Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions' Thread ***Info & Results***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Easy gents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Sooooo......

Anyone else thinking about heading to Bray to see "Christmas Crackdown"? Fergal always puts on a stellar match!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Sooooo......

Anyone else thinking about heading to Bray to see "Christmas Crackdown"? Fergal always puts on a stellar match!

I probably will actually. :p Fergal's an awesome talent and a credit to NWA Ireland.:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

wouldnt mind going to nwa either. last time i seen fergal was in nlw in naas good few months ago and he had a really good match with abz. his in ring skills have changed so much aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

IRISH WHIP WRESTLING PRESENTS.... GYM WARS 25

Date: Sunday, December 2nd, 2007
    Doors: 6.15pm
    Bell-time: 6.30pm
    Venue: IwW Gym, Unit 61A, Baldoyle Industrial Estate, Dublin 13.
    Tickets: €5

IwW’s Gym Wars events- emanating from their training facility in Baldoyle, in north Dublin- have proven to be some of the most popular events in the promotion’s history, and provided some truly memorable moments.

When 2006 was coming to a close, Wayne Daly was crowned as the inaugural King of the Gym, in a knockout tournament to recognise the finest new talent in IwW. So ended Gym Wars 17, the final installment of that year. This year, as the Gym Wars events draw to a close with Gym Wars 25, IwW will once again crown a King of the Gym, after several months of gruelling competition for the tournament’s combatants. Along with this highly anticipated final, all the regular IwW stars will do battle in what is sure to be an unforgettable night of action no one will want to miss. Here is some of what’s in store for the final Gym Wars of 2007...

A MONUMENTAL TAG ENCOUNTER

At Gym Wars 24, then-Zero Gravity Champion Bingo Ballance defended his Championship against Mandrake, in a hard-hitting contest that saw both men pull out all the stops to gain victory. While The Black-Heart Warrior’s Devil Driver, and Decapitator, failed to keep the Champion down for a three-count, Ballance himself was unsuccessful in pinning the challenger, blasting him with a springboard enziguri and frog splash, and earning only two counts each time. The ‘Zenith of Zero Gravity’ looked set to finish things with his G-17 finisher, but old foe The Ballymun Bruiser intervened, laying waste to both champion and challenger. ‘The Man with the Golden Can’ wasn’t alone, however, and was joined by IwW International Heavyweight Champion Vic Viper, who looked to capitalise on the battered state of Mandrake, a man who has been a thorn in the champion’s side all year, and been his fiercest rival. A SnakeBite and DDT, respectively, capped off an horrific and unprovoked attack on Ballance and Mandrake.

This vicious attack would not go unavenged, however... Bruiser & Viper would successfully team later in the evening, defeating ‘The Heretic’ Red Vinny & The Irish Dragon. Bruiser & Viper continued the beatdown of Dragon after the match, after the desertion of Red Vinny, but they were run off by Ballance & Mandrake, who extended a challenge for a tag match at Gym Wars 25.

The animosity between these two teams has been absolutely bubbling over in the weeks and months following Gym Wars 24, and on December 2nd, all this will come to a head in what is destined to be an explosive contest.

A KING IS CROWNED

The King of the Gym Tournament this year has showcased the best graduates of the IwW Training School, and provided some scorching match-ups that won’t soon be forgotten. What started with eight will now come down to two, as Brother Skelly and ‘Angry’ Andy Barton will compete to determine who is the brightest star on the IwW horizon.

Skelly’s road to the final has been extremely tough. Wrestling through illness in the quarter finals, he managed to defeat Marty Gore, in an impressive showing for the plucky youngster, while his semi-final victory over the high-seeded ‘Rugged’ Dillon Jones showed just how much heart this ‘Little Rascal’ has, as he managed to overcome the sheer raw power of the hard-hitting newcomer. Does Skelly have what it takes, though, to knock the angriest man in Irish Whip off his perch, and become the 2007 King of the Gym?

‘Angry’ Andy Barton has made a name for himself in a very short period of time in IwW. Barton has already done battle with the likes of Mad Man Manson, Bingo Ballance, Bam Katraz and The Ballymun Bruiser, and has proved himself to be a force to be reckoned with, in and out of the ring. Though Barton may have found a kindred spirit, of sorts, in ‘Raging’ Rick O’Shea recently, he must go it alone on December 2nd, as he does battle with Brother Skelly for the title of King of the Gym. With victories over ‘The Kid’ Keith Connolly (quarter finals) and Tara Doyle (semi-finals) under his proverbial belt, Barton heads into Gym Wars 25 with a lot of momentum behind him, and one wonders if this will propel him to success as he tangles with Skelly.

The King of the Gym tournament has showcased the talents of these two magnificent athletes, but on Sunday, December 2nd, only one will emerge with his hand raised in victory.

ALSO APPEARING...

Some of IwW’s finest will also be in action at Gym Wars 25:
    MAD MAN MANSON
    IwW Zero Gravity Champion RED VINNY
    BAM KATRAZ
    ‘RUGGED’ DILLON JONES
    WAYNE DALY
    KEITH CONNOLLY
    LA WARREN
    CAPTAIN ROONEY

.... and many many more!

Be sure to catch this fantastic show, and a memorable final Gym Wars of 2007.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

flahavaj wrote: »
    Certainly. I've been to 4 IWW shows actually. I went on each occasion because the draws were international talent: Styles/ Daniels/Sabin/Raven/Go Shiosaki etc. Having witnessed the action first hand I have formed the opinion that the home grown talent of IWW is pretty poor in standard and not worth me spending my money on them alone. If in future they import any more international stars that I fancy seeing I'll pop along again and sit through the bad wrestling they put on if it means getting to see someone I mightn't otherwise get the opportunity to see. I've been to one NWA ireland show and thougt the in ring work was superior to IWW and in general the emphasis on in ring action to be more to my liking.

And of course the IWW drugs thingy is a good thing. How could it possibly not be? This whole kerfuffle started over a comment that pointed out the drug problems in wrestling as a whole, not a dig at IWW as others have taken it.

And thank you for putting your questions in a civilised manner that promotes constructive debate. You're the only one to be reasonable about this thus far and not find accusations that really aren't there.:D

Only getting a chance to get back to you now on this. Firstly, given that this thread is to promote Irish promotions and their activities, you will see how your point was out of place, even if well intended and tongue in cheek.

On your attending IWW shows, we try to put on something for everybody on shows, and when possible, we will book international talent to give wrestling fans (Like you) the chance to see wrestlers outside our roster.

With regards to you feeling that some of the home grown talent is inferior, the fact that much of them get regular bookings in both the UK and further afield and with many different promotions does tell us that our talent base has much to offer wrestling fans. Also, the fact that we can attract both the foreign talent and fans in constantly (Several of the shows in the October tour sold out) does show how well received Irish Whip is in the sport so we must be doing a lot right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭eggs

leggo wrote: »
    IRISH WHIP WRESTLING PRESENTS.... GYM WARS 25

Date: Sunday, December 2nd, 2007
    Doors: 6.15pm
    Bell-time: 6.30pm
    Venue: IwW Gym, Unit 61A, Baldoyle Industrial Estate, Dublin 13.
    Tickets: €5

IwW’s Gym Wars events- emanating from their training facility in Baldoyle, in north Dublin- have proven to be some of the most popular events in the promotion’s history, and provided some truly memorable moments.

When 2006 was coming to a close, Wayne Daly was crowned as the inaugural King of the Gym, in a knockout tournament to recognise the finest new talent in IwW. So ended Gym Wars 17, the final installment of that year. This year, as the Gym Wars events draw to a close with Gym Wars 25, IwW will once again crown a King of the Gym, after several months of gruelling competition for the tournament’s combatants. Along with this highly anticipated final, all the regular IwW stars will do battle in what is sure to be an unforgettable night of action no one will want to miss. Here is some of what’s in store for the final Gym Wars of 2007...

A MONUMENTAL TAG ENCOUNTER

At Gym Wars 24, then-Zero Gravity Champion Bingo Ballance defended his Championship against Mandrake, in a hard-hitting contest that saw both men pull out all the stops to gain victory. While The Black-Heart Warrior’s Devil Driver, and Decapitator, failed to keep the Champion down for a three-count, Ballance himself was unsuccessful in pinning the challenger, blasting him with a springboard enziguri and frog splash, and earning only two counts each time. The ‘Zenith of Zero Gravity’ looked set to finish things with his G-17 finisher, but old foe The Ballymun Bruiser intervened, laying waste to both champion and challenger. ‘The Man with the Golden Can’ wasn’t alone, however, and was joined by IwW International Heavyweight Champion Vic Viper, who looked to capitalise on the battered state of Mandrake, a man who has been a thorn in the champion’s side all year, and been his fiercest rival. A SnakeBite and DDT, respectively, capped off an horrific and unprovoked attack on Ballance and Mandrake.

This vicious attack would not go unavenged, however... Bruiser & Viper would successfully team later in the evening, defeating ‘The Heretic’ Red Vinny & The Irish Dragon. Bruiser & Viper continued the beatdown of Dragon after the match, after the desertion of Red Vinny, but they were run off by Ballance & Mandrake, who extended a challenge for a tag match at Gym Wars 25.

The animosity between these two teams has been absolutely bubbling over in the weeks and months following Gym Wars 24, and on December 2nd, all this will come to a head in what is destined to be an explosive contest.

A KING IS CROWNED

The King of the Gym Tournament this year has showcased the best graduates of the IwW Training School, and provided some scorching match-ups that won’t soon be forgotten. What started with eight will now come down to two, as Brother Skelly and ‘Angry’ Andy Barton will compete to determine who is the brightest star on the IwW horizon.

Skelly’s road to the final has been extremely tough. Wrestling through illness in the quarter finals, he managed to defeat Marty Gore, in an impressive showing for the plucky youngster, while his semi-final victory over the high-seeded ‘Rugged’ Dillon Jones showed just how much heart this ‘Little Rascal’ has, as he managed to overcome the sheer raw power of the hard-hitting newcomer. Does Skelly have what it takes, though, to knock the angriest man in Irish Whip off his perch, and become the 2007 King of the Gym?

‘Angry’ Andy Barton has made a name for himself in a very short period of time in IwW. Barton has already done battle with the likes of Mad Man Manson, Bingo Ballance, Bam Katraz and The Ballymun Bruiser, and has proved himself to be a force to be reckoned with, in and out of the ring. Though Barton may have found a kindred spirit, of sorts, in ‘Raging’ Rick O’Shea recently, he must go it alone on December 2nd, as he does battle with Brother Skelly for the title of King of the Gym. With victories over ‘The Kid’ Keith Connolly (quarter finals) and Tara Doyle (semi-finals) under his proverbial belt, Barton heads into Gym Wars 25 with a lot of momentum behind him, and one wonders if this will propel him to success as he tangles with Skelly.

The King of the Gym tournament has showcased the talents of these two magnificent athletes, but on Sunday, December 2nd, only one will emerge with his hand raised in victory.

ALSO APPEARING...

Some of IwW’s finest will also be in action at Gym Wars 25:
    MAD MAN MANSON
    IwW Zero Gravity Champion RED VINNY
    BAM KATRAZ
    ‘RUGGED’ DILLON JONES
    WAYNE DALY
    KEITH CONNOLLY
    LA WARREN
    CAPTAIN ROONEY

.... and many many more!

Be sure to catch this fantastic show, and a memorable final Gym Wars of 2007.

It will be the final Gym War of 2007.

Hamndegger wrote: »
    Only getting a chance to get back to you now on this. Firstly, given that this thread is to promote Irish promotions and their activities, you will see how your point was out of place, even if well intended and tongue in cheek.

On your attending IWW shows, we try to put on something for everybody on shows, and when possible, we will book international talent to give wrestling fans (Like you) the chance to see wrestlers outside our roster.

With regards to you feeling that some of the home grown talent is inferior, the fact that much of them get regular bookings in both the UK and further afield and with many different promotions does tell us that our talent base has much to offer wrestling fans. Also, the fact that we can attract both the foreign talent and fans in constantly (Several of the shows in the October tour sold out) does show how well received Irish Whip is in the sport so we must be doing a lot right.

I think on future if someone is going to speak out on behalf of IWW you should do the job man. At least you're able to talk reasonably and accept criticism and give a level headed answer. Unlike certain other hapless employees and gormless fans who insist on getting their knickers in a twist over nothing.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

I think on future if someone is going to speak out on behalf of IWW you should do the job man. At least you're able to talk reasonably and accept criticism and give a level headed answer. Unlike certain other hapless employees and gormless fans who insist on getting their knickers in a twist over nothing.:rolleyes:

The word "gormless" should be used more often.

Yeah so anyway I think I might head along to "Christmas Crackdown", its been a long time since I've seen NWA-I in action. The only problem is that I always plan on going to these things and then on the day just don't bother!

Thank you for your kind words to me; hopefully the next kind words will be from you about Gym Wars in 2 weeks time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Thank you for your kind words to me; hopefully the next kind words will be from you about Gym Wars in 2 weeks time :)

CHEAP PLUG :cool:

Don't push it man!:D

jeffk wrote: »
    CHEAP PLUG :cool:

Your also invited to Gym Wars, Jeffrey :D

Your also invited to Gym Wars, Jeffrey :D

:cool: Ill be there to cheer skelly on :D

jeffk wrote: »
    :cool: Ill be there to cheer skelly on :D

And boo "Angry" Andy Barton in the final of the 2007 King of the Gym? In the words of Lance Russell, it is going to be a daaaaandy of a match up!:)

And boo "Angry" Andy Barton in the final of the 2007 King of the Gym? In the words of Lance Russell, it is going to be a daaaaandy of a match up!:)

I will indeed,just glad i didnt miss the final as i thought it was @ the last one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭IwWInfo

IwW @ Portlaoise, Co. Laois, Nov 25, 2007:
    * LA Warren pinned Sonny Friel

* 'Angry' Andy Barton pinned Captain Rooney

* 'Mr. GAA' Conor Hurley beat Ballymun Bruiser by DQ

* Flag Match: Bingo Ballance (Ire) pinned G-Man (Eng)

* 8-Man Tag: Conor Hurley, Sonny Friel, Captain Rooney & Bingo Ballance beat Ballymun Bruiser, LA Warren, G-Man & Andy Barton.

* Last Man Standing Match: Mad Man Manson beat International Champion Vic Viper in a non-title bout.

If anyone has any photos from the Portlaoise show that they would like to share, could they e-mail them to IwWInfo@gmail.com. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 HI V

There's an article in today's News of The World on The Ballymun Bruiser. Says that he's fighting Ugene/ Eugene/ Nick Dinsmore next March in dub. Gotta go see dat

HI V wrote: »
    There's an article in today's News of The World on The Ballymun Bruiser. Says that he's fighting Ugene/ Eugene/ Nick Dinsmore next March in dub. Gotta go see dat

From what i heard and from seeing bruiser this could be a WRESTLING classic.Pity that wont happen

• Advertisement

After the success of IwW's October 2007, '5th Anniversary Tour', which saw over 3,000 wrestling fans pack a series of nationwide shows, Irish Whip Wrestling is proud to announce its upcoming St Paddy's Tour currently scheduled for March 2008.

Featuring some of the top names in independent wrestling today, IwW are looking to top the success and quality of their '5th Anniversary Tour' with the kind of in-ring action that has made it the biggest professional wrestling promotion in Ireland today.

