Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

Hi, Does anyone know who is singing this song on the surf advert, it's a female singer, sort of folksy singer song writter type

"you go, I'll be ok I can dream the rest away" ??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Spot on Simply Red.. played it through my iPhone speaker into the application Shazam and got this:

photobq2.jpg

One of the best reasons to have an iPhone... it's so fecking accurate too so if anyone needs any tunes recognised, give us a PM with a sample, or link to a sample.
    This one has been killing me for a while. Keep hearing it around but can't remember what it is. Sounds like film music:

Starts around 1:39 if you can't sit through Jeremy Clarkson. :)
    Ran yours through Shazam and got this:

photolw1.jpg

Video for song in YouTube below:

Any more challenges for it?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭taibhse

Hi, Does anyone know who is singing this song on the surf advert, it's a female singer, sort of folksy singer song writter type

"you go, I'll be ok I can dream the rest away" ??
    13-09-2008 14:26

Lisa Mitchell - Neapolitan dreams

good song I was actually looking for this song myself :)
    Kinda similar sound to angus and julia stone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Basq = Hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Whats the song at the start of Juno , I can barely remember it now , but it was a folksy tune , where the singer was saying all things like "If you were a ..... then I'd be a....."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

gustavo wrote: »
    Whats the song at the start of Juno , I can barely remember it now , but it was a folksy tune , where the singer was saying all things like "If you were a ..... then I'd be a....."

All I Want Is You - Barry Louis Polisar

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Dancey song-

woman sings "what do we do?"

Man raps (english accent) "usually drink, usually dance..."

woman sings "all I wanna do, is tell you I love you" Or something similar..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tommyn147

anyone know the name of the song that is used on the champions league add for the matches on the 15th/16th Sept 08.. Cannot think of whom they are..lightening seeds or summit like that..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

tommyn147 wrote: »
    anyone know the name of the song that is used on the champions league add for the matches on the 15th/16th Sept 08.. Cannot think of whom they are..lightening seeds or summit like that..

Think its This is the One by the Stone Roses

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

anyone know the song on the ikea add at the moment??

its like 2 mandolins playing but they sound out of tune with each other!?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Its a new ad for some sort of cheese....with a kid coming home from school in the rain and sitting at the kitchen table with a cloud over his head....

Sounds kinda like Regina Spektor....lyrics were something like "Why do birds fly when dragons breathe fire" or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Help!

Abyone know the song from the new DELL Inspiron ad

Its like#I am green today#

Thanks in advance
    b

Help!

Abyone know the song from the new DELL Inspiron ad

Its like#I am green today#

Thanks in advance
    b

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Alicat wrote: »
    Its a new ad for some sort of cheese....with a kid coming home from school in the rain and sitting at the kitchen table with a cloud over his head....

Sounds kinda like Regina Spektor....lyrics were something like "Why do birds fly when dragons breathe fire" or something.
    It's Vivienne Long. She's a cello/piano/singer/writer player. She used to play with Damian Rice. She had an E.P out about a year ago called bird-song. The song on the ad is called Happy Thoughts. It's not on the EP. But she does play it regularly live. She plays live often...Whelan's etc. and crops up in the Dundrum monthly Bamboo sessions. She's at present recording her first album.
    She's a bit twee (D. Rice seams to have a bit of a penchant for whimsical twee birds). This isn't to under-rate V.long's ability in bringing a tune together and her live shows are affordable and worth a pop in. I just wish Ireland could produce someone that can write like her but have big balls in their personality. Makes the live viewing less cringy.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Sorry if this has been asked already but anyone know the song from the guinness ad with the building that they all are turning the lights on and off to create the settling effect?

Muchos Gracias.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 michellet5

What is the song on the RTE Ad, that is used to promote the Clinic i think...
    Its something like "Ill Love u untill the end..."
    Its driving me crazy,,,,such a lovely song....
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

whats this song by linkin park I think?
    cheers.

• Advertisement

Plug wrote: »

whats this song by linkin park I think?
    cheers.
    It's Rollin' by Limp Bizkit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

cheers;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

ok this is the most vague description of a song ever. its a song from a few years back. a white cowboy guy. think it was a rap song. i'd really like to know cos its wreckin my head. cheers if anyone gets it

evil_seed wrote: »
    ok this is the most vague description of a song ever. its a song from a few years back. a white cowboy guy. think it was a rap song. i'd really like to know cos its wreckin my head. cheers if anyone gets it
    Kid Rock - Cowboy?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭misty76

Hello there, i wonder if anyone knows this song? its a danced up song with a female singer, i only heard it over the last while..

the music goes, na na na na na, na na na na na na, then there is a girl singing and the lyrics i caught go.... we are ment to be and i aint blind, move your sexy body move your sexy body.. then the music again, na na na na na na etc..

ive tried to look up the lyrics, but no joy so if anyone has any ideas it would be great, cheers..

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭misty76

michellet5 wrote: »
    What is the song on the RTE Ad, that is used to promote the Clinic i think...
    Its something like "Ill Love u untill the end..."
    Its driving me crazy,,,,such a lovely song....
    Thanks

its a song by the pogues but spider tracy sings instead of mc gowan, it was on the ps i love you movie also.. look up you tube its on there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

from a car ad years ago: 'they're bigger, they're bluer, but they're not truer, sorry but im gonna have to pass....' is it by A-ha?

ANy one know the song from the Dell inspiron ad

#I am green today#

barnicles wrote: »
    ANy one know the song from the Dell inspiron ad

#I am green today#
    'Colors' by Kira Willey

• Advertisement

Were can I find it?

Advertisement