Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

barnicles wrote: »
    Were can I find it?
    99c on iTunes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Anyone know of a song called "Reach for the Surf"? Or maybe a band of the same name, or something similar. I'm very sure it's not reach for the stars or reach for the sky. I remember seeing it in the credits of a movie once and was hoping someone would know what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

basquille wrote: »
    Kid Rock - Cowboy?

no its not that one. its from about 8 yrs ago i'd say. for some reason the name milk or milky is in my head

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

evil_seed wrote: »
    ok this is the most vague description of a song ever. its a song from a few years back. a white cowboy guy. think it was a rap song. i'd really like to know cos its wreckin my head. cheers if anyone gets it

Wouldn't be this would it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG3sS8RBdms&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 doubletalk

evil_seed wrote: »
    ok this is the most vague description of a song ever. its a song from a few years back. a white cowboy guy. think it was a rap song. i'd really like to know cos its wreckin my head. cheers if anyone gets it
    Would it be Jason Downs 'White boy with a Feather' ?
    There's a rap in it
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVK8-qzc_IY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

jason downs thats it. milk is the name of the MC. thanks!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭K_P

Jay P wrote: »
    Anyone know of a song called "Reach for the Surf"? Or maybe a band of the same name, or something similar. I'm very sure it's not reach for the stars or reach for the sky. I remember seeing it in the credits of a movie once and was hoping someone would know what it is.

Would it be "Light and Day" by the Polyphonic Spree? The line "reach for the sun" features quite prominently in it. There doesn't seem to be a proper video for it. This clip is from "Scrubs".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUHgKBw994A

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Joe's fanclub

Does anyone know the song from the first episode of 'the family' on one of the daughters was dancing around the room to it.........

sorry bit vague

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Does anyone know the song from the first episode of 'the family' on one of the daughters was dancing around the room to it.........

sorry bit vague
    I only watched portion of that prog but I can see that scene in my head- they were getting ready for a party or something -but cant think of the words even...

Do you remember some words? that'd help!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Joe's fanclub

Yes! Thats right - I remember just a few words,

"........Scream London,
    they never saw it coming...."

along those lines anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Yes! Thats right - I remember just a few words,

"........Scream London,
    they never saw it coming...."

along those lines anyway

:DLol!
    was it this? Jamie T - Sheila
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=oqUMDu8eHg4&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Rainbowbrite87

Trying to find out who sings a song with the words

"this is what we got" then something like "no where we'd rather be"..

Something like that, I think its new and possibly an Irish band.. Really wanna find it :confused:...........:o

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Hey guys,

This is kinda wreckin my head.
    Cant find the name of the song that ye probably all have heard on the add for Tubridy Tonight on RTE, it goes something like "something different, something new..." and i cant find it anywhere..

is there any hope anyone knows?

EDIT:

GOT IT!!!

its by a band called Fight Like Apes and the song is Something Global

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Does anyone know the name of the artist who covers 'True Colors' from the Sky High Definition ad?

Edit : Just found it:
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=EI3SOXHS9CE

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Anyone know the music used during the 'Goal of the month' section on The Premiership ?

'Tis driving me crazy. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 clostrafobic

I saw it had been mentioned before,but does anybody know where I could get the song from the last road safety ad?
    This is the ad;
    http://video.aol.com/video-detail/irish-road-safety/1678443665

cheers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭xw2lj9uspm1eyh

Whats the music in the ad where the guy is holding the big spanner the guy is typing on a big keyboard the chef is putting cream on the buns with the big squeezer and the guy says need a better fit

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Whats the name of the classical theme on the ads for and during the x factor.

Heard its by oark(spelling?)
    There's a very quick sample of the very opening of Carl Orff's Carmina Burana. The track (ahem) is o Fortuna.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_Eya3_IqOQ

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Does anyone know the name of the dance/ techno song from the new o2 ad? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭inspiron6000

I am looking to find out the music on an ad on tv.
    The ad is for a new station thats being launched "Watch", its being shown on Dave. The music is inspirational piano music.
    This is really annoying me.
    Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭j1smithy

I saw it had been mentioned before,but does anybody know where I could get the song from the last road safety ad?
    This is the ad;
    http://video.aol.com/video-detail/irish-road-safety/1678443665

cheers :D

I am almost certain that song was composed especially for the ad, so i doubt there is actually a song. lyile bailey was the company that created the ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭j1smithy

I was wondering whether anyone knows the song thats on the fruice "so smooth"ad. searched high and low on the net but no joy.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxit02tYylE

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭misty76

misty76 wrote: »
    Hello there, i wonder if anyone knows this song? its a danced up song with a female singer, i only heard it over the last while..

the music goes, na na na na na, na na na na na na, then there is a girl singing and the lyrics i caught go....now i find, we are ment to be and i aint blind, move your sexy body move your sexy body.. then the music again, na na na na na na etc..

ive tried to look up the lyrics, but no joy so if anyone has any ideas it would be great, cheers..

Hi i was just wondering if anyone has any ideas about the song above, i heard it on the channel 4 show the family when the daughter was getting ready to go out and also on hollyoaks.. they are female singers sound bit like girls aloud butnot them.. Thanks all..

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭homergriffin

It's about 8 years since I heard it. I was given a copy of it on a blank CD by one of my brother' mates and it's not on any album so therefore could have been a B-side.
    Very vague description, it had a part that sounds like New Way Home on The Colour and the Shape. For some reason I think the song has the word Touch associated with it. Any help?

Cheers glupi, I found the song. It's called 'How do you do'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 glupi

It's about 8 years since I heard it. I was given a copy of it on a blank CD by one of my brother' mates and it's not on any album so therefore could have been a B-side.
    Very vague description, it had a part that sounds like New Way Home on The Colour and the Shape. For some reason I think the song has the word Touch associated with it. Any help?

Dave Grohl wrote the soundtrack to the movie Touch if that's what you're thinking of...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Haris83

Hi everybody,

there's this tune that I once recorded a bit (bad quality, unfortunately), but absolutely have no chance of figuring it out, so would be very, very grateful if anyone could help me. The song is from documentary about FIFA World Cup in Italy, and it plays during footage of Irish fans invading Rome before the quarterfinal match, I guess. Please any help is welcome. The link is:

http://boomp3.com/listen/4c4njhae_g/recording-1-1-a

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭mac_leinn

I know this has been asked before (on page 27) but I dont think it was answered...

Does anyone know the music that is played during the ad promo for Night Shift on Channel 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Anyone know the music used during the 'Goal of the month' section on The Premiership ?

'Tis driving me crazy. :mad:

Found it :D

Primal Scream - Beautiful Future

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Evo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

I can feel you *something*

I wanna take you there..

What is this song i need it??

P.S is there something Wrong with youtube???

Advertisement