The following names are just some of the stars that you can look forward to seeing this March 2008 on IwW's huge 'St Paddy's Tour':

wwe.gif

Eugene.jpg

EUGENE (WWE)

Eugene is one of the most 'special' talents on the independent scene. Well known for his career in WWE where he feuded with some of the highest-profile names there, Eugene was one of the most popular characters on both Raw and SmackDown during his time there. One wonders how both Irish fans and wrestlers will respond to this star when he makes his IwW debut, with the likes of the Ballymun Bruiser already having harsh words for him.

logoecwns1.jpg

13271873_l.jpg

TRACY SMOTHERS (WWE, ECW)

Tracy Smothers will be well known to IwW fans as he has wrestled over here several times previously, most notably on the IwW 5th Anniversary Tour where he entertained fans up and down the country. The former WWE and ECW star broke into the business at first where he was well-known for wrestling a bear at one stage. Smothers is still unpredictable to this day, but always guarantees entertainment.

wwe.gif

Ouellet_bio.jpg

'THE QUEBECER' CARL OULETT (WWE, WCW, ECW, TNA)

'The Quebecer' is a true veteran of the sport, having wrestled in all major American promotions of the past decade. He is a former WWE Tag-Team Champion and was a part of one of the most well-remembered tag-teams of his generation. Outlett believes that his best days in the ring are still ahead of him however and is looking to prove as much to fans when he makes his IwW debut this March.

200px-Scorpiosky.jpg

SCORPIO SKY (PWG, WSX)

Scorpio Sky is one of the most exciting, sought-after independent talents today. Having earnt a reputation on the American independent scene in Pro-Wrestling Guerrilla, Scorpio caught people's eye on a grand stage when he was a part of MTV's Wrestling Society X promotion. The young high flyer is known for both his aerial assaults and technical ability, and will no doubt have a point to prove to IwW's Zero-Gravity division when he comes to Ireland in March.

127726148a3419905174b771091225l.jpg

IwW International Heavyweight Champion, VIC VIPER

Viper has without a doubt been the most dominant International Heavyweight Champion in Irish Whip Wrestling history. His 'who's who' of defeated talent speaks for itself: 'The Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels, CIMA, Doug Williams, Kid Kash, Tracy Smothers, the list goes on. Some were surprised to see him retain his title at the IwW 5th Anniversary tour, however that was only a testament to Viper's resiliance in proving nay-sayers wrong. Though unpopular with fans, Viper says that they've 'seen nothing yet' when it comes to him defending his Championship. We shall see...

1372862542_l.jpg

'The Insane One' MAD MAN MANSON

One of the true characters of the independent circuit today, Mad Man Manson is one of the most popular stars in both Ireland and Britain. Reputed for his hilarious unpredictability as much as his vicious mean streak, Manson has gone from strength to strength since his debut where he went on an unprecedented winning streak and was seen by many as unstoppable. This reputation still stands strong today, however many believe that Manson may have a stigma attached to him around the IwW International Heavyweight Championship, as he has never been able to pry it from the arms of arch-rival Vic Viper. Will that change this March 2008?

Image022.jpg

'The Man with the Golden Can' BALLYMUN BRUISER

'The Man with the Golden Can' is one of the most capable wrestlers in Ireland. Despite his, at times, comic nature, make no mistake about it, the Ballymun-native is more than adept when inside the squared circle. He has risen through the ranks in IwW like no other and seems to be setting his sights firmly at the top this March, challenging the likes of Eugene and other top names in his effort to gain respect in the ring. Will 2008 be Bruiser's big breakout year?

m_f46a9153ffcdd607abfc0b991a7ced7c.jpg

'The Black-Hearted Warrior' MANDRAKE[/b][/size]

Mandrake is developing a cult-following in his well-documented quest to become IwW International Heavyweight Champion. 'The Black-Hearted Warrior' is possibly the most impressive rookies this country has ever seen. As he sets to embark upon his second full year inside the wrestling business, Ireland's fastest rising star has his sights set on nothing but the belt around Vic Viper's waist. Will the St Paddy's Tour be the time of reckoning for the Newry-native?

and many more...

Thus far the dates announced on this tour are as follows (more dates to be announced in forthcoming weeks):

Friday 14th March

IwW @ Waterford

The Forum,
    Waterford City

Doors Open: 6.30pm
    Bell-Time: 7pm

Tickets: Only E15

To book tickets call: (085) 8283779

*There will also be an autograph & picture session with all wrestlers*

Saturday 15th March

IwW @ Donnycarney

Donnycarney Youth Centre,
    Collins Avenue
    Dublin 5

Doors Open: 7pm
    Bell-Time: 7.30pm

(On sale from The Wrestling Shop,
    Artane Shopping Centre,
    Dublin 5
    Phone: (01) 8511423

More info: (085) 8283779

Sunday 16th March

IwW @ Cork

Neptune Stadium,
    North Monastery Rd,
    Blackpool,
    Cork City

Doors Open: 6pm
    Bell-Time: 6.30pm

(On sale at Pro Musica,
    20 Oliver Plunkett St,
    Cork City
    (021) 4271659

More info: (085) 8283779

For more information on this huge tour, stay tuned to www.IrishWhipWrestling.com!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Woo, finally IWW is in Cork. Neptune is a big enough arena as well. be very interested to see how many will show up.

Looking forward to seeing Scorpio Sky. Good heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Bad news gimmick, the Wrestling Observer says that IWW are doing a show in Blackpool on the 16th of March, so the Cork show must be cancelled

Or it could just be an error, along with Irish Whip Wrestling being from the UK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Neptune stadium is in the suburb of Blackpool in Cork City. So the observer is right and wrong!

Haha, I didn't look at the address above

Saturday 8th Dec - Verona Football Club, Blanchardstown, Dublin:

Mad Man Manson defeated 'Angry' Andy Barton

Tara Doyle & Brother Skelly defeated Rugged Dillon Jones & Keith Connolly

2 on 1 Handicap match: Captain Rooney & Conor Hurley defeated Wayne Daly

Ballymun Brusier & LA Warren defeated 'The Heretic' Red Vinny & Bingo Ballance

Last Man Standing Match: Rick O'Shea defeated Bam Katraz

3-way Non Title Match: Mandrake defeated Vic Viper & Caiman

Sunday 9th Dec - Irish Wheelchair Association, Clontarf, Dublin:

Bingo Ballance defeated LA Warren

Tara Doyle, Conor Hurley & The Irish Dragon defeated 'Rugged' Dillon Jones, Wayne Daly & Rick O'Shea

King of the Gym 2007 Final: Brother Skelly defeated 'Angry' Andy Barton to become the 2007 IwW King of the Gym

'The Heretic' Red Vinny defeated Bam Katraz

Ballymun Bruiser defeated Mad Man Manson

3-way Non Title match: Mandrake defeated Vic Viper & Caiman

Congratulations to Brother Skelly on becoming the 2007 King of the Gym from all at IwW and huge thanks to all the fans who made it such a successful weekend!

Tickets for the IwW St Paddy's Day tour in March can now be purchased via PayPal. More information available through the main site at www.IrishWhipWrestling.com!

This is a rare opportunity for American fans to not only witness the top wrestling talent from Japan in action on SpikeTV, but to see them compete against the superstars of Total Nonstop Action! Other TNA vs. New Japan bouts set to take place at the January 4 event in Tokyo include: TNA's Steiner Brothers vs. IWGP Tag Team Champions Tomko & Giant Bernard, TNA's Abyss vs. New Japan's Manabu Nakanishi, TNA's Team 3D vs. New Japan's Toru Yano & Togi Makabe, TNA's Christian Cage, AJ Styles & Petey Williams vs. New Japan's Minoru, Prince Devitt and Milano Collection AT. Don't miss the TNA vs. New Japan "Global iMPACT!" special on SpikeTV on Thursday, January 17!

Pretty Big match for Fergal

Pretty Big match for Fergal

Yeah, that'll be the biggest match he's ever been in up to that point. The January 4th show is New Japan's equivalent of Wrestlemania and this is the first one that Fergal will be on. Good to see that TNA got his name right this time, last time they were just calling him "Davitt"

• Advertisement

I would love to see Fergal vs Aj i just think that would be an amazing match

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement