're caretakers, not babsitters.

orestes wrote: »
    No.

We volunteer our time, we willl not go along the route of approving every post. Is it too much to ask for users to post appropriately without needing every post needing mod approval?

How about the users just act like adults? Is that too much to ask? We're caretakers, not babsitters.

Ok orestes. Thank you for replying so quickly. i'm sure we can get this going again. I'm sure with you and bounty hunter on the case it'll run smoothly. Never actually got to say it but WELL DONE BOUNTY HUNTER. The mod name suits you well.

To answer your question BOUNTY HUNTER in my opinion Sean Maxer is the guy with the most potential. He is simply that good. He is argueably the best in the country(i don't count fergal devitt in this as he very very very rarely wrestles in ireland anymore) and he has proven it with some of the best in the world like RVD. We will see GREAT things from maxer mark my words.

Also was at the Freinds and Family FFPW show yesterday and i can't remember when i enjoyed a show so much as i did that one. They might be small shows but it was solid. Both Dooley and Maxwell are improving greatly and the triple threat main event with Maxer, Paul Tracey and Paddy Morrow was Amazing. As good if not BETTER than there stuff i've seen for AWR.

After deliberation amongst the PW mods this thread is locked. It's tainted and tarnished beyond salvation and we're gonna start again with a fresh slate for everyone, new Irish Promotions thread will be posted shortly, and believe me when I say we will be keeping a close eye on it to avoid this state of affairs happening again. Sorry folks, but our hands have been forced on this one and we feel a blank slate and fresh start is the only way to go at this point.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